M.Y. Beauty Lounge Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • Chelsey
    Chelsey Married on 10/17/2021
    I had the pleasure to work with Mattie on two separate occasions. She was very professional but also very fun to work with, I felt comfortable the whole time. As a model it is hard to find make-up artists/photographers who can be fun to work with and those who make you feel relaxed and comfortable so I was thrilled when I was able to work with her. I would recommend her to anyone who needs a great make-up artist/photographer.
    Erin Married on 05/20/2017
    I cannot rave enough about this establishment. They were professional, enthusiastic, and wonderful at what they do. I felt like a princess on my wedding day.

M.Y. Beauty Lounge's reply:

Thank you so much for you kind words. We thoroughly enjoyed having you as our guest.
    Valerie Married on 05/15/2016
    These ladies are super professional and did a wonderful job making me look beautiful on my special day!

M.Y. Beauty Lounge's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. It means the world to us.
    Crystal Married on 09/26/2015
    I booked M.Y. Beauty Lounge to do makeup for me and 4 bridesmaids. Wonderful service, friendly and flexible. I highly recommend. Mattie & Yesiangel are the best!
  • O
    Odalis Event on: 04/04/2015
    Friendly, professional and beautiful hair and make up. Will definitely visit them again. Great team.
    Kodi Event on: 10/21/2014
    Mattie is so talented & went above & beyond to make this a wonderful experience!! Our session went so smooth & she made our two sons feel like rock stars!! The end result was so much better than I could've ever hoped for & I am thrilled to show off our new family photos!!
    Meredith Married on 09/26/2014
    Mattie is amazing! I did an airbrush trial and she worked with me on getting the exact look I wanted. The day of the wedding was even better. She was great at keeping things relaxed but very professional and sweet! Her work is great, I highly recommend her!
    Shantaneika Married on 09/20/2014
    Mattie and Yesiangel are a power team. These ladies are very professional when it comes to work. Not only do they perfect their work but they do a phenomenal job! Ladies I pray that God continue to bless you with your talent so that you may continue to bless others just as you had blessed me on my wedding day.
    Hilda Event on: 08/27/2014
    I needed a current photograph to accompany the monthly articles I'll be writing for an international women's magazine, beginning in 2015. This is the opportunity of a lifetime for me, as a new author, and only the very best would do. That is why I called Maggie Rodriguez!

She had done the makeup for my future daughter-in-law, myself, and my daughter for the December marriage, and we were ALL so completely blown away by her talent and friendly, professional demeanor. Needless to say, one doesn't forget that type of service...it keeps you returning for more!

Thanks to Mattie for doing a splendid job with both the makeup and photography. You are a jewel!
    Lisa Event on: 08/17/2014
    So much talent! Senior pictures were awesome. We love them all and cannot decide which ones to print.
    Julie Married on 07/06/2014
    Mattie and Jessie were awesome. They showed up on time, worked with my daughter and myself with great professionalism! The results were great and everyone at the wedding said so! Thanks Mattie and Jessie!
    Julie Married on 07/06/2014
    Mattie and Jessie are awesome. They arrived on time and got to work immediately. Each listened to what I wanted for myself and my daughter and provided the best results. It made this special day that much more exciting! Thanks Mattie and Jessie!
    Jessica Married on 06/23/2014
    Mattie and Yesi are the best.
  • F
    Faith Married on 06/14/2014
    I'm an extremely picky person when it comes to hair and makeup. I've had bad experiences in the past, so obviously for my wedding day I was extremely nervous and cautious. I read all of Mattie's reviews and stalked her on facebook before I contacted her, which calmed my nerves and led me to make an appt with her. I set up a consult with her and she ROCKED my makeup out of the park. I was hooked instantly. I was still figuring out what to do with my hair, and once I had the final concept figured out, her daughter, Yesi ROCKED my hair out of the park too. The two of them together are a fantastic team. They listened to everything I said, answered all my extremely random questions, and made me feel like Kim K on my wedding day - which was my exact vision. I enjoyed working with them and would absolutely recommend them for your wedding day!

M.Y. Beauty Lounge's reply:

Thank you so much, Faith. I'm truly touched by your review, being that it is our mission to make every bride and her ladies feel like movie stars!!
    Seher Married on 06/14/2014
    Mattie was very sweet, helpful and professional. I looked stunning. So did my girls. Mattie is the BEST! Book her you will not be disappointed.
    Seher Married on 06/14/2014
    Amber Married on 05/24/2014
    Mattie did my hair and makeup for my bridal portraits!! She did an awesome job!!! She did it exactly how I imagined it!!!
  • Amber
    Amber Married on 04/20/2014
    They did an AMAZING job with hair and make-up. They were super friendly and made me feel so comfortable.
    Briana Married on 04/20/2014
    Mattie and her team did my hair for my bridal portraits. They were very flexible and understanding, easy to get in touch with, as she always called me back in a timely matter, if she didn't answer the first time. The quality of my hairstyle was excellent. Not only did it stay throughout the whole portrait session, but the next morning there were still curls in my hair. For all of these reasons, they were definitely professional and I would use them again as well as recommend them!
    Amber Married on 04/20/2014
    They did a beautiful job on my hair and make-up. Simply AMAZING. Super friendly. They were perfect!!!!
  • User1495857 2+ years ago
    Mattie is amazing! She made everything relaxed and comfortable and fun! I enjoyed her not only as a photographer, but as a person! Thanks Mattie!

M.Y. Beauty Lounge's reply:

Thank you! It was sincerely an honor to be part of such a special day as a makeup artist, photographer, and friend.
  • User1508691 2+ years ago
    Mattie is my out of this world amazing! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER. She is sooooo easy to work with and made me feel completely comfortable with my makeup and pictures. She is a complete professional and the quality of her work can't be denied. I would NEVER use anyone else for my makeup, hair or pictures. Muah* Thank you Mattie!
    Hilda Married on 12/28/2013
    Needless to say, wedding planning is a grueling and stress-inducing experience. There are so many decisions to make, not the least of which is, "Who is going to do the hair and make-up of the bride?" Even with the preliminary appointment with the hair stylist and make-up artist, there is a certain 'do or die' feeling when the day arrives. It just isn't quite the same thing as picking out centerpieces or ordering the cake.

A bride DOES NOT want to take chances here, because her appearance is SO crucial. After all, it is a one-in-a-lifetime occasion, and she wants to look her very best! With Mattie, the bride-to-be has a 'sure thing.' She and her staff are talented beyond words, AND their attitude/personalities actually provide a wonderfully relaxed period in an otherwise hectic day!
    Jenna Married on 11/09/2013
    Mattie did a wonderful job for my wedding!! I wanted a natural look but more of a smokey eye for my night wedding. It turned out great!! She was flexible to my day and was very professional. She also helped me feel relaxed as I was really nervous!

M.Y. Beauty Lounge's reply:

Thanks!! It was definitely a pleasure to meet you and be a part of your wedding day.
    Brenda Event on: 10/30/2013
    Mattie did an awesome job on my Halloween make-up! I will be booking her again to do my makeup for a Monster Con wedding next spring! I can't wait to get her to work her magic on 'regular' wedding ceremony make up! I am recommending her to 'my' brides in need of a hair & make-up artist. Thanks Mattie you did a GREAT Job! ~http://WeddingWoman.net