Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering Reviews

Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering 2
Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering 3
Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering 4

Lisa · Married on 06/02/2012

Maceli's was absolutely amazing for our wedding! They were a great value and perfectly located in Downtown Lawrence. Kasey made sure everything we discussed was handled and nothing went wrong. I got to enjoy my reception without have to be bothered with any details or problems. We went with the Italian Buffet for the meal and everybody RAVED about it! Seriously could not be happier with how everything turned out. THANK YOU MACELI'S!!

Sent on 06/22/2012

Nick · Married on 05/26/2012

You all were fantastic! Laura Stephens was a breath of fresh air during this whole wedding process. We recieved poor customer service from most of our vendors throughout the process but Laura was absolutely fantastic!!! She is worth her weight in GOLD for Maceli's! Not to discount Maceli's itself either though. The food and service was absolutley phenominal. We used you all for the rehearsal dinner as well and everything was perfect. I will reccomend Laura and Maceli's to anyone who is wanting to get married in Lawrence.

Sent on 06/05/2012

Becky · Married on 10/29/2011

Our wedding reception at Maceli's was fabulous. Laura was great to work with -- from the initial planning meeting through the end, she was there to help us and accomodate the ongoing changes.

Our guest count was about 200, so we had the dinner/dance in the main dining room and the bar/photo booth in the Bistro. That set-up worked very well and everyone had plenty of room to mingle. Our guests raved about the buffet (BBQ beef, herbed chicken, au gratin potatoes, etc) - delicious! The service was great, both in the dining room and at the bar -- staff very friendly. We liked the fact that there were no hidden costs for cake cutting, dance floor, etc. and that the gratuity was included.

We received so many positive comments from our guests about the venue, food, and service. We would highly recommend Maceli's for a wedding reception, as well as other events.

Sent on 01/08/2012

Molly · Married on 08/05/2011

Laura did a fabulous job dealing with all my questions and ideas. She was great at telling me what would work or not work and finding solutions to issues we had come up. The room was absolutly beautiful. And the food was delicious, we had just enough left over to feed the family the next day. Maceli's was a great option for us and a great value!

Sent on 08/30/2011

Colleen · Married on 06/04/2011

Can't say enough about the staff and services of Maceli's. Being an out-of-town MOG, I found myself kind of shooting in the dark while trying to find a place to hold our rehearsal dinner in a city I did not know. Maceli's had the date open and there were some positive reviews on Yelp and WeddingWire, so I decided to take the plunge and hope for the best. Wow, was I glad I did!

The staff was so very helpful and friendly all along the process.

The smaller room at "Their Place" (the Maceli's dining room on New Hampshire St.) was both comfortably intimate for our group of about 45, and lovely. In fact it was so nice that I didn't even end up using all I had brought with us to decorate - just added the centerpieces to the tables and we were good to go. There was another function going on in the larger room, but they had our room well-marked and when we closed the door, we never heard a thing from the other party.

We chose the Italian buffet w/ homemade lasagna for our meal, topped it off with tiramisu for dessert. All was just excellent - hot, fresh, and very tasty. I continue to receive comments about how good it was from those who were there.

I think the only thing I would change if I could would be the parking situation, which was across the street. The lot was well-marked, but the "Maceli's" sign on the building, itself, was partially obscured by the trees in front, which made it a little difficult to figure out where you should be once you were parked. Definitely not a deal-breaker, though. We all figured it out, made our way in, and had a wonderful time!

Thanks, again, Maceli's!

Sent on 06/13/2011

Diana · Married on 07/09/2010

My daughter and son-in-law recently had their wedding reception at Maceli’s. James, one of the Associate Marketing Directors, helped us plan our event. He was friendly, professional, and experienced. He guided us through the details, made helpful suggestions, and quickly responded to any questions or changes by phone or email. His expertise helped make this a stress-free event for me.

The banquet staff was excellent. They had everything set up and ready on time. They politely and efficiently did their jobs. They were very accommodating when we wanted to make some last minute changes in table arrangements in the dining area and in the entry way. They served a very delicious lasagna dinner and provided great bar service. After the party ended, they were very considerate and worked around us as we gathered gifts, flowers, and table decorations. And they made sure we remembered to take the top of the wedding cake home with us!

The setting is great. The entry way and banquet area are tastefully decorated and have nice lighting. The only things we needed to add were our candles and flowers. The dance floor is large and nice. I had many comments from guests about how impressed they were with Maceli’s. I highly recommend Maceli’s and thank them for helping to make my daughter and son-in-law’s wedding reception part of a perfect day.

Sent on 07/13/2010

Tom & Lynn · Married on 07/02/2010

We held the reception for our daughter's July 2, 2010 wedding at Maceli's and everything was perfect! The staff was excellent from the first time we walked in and met with Janice to plan the reception to the end of the evening when the last guest left. We chose a variey of hors d'oeuvres for guests to enjoy while waiting for the bridal party to arrive. This was followed by their pasta buffet dinner. The food was excellent and we received many comments from guests on how good everything was.
    The facility was a prefect setting for the reception. Having the bar in a separate room worked extremely well for the traffic flow and comfort of our guests.

Sent on 07/17/2010

Joe · Married on 06/19/2010

My daughter and new son-in-law had their wedding reception at Maceli's on June 19, 2010. Every guest said that it was the best or one of the best receptions that they've ever attended. Janice, the Associate Marketing Director for Maceli's, was very accomodating during the entire planning process. She made several terrific recommendations and was responsive and flexible. Every guest said that the food (beef tenderloin, salad, rolls and green beans) was delicious and that the setting was elegant yet comfortable. My daughter, wife and I would give Maceli's a SIX STAR rating if it existed. You will definitely make the best choice if you have your reception or any event at Maceli's.

Sent on 06/21/2010

cindy · Married on 05/22/2010

Once our daughter and her fiance went to a tasting the decision was made. They chose to have the pasta bar with shrimp scampi, grilled chicken and meatballs, Italian salad, grilled vegetables and Italian bread, it was delicious and we received several compliments on the food and the efficient service of your staff. The beverage station set up in the dining room was a great idea.

The staff removed plates and moved efficiently through the reception. We also had them set up a separate cocktail hour with appetizers and it was equally impressive. Macelis also catered the Rehearsal dinner the night before and that was also fantastic! The staff worked very well with our reception venue at KU Adams Alumni Center as well as our DJ - Josh Magaha of DJ Dmago Promotions and Entertainment and made it all work together seamlessly.

Everything was perfect and very professional. I am sure as our daughter and her husband reflect back on their beautiful wedding they will remember Macelis played such an important role in making it perfect.

Thank you again for listening to our concerns and making suggestions that made it so easy for us to enjoy the evening. We would definitely recommend Macelis anytime!

Sent on 06/04/2010

Aubrey · Married on 08/01/2009

In Lawrence Kansas, there are only a few options to host a wedding reception. There are even fewer locations with a full service kitchen and catering staff. I would like to take this opportunity to highlight the successful reception we held for our wedding at Maceli's in Lawrence:

Responsive: Both Mr. Maceli and his wedding coordinators were extremely responsive to all of our communication, during the planning process and the day of the reception. Unfortunately our baker was not able to make our cake "stand." Maceli's staff without delay stepped in to refrost and reset the cake!
    Professionalism: Our coordinators provided options and suggestions to accommodate our reception needs. This was done so with the exceptional professionalism and consideration. The wait staff and bar service was unmatched to any wedding I have attended.
    Value for the cost: I am still amazed our Budget afforded us the quality of Maceli's. The food was delicious, plentiful, and prepared as promised. Comparatively to other reception options in Lawrence, there were no additional fees or hidden charges "per person" such as cake cutting or dance floor. Maceli's champions their value-added services.
    Flexibility: My husband and I have impossible schedules, yet Maceli's staff was completely accommodating. With regard to meeting our budget, their efforts were unyielding to meet our needs.

Quality of Service: As aforementioned, Maceli's provided an invaluable service to us on our big day. Our family and friends from Lawrence and across countries have repeatedly told us how well they ate that day. I would highly recommend their services to not only the wedding sector, but those looking to have a sophisticated and modern event for reasonable costs and delicious food.

Sent on 08/13/2009

Adriene · Married on 05/10/2008

I had originally scheduled an outside ceremony at a park, but had to move it inside Maceli's due to rain. The staff was very helpful and ready at the drop of a hat to get things ready. The food was just amazing, venue was beautiful, staff was extremely helpful, and it was more than I ever could have imagined.

I highly recommend Maceli's on New Hampshire. The food is just amazing and they have a wonderful menu as well as staff for the event. The facility is a large, elegant space with room for 300 or so.

Sent on 05/16/2008

Megan · Married on 07/21/2018

Maceli's gave me an experience better than I could have hoped for! The food was AMAZING, Lara is kind and easy to work with all all of the staff during the reception were fantastic! I wouldn't even consider anyone else if I had to do it all over again!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering's reply:

Thank you Megan for your kind words. I'm pleased that you were happy with all that Maceli's provided. Lara is a keeper... isn't she? I am so lucky to have her in the Maceli's family. All the best to you and Joao, Steve Maceli

Carolyn · Married on 04/30/2016

Lara Kamosa was very helpful in making our daughter's wedding wonderful. We couldn't thank her enough. Everyone raved about the food and venue. The staff were all very nice especially handling our large crowd. Would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. We had both our wedding and reception as well as rehearsal dinner at this venue and everything was just beautiful. Thanks again for making our daughters day so special and one to remember.

Sent on 07/04/2016

Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering's reply:

Thanks again Carolyn for celebrating at Maceli's. All the best, Steve Maceli

good goodgood goodgood goodgood goodgood goodgood goodgood goodgood goodgood goodgood goodgood goodgood goodgood goodgood goodgood goodgood goodgood goodgood goodgood good

Sent on 10/25/2012

Beate · Married on 03/24/2012

Maceli's was a great place for our daughter's wedding. The service and the food was excellent. They responded very quickly to my e-mails,couldn't be happier. My daughter and son in law had a blast,so did the rest of us.

Sent on 03/27/2012

Cassi · Married on 03/21/2015

Maceli's catered a buffet style dinner for our wedding reception. The food was delicious, we received comments about it for weeks! They were very flexible about the setup schedule, and allowed us to keep the bar glasses overnight and return them on Monday! Overall, a fantastic experience working with Lara Komosa at Maceli's.

Sent on 04/10/2015

B · Married on 03/21/2015

Maceli's was an excellent choice for a caterer. We got them with our wedding venue, Stony Point Hall, which they were familiar working with. The caterers showed up on time and did not disrupt any of the wedding proceedings. As far as I could tell, the food service went great, and I heard lots of compliments on the quality of the food (if you get the buffet, get the garlic and herb beef!). They were very professional and I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 04/17/2015

Marta · Married on 06/14/2013

We did our rehearsal dinner and reception at Maceli's. We don't regret choosing Maceli's, great place, amazing staff and very precise service. We had so much fun with my husband in our wedding, Maceli's staff took care of everything that day.

Sent on 06/24/2013

Abby · Married on 07/14/2012

Maceli's is a wonderful place to have a wedding reception. There was just the right amount of seating for our group. The guests LOVED the food (especially the scalloped potatoes). Many guests raved about how great the venue was. Kasey was very friendly and helped us sort out all the details of our reception. They were very professional to work with and made our planning a piece of cake!

Sent on 07/31/2012

Julie · Married on 01/12/2007

Great experience here -- very flexible catering -- they made a family recipe for us for the whole crowd!

Sent on 01/13/2008

Angela · Married on 08/07/2009

Maceli's did a phenomenal job for us. They had to come in last minute due to a problem with our original caterer. Maceli's did a fantastic job of stepping in last minute and providing us exactly what we wanted/needed at a reasonable price. VERY professional.

Sent on 08/31/2009

Reception space was nice. The food was good except chicken was a little dry. Staff was friendly.This is probably one of the nicest venues in Lawrence.

Sent on 06/23/2013

Jennifer · Married on 06/12/2010

Maceli's food was amazing for our wedding reception and all our guests really enjoyed it. However, we did have some problems with the staff that ran our reception, which was held at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott. They were supposed to serve a piece of cake to my cousin with a candle in it for her birthday, but they were nowhere to be found when this time came. This alone would not have made me comment on the service, but we also did not have champagne chilled for us at the head table as promised or at the cake table. In fact they had to hunt down our champagne for the toasts. The worst part was the trouble we had with the bar service. They did not have extra wine on hand after I was told they would, after I questioned if I had ordered enough wine and was assured I had. The bar staff also incorrectly tapped our second keg, causing it to be mostly foam when my guests were wanting to drink it. Perhaps more upsetting was that the second keg was not cold at all...

Sent on 08/23/2010

Dyan · Married on 08/15/2009

We are very happy with our experience with Maceli's. We had our reception there with dinner and bar service. Leading up to the wedding day we had help from Maceli's sales staff in making sure we picked all of our food and drink choices. They were very accomodating even when we made some last minute changes. During the reception the Maceli's staff was very helpful about reminding us what time it was and asking if we would still like to start the buffet or cake serving at the previously decided times. The food tasted great too. My only concern was that on the wedding day no one was there initially to let us in to decorate at the time we specified, but it worked out ok when the owner showed up to let us in.

Sent on 09/02/2009

Sarah · Married on 10/09/2010

4.2

I love this place! First of all, the food is AMAZING! As I was making the rounds and greeting guests, they raved about the food. It's so delicious and there were plenty of leftovers after everyone got seconds (some people got thirds!!).
    The service is great and included in the price. The servers are pleasant and on top of everything. We did an open bar with a limit and they were really good about checking with my dad throughout the night to make sure the bar was still open, but not in an annoying way, they were just following the rules we set up.
    I just can't say enough good things about Maceli's. It was a wonderful experience working with them from beginning to end!

Sent on 12/06/2010