Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering Reviews

109 | Lawrence, KS

109 Reviews for Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering

Robin Z · Married on 04/01/2020

Great experience

Maceli's was very professional and organized. They made the planning very easy! We really enjoyed working with Lara.

Sent on 01/13/2020
  • Katelyn

Katelyn Affalter · Married on 11/02/2019

Incredible!

Maceli's went above and beyond during the entire planning process. Coordinators were just a phone call, text, or email away and they would answer any and all questions promptly. The entire team was flexible and willing to rearrange anything to help make our big day perfect. The staff at Maceli's is professional, everything was smooth and efficient. Lara especially, I could rave on and on about how amazing she is. The whole wedding party couldn't compliment our choice of venue enough. On the special day, they had coffee, tea, and water for everyone. I would recommend Maceli's for anyone's wedding.

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Julie

Julie Dechow Johnson · Married on 10/24/2019

Rehearsal dinner and wedding were perfect!

As the mother of the groom living in a different state, I initially had some anxiety about the rehearsal dinner. Lara calmed my fears and was professional and quick to respond to all of my emails and concerns. Lara arranged for me to set up and decorate early before the rehearsal at the church. Not only that, she let me borrow some cylinder vases as well as mini flower vases and card holders. This saved me a lot of money and time. The food and service were excellent and the rehearsal dinner went off seamlessly. I would highly recommend this venue for any event, especially a rehearsal dinner or wedding.

Sent on 11/05/2019

Stephanie · Married on 10/12/2019

Best Value and Service

Maceli's hands down was one of best value for quality of food and service in the industry! From the start Lara and her team were great with communication and helped make it easy to coordinate catering for our offsite wedding. The food was delicious and all of my guests just raved about the food! It is clear that Maceli's cares not only for their customers and their experience but also takes pride in their quality of food and service.

Sent on 10/18/2019

Joel Spain · Married on 07/12/2019

Best in the business!

We have nothing but incredible things to say about the entire staff of Maceli's! Working with their coordinators in planning our wedding reception was an absolute breeze! The coordinators were extremely responsive and flexible in order to make sure everything we wanted to make our reception perfect happened! The staff was always kind, courteous, and professional! The day of the reception, we did not have to worry about a single thing. The staff ensured everything was in place and ready to go when we arrived, and kept the night going as smoothly as possible! Not to mention, the food was wonderful! We received SO many compliments about the food, staff, and reception venue! We cannot say enough kind words about the Maceli's staff!

Sent on 07/25/2019

Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering's reply:

We hope that you and Peyton and enjoying married life! Thank you for choosing Maceli's and being such a lovely couple to serve.
  • Stephen

Stephen Rector · Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful May Wedding Reception

This place is amazing. They were so accommodating and were one of the cheapest options in Lawrence for the services they provide. Lara was our coordinator for the entire process and was well organized and on top of everything. We threw a lot of last minute changes at her and she took them all in stride and was quick to respond to us. We really liked how Macelis does it all. (So much that we even used them to cater our rehearsal dinner... their food is really good!) They have decor you can use, they provide alcohol, food and do an amazing job setting up for your event. We came in and set up our table decor ourselves but they were more than willing to set that up for us too. They also did an awesome job hanging our decor that needed to be hung. Jesse was our day of coordinator and made our special day so easy. Our bar was run without any issues, our food and desserts were served right on time and he made sure to come around multiple times to make sure there wasn’t anything he could do to make things easier on us so that we could relax and enjoy the evening.

Sent on 05/31/2019

Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Stephen, and choosing Maceli's as the home to your special day. It was because of you and Alex's vision and expectations that we were able to make your day remarkable. It was a pleasure to serve such a lovely couple - here's to a long happy future!
  • Mathias

Mathias Weiden · Married on 05/25/2019

Expectations far exceeded

This review will not adequately do justice to how awesome the Maceli's team was to work with. From the very early stages of simply exploring dates and menu options, all the way to the actual Wedding Day, and even beyond. We primarily worked with Lara Kamosa, Laura Wooding, and Jesse Rice. You would have thought that it was their own wedding that they were working on, based on how excellent they were. They exceeded our expectations on every dimension - responsiveness, flexibility, service, sheer effort, etc.
    Special kudos to them given the fact that our wedding was unique and complex to begin with, and then bad weather forced us to make a lot of changes in the last few days before the event. Through all of this, they adjusted as needed to make sure the day-of was excellent. They even gave us very valuable advice and asked smart questions about aspects of the wedding that weren't even related to catering.
    Final thing to mention, which shouldn't be overlooked, is that the food was delicious! We have heard nothing but positive feedback from our guests about that.
    We cannot recommend Maceli's enough. They are absolute pros, and will treat your event with the same level of care and importance that you do.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering's reply:

Thank you, Mathias. This experience was one we'll cherish and remember fondly. You and Kathleen were wonderful to work with and we wish you the best on a long happy life together!
  • afonseca97

Ariadna · Married on 04/26/2019

Outstanding and Complete Service

Maceli’s was the perfect venue for our wedding. We walked in clueless about where to start and they helped us organize the wedding of our dreams in just 5 months! The staff was supportive, incredible and knowledgeable. I had no doubts, stress or anxiety the day of the wedding at all! Everything was absolutely perfect. We couldn’t have been in better hands. 100% recommended.

Sent on 05/02/2019

Maceli's Banquet Hall & Catering's reply:

We were more than happy to work with such a wonderful couple. We wish you and Cody all the best on your life adventures!
  • Cierra

Cierra · Married on 12/22/2018

Wedding Day 12-22-18

We booked our reception venue (Maceli’s) 14 months out from our wedding date. I had attended multiple events including weddings in which they catered, so I knew first hand the food would be delicious! In those 14 months prior, I was able to meet with Lara and Jesse on multiple occasions to discuss specifics. They were always great about letting me stop in and calm my anxiety over where things would be placed, flow of the day, etc. I had multiple curtain and floral installments to hang and they did that all without question, making my vision come to life.

The day before the wedding there was a need for a last minute appetizer change and they knocked it out of the park. We did Asian themed appetizers and Maceli’s had Asian decor and carry out boxes that looked just like something you’d see at a restaurant, all together it added such a special touch with all the details. People are still complimenting on it and the wedding was two months ago! With 250 guests we knew we’d better not “waste time” eating and instead mingle with our guests, so 15 minutes before our grand entrance we had planned to eat dinner in a little room, alone. It was so special to take a breath together as husband and wife, maybe one of my favorite parts of the day. Lara had our own romantic table for two set up with appetizers and our entree. She waited on us and made sure we were taken care of. The dinner itself was Italian-served family style. It was delicious and warm and even Italian guests in attendance were blown away with the taste.

Throughout the night Lara and staff continued to check in with us making us and our guests feel like such a priority.

The day after the wedding was 12-23 (a holiday weekend) and they allowed us to come by in the morning and pick up our decor items (which was 8 car loads). Due to unforeseen circumstances the time we had arranged, we were unable to make and ended up being 30-40 min late. No one at Maceli’s complained a bit, they were so flexible and for that we are thankful. Every bit of the process working with Maceli’s was smooth. I don’t believe there were any hiccups and if there were we didn’t know about them!

Sent on 02/08/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Huerter · Married on 11/24/2018

Exceeded my expectations!!

I was absolutely thrilled with my experience with Maceli's! Planning was made virtually stress free, their staff was attentive, but not intrusive at the reception and EVERYONE was blown away by the food!! It absolutely made our wedding unforgettable! Thank you so much for all of the hard work Lara and the rest of the staff!!

Sent on 12/18/2018

Brian · Married on 07/12/2018

Maceli's quality was top-notch, and they were very easy to work with. We're still getting comments on how much our guests enjoyed the food and beverage service.

Sent on 07/19/2018

Megan · Married on 06/30/2018

Everyone I worked with in planning my wedding was amazing and made me feel special through the whole process! It was always easy to get in contact with my person and I could not be more greatful! Everything looked amazing and how I had pictured! We still have guests raving about the food, so I would say I definitely recommend Maceli’s!!!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Nicole · Married on 06/16/2018

BEST VENUE EVER! And Lara Komosa is the best coordinator ever! They take care of everything, and I mean EVERYTHING! Communicating with other vendors, coordinating when they could come in, set-up, clean-up, picking up everything that is left there, down to washing our personalized dishes we brought in and packaging everything back up so we could pick it up the next day. I had so many ideas and they turned my dreams into reality! If I wasn't sure about something, Lara was always there with advice that proved to be highly successful! She was on top of everything and even helped with some last minute changes that came up on the fly! While the food and alcohol is on the slightly higher priced end, the food was PHENOMENAL and worth every penny!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/09/2018

We worked with Lara throughout our wedding process at Maceli's and she was amazing! She was willing and ready to answer any questions we had, even though we had a lot as it got closer to the big day. She worked with us to come up with a detailed schedule for the night and was with us every step of the process. The venue at Maceli's is great for if you have a larger family. There is enough space to hold 300, but we only had 160 and it was very comfortable and well spaced out. There is a bistro room where you can have the bar separate from the main area. This gave guests a nice quiet place to escape to during the reception. The staff at Maceli's were very helpful and kept the place looking good all night. The food that Maceli's makes is INCREDIBLE. Everything was so delicious and we got so many compliments. They are also able to accommodate for vegan/vegetarian entrees if you need them. We thought the alcohol pricing here was very reasonable compared to what we saw when looking for venues. The price to rent this venue is also VERY reasonable compared to others. I would highly recommend using Maceli's! We got so many compliments all night and continue to get them about how nice our venue and the food was! So pleased we made this choice.

Sent on 08/14/2018

Janet · Married on 05/26/2018

I loved working with Jesse and everyone at Maceli's. They were so awesome, from start to finish. I loved that they invited me to a meal tasting and that the tasting had vegetarian fare. Then, throughout the process they were so professional and so much fun to work with! Just prior to my event, they contacted all of the rest of my vendor -- I didn't expect that -- which took that burden off my shoulders during my wedding week. Then, day-of: the food was absolutely fabulous -- even my brother in law who hates everything thought it was great. But, also they accommodated both my vegan and Celiac friends. Truly, I am just over the moon with how great they treated me. Thank you so much!

Sent on 06/07/2018
  • Y

Yulissa · Married on 05/25/2018

We had an amazing experience with Maceli's. They were so helpful and always willing to meet us when we had questions or just when I needed to check in to calm down. The food was delicious, all of our guests complemented the food (Majority of them work in the food industry). But overall they we always helpful and was great to work with. Would do it all over again!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Alejandra · Married on 05/18/2018

We worked with Lara at Maceli's where we held our wedding reception for about 100 people and we also used their Bistro for the rehearsal dinner. We have been beyond impressed with the service. Lara is so kind, patient, very professional, and easy to work with. Everything went great! They have a nice bridal room to get ready in, beautiful lighting, are super timely, and the food is delicious!

Sent on 06/02/2018

Laura · Married on 10/22/2017

We had a wonderful experience with Maceli's Catering for our wedding. We went with the pasta bar option, and it was absolutely delicious. We also received several compliments from our guests about the food. The catering service was very timely and the staff was very professional. We couldn't have asked for better service! Thank you! -John and Laura

Sent on 11/01/2017

Janet · Married on 10/07/2017

Our daughter was just married on October, 7, 2017, and we had a lot of out of town guests. Lara Komosa, Associate Director, Sales & Marketing worked with us and we had the best, seamless experience. She was very flexible. Steve was very nice and helped prepare the venue for the wedding. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Everyone enjoyed the food, wedding coordinator, etc... I would highly recommend Maceli's for any of your events.

Sent on 10/10/2017

Janet · Married on 10/01/2017

Our event was wonderful and made all the much better because of Maceli's and the staff. The attention to detail is outstanding and starts with the owner and is apparent in every staff member - event planners, kitchen staff, servers, bartenders, and cleanup/setup. I really enjoyed our wedding because I knew I didn't have to worry about the details. Maceli's had it covered. Professionalism. Classy. First-class service. I truly recommend Maceli's to anyone for any event type.

Sent on 10/03/2017

McKenzy · Married on 07/22/2017

Just had my beautiful wedding here this past Saturday, and it couldnt have been any better. Lara was such a mindful, helpful, and attentive event planner. She was super sweet, and always answered any questions I had in a timely manner. Jessica was also wonderful as my day of event coordinator, and made sure everything ran smoothly. If you're looking for an affordable and gorgeous venue, then Maceli's is the place you want. Thank you so much to all of the staff at Maceli's! ❤

Sent on 07/24/2017

Kelsey · Married on 07/15/2017

Maceli's may seem pricey, but you practically get a wedding planner too - Kasey and Lara are both amazing. We were thrilled to have such a beautiful but simple venue for our reception and it was also within walking distance of our ceremony venue. The food was great and they allowed us to really show our own personality with the choices we made. We got to do really unique food/heavy appetizer stations. It wasn't too formal or uppity and fit without us and our guests perfectly.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/01/2017

Maceli's was amazing with my wedding. Lara was so helpful and very responsive to all of my questions! She really helped make the experience calm and smooth. The food was delicious and everything went perfectly according to plan! It was truly a night to remember.

Sent on 08/14/2017

Cort · Married on 06/24/2017

I had my wedding reception at Maceli's and it was beautiful and the planning was flawless. I worked with Lara who took care of all the little details so I could just show up and enjoy our reception. The food was great, the hall was elegant it's definitely worth it!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Christa · Married on 06/17/2017

We held our daughter's wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner/dance in Maceli's beautiful venue. The food was delicious and the rooms were perfect for our needs. Lara was amazing and very flexible as she helped us work through the planning period and offered us a variety of choices. She was a delight to work with and was incredible as she helped to make our vision come true. I can't say enough about how wonderful it was that she had everything under control so we could enjoy that magical day! Thank you!

Sent on 07/12/2017