Ma Maison Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Sam H. Getting married on 10/02/2021

We Recommend

Speaking as the groom Ma Maison checked all the boxes I was looking for. We loved the groom suite and the garden games they had available for us. My wife loved working with the venue and thought the owner Karen was very kind and flexible...happy wife happy life!
    Loren P. Getting married on 10/02/2021

We love it!

We are so happy that we chose Ma Masion to get married. It is a very beatify venue with a great team. Everyone we interacted with were helpful and kind. The venue its self is spacious with amazing areas to take photos. Having a chapel onsite was a major plus for my husband and I. We would recommend couples to check out Ma Maison.
  • Amber
    Amber M. Married on 08/07/2021

Our elopement was perfect!

The moment we saw the gorgeous Green Cathedral we knew this is where we wanted to be married! Our small intimate elopement was everything we pictured it would be thanks to Ma Maison! After working with their approved vendors we could see why they were so highly recommended! The food was a hit with our guests, the flowers were absolutely stunning and our photographer took such beautiful pictures!
  • Morgan
    Morgan Married on 07/17/2021

Dream Venue!

Ma Maison is a dream! My fiancé and I are getting married there in July, and we could not be more excited. We were searching everywhere for a venue that had an indoor ceremony option, and Ma Maison has the perfect chapel site! The venue is simply stunning. The Ma Maison team has been so helpful through everything! Anytime I have a question, they are quick to respond and very kind. From the chapel, to the bell tower, to the beautiful ballroom, Ma Maison creates a perfect backdrop for a stunning wedding.
    Amanda W. Married on 06/12/2021

Most beautiful wedding venue!

We are getting married in June and could not have had a better experience working with Karen and the Ma Maison team. Both my soon-to-be husband and I grew up in Austin and we instantly knew we had to have our wedding in Dripping Springs. Ma Maison is absolutely perfect for the beautiful Austin hill country wedding you are looking for. The French-inspired architecture and decor are fabulous! We both really wanted to get married in a church, but didn’t want to sacrifice budget in transportation and booking 2 venues. When we saw that Ma Maison was building a chapel, we knew we had found the perfect place to get married. Karen and the team are great at reminders and making sure all the details for the day-of are in place. They have been super helpful and accommodating with planning our wedding. 100% recommend getting married at the beautiful Ma Maison!
  • Brenna
    Brenna W. Married on 06/11/2021

Such a dreamy venue!

I couldn’t have imagined our big day anywhere else! Ma Maison is charming and elegant— absolutely perfect for any wedding. The team at Ma Maison was more than helpful in allowing us to bring our vision to life. From the moment we toured this venue, we knew it was the one! We would highly recommend to any couple searching for venues!!
    Jacob E. Married on 06/07/2021

Dream Wedding!

Wow! Ma Maison was the perfect wedding venue! The entire staff was very professional, yet friendly and flexible at the same time! They were very organized and on top of the ball. This venue is a great deal for anyone wanting a lot of space with lots of privacy as well!

Ma Maison's reply:

Thank you Jacob! Please keep in touch!

What an amazing day your wedding day was..... we wish you love, laughter, and a lifetime of happiness!

xox
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin T. Married on 02/12/2021

Amazing!!!

Beautiful!!! Ma Maison thinks of EVERYTHING. Beautiful outdoor spaces. Beautiful brand new indoor chapel as a rain plan or summer or winter ceremony site. Options for your ceremony, cocktail hour, & reception. They are all beautiful. They have all the decor, table numbers, heaters, etc you could possibly want in their rental closet. They were the easiest venue to communicate with as well. Bridal room is gorgeous - and it as well as the grooms suite are attached to the Great Hall- which was so convenient. We knew we and our guests would be well taken care of, even during Covid, and we were. Great experience with our caterer from their preferred list (Soho). We fell in love with Ma Maison when we saw it. Thank you guys for an amazing wedding we won’t forget.
  • Stephen
    Stephen L. Married on 02/11/2021

Superb venue...beautiful!!

Ma Maison is absolutely gorgeous!! We hosted 80 people there in mid-November for full outdoor ceremony, cocktail hour, and sit-down dinner. The venue is amazing with several ceremony spaces to choose from (We chose the grove at sunset). High ceilings, lots of indoor space and outdoor space. Everyone commented how beautiful everything was and that they were so glad they attended. 1st class all the way at Ma Maison!!
    Katherine Married on 01/30/2021

Amazing Venue!

My fiancé and I recently got married at Ma Maison and we could not have been happier with our decision! The venue is absolutely gorgeous, and we loved all the options for each part of your day. We got married in the Chapel, took most of our pictures at the Green Cathedral, and had our reception in the Great Hall. We really appreciated that Ma Maison only schedules one event per day so we had the entire place to ourselves! They also give you the BEST preferred vendor list which was extremely helpful so I didn’t have to start from scratch searching for vendors. Karen is a wedding extraordinaire, and made us feel comfortable and at home right away! 10/10 recommend Ma Maison for your wedding day!
  • Victoria
    Victoria E. Married on 01/17/2021

Gorgeous Venue

The venue and team is amazing! Karen was so helpful with tips when we first started planning and they responded quickly to all of our questions. The grounds are beautiful and they have so many ceremony sites to choose from. We got married in the new chapel, which was stunning but any of the areas would have been beautiful. My Fiancé loved the groom's room and the bridal suite was huge with tons of space to get ready and so beautiful. With the pandemic happening still, they were so professional and sent out any information needed very quickly, as well as responded and assuaged any concerns we had. People have asked about ideas for places to get married and I immediately respond with Ma Maison. From the moment I laid eyes on Ma Maison, I couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else. The perfect place, I just wish I had my photos back so I could post them here!
    Jennifer Married on 10/17/2020

Stunning venue

We are so happy we chose Ma Maison as our wedding venue! The entire venue is so thoughtfully designed, as it was specifically designed for weddings. The whole property is gorgeous, from the stunning great hall that literally had us gasping out loud when we walked in for the first time to the beautiful grove of live oak trees with breathtaking Texas Hill Country views (...to the lakeside view...to the unique French gazebo...the list really goes on!), but what really clinched the deal for us was the charming covered trellis that could serve as a plan B ceremony site in case of rain. The venue has only continued to improve since we first booked, as they now have a new chapel that can serve as an indoor plan B, or even plan A! And now in the time of COVID, having the trellis available as an outdoor reception area without having to worry about weather or renting an expensive tent to help keep guests safer was such a blessing. We loved getting married at Ma Maison and definitely recommend the venue wholeheartedly!

Ma Maison's reply:

Thank you, sweet Jennifer! We loved being such an important part of your wedding and your future!
  • Deb
    Deb C. Married on 08/22/2020

Ma Maison is the PERFECT wedding venue!

We could not have been happier with our choice for our daughter's wedding at Ma Maison. You can tell that every detail has been thought out to make a wedding as beautiful and smooth as possible, taking into account not only the bride and groom, but also the family, guests and vendors. When you make the vendors comfortable, then they are happier and do a better job. There is no stress about a rain plan, since they have so many wedding locations on site. We had a Covid wedding and they handled all the protocols like pros. Everyone felt very comfortable and relaxed. Not only that, but the photos so far have been unbelievable using the many areas of interest Ma Maison has to offer. We also appreciated their recommendations for vendors. Highly recommend!

Ma Maison's reply:

Thank you Deb! We loved hosting your daughter's wedding! Please keep in touch We loved Claire photos! They are amazing!

• Kasey
    Kasey M. Married on 07/25/2020

The Wedding Venue of our Dreams!

There aren't enough good things I can say about Karen and the entire Ma Maison team. My husband and I decided we wanted to get married out in the Hill Country and toured a few venues out in the area. We couldn't find a single thing that we didn't like about Ma Maison.... between the different spots on the gorgeous property for photos to the built-in rain plan on the Trellis area to the beautiful Great Hall and bridal suite, we knew we wanted to have our wedding there.

Unfortunately, we had to postpone our wedding a few months because of COVID and Ma Maison couldn't have been easier to work with through the entire process. Karen and her team were responsive whenever we reached out and were absolutely amazing leading up to and on the day of our wedding. They made us feel like family by the time the wedding happened!

Our wedding day was perfect in every way and our guests couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the venue was. I would recommend Ma Maison a million times over to any bride!

Ma Maison's reply:

Thank you sweet Kasey! What amazing photos! Please keep in touch!

xoxox
  • Rose
    Rose U. Married on 07/04/2020

Dream Wedding

Karen and Melanie at Ma Maison work to ensure that your wedding will be the wedding of your dreams. During this pandemic, planning a wedding has been incredibly difficult. Ma Maison, however, offers so much flexibility with its size, beautiful grounds and amenities. At our wedding, guests were able to socially distance easily inside and outside. The outdoor ceremony site we chose was beautiful with a view of the lake. We had lawn games set up during cocktail hour. The tables in the Great Hall were spaced out well. And once the sun set, the guests thoroughly enjoyed walking the property and dancing on the trellis. Karen and Melanie helped us work through all the changes going on with such positive attitudes. Weddings are personal to them and they want every bride and groom to feel special and loved. So many people commented on how beautiful everything was. We would recommend Ma Maison to everyone.

Ma Maison's reply:

Thank you Rose! We love being a part of the Usry family on your daughter's BIG and beautiful day!
    Danielle Married on 01/18/2020

Unique Venue in a Sea of Venues!

Ma Maison was outstanding on my wedding day. The owner, Karen, along with all of her employees I interacted with were there to make my day easier, more special, and just all around better. The venue itself is ridiculously beautiful. Somewhat of a vineyard/winery feel with all the wedding magic thought of in advance. Lets be honest... Dripping Springs is not lacking when it comes to wedding venues. Ma Maison was one of the only ones that struck me as unique; and none of the others I visited seemed to be as well thought out. One of the most notable differences is the layout. Other venues felt incredibly cramped after viewing the large, sweeping grounds of Ma Maison. I also loved that it was not visible from the street; being tucked back away from passer-bys gave it a much more intimate feel. There are multiple areas to get married inside, outside, or even on a terrace if that suits your fancy! All of these areas are open for your guests to roam about, which is something I appreciated during cocktail hour. Ringing the bell in the bell tower was one of my favorite parts of our ceremony, and I LOVED sneaking into the reception through the tower! My guests were so surprised!

It should also be said that during the planning process Ma Maison was always available to answer any questions I had. Karen even caught some of the rainwater on my wedding day and gave it to me in a decorated jar! That is the kind of care you're getting at Ma Maison. Top notch!

The only area I think they could improve on was the lack of WiFi. I didn't think this would matter to us because I didn't plan to be surfing the web or anything, however, we spent a good amount of time trying to get our hotspots to work to entertain the flower girl all day and to play our music! Could be easily avoided by making a playlist in advance and being more creative with entertainment for the FG. I'd just do this way in advance though because I just don't know when I would have done any of that right before the wedding!

I HIGHLY recommend this venue. Actually I spoke so highly about it at work that one of my coworkers has already signed his contract with Ma Maison!

Ma Maison's reply:

You are simply the BEST! Please keep in touch!

• Madison
    Madison R. Married on 12/07/2019

Versatile and Unique Venue

We chose Ma Maison because of the versatility of the space - there are never-ending options! Each and every area of the property is unique and both picturesque and simple enough at the same time that there is plenty of room to make the space your own. With three different ceremony location options, we opted for the Green Cathedral, which is the most unique backdrop for a ceremony! This is what drew me to the venue in the first place. We used the Trellis for our cocktail hour which also doubles as a covered option should anyone need a back up plan due to weather. I kept saying I would not even be mad if it rained because the space was so gorgeous. We then used the Great Hall for the reception which is the absolute perfect amount of space we needed! It includes an upstairs loft space where we ended up setting three extra tables and put our wedding party upstairs! it was perfect as we had a pretty big guest list. We set up our first tour very last minute, but they were so kind and helpful and were able to squeeze us in. Michelle took every last minute to walk us through all details, answer all questions and really sell the place. All of their promises were beyond met for us as they were on top of the process every step of the way. Each and ever inch of the venue is beautiful and I could not say enough great things about all of the staff we encountered. If I could do it all over again I would still pick Ma Maison!

Ma Maison's reply:

Sweet Maddie! Please keep in touch!

• KJ Brown
    Kj Brown Married on 11/03/2019

The best of the best

The best wedding venue, the best staff, professionalism and competence throughout. I visited this venue first, and to entertain the idea saw ten more after it and just knew the first visit I wanted to be there on my wedding day. I love everything about this venue, the bridal room is exquisite... the grooms room is a little small but honestly all the guys were walking around the entire venue day of so they weren’t confined by any means. Karen was very responsive and helpful in all my questions and if you just pay attention to your contract and what you are signing you will and will not do, things couldn’t be easier for you. I recommend highly. It doesn’t get any better

Ma Maison's reply:

Thank you! BESY DAY EVER!! Please keep in touch!

• Hailey
    Hailey D. Married on 09/14/2019

Ma Maison Wedding Venue

Ma Maison's grounds are absolutely stunning!! The only location we looked at that offered so many ceremony location selections and had a rain/contingency plan already in place for couples!! We definitely enjoyed the French elegance in the Texas Hill Country at Ma Maison and heard from our guests how much they loved our venue selection. We identified early on that photography was the most important aspect of our wedding together, but what we didn't realize was how many different photo opportunities Ma Maison offered us. We were blessed to have the opportunity of having out wedding at Ma Maison!
  • Latha
    Latha E. Married on 05/31/2019

Absolutely Stunning!!!!

We live in Austin and we both agreed on getting married in Austin. Few of our friends recommended that we check out few venues in Dripping Springs. We didn't want to get married in dripping springs because of the distance, it is a hike to get there from where we are. We hesitantly decided to go see few venues in dripping springs - we looked at few and nothing was speaking to us. We were about to give up and Ma Maison was last one on the list. We were walking down aisle to check out green cathedral at Ma Maison and i remember saying "This is it, this is where i want to get married". Venue is so peaceful and elegant, Karen did an amazing job with this venue - i felt like i stepped into another world and didn't want to leave.

After lot of deliberation, we booked with the venue, from then on Karen was very helpful in vendor referrals and was very quick to respond to my emails if i had any questions.

For unfortunate reasons my parents couldn't make it to the wedding. During the final planning meeting, Karen took on a mom role and was talking me through proper etiquette and was giving me suggestions on how to arrange things so the wedding flows perfectly. She is a very loving and caring person. I am glad to have met her :)

Thanks so much Karen for all that you did and for building something so beautiful
  • Nicole
    Nicole R. Married on 05/11/2019

Ma Maison to make your wedding dreams a reality!

Karen at Ma Maison had the most amazing vision when she created this perfect spot! When you book this venue, you have access to the entire property - and it is SO HARD to pick one spot to get married in because everything is so beautiful. This venue was created with love and is so stunning that you really did not need much more detail to make this a no brainer when coming onsite. Karen provided us with a top list of vendors she had worked with which helped us make decisions of companies with great recommendations. Also, they havee an anniversary every year which is like a vendor showcase. They show you what is possible with the vendors and is truly a magical day, free of charge!!! We viewed several venues and as soon as we walked in to Ma Maison, we knew we found our favorite! Thank you for hosting the most magical night of our lives!
  • Susan
    Susan C. Married on 05/03/2019

Magically perfect!

From the first time we toured Ma Maison till the last box was loaded in my car, I couldn't have asked for more. Karen runs the perfect venue for a wedding. There are multiple areas for the ceremony, a covered patio for cocktail hour and a spacious reception hall. The rental fee includes chairs, tables and many other things needed for a wedding. They also have an extensive rental book with anything you might want for your ceremony/reception. Most of the vendors we booked had previously worked with Ma Maison and had nothing but great things to say about them. The weather didn't cooperate with my daughter's plan for an outdoor wedding but her ceremony was even more magical and special on the patio. I don't know what else I can say about the perfect location for a wedding. Guests were so impressed with the venue and attention to detail. I could not have asked for anything more!

Ma Maison's reply:

Thank you for your sweet and kind words We loved playing such a small part in Emily's big day!
  • William
    William C. Married on 04/19/2019

The most outstanding wedding venue....period!!

Getting married at Ma Maison was a truly magical experience for my wife and I!

We looked at several venues in the hill country and immediately stopped when we got to Ma Maison. Our first impression was that the grounds were truly immaculate and Karen Moise was immediately welcoming to us. She was absolutely outstanding in our first meeting and that carried through all the way to the wedding day and beyond!

We ultimately chose Ma Maison because we wanted the ceremony to be in front of the Green Cathedral and the reception hall felt so large and spacious. Another thing that stood out in comparison to other venues was the rain contingency plan. We were both very confident that even if the weather did not pan out- being in April, after all- that the ceremony would be beautiful indoors. (We were very fortunate in that our weather was absolutely perfect in this case!)

The bridal suite is spacious, the room for the grooms is excellent- everything about the venue is totally ideal.

And on top of everything else, Karen's service and commitment to excellence sets this venue apart from the rest.

We looked at many venues are we're so grateful that we made the right decision with Ma Maison. I cannot recommend this venue enough!

Ma Maison's reply:

Thank you Bill & Kim for your sweet and kind words We loved playing such a small part in your big day!
  • Sarah
    Sarah B. Married on 04/07/2019

Ma Maison made my rainy wedding day!!

We could not have been happier with Ma Maison. We got married about 2 weeks ago. Our ceremony was supposed to be outside at the Oak Grove, but severe storms all weekend had us utilize our rain plan in the terrace. While I was initially sad that we wouldn’t say “I do” under those beautiful oak trees we had a beautiful ceremony under the Trellis. The rain hitting the roof added perfectly to the ceremony and like magic stopped for the evening when we got to our vows.

Cut back to about 10 months ago when we were looking at venues. We drove into Ma Maison and were immediately in awe of the green cathedral and then beautiful tuscan style architecture of the main building in the background. As we walked around the space we were shown a beautiful bridal suite, which has plenty of space to get ready, the grooms suite, with a door out to the side yard where there’s corn hole, horseshoes, and other yard games for them to play while they wait, plenty of bathrooms for you and your guests, the great hall with a nice lofted area, and of course all their beautiful ceremony sites. We picked the Oak Grove as our site, because I was in love with the look of the giant oak trees behind the altar, with our rain plan in the Trellis area, which I already mentioned that we used. The thing that sold me on Ma Maison was their bell tower. There’s a bell in there that you actually get to ring, which of course we did after our ceremony!

Ma Maison offers a good selection of their own rentals. We ended up renting some big, old farm tables for our head table as well as some other small decor like a chandelier for the ceremony and some LED candles for decoration. The rentals are a super reasonable price and nice that you don’t have to coordinate rental pick up and drop off with another vendor.

About a month out we got to do our final walk-through of the venue and go over final details. Here we talked about our rain plan and the general timeline of the events the day of our wedding. We were introduced to two sweet ideas that give the newly married couple a moment to enjoy the wedding. The first was a private dinner before you go out and get introduced to your guests. This takes place in the bridal sweet and 10/10 would recommend this. It was so nice to be able to enjoy this moment with my new husband, and actually get to eat the food you pay for :). The second was a final last dance. This happens when you announce that the couple is getting ready for their departure. While people are organizing outside you and your new spouse get to have a final private dance in the empty great hall. It’s a really cool photo-op and an even better quite, intimate moment that you two get to share.

On the day of our wedding it was raining. I walked into our bridal suite and immediately broke into tears when I saw a small jar of rain water with a note on it. Ma Maison had collected rain water that morning and jarred it for us to keep use on our future child at their christening. It made the start of my wedding so so magical and sweet.

The team at Ma Maison truly think abut everything!!

Ma Maison's reply:

Thank you for your sweet and kind words We loved playing such a small part in your big day!