Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering Reviews

123 | Lawrence, KS

123 Reviews for Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering

• Ellen

Ellen M. · Getting married on 05/11/2022

Above and beyond the best caterer in north east Kansas

We used Maceli's Banquet Hall Catering in Lawrence Ks for our daughters wedding this November. We were blown away by how delicious the meal was and how professionally the staff handled all the details. They went above and beyond to make sure we were all taken care of and especially our daughters food allergy issues. The staff was very friendly as well. We would recommend them for all catering needs. The Marsh family

Sent on 12/05/2020

Gregg M. · Getting married on 05/02/2022

Father of the Bride

Our Feb. wedding was a beautiful, perfect night. the Maceli's dinner and service was top notch. I had nothing but comments about how delicious the food was.

Darcey S. · Getting married on 02/12/2022

The Perfect Wedding

The wedding plans were constantly changing and evolving based on pandemic protocols. We even had to postpone the original wedding by 7 months. Through all of this, Maceli's was there for us. They helped us plan a modified version of my son's dream wedding that more than made for the perfect day. Jesse and Steve went above and beyond to work with all of our vendors to create an absolutely beautiful and memorable experience.

Sent on 01/14/2021

Samantha C. · Married on 06/19/2021

Great experience!

Everything went so well with Maceli’s dinner service at our wedding. We used their catering service at the Cider Gallery. We got so many compliments about the food! The service was also great! My new husband and I were talking about how we didn't even notice the wait staff (in a good way!) and yet the tables were bussed promptly. It was all great and I would highly recommend this company to cater your wedding!

Sent on 06/22/2021
  • Rose and Brian

Rosemary · Married on 05/30/2021

Best Service, Best Food, Best Value

Maceli’s blew our minds with their quality of service and food. Jesse Rice and his team were all amazing and super responsive. They went above and beyond to be accommodating and made all of our wedding vision came true. All of our guests raved about how good the food tasted and how beautiful the venue was. We had beef barbacoa and airline chicken breast for food and lime margaritas for the signature cocktail which we highly recommend. Furthermore, they were able to adapt rapidly changing Covid protocols which speaks volumes. We will always recommend Maceli’s catering and venue to our friends and family!!!

Sent on 06/02/2021

Denise K. · Married on 05/22/2021

First Rate from Start to Finish

Maceli’s hosted both of my daughters’ wedding receptions and both times the level of service, quality of food and attention to detail were second to none. They handle hundreds of events every year, but they make you feel like yours is the most important. Jesse made sure every detail was taken care of and was on hand throughout the event making sure we were all having a good time and had everything we needed. He didn’t want me worrying about anything. The event space is beautiful and I love that Steve is constantly investing in it with updated decor, technology, etc. A truly professional group of folks who make you feel like family. Would highly recommend Maceli’s for any event.

Sent on 05/27/2021

Theresa W. · Married on 04/17/2021

Professional and accommodating

Planning a wedding during a pandemic is crazy, but Maceli’s was with us every step of the way. They were extremely accommodating with every change of plans, every crazy question, and every update in county regulations. In the end our reception was small and intimate, but they helped everything go as smoothly as possible.

Sent on 05/05/2021
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn S. · Married on 01/04/2021

What A Fantastic Venue

Jesse and his team were absolutely amazing and attentive. I would not have wanted my wedding at any other place, it was perfect. They're flexible, responsive, and overall willingness to help with anything made my husband and I's big day stressless. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 04/08/2021
  • Allie

Allie · Married on 11/21/2020

Perfection

Maceli’s is the perfect caterer for any event! They were so friendly and took care of everything! They came in and did their thing with minimal needs from me, which on my wedding days was exactly what I wanted. They were also super flexible and understanding with any changes we had to make because of COVID. 10/10, would highly recommend to anyone. Worth every penny.

• Tucker

Tucker B. · Married on 11/01/2020

The most incredible venue ever!

Maceli's is a one of a kind place. Our wedding planning started off as a race. My father was diagnosed with terminal cancer in mid November and we were given a 6-10 week timeline. My husband and I were always planning to get married but just hadn't set any plans yet. As my father was one of our biggest supporters, we knew we had to have this wedding immediately. We called Maceli's and found a canceled event on January 11. From day one, the entire Maceli's team was so helpful in working out details and day-of coordination. Jesse, our coordinator, was absolutely incredible. I can hands-down say that we could not have pulled off a more beautiful or perfect wedding without this incredible team. The entire staff treated absolutely everyone with the utmost respect and kept the entire night running smoothly. We are truly so greatful for such a wonderful experience and cannot wait to have another event at Maceil's!!

Emily F. · Married on 10/31/2020

Best caterer in the Lawrence area!

Maceli’s is amazing! We had a contract for our wedding with another catering company and they just stopped responding. Maceli’s stepped in and blew us away with their menu selection and full service. We got married at The Brownstone in Topeka and the food was served warm and perfect! We had a vegan dish, a chicken dish, and a beef dish. We heard so many complements from our guests, and our videographer was so excited when they heard Maceli’s was catering because they loved the food from other weddings. I worked primarily with Jesse and he was awesome. We also got our linen napkins from Maceli’s.

Sent on 01/25/2021

Cherri T. · Married on 07/13/2020

Extraordinary!

I can’t express enough how amazing the food was for my daughter’s wedding. My guests made numerous positive comments that this was the best food they’ve ever had at a reception and I agree. Jesse was amazing to work with, professional, and was quick to respond to every question I had in the planning process. He was so patient as we worked through choosing our appetizers for the cocktail hour and gave us the option for some kid meals for our younger guests that we knew wouldn’t eat an adult entry. It was definitely a hit. And I can’t forget the staff. They were helpful, very efficient, kind, and professional. Just an overall great experience with Maceli’s!

Sent on 05/11/2021

Robin · Married on 04/01/2020

Great experience

Maceli's was very professional and organized. They made the planning very easy! We really enjoyed working with Lara.

Sent on 01/13/2020
  • Shalaine

Shalaine S. · Married on 03/14/2020

Themed wedding

I had a themed wedding and they made my wedding day just so much easier and stress-free. The food was amazing the workers were amazing I will definitely be going back to them when we renew our vows

• Katelyn

Katelyn A. · Married on 11/02/2019

Incredible!

Maceli's went above and beyond during the entire planning process. Coordinators were just a phone call, text, or email away and they would answer any and all questions promptly. The entire team was flexible and willing to rearrange anything to help make our big day perfect. The staff at Maceli's is professional, everything was smooth and efficient. Lara especially, I could rave on and on about how amazing she is. The whole wedding party couldn't compliment our choice of venue enough. On the special day, they had coffee, tea, and water for everyone. I would recommend Maceli's for anyone's wedding.

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Julie

Julie D. · Married on 10/24/2019

Rehearsal dinner and wedding were perfect!

As the mother of the groom living in a different state, I initially had some anxiety about the rehearsal dinner. Lara calmed my fears and was professional and quick to respond to all of my emails and concerns. Lara arranged for me to set up and decorate early before the rehearsal at the church. Not only that, she let me borrow some cylinder vases as well as mini flower vases and card holders. This saved me a lot of money and time. The food and service were excellent and the rehearsal dinner went off seamlessly. I would highly recommend this venue for any event, especially a rehearsal dinner or wedding.

Sent on 11/05/2019

Stephanie · Married on 10/12/2019

Best Value and Service

Maceli's hands down was one of best value for quality of food and service in the industry! From the start Lara and her team were great with communication and helped make it easy to coordinate catering for our offsite wedding. The food was delicious and all of my guests just raved about the food! It is clear that Maceli's cares not only for their customers and their experience but also takes pride in their quality of food and service.

Sent on 10/18/2019

Joel S. · Married on 07/12/2019

Best in the business!

We have nothing but incredible things to say about the entire staff of Maceli's! Working with their coordinators in planning our wedding reception was an absolute breeze! The coordinators were extremely responsive and flexible in order to make sure everything we wanted to make our reception perfect happened! The staff was always kind, courteous, and professional! The day of the reception, we did not have to worry about a single thing. The staff ensured everything was in place and ready to go when we arrived, and kept the night going as smoothly as possible! Not to mention, the food was wonderful! We received SO many compliments about the food, staff, and reception venue! We cannot say enough kind words about the Maceli's staff!

Sent on 07/25/2019

Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering's reply:

We hope that you and Peyton and enjoying married life! Thank you for choosing Maceli's and being such a lovely couple to serve.
  • Stephen

Stephen R. · Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful May Wedding Reception

This place is amazing. They were so accommodating and were one of the cheapest options in Lawrence for the services they provide. Lara was our coordinator for the entire process and was well organized and on top of everything. We threw a lot of last minute changes at her and she took them all in stride and was quick to respond to us. We really liked how Macelis does it all. (So much that we even used them to cater our rehearsal dinner... their food is really good!) They have decor you can use, they provide alcohol, food and do an amazing job setting up for your event. We came in and set up our table decor ourselves but they were more than willing to set that up for us too. They also did an awesome job hanging our decor that needed to be hung. Jesse was our day of coordinator and made our special day so easy. Our bar was run without any issues, our food and desserts were served right on time and he made sure to come around multiple times to make sure there wasn’t anything he could do to make things easier on us so that we could relax and enjoy the evening.

Sent on 05/31/2019

Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Stephen, and choosing Maceli's as the home to your special day. It was because of you and Alex's vision and expectations that we were able to make your day remarkable. It was a pleasure to serve such a lovely couple - here's to a long happy future!
  • Mathias

Mathias W. · Married on 05/25/2019

Expectations far exceeded

This review will not adequately do justice to how awesome the Maceli's team was to work with. From the very early stages of simply exploring dates and menu options, all the way to the actual Wedding Day, and even beyond. We primarily worked with Lara Kamosa, Laura Wooding, and Jesse Rice. You would have thought that it was their own wedding that they were working on, based on how excellent they were. They exceeded our expectations on every dimension - responsiveness, flexibility, service, sheer effort, etc.
    Special kudos to them given the fact that our wedding was unique and complex to begin with, and then bad weather forced us to make a lot of changes in the last few days before the event. Through all of this, they adjusted as needed to make sure the day-of was excellent. They even gave us very valuable advice and asked smart questions about aspects of the wedding that weren't even related to catering.
    Final thing to mention, which shouldn't be overlooked, is that the food was delicious! We have heard nothing but positive feedback from our guests about that.
    We cannot recommend Maceli's enough. They are absolute pros, and will treat your event with the same level of care and importance that you do.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering's reply:

Thank you, Mathias. This experience was one we'll cherish and remember fondly. You and Kathleen were wonderful to work with and we wish you the best on a long happy life together!
  • afonseca97

Ariadna · Married on 04/26/2019

Outstanding and Complete Service

Maceli’s was the perfect venue for our wedding. We walked in clueless about where to start and they helped us organize the wedding of our dreams in just 5 months! The staff was supportive, incredible and knowledgeable. I had no doubts, stress or anxiety the day of the wedding at all! Everything was absolutely perfect. We couldn’t have been in better hands. 100% recommended.

Sent on 05/02/2019

Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering's reply:

We were more than happy to work with such a wonderful couple. We wish you and Cody all the best on your life adventures!
  • Cierra

Cierra · Married on 12/22/2018

Wedding Day 12-22-18

We booked our reception venue (Maceli’s) 14 months out from our wedding date. I had attended multiple events including weddings in which they catered, so I knew first hand the food would be delicious! In those 14 months prior, I was able to meet with Lara and Jesse on multiple occasions to discuss specifics. They were always great about letting me stop in and calm my anxiety over where things would be placed, flow of the day, etc. I had multiple curtain and floral installments to hang and they did that all without question, making my vision come to life.

The day before the wedding there was a need for a last minute appetizer change and they knocked it out of the park. We did Asian themed appetizers and Maceli’s had Asian decor and carry out boxes that looked just like something you’d see at a restaurant, all together it added such a special touch with all the details. People are still complimenting on it and the wedding was two months ago! With 250 guests we knew we’d better not “waste time” eating and instead mingle with our guests, so 15 minutes before our grand entrance we had planned to eat dinner in a little room, alone. It was so special to take a breath together as husband and wife, maybe one of my favorite parts of the day. Lara had our own romantic table for two set up with appetizers and our entree. She waited on us and made sure we were taken care of. The dinner itself was Italian-served family style. It was delicious and warm and even Italian guests in attendance were blown away with the taste.

Throughout the night Lara and staff continued to check in with us making us and our guests feel like such a priority.

The day after the wedding was 12-23 (a holiday weekend) and they allowed us to come by in the morning and pick up our decor items (which was 8 car loads). Due to unforeseen circumstances the time we had arranged, we were unable to make and ended up being 30-40 min late. No one at Maceli’s complained a bit, they were so flexible and for that we are thankful. Every bit of the process working with Maceli’s was smooth. I don’t believe there were any hiccups and if there were we didn’t know about them!

Sent on 02/08/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley H. · Married on 11/24/2018

Exceeded my expectations!!

I was absolutely thrilled with my experience with Maceli's! Planning was made virtually stress free, their staff was attentive, but not intrusive at the reception and EVERYONE was blown away by the food!! It absolutely made our wedding unforgettable! Thank you so much for all of the hard work Lara and the rest of the staff!!

Sent on 12/18/2018

Brian · Married on 07/12/2018

Maceli's quality was top-notch, and they were very easy to work with. We're still getting comments on how much our guests enjoyed the food and beverage service.

Sent on 07/19/2018

Megan · Married on 06/30/2018

Everyone I worked with in planning my wedding was amazing and made me feel special through the whole process! It was always easy to get in contact with my person and I could not be more greatful! Everything looked amazing and how I had pictured! We still have guests raving about the food, so I would say I definitely recommend Maceli’s!!!

Sent on 07/10/2018