Ma Maison Reviews

Ma Maison 7
  • Susan

Susan Colmore · Married on 05/03/2019

Magically perfect!

From the first time we toured Ma Maison till the last box was loaded in my car, I couldn't have asked for more. Karen runs the perfect venue for a wedding. There are multiple areas for the ceremony, a covered patio for cocktail hour and a spacious reception hall. The rental fee includes chairs, tables and many other things needed for a wedding. They also have an extensive rental book with anything you might want for your ceremony/reception. Most of the vendors we booked had previously worked with Ma Maison and had nothing but great things to say about them. The weather didn't cooperate with my daughter's plan for an outdoor wedding but her ceremony was even more magical and special on the patio. I don't know what else I can say about the perfect location for a wedding. Guests were so impressed with the venue and attention to detail. I could not have asked for anything more!

Sent on 05/17/2019
    Ma Maison 13
    Ma Maison 14
    Ma Maison 15
    Ma Maison 16

Ma Maison's reply:

Thank you for your sweet and kind words We loved playing such a small part in Emily's big day!
  • William

William Cooke · Married on 04/19/2019

The most outstanding wedding venue....period!!

Getting married at Ma Maison was a truly magical experience for my wife and I!

We looked at several venues in the hill country and immediately stopped when we got to Ma Maison. Our first impression was that the grounds were truly immaculate and Karen Moise was immediately welcoming to us. She was absolutely outstanding in our first meeting and that carried through all the way to the wedding day and beyond!

We ultimately chose Ma Maison because we wanted the ceremony to be in front of the Green Cathedral and the reception hall felt so large and spacious. Another thing that stood out in comparison to other venues was the rain contingency plan. We were both very confident that even if the weather did not pan out- being in April, after all- that the ceremony would be beautiful indoors. (We were very fortunate in that our weather was absolutely perfect in this case!)

The bridal suite is spacious, the room for the grooms is excellent- everything about the venue is totally ideal.

And on top of everything else, Karen's service and commitment to excellence sets this venue apart from the rest.

We looked at many venues are we're so grateful that we made the right decision with Ma Maison. I cannot recommend this venue enough!

Sent on 05/18/2019

Ma Maison's reply:

Thank you Bill & Kim for your sweet and kind words We loved playing such a small part in your big day!

Jennifer · Married on 04/06/2019

Beautiful Spring Ceremony (despite the rain!)

Once we told our family and friends we were getting married in Dripping Springs, those that were familiar with the location asked which venue - noting it had become the wedding capital of Texas. We're here to spread the word that Ma Maison is THE capital within the capital. You have three outdoor ceremony options and two indoor options - the possibilities are truly endless and the best of all is that you won't have to share it with any other couples on your wedding day!

It rained the entire day of our wedding but we reminded each other this is exactly why we chose Ma Maison. We had an intimate ceremony under the trellis. Low and behold, the skies cleared for cocktail hour and we were able to take advantage of the wildflowers in bloom to have the most gorgeous outdoor pictures ever. Our guests are still commenting how beautiful the venue was.

I would be remiss in not thanking everyone at Ma Maison for their support up to and including our special day. We have absolutely no regrets and would choose Ma Maison again in a heartbeat. Ma Maison has everything you need to host the wedding of your dreams. Welcome home!

Sent on 04/15/2019

Ma Maison's reply:

Thank you Jennifer for your sweet and kind words We loved playing such a small part in your big day!
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 03/16/2019

Gorgeous venue!

I had the most amazing wedding day at Ma Maison. This is the most beautiful venue in Dripping Springs - it feels like you’re in the south of France but with fields of blue bonnets! There were so many amazing spaces for our guests to discover throughout the wedding and gorgeous backdrops for photos. This venue was built specifically for weddings and it shows in the thoughtfulness of the set up, the perfect mix of elegant indoor and outdoor spaces, and how everything flows so perfectly. Karen was above and beyond on our wedding day - sweet and helpful and generous. She even welcomed me in to her private apartment above the venue to freshen up before the wedding! At any given time during our wedding there were people around the bonfire enjoying the string lights and beautiful view on the lighted fountain in the lake, people upstairs on the balcony using the photo booth, people on the dance floor and people sitting around chatting. It was the perfect setting for our perfect day. Thank you Karen!

Ma Maison 17
    Ma Maison 18

Ma Maison's reply:

Thank you Mary for your sweet and kind words We loved playing such a small part in your big day!

Lindsey · Married on 03/09/2019

Beautiful venue

We immediately fell in love with Ma Maison when we went on our initial tour last year. The entire property is beautiful and elegant and offers several options for photos and ceremony sites (we went with The Grove.) Karen, the owner, was a wedding planner prior to opening Ma Maison, and she clearly used her experience to think of every detail when designing the property. The bridal suite was gorgeous, the guys had yard games to keep them entertained, and our rain plan—should we have had to use it—was gorgeous as well. We received so many compliments on the venue from our guests and couldn't have asked for a better setting on our special day!

Ma Maison's reply:

Thank you Lindsey for your sweet and kind words We loved playing such a small part in your big day!

Annie Krhovjak · Married on 02/15/2019

Amazing!

We love love loved Ma Maison! It really is the perfect place to get married. Everyone that was invited to the wedding really raved about the location and how beautiful it is. I highly recommend this venue!! I could not imagine getting married anywhere else. Thank you so much to all of the staff that worked so hard to make our wedding amazing. We truly had the best time.

Ma Maison's reply:

Thank you Annie for your sweet and kind words We loved playing such a small part in your big day!
  • Misha

Misha Palt · Married on 12/01/2018

Amazing Wedding!

Everything about our wedding was flawless! The venue is amazing!

Sent on 01/21/2019

Ma Maison's reply:

Thank you Misha for your sweet and kind words We loved playing such a small part in your big day!

Trent Overzet · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing Wedding Venue

We had our wedding in early November and it was absolutely amazing! My wife and I are originally from Chicago, but when looking in the Chicago-land area we could not find a venue as beautiful and accommodating as Ma Maison which made us choose a destination wedding. Karen, the owner, was very wonderful to work with and our wedding day was perfect. Even weeks after our wedding guest were talking about how beautiful the outdoor ceremony was, and how great the architecture was throughout the building. Ma Maison offered many outdoor ceremony sites, beautiful places to take pictures, and a nice grooms suite for the men to get ready and play yard games. We could not have asked for a more beautiful venue to celebrate our special day! I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Ma Maison, and it's top tier service.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Ma Maison's reply:

Thank you Trent for your sweet and kind words We loved playing such a small part in your big day!

Sarah Overzet · Married on 11/10/2018

The best wedding venue, ever!

This is going to have to be a two-part review: #1-The Venue: I got married at Ma Maison on November 10th and cannot say how AMAZING my experience was! My husband and I live in Chicago and looked for over a year for the perfect venue. None could even compare to Ma Maison. We wanted a venue that had a beautiful ceremony location that was on the same property as the reception site to maximize our time which we clearly never found in Chicago. Ma Maison has a beautiful bridal suite for the bride and bridesmaids to get ready in. I chose to add on the LuxWed package that allowed myself and my girls to have additional time in the morning for hair and makeup while being provided brunch, lunch and a mimosa bar. I would highly suggest adding on this package to any bride, it is well worth it! There is even a groom’s room for the guys to go to! Being spaced on opposite sides of the building, my groom was able to take photos with his guys outside while I was on the opposite end with my bridesmaids and we never saw each other. There are three gorgeous ceremony sites to choose from, the options were endless! We chose the largest of the three, the Grove. Surrounded by live oak trees, it was gorgeous even in November. We wouldn’t have gotten that in Chicago! There are two doors that lead to the ceremony site and before I walked down the aisle, the doors were closed to create a reveal into the ceremony. It was everything I had ever dreamed of, the moment my groom saw me as the doors opened was perfection! I literally tear up thinking about it even now, it will be the moment I think of forever. Three weeks later I still have family that says how beautiful our ceremony site was. A short walk over to the Trellis was cocktail hour. Mind you, the pathways are all paved. No dirt or gravel! Which you would think would be a no-brainer but being outdoors and in heels, you want to make sure you aren’t sinking or getting your wedding dress filthy. It just so happened that the weekend of my wedding, a cold front blew in. Ma Maison has clear enclosures that can be dropped down and heaters can be rented to ensure that your guests stay warm and cozy even in colder temps. For photos, the locations are ENDLESS! The other two ceremony sites are the Green Cathedral and the Lake View. The Green Cathedral is the most unique location, it is actually a reclaimed French antique gazebo, originally from France! The structure is one of a kind which makes the photos breathtaking! There is a green “tunnel of love” going from the main building to the Green Cathedral, covered in vines. That is another perfect picture spot. The Lake View site is just before Lac Moise, the “it” spot to take photos with the fountain behind you. Our photographer made sure to get some photos there! The Great Hall really blew our guests away, with the high ceilings and wooden beams, it was (literally) picture perfect for our reception! We had our grand entrance down the staircase into our reception which was very special, all of our guests could see us. In one wing of the Great Hall, there is a living room set with a fireplace and sitting area, it made the big room seem homier. At the end of the night, we did our sparkler exit. There is a long pathway to the circle drive entrance which is once again, perfect for photos! Ma Maison literally means “My House” in French and my husband and I really did feel at home at this gorgeous gem of a venue. Karen, the owner, did an amazing job! Which brings me to point #2: Karen is THE BEST! She really did think of everything while creating Ma Maison. With decades of experience, she knows her stuff! Karen created the Trellis in mind of a built-in rain plan. If it had rained or gotten too cold for my guests, we could have had the ceremony under the Trellis with the enclosures and heaters. Karen always answered my emails in a timely manner and was very accommodating. The day of my wedding, our rental company was setting up the draping I had ordered for the Trellis. There was a minor snafu but Karen was out there with me discussing the options and giving her honest opinion, she took the time to make sure I was happy on my wedding day. I cannot say enough about how great it was to work with Karen and her team! Ma Maison is a clear choice and I highly suggest this venue to anyone who is looking for a timeless and elegant wedding venue!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Ma Maison's reply:

WOW! Thank you Sarah for your sweet and kind words We loved playing such a small part in your big day!
  • Jackie

Jacqualine Leach · Married on 11/09/2018

Fairytale Wedding

Ma Maison was beyond PERFECT for our wedding in November. The minute we pulled onto the property, we knew we had to have our wedding here. The whole venue is so well-thought out and gorgeous on its own that you can do as much or as little décor as you want. Each ceremony site they offered had such a spectacular view, it made for beautiful pictures. We decided to have our ceremony at the Green Cathedral. It was so stunning, unique, and definitely our style! We used the Trellis space for our cocktail hour then moved into the Great Hall for the reception. The 6 chandeliers were gorgeous! We fell in love with the “chic-rustic” style of the Great Hall. The Bridal Suite and Groom’s Den were the perfect space for relaxing before the ceremony. Ma Maison also offered an extensive rental book that made planning so much easier! We didn’t need to purchase random décor, we were able to rent everything we needed. Karen and her team were beyond attentive and professional each step of the way. Overall, I couldn’t be any happier with our decision to have our wedding at Ma Maison. It was truly the best day of our lives! Thank you, Ma Maison for making my fairytale wedding reality!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Ma Maison's reply:

Thank you Jackie for your sweet and kind words We loved playing such a small part in your big day!
  • Nathan

Nathan Miller · Married on 11/03/2018

BEST WEDDING VENUE EVER! Definitely recommend to other brides!!!!

I honestly don't even know where to begin...this place was literally the PERFECT place to have mine and my husband's wedding. Everything about the venue makes you feel like you are in living a French fairytale. From the Green Cathedral, the majestic lake with the fountain, the three outdoor sites to get married (we chose the Grove), the Trellis, the bridal suite, the grooms den, the great hall, and last but certainly not least - the bell tower! I felt like all my dreams had come true the day of my wedding and this was the most absolute perfect place to get married.

The venue owner, Karen, is not only a fantastic small business owner but she is so personable and a truly wonderful person and you can truly tell she cares. Her staff are amazing and so helpful and made the entire process seamless! I was planning my wedding from another state, and Karen and her staff made it so effortless for me! She put my mind at ease multiple times!

Everything about this venue has been so thoroughly thought out and I just don't know of a better place to get married. All of my guests were complimenting how beautiful the space was and how majestic it was. I couldn't agree more! I would choose this venue to get married at a million times over and definitely recommend it to any prospective bride out there! Your dreams are about to come true!
    Thank you Ma Maison for making my fairytale wedding a reality! Couldn't have done it without you!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Ma Maison's reply:

Thank you Kaitlyn & Nathan for your sweet and kind words We loved playing such a small part in your big day!
  • Lainey

Lainey Carlton · Married on 10/13/2018

The most exquisite hill country venue!

Ma Maison was the PERFECT place for our wedding in October 2018! From the minute we toured the property through the wedding day, Karen and her team were nothing but attentive, helpful, and professional (also to note, I was planning from another state and couldn’t have felt more supported from the Ma Maison team). All three of Ma Maison’s ceremony sites are beautiful (we opted for the Green Cathedral and it was as unique and stunning as you think it would be) and the Great Hall for the reception is jaw-dropping. The whole venue is so well-thought out and gorgeous on it’s own (seriously they thought of EVERYTHING when designing this place) that you can do as much or as little as you want and your day will turn out wonderfully. They also have an excellent rain plan, which was a really big deal to me as I fret about weather and felt so secure leading up to the day knowing no matter what, the wedding would be lovely (luckily we didn’t have to use the rain option but still…) The Bridal Suite and Groom’s suite are great too and provided ample space for our wedding party to relax all day, hang out, get ready etc. so that made day-of/getting ready logistics so easy. Overall, I couldn’t be any happier with our decision to have our wedding at Ma Maison - it was truly the best day of our lives

Sent on 11/02/2018

Mariah · Married on 05/25/2018

Ma Maison was one of many venues I had planned to walk through, and it was truly the only one I needed to visit. If you are looking for exceptional service, guidance, and the perfect wedding, Ma Maison is the venue for you. There isn't anything this venue hasn't thought of when it comes to planning and assuring your wedding is everything you have ever dreamed of. Its unique style and outdoor scenery is absolutely stunning and the staff is outstanding! You and your guests will love everything about it.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Sarah · Married on 04/05/2018

This was the FIRST AND ONLY venue that we looked at for our wedding day! We had done lots of online research for a venue in Houston or Austin, and knew we wanted somewhere with a beautiful indoor space, but also lots of outdoor space. Ma Maison is the PERFECT location...secluded out in the Hill Country but only 40 minutes from Downtown Austin, and the cigar bar and s'more pit that we were able to have outside due to all of the space was a huge hit!!! We even had large patches of bluebonnets on the day, which made for gorgeous photos!! Karen and her team are so easy to work with, promptly responding to emails and always fitting us in for visits when we came into town. You absolutely won't go wrong with this stunning, versatile venue. Bonus: the back-up rain plan under the trellace still allows you to have an "outside" wedding if it rains.

Sent on 05/03/2018
  • Y

Yisel · Married on 03/22/2018

After touring several venues my husband and I decided to go on a weekend trip to the hill country while also stopping by Ma Maison’s annual Open House. The owner, Karen Moise, was kind enough to squeeze us in for a private tour the day before the event. We were instantly blown away by the beautifully kept and vast property.
    This venue had it ALL- a spacious and charming bridal suite with it’s own private patio for my bridesmaids and hair/makeup team, a groom’s suite with its own lawn/patio, an amazing high-ceiling hall adorned with beautiful chandeliers, but most importantly, several site options for ceremony, reception, and cocktail hour; including a covered trellis that not only makes for an intimate ceremony site but also a perfect option in the event it rains on your wedding day (this was our “Plan B” ceremony site).
    The versatility this venue offered, brought an end to our venue search. Karen provide me with a bunch of extra wedding magazines, a list of preferred vendors, and helpful wedding planning advice at the end of our tour. The following day, we had the opportunity to meet several local vendors and see a fully decorated venue, which only reinforced our decision-we booked a week later.
    FUN FACT: My husband and I were actually married later that summer by Karen herself!! We initially planned to do this in court but were delighted when Karen informed us she was ordained and offered to be our officiant! We had our special and private ceremony at Ma Maison. Karen made it extra special by making me my own bouquet (this woman is seriously multi-talented), and bringing out wedding cake and bubbly after officially becoming husband and wife!
    Fast forward 8 months later, we were married (again) at the same ceremony site (Green Cathedral) in front of all our family and friends. To this day, our family and friends still comment about our amazing wedding. Even our friend’s friends ask about our wedding location after seeing social media pictures/vids!

Sent on 06/06/2018
    Ma Maison 26
    Ma Maison 27
    Ma Maison 28

Ali · Married on 03/22/2018

Our wedding day at Ma Maison was beyond anything we could have ever hoped for. It was literally the perfect wedding. From the incredible architecture and layout to the beautiful blue bonnets and lake, the scenery was breathtaking. Our guests were absolutely blown away. The bridal and groom suites were immaculate. The hall was absolutely gorgeous. The trellis was lively and beautiful. The team at Ma Maison carried everything out to a tee and worked very hard to accomplish that. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding. Thank you so so much! You deserve 100 stars!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Conor · Married on 10/07/2017

Amazing venue. Amazing staff. Amazing everything. Sarah and Karen made our dream come true. The only thing we wish now, is that we could relive our special day there all day every day. We would recommend having a wedding there to anybody. From the first visit to now, they have all been a dream. Ma Maison is simply perfection.

Sent on 11/04/2017

Danielle · Married on 09/09/2017

Our wedding at Ma Maison was like a fairytale. The grounds and venue are stunning and the facilities are well designed. Karen and her team have thought of everything to make a wedding day seamless and extra special. We added on the LuxWed package and highly recommend it - not only did it give us extra time at the venue, but the mimosa bar, breakfast and lunch were very good. Their vendors list (especially their catering partner, Crave Catering) are some of the best in the business. Five months later, our guests are still talking about how Ma Maison was one of the most beautiful venues - and weddings - they had ever been to. We could not have been happier!

Sent on 02/11/2018

Abby · Married on 09/02/2017

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at Ma Maison on September 03, 2017. I am not one to write reviews, but Ma Maison, Karen, and her team are so amazing, that I had to. Our wedding was perfect and I know that is in large part to Ma Maison- our gusts are still talking about the venue and how great the wedding was. The venue itself is beautiful and taken care of like no other venue that we visited. It is set up to flawlessly host both your ceremony and reception - Karen has thought of everything! Better than anything though was how comfortable Karen and her team made me feel. With the stress of wedding planning, knowing that I could count on Karen to help me out and make sure that everything was going to go smoothly was so special and something that I did not feel anywhere else that we looked. I really cannot recommend Ma Maison enough!

Sent on 05/12/2018

Melat · Married on 07/23/2017

Ma Maison is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. Right when we drove onto the property it felt like we were entering a beautiful retreat area. The beautiful landscaping, views, and trees, combined with the tasteful architecture, makes you forget the outside world, even for just a peaceful moment. Everything about Ma Maison was built to be a wedding venue-the BEST wedding venue. But you know you've hit the jackpot when you meet the 'Ma' of Ma Maison, Karen. She is the most generous, compassionate and loving person you will ever meet! The perfect person you want to be interacting with when you are in one of the most important seasons of your life. Karen and her wonderful staff did everything in their power so that we had the best day of our lives on our wedding day. During the whole planning process, we never had to talk about something twice, once Karen understood what we were trying to do, that was it. It was then magical to see everything come to life that we had talked about without a single detail being missed. We are soooo grateful to God to have Ma Maison intertwined in our life story and we will never be able to repay what Karen did for our wedding day! Thank you! <3

Sent on 08/10/2017

Melat · Married on 07/23/2017

Sent on 08/10/2017

Ma Maison's reply:

Sweet Melat... our Heaven sent bride. We were truly honored to host your wedding. Owning Ma Maison has been a dream come true and we know that having your wedding here makes us so very happy to own the best wedding venue in Dripping Springs to make everyone's dreams come true! I can't wait to see how your life story

Luke · Married on 07/23/2017

There is no better place to have a wedding at than Ma Maison! Karen Moise is the absolute best and she went above and beyond to ensure we had our dream wedding. The wedding venue was breath taking and every person that attended the wedding said, "It was the most amazing wedding and venue they had ever been to!" We are beyond grateful to Karen and her staff for working with the highest level of professionalism but also meeting our personal needs impeccably well. There is not enough I can say about how great of an experience we had at Ma Maison and I would highly recommend the venue to anyone getting married. The venue is even more beautiful in person than in the photos! Yet Karen is ultimately the gem behind it all and working with her made this special time of our lives unforgettable! Thank you Ma Maison and thank you Karen!

Sent on 08/13/2017

Ma Maison's reply:

Luke.... we were so honored to be able to celebrate getting married at Ma Maison. We loved being able to play a role in your new life together!
    XO

Lauren · Married on 07/02/2017

We just recently got married at Ma Maison this past July and we loved everything about Ma Maison! The venue was private, romantic, and absolutely beautiful! We loved getting married outside in front of the green cathedral and the weather was no problem especially for it being an outside wedding in July! We then had our reception inside and my favorite part was that guests walked out back to the patio for happy hour and then had dinner and dancing inside- no driving from the ceremony to reception! We also received many compliments on the food, thanks Crave! The one thing that gave us a little scare with Ma Maison was transportation to and from downtown to the venue, as ride share services are very scarce in Dripping Springs and majority of our guests were from out of state. But!, Thankfully the day before hand when we realized how scarce rides really were, our incredible wedding planner's (shoutout to Olive and Belle) knew who to call and was able to reserve and prepay taxi's to arrive at our venue on our wedding night to take our guests home! (So if you are having guests from out of town or think the drinks may be pouring a little too much, I would highly recommend either arranging a shuttle and/or taxi service for your wedding night!). But again, our wedding planner was able to fix that problem and everything was absolutely perfect on our wedding night! We are very happy we had our wedding at Ma Maison and if we were to do it all again we would choose them again!

Sent on 10/21/2017
    Ma Maison 34
    Ma Maison 35
    Ma Maison 36

Ma Maison's reply:

Sweet Lauren! Thank you for this awesome review.... thank you for taking the time out of your day so that other couples can read first hand about Ma Maison. Your wedding day was beautiful and both you and Austin looked so very happy! Thank you also for sharing your photos
    please keep in touch

Natalie · Married on 06/10/2017

Ma Maison was an absolutely beautiful venue. Captures the hill country in its entirety with the live oaks, gorgeous pond and stunning facility. Our wedding flowed perfectly. Karen was a delight to work with and graciously accommodating. The wedding was stunning from start to departure and Ma Maison provided the perfect landscape and architecture to create it upon.

Sent on 07/22/2017

Ma Maison's reply:

Thank you Natalie..... we loved hosting your wedding at Ma Maison! We loved seeing the transformation of our space to create your dream wedding.