Mackensey Alexander Photography Reviews

26 | Asheville, NC

26 Reviews for Mackensey Alexander Photography

Robert Sprayberry · Married on 12/30/2018

Incredible

In the midst of one of the most overwhelming days of our lives, Mackensey captures our joy perfectly. She came into a situation not knowing the venue (being from out of town), or the photo locations we had chosen, and she made them work beautifully. She also found a second shooter in a town that’s not her own that was absolutely amazing. Her editing elicits the exact vibe we were shooting for, and we got “sneak peaks” less than 48 hrs after the wedding. Trust me, you may not think you want pictures immediately, but the moment you get them you’ll obsess for days. She was the perfect mixture of directive and responsive. We are forever grateful that she was the one to capture our day.

Sent on 01/05/2019

Holly Breeding · Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful work and beautiful person!

Mackensey was the first person we hired for our wedding and one of the most cherished members of our wedding team by a landslide! Her work is truly an art and I still sit in awe as we look back at the beauty she captured on our special day. She was such a huge help from the moment we added her to our team.

Let’s be honest, taking pictures with your significant other in front of someone you’ve never met can seem a little nerve-wracking. Not with Mackensey! She was the most calming presence from our engagement shoot to the moment she walked into our bridal house on our big day. Even in the moments of the inevitable chaos, her sincerity and the ease with which she does her work ensured we were focused on enjoying our big day while she managed to capture every detail in the most amazing way. Her ability to capture the authenticity and emotion in each and every moment never ceases to amaze me. I would spend every penny a hundred times over to continue to cherish the moments she captured on our wedding day. She is so much more than a photographer and I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Melissa · Married on 07/14/2018

Mackensey is so gifted at the art of photography. Her artistic ability goes above-and-beyond to capture all dimensions of the beauty of the special moments in your life. Hiring her for my wedding was one of the best decisions I made. She is so professional, calming, and savvy at what she does. I had a worry-free, fun, and happy experience having her as our photographer. The photos she took were GORGEOUS with highest quality artistry. A+, 5-stars, 5/5, essential, highly recommend!

Sent on 08/23/2018

Nichole · Married on 02/23/2018

Let me start this review off by saying, my husband and I had a destination wedding in Savannah and I was not a bride that enjoyed wedding planning. With that being said, have you ever met someone where you look back and think, “Thank God, they were a part of that moment”? That’s how I feel about Mackensey, her 2nd shooter, and her assistant. They truly made our wedding day amazing. The energy they exude helped me relax during this emotional, nerve-racking day (even when I had a minor meltdown with my dress [thanks Skye for helping me find my bustle]). Their encouragement also helped us feel confident in front of the camera. Our "sneak peak" photos turned out awesome! If you can get on Mackensey’s schedule (she fills up fast) - DO IT!! She is worth every penny. Not only is she extremely talented, she is also a wonderful person. By the end of our time together, I felt less like her client and more like her friend.

Sent on 03/01/2018

candace · Married on 04/28/2017

Mackensey is wonderful!!!! Not only is she an amazing photographer, she is SO incredibly sweet. She made my husband and me feel so relaxed during engagement and wedding photos. She is so kind and calm that it truly made us feel so comfortable, and we felt like we could be ourselves around her. One of the most special parts of our wedding was right after our ceremony when we are on the beach taking pictures. My husband and I were so giddy and excited and she just made everything so easy and fun. Her vibe and style is ON POINT.

We have had so many compliments on our album and love our photos so much that we have had a hard time picking out which ones to get printed. If there is one vendor you need to have- it's her. She is worth every penny and then some.

Sent on 08/05/2017

Alexa · Married on 02/04/2017

To me and my husband, there was no more important decision than finding the right person to capture our day in a way that matched our style. We definitely chose the right person. Mackensey's photos are so unique and have a raw-quality about them, which made her an instant favorite when scouring portfolios. After speaking to her, I knew it was right. She was friendly, knowledgeable and even tossed a few other vendor recommendations my way (which was much appreciated!) She even went above and beyond and recommended a babysitter for our flower girls!
    We were so nervous for our engagement photos, but Mackensey put us at ease and it was great to get to meet her prior to the wedding so we could see her style and she could learn more about us. When she showed up on the wedding day it was like seeing friend walk in. We have only received a few teasers back as our wedding was only 1 week ago, but those 2 photos are exactly what I envisioned having as memories from our wedding. I very highly recommend Mackensey if you're looking for someone to beautifully document your day while also making you feel like a supermodel who has been comfortable in front of a lens for years. She's a magician.

Sent on 02/15/2017

Mackensey is such a pleasure to work with, and we could not have asked for a better photographer for our engagement and our wedding. Her calm, positive energy made both sessions easy and enjoyable. She did such a wonderful job capturing the joy of both occasions, and we felt we could relive them through her photos. So many of our guests commented to us about how sweet our photographer was, and we can't recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 07/15/2016
  • W

William · Married on 11/20/2015

Mackensey was the perfect fit for our wedding shots. Check out her gallery and you will agree. She had fresh ideas, was prompt and matched our personality. Our pictures were, by far, better than what we expected. We highly recommend her.

Sent on 04/24/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 11/14/2015

I don't even know where to start! Mackensey was the first vendor we booked for our wedding. The person that we chose to capture our wedding day was so important to us, and we could not have picked anyone more perfect. After the first meeting I had with Mackensey, I knew that she was the type of person I wanted to work with. I had already seen her work so I knew I loved how she photographed, but it was important to us that all of our vendors, that would be there on our wedding day, were people that we would want to share in that special occasion. She fit that expectation 100%. Eric and I aren't the type of people that are normally comfortable in front of the camera, so we chose to have Mackensey shoot our Engagement session to get all of those "camera jitters" out before the wedding. She made us feel so comfortable right away! The images that she captured really show the love we have for each other, and that’s something that is truly priceless. When I first saw the engagement pictures, I cried because they were so beautiful and such a sweet memory for us to cherish forever. The wedding was no different. Every bride is, at least, a little stressed on their wedding day. I was no different, but as soon as we started shooting our "first look" it was like it was just Eric and I and nothing else mattered. She brings a sense of calmness to every session, and it really shows in all of the photos. Our wedding photos are GORGEOUS and are the most incredible gift we've ever been given. We have received numerous compliments on both the engagement and wedding photos! If you have the chance to let Mackensey capture ANY life event, whether it's your engagement, wedding, Christmas photos, or a new baby, DO NOT MISS OUT! I cannot put into words how amazing Mackensey (and her work) is. By far the best photographer out there!

Sent on 01/08/2016

Tyler · Married on 11/07/2015

Mackensey is absolutely wonderful! She's not only a fantastic artist, but she's a very kind person. We are so pleased with how our engagement photos and wedding photos turned out. My husband and I often feel very awkward behind the camera, but Mackensey made us feel very at ease while getting our pictures taken. Mackensey is very talented at what she does and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer. My husband and I absolutely love our photos and will continue to cherish them for years to come.

Sent on 01/04/2016

Taylor · Married on 09/26/2015

I have never been luckier than the day I stumbled upon the most stunning little vendor booth at Savannah’s Behind the Veil bridal show in 2013! Not only did I get the chance to meet the wonderful Mackensey Alexander but I landed myself a kick-butt, styled engagement session! Little did I know then that I had also found the PERFECT match for what I considered the most important role in my wedding - the photographer - as well as beautiful, kind friend! Her style, her charm, her overall vibe, it blew me away...and sure enough, so did her work!

Over the next year and half Mackensey spent time getting to know Ben and I, really getting a feel for who we were as a couple, and thus making our wedding day experience with her a complete blast! From beginning to end Mackensey made us feel so relaxed and the whole experience was a complete joy! I couldn't be happier that the photos she captured of our wedding are just as beautiful as the memories I have of that day. I had no idea that someone could capture the overwhelming happiness I was feeling that day on film but she somehow managed to do so in the most MAGICAL way!

If you’re looking for a professional AND personable photographer who knows how to capture the magic of your special day then look no further! I am forever grateful for her amazing work, attitude, and beautiful soul!

Sent on 01/15/2016

Vanessa · Married on 09/19/2015

I loved working with Mackensey! She really became a part of our wedding. She did our engagement photos, photos at our rehearsal dinner, and our wedding. I asked her impromptu to stay a little late and she was such a good sport! She is so funny and sweet and seems to get to know each of her clients and treat them like more than a client. Now about my pictures.. I got them back a few days ago.. and they are absolutely stunning. Breath taking! I couldn't be a happier newlywed :) Thank you Mackensey!

Sent on 10/23/2015

Cassidy · Married on 07/14/2015

From the beginning the photography has always been the most important thing to me. I knew that no matter how much money we spent on a spectacular venue, the perfect dress, or the prettiest flowers, it would all fall short if we didn’t have awesome photos to look back and live through in the years to come. After spending hours online searching for photographers, my fiance (now husband) and I decided to inquire with Mackensey.

The quality that stood out to me the most about Mackensey was her desire to get to know her clients on a deeper level. From the very first time we met her for coffee, I could see her passion for people shining forth. Her motto is quality over quantity and, oh my, does she deliver on the “quality” aspect of that phrase! She treats her clients as more than just a dollar amount or another wedding to check off of a list, she treats her clients like family.

While I was a little nervous about being in front of the camera, my husband was absolutely dreading it. For this reason, we decided to book an engagement session to ease our wedding-day nerves. As soon as we started taking our engagement pictures, all of our nerves melted away. Mackensey is so personable, fun, and laid back. When you’re with her, you feel like you’ve known her for years. After our engagement session ended, my husband and I couldn’t stop talking about how much we (surprisingly) LOVED the experience and how we couldn’t wait for her to share in our wedding day.

If you want someone who super sweet, laid back, incredibly talented, and will treat you like family, look no further than Mackensey. Every time I look back at our photos, not only will I relive one of the best days of my life, but I'll remember just how amiable Mackensey was and how she was more focused on the experience of capturing raw emotion and unique art than staying confined within a time frame. My husband and I agree that Mackensey was our absolute favorite part of our entire wedding.

Sent on 08/12/2015

Maria · Married on 06/27/2015

Mackensey was fantastic from the very beginning. We did all the planning long distance as my wedding was in Ohio. She is so kind and had great ideas when I had any questions. I was initially nervous about getting photographed all day, but she made me and my husband feel at ease and it was so nice to have a vendor that was was so stress free. She even came early to capture photos at the hair salon!

I'm so happy with the final product. If you are even considering booking with Mackensey - do it. It will be one less thing to worry about on your big day as she will handle everything with kindness and capture your day in a candid unique way that me and my family will continue to cherish forever.

Sent on 01/06/2016

Katherine · Married on 06/20/2015

Choosing Mackensey as our photographer was hands-down the best wedding-related decision that my husband and I made. Aside from the structure of our ceremony and vows, photography was the single most important element of our big day, and if you want the best, Mackensey is it.

Our first confirmation of this decision was at our engagement photo session. It’s important to remember that while I don’t mind sitting for photographs, my husband is the exact opposite. After our session with Mackensey, he couldn’t stop saying was how easy, fun, and efficient the entire morning was. When we got the pictures back, I was shocked to see how perfectly Mackensey was able to capture the essence of our relationship. Everything about our session and the final results were so organic.

On our actual wedding day, Mackensey was the glue holding so many things together. We hired her to take pictures and capture memories of our special day, but she did so much more than that. There were a couple of moments during the day that I was inundated with the stress of where to go, what to do, how to avoid family drama, and how to get away from our overbearing wedding day coordinator—Mackensey instantly stepped in to calm me down with the philosophy , “It’s your wedding day. You need to be having fun and doing what you want.” All the moments that I desperately want to remember from our wedding day are captured in her film—my husband’s face when the church doors opened, my parents’ overwhelming enthusiasm and joy, my emotions when I saw old friends who traveled near and far to be with us. Not a single detail was missed.

Looking back on our wedding day and all of the planning that went into it, our choice of photographer is still the component that we appreciated the most. Mackensey’s photography is elegant, artistic, and timeless, and her subjects always look effortlessly beautiful. I hope to have her in our lives for years to come as our family grows and changes and new memories are made!

Sent on 08/16/2015

Jordan · Married on 06/13/2015

On June 13, my husband and I had the pleasure of working with Mackensey. Asking her to capture our day was the smartest wedding decision I made. The wedding process was overwhelming for me, but she put all our nerves at ease. She made us feel completely comfortable during both our engagement shoot and our wedding photos, which is crucial to creating shots that reflect real emotions. She was professional but also fun and friendly. Looking back I realized this is the perfect combination of attributes. Our photos were everything we could ask for and more. She is an artist that creates the perfect environment for sincere moments, and then develops them into pictures you will absolutely love. Wedding day ends up being a blur but I'm incredibly lucky I have these amazing photos to reflect on some of our favorite memories. Thank you so much for choosing to work with us Mackensey, our family will cherish these beautiful pictures forever.

Sent on 10/12/2015
  • Lesley

Lesley · Married on 05/16/2015

Mackensey's photos are phenomenal!
    We are so pleased with all of her photos from both our engagement shoot and wedding. From the day we met her she was like a close friend we have known for years. She took the time to get to get to know us to make us feel comfortable. For our engagement shoot Mackensey recommended an amazing location!! Our wedding photos are absolutely gorgeous we will cherish them forever.

Sent on 07/23/2015

Gabby · Married on 03/21/2015

Mackensey was the absolute perfect choice for our photographer! Not only is she amazing at what she does, she is such a wonderful person. Having someone take photos of you and your significant other can we intimidating, but she makes you feel so comfortable. Your photographer is with you through every step of the process and I was so happy to have her there with me. She is so laid back and a welcomed presence when things can become hectic. I would and have recommended Mackensey to many friends and family, as she is truly one of a kind! No one could have captured our day as perfectly as she did!

Sent on 01/04/2016

Molly · Married on 09/26/2014

Mackensey was one of the huge catalysts for this whole wedding coming together. She was one of the first vendors we hired when planning my daughter's wedding in Savannah. We were planning it from Michigan. She recommended the wedding planners we used: Alysse and Tristan of Design Studio South, who then were able to help us bring the whole event to life. Mackensey works with and is connected with some of the best wedding vendors in Savannah! There is a reason for this: she's great!

She is an amazingly talented photographer! Her engagement photos as well as her wedding photos have all been unique and beautiful. Hire Mackensey if you want gorgeous pictures that you can treasure forever.

Sent on 10/15/2014

Allison · Married on 06/07/2014

Mackensey is hands down the most incredibly talented photographer I've ever met. She photographed my wedding and also worked with me helping to shoot my handbags and accessories I make. She really captured exactly what I wanted for both and being able to shoot a wedding and product photography shows her range of talent. I would highly recommend her for any event or situation.....or basically if you want to hang out with a cool person because she is now my spirit animal.

Sent on 01/21/2015

Jennifer · Married on 05/25/2014

Ladies and gentlemen, if you want to book the best photographer around who also happens to be the sweetest person you could ever meet, contact Mackensey immediately! From a fabulous engagement session to our wedding day, Mackensey was amazing. She is calm, cool & collected no matter what ridiculousness is thrown at her {and let's be honest, high-stress events like weddings tend to bring out quite a bit of ridiculousness on more than one front}. She is firm when she needs to be {an excellent quality in one of the people with the most control over how your wedding day timeline progresses} yet always polite and sweet. Not only is she truly an artist, but she is also a consummate professional with prompt correspondence times and an insanely fast turnaround time for edited pictures. I highly encourage all of you reading this to contact her - you'll be so very happy you did!

Sent on 06/09/2014

I love Mackensey!!!! She was hands down the best and her photos are amazing! I would recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 06/24/2013

Jenny · Married on 11/24/2012

If you are like me, you are spending hours searching for the perfect photographer. You should stop your search now and contact Mackensey! My experience working with her for my wedding was phenomenal. She immediately fit right in with my friends and family, she felt like she really belonged there with us! The few hours before the wedding were incredibly hectic, but she took control, got every photo I wanted plus some, and even helped us stick to our timeline! She was one of the first people to show up that day, and even stayed an extra 30-60 minutes when my reception ran past the planned 10pm ending time. Mackensey was always willing to meet our demands, and was even immediately responsive and helpful almost a year after my wedding when I realized I misplaced my original copy of my photos! I really can't say enough about how amazing she has been.

The most outstanding thing about Mackensey is her ability to capture natural, true emotions. Her talent is invaluable! My family had quite a few moments while viewing our wedding album where they stopped and said, "If this photo is the only one we got from that day, then it was well worth the money." To be honest, my wedding day wouldn't have been the same without Mackensey. She really helped make it unforgettable, and it would have been a mistake to choose anyone else!

Sent on 11/01/2013
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 02/19/2012

I can't say enough about Mackensey :) She did our engagement photos and also our wedding photos. Everytime we met with her, she was overly accomodating and willing to work with us as a couple. Knowing that posing for the camera isn't the easiest thing for some people- she always had ideas, props, or photobooks for us to look at and work with. Not only is she a joy to work with, she's extremely professional, punctual and TALENTED. Her work speaks for it's self. Highly recommended!

Sent on 03/13/2012

Amy · Married on 08/28/2011

I picked Mackensey based soley on how much I loved her website. I was not disappointed! Mackensey was super sweet and easy to work with. She was really flexible and asked me all day what moments I'd like to capture. I cannot wait to see the finished products!

Sent on 09/03/2011