Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering Reviews

Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering 2
Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering 3
Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering 4

Josh & Elizabeth · Married on 10/22/2016

Awesome event space, delicious food options, friendly & responsive staff! Lara Komosa was phenomenal! - thanks for the great communication! The stylish atmosphere & impressive sound-system rock! No need to shop around. This place can do it all, and they are very professional and easy to work with.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Shannon · Married on 10/15/2016

Simply go in and talk to Kasey or Lara. They will put you at ease and will work tirelessly to give you the wedding of your dreams. Maceli's is a gorgeous venue, the food is incredible and the service is TOP NOTCH. I was so bad at planning my wedding and they went out of their way to ensure that we had an amazing evening. The price was extremely affordable and worth every penny! I can't say enough about how much we loved having our wedding there. It was PERFECT!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Chloe · Married on 08/27/2016

We had a fantastic experience with Maceli's! Lara was awesome to work with, she was extremely accommodating and kept in touch with me throughout the entire experience. We met several times to go over details and she always greeted us with a smile and had fresh ideas we hadn't thought of to offer when we were stuck trying to decide what option to choose. We went to two different tasting parties there and everything we tried was to die for. We are constantly getting compliments on the food from guests who attended our reception. We chose Caesar salad, Apple Bourbon Pork, Garlic & Herb Beef and Mashed Potatoes. The event space itself was gorgeous. The only thing we felt like we needed to decorate was the tables! The balcony adds a great vantage point for guests seated up there. The bistro room was perfect for the cocktail hour, bar area and photobooth. We had a fairly large reception with 200 guests and it did get crowded during the cocktail hour, but guests were able to find their seats in the banquet room if they felt uncomfortable. I would recommend Maceli's to EVERYONE! Knowing everything would be covered thanks to their professional staff gave me peace of mind throughout the entire planning experience! Thanks Lara and Maceli's!!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Tyler · Married on 06/25/2016

My wife and I got married on June 25, 2016 and used Maceli's for our reception. My wife was familiar with both the banquet hall and also their food from previous functions. I was impressed with the location following our initial visit and even more impressed with the service provided by all the employees. Our guest count was around 200 and there was plenty of room throughout the entire place. We received so many comments from our guests about how amazing the venue was and how much they enjoyed the food. We worked with Lara as our coordinator. She was phenomenal and always working to meet our needs. We talked with Steve a couple times also. He was very passionate and always wanted to make sure our reception was exactly how we wanted it. I would highly recommend Maceli's.

Sent on 07/07/2016

Amanda · Married on 04/16/2016

Overall my experience with Maceli's catering services was excellent. Working with Lara to find the right price point with everything we wanted for our 300+ guests was great - we talked to several caterers, and Maceli's was the only vendor that was able to provide us with the quality of food and service we hoped for within our budget. Because they were so familiar with our venue (Abe and Jake's Landing), service was efficient and I was totally shocked at how quickly the buffet line moved. I received tons of compliments on the food, as well - "best wedding food ever" was a notable one! I really can't say enough about how pleased I was with everything - great service, great quality, and great price point.

Sent on 07/05/2016

Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering's reply:

So glad you were pleased! All the best, Steve and the Maceli's Staff

Nicole · Married on 11/07/2015

Lara was our coordinator and provided helpful feedback and follow up regarding our reception. She was able to set up a tasting outside of their usually scheduled dates to accommodate our travel schedule (we live in Chicago) and the food was impeccable! Everything was served hot and fresh from the kitchen and we were given leftovers at the end of the night. The top of the cake was not given to our family at the conclusion of the night, but Lara was kind enough to drop it off the next day. The space was clean and was plenty of room for our guests.

Sent on 11/14/2015

We were delighted to have our daughter and groom's wedding reception at Maceli's! Both families continue to receive compliments about the lovely venue, delicious food, table settings, service and fun had on July 18th. Professional and responsive, Lara was a dream to work with in planning the bride's wedding vision and we cannot thank her enough! Maceli's handle the 240+ guest without feeling crowded and could easily handle many more in their ballroom and bistro room. To have the facility clean, tables set up with table cloths, napkins, table service with glassware, serve guest, cut the cake and THEN do all the cleanup afterwards is well worth the small amount in rent fee! We are all very pleased with Maceli's and their staff!

Sent on 07/26/2015

Jill · Married on 07/17/2015

We held our daughter's wedding and reception at Maceli's and couldn't be happier with that decision! We loved working with Lara, who was very professional and organized throughout the entire planning process and was always very prompt in returning emails with suggestions or answers to my questions. The event itself was top-notch: the venue was gorgeous and set exactly the mood we hoped for, the food was delicious (we received many compliments, including "This is the best food I've ever had at a wedding!"), and the staff was friendly, welcoming, and very helpful. Maceli's made hosting such an important event so much easier than we ever could have imagined! If we had it to do over again, we would chose Maceli's without a second thought. These people have event planning and catering down to a science--without sacrificing the art!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Mikaela · Married on 06/27/2015

Macelis was all around PERFECT! We loved how they catered the food to our needs and let us bring in our own cupcakes! The venue is fabulous and perfect for larger weddings.

Sent on 02/06/2015

Lauren · Married on 05/30/2015

We switched to Maceli's three months before our wedding after our original caterer fell apart, and it was the best decision. Lara was extremely responsive and professional, and the service was wonderful. The food was delicious — so many of our guests told us that it was the best food they've had at a wedding. They also worked well with the bartenders we had hired separately. Overall, it was great working with Maceli's, and we had no complaints.

Sent on 06/02/2015

We were so happy that we chose Maceli's to cater our reception. The food was AWESOME and we received several compliments from our guests. I had someone tell me it was the best wedding food ever. The service was spectacular. We felt like we got everything we needed through out the reception without being overly bothered. The service staff also communicated very well with our venue and vendors all evening. Lara made the process feel like a breeze and was SO receptive! She eased some of the tension in the first meeting with both our parents by telling funny stories of her own wedding mishaps.

Sent on 06/08/2015

Anna · Married on 03/14/2015

Excellent! Excellent! Excellent! I couldn't be more blown away by the responsive service and thorough attention to detail exhibited by Macelli's! I have recommended Macelli's to all my friends.

Sent on 05/09/2015

Lauren · Married on 11/01/2014

Food was AMAZING. Reception venue was beautiful! Lara is brilliant to work with and our wedding reception is going to be raved about for years to come. Thanks Maceli's! 10 stars and 2 thumbs way up!!!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Terry · Married on 10/04/2014

Everything went wonderfully. Thank you for making it all so magical and memorable! Brandon was absolutely fantastic!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Tamela · Married on 10/04/2014

Maceli's staff were fabulous from the beginning of the planning process through the implementation of our entire event! My daughter's rehearsal dinner was held at Maceli's and Maceli's catered our reception dinner. The rehearsal dinner was beautiful, the food was delicious and the service was top notch! We had a rather large wedding and Maceli's did an excellent job of helping us figure out the logistics of catering to such a large group of people in a family style setting (something important to us!) and still ensuring good, hot food! I would highly recommend Maceli's! Their staff are very professional, their service is superior and their food is very good!

Sent on 10/14/2014

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Maceli's! Not only did they help make our wedding day everything we imagined it to be, but also they helped make it so easy. Lara was the representative I worked with, and she was so wonderful. From the food to the venue to the organization from the day we booked Maceli's was incredible! I would 100% recommend this place to future brides.

Sent on 09/03/2014

We could not have asked for a better place to have our wedding. We worked with Lara and she was outstanding from the moment we walked into the venue to look at it! She will do anything and everything she can for you. She is always punctual and responds to e-mails quickly. She gives great advice and is very easy to work with. Everytime we spoke with her I always felt less stressed, happy, and comfortable with our decision to choose Maceli's. We were bummed she could not be there the day of our wedding as the lady who was there was kinda hard to find at times. Also, they do have a bistro room which we used for the cocktail hour. When we booked the venue we knew there was a small wedding reception in that room but were told it would not be a problem. It was not a huge problem but they had the door open the entire night and a few of our family members and friends saw their guests coming into the ballroom. My dad saw 2 headed towards the bar but they saw him watching them so turned around and left. I was not aware of this until after but it did kind of upset me that there was no staff to monitor as I would have been mad if we paid for the other wedding guests to drink. It ended up not being a big deal but just beware that they can have 2 wedding receptions there at the same time. The food is amazing... we have gotten so many compliments on how great the food was (we had the pulled pork, garlic and herb beef, au gratin potatoes, green beans) and how beautiful the venue looked. We could not be happier with our decision to choose Maceli's!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Becky · Married on 07/06/2014

I initially looked at Maceli's for catering only. Little did I know, they also have their own beautiful ballroom and were running an amazing special if you had your event on a Friday or a Sunday. Because the rental price was so reasonable, my fiance and I were able to splurge a bit more with our wedding menu. I worked with Lara and had a great experience planning everything. She reminds you when floor plans or payments are due, which was extremely helpful (No matter how organized you think you are - the last week or so before your wedding are madness). She was also quick to point out ways that we could save a bit of money (e.g. using Maceli's centerpieces instead of a florist's, using their paper lanterns for decor rather than going out and spending money on new ones, letting us use the lighted curtain that a wedding party used the previous day). Steve Maceli is wonderful too! The morning of our reception, he informed us that he had several floral arrangements (orchids!) from an event the previous day that he'd be happy to arrange throughout the venue at no additional charge!

Finally - and most importantly - the food was amazing! I got so many compliments from friends and family. My dad was very impressed and unable to recall the last time he really enjoyed the food at a wedding. Plus, they let you keep your leftovers! I can't think of a single thing I would change about my wedding reception - everything went off without a hitch and Maceli's played no small role in that!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Caitlin · Married on 07/05/2014

Lara and the staff took great care of us. Our reception looked beautiful and the night went off without a hitch. Lara was so helpful and flexible with all my bridal craziness. It has almost been a month and we are still getting compliments across the board: food, decor, hospitality and much more. I couldn't have asked for a better experience or people to work with. Thank you!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Maceli's is a beautiful venue! Their staff is wonderful and so helpful. They are very professional yet flexible. We had our daughter's wedding reception here and it was magical. Their food is absolutely delicious too. I highly recommend Maceli's for your event!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Crystal · Married on 05/17/2014

We had Maceli's caterer our wedding reception at an offsite location. We had the Italian buffet for a little over 80 people. The food was delicious, hot and exactly what we expected. The breading on the Chicken Parmesan was still crisp like it should be unlike other places I have had it from before where it gets soggy sitting in a buffet. The service was perfect and I never had to worry about anything. It was set up and ready to when our guests arrived. We were even about 45 minutes late getting to our reception and the food was still perfect! I don't know how they did it. We had so many compliments on the food. Several of our guests had seconds because it was so good! Working with them before the event was super easy as well. Lara was always quick to respond and made the process a breeze! I would definitely recommend Maceli's and would use them again for a big event!! One of the reasons we picked them was based upon other reviews and their Best of Lawrence awards. They definitely deserve it, because they exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Rudolph · Married on 05/03/2014

Maceli's took great care of our reception and catering needs. The food was fantastic and the service was at the highest professional level possible. We had alot of out of town guests and every comment was wow what a great place and so elegant and nice. I loved the lighting and the overall atomshpere and how comfortable Maceli's made you feel. The party was 160 persons, there was plenty of room for a DJ and a band plus dancing. The value was priceless. Steve has done a wonderful job with Maceli's. I personally would rate the total package at a perfect 10! Lara was the best with flexibility, insight, and understanding to our wishes.

Sent on 05/24/2014

Alex · Married on 03/14/2014

We just had our wedding at Maceli's 3 weeks ago and it was the best experience I could have hoped for. We booked our venue well in advance and on a Friday night and we were able to start the planning right off. We worked with Kasey and she was extremely helpful and would always answer my (multiple) emails within 24 hours and her answers were always in detail. The food was incredibly delicious and could not go wrong with whatever we chose. We were able to get into the venue the day before to set up and everything was exactly how we wanted when we got there. The night of the wedding the staff was very accommodating. We had a main person who checked in on us throughout the night and made sure we had everything we needed. The servers were fantastic and the venue gorgeous. Everyone there was helpful and works with you to create the idea you have. Would highly recommend this venue to anyone. They are (in my opinion) the only place in Lawrence that can comfortably fit in the number they say they can. There was plenty of room in between tables for guests to walk around and people weren't squished in.

Sent on 04/05/2014

Rebekah · Married on 01/18/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Maceli's. We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Maceli's in January and had an absolutely fantastic time. Maceli's made everything so easy and were very conscious of working within our budget. The staff (we worked primarily with Lara) were wonderful to work with. Lara was always able to answer my questions clearly and quickly and was very flexible with our changing needs. Having both the ceremony and reception at Maceli's worked wonderfully, especially since we had a lot of out-of-town guests at our evening, winter wedding. We had about 150 guests, but the front bistro room worked perfectly as a cocktail hour site while the main room was flipped from our ceremony setup to a reception with ample seating and a dance floor. Lara was great to work with the day of as well, helping us stick to our timeline while allowing us time to enjoy our reception. The site is beautiful and worked extremely well for our needs. In addition, Maceli's catering is fantastic. The food is delicious, plentiful, elegant, and well priced. I could not be happier with how Maceli's handled our wedding from start to finish.

Sent on 04/07/2014

Melissa · Married on 12/21/2013

Good service. Lara was very helpful and the food was delicious.

Sent on 01/05/2014