M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners Reviews

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 3
M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 4
M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 5

Melinda Scott · Married on 10/26/2019

Excellent ! She is expert in her craft!

Very pleased with Merlene taste and floral design esthetics! She knows her stuff!!!

Sent on 11/14/2019

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners's reply:

Thank you so much Melinda. We still remember your wedding fundly. Total Elegance!
  • Renee

Renee Thomas · Married on 09/27/2019

Hire this vendor to plan and coordinate 40th birthday party

I met Merlene 14 years ago. I hired her as my wedding planner because of the beautiful job she did with my friend's wedding. Fast forward to 14 years later I commissioned Merlene to help my husband plan my 40th birthday party. I used her services for decor and day of coordination. Merlene gave us for the 2nd time a beautiful memorable event completely stress free. It was so nice to arrive and be the guest of honor enjoying the venue and all my guests. Merlene took care of everything and kept the party flowing so no one felt that awkward moment of "now what's next". I am looking forward to working with Merlene on future family celebrations. Her service is amazing and she can work with any budget.

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 6
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 7
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 8
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 9
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 10
    Sent on 10/10/2019

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners's reply:

Renee you are my gem I still remember your wedding and how you were in awe as you saw your vision before your eyes ... and now as you said 14 years later bringing back that smile as you see your birthday setting and you and your guest having a blast ... so let’s do this again.. whenever you are ready.

Tiffany · Married on 08/24/2019

Beautiful Florals!

As an out of town bride, it would have been impossible for me to plan a Miami wedding without an experienced wedding planner. Thankfully, I had Merlene! I was somewhat of a hands-off bride - I had a general vision, some Pinterest inspiration, and pictures of supermarket flowers (lol) which I shared with Merlene, but I was not very particular about the details. I figured that I had hired a team of professionals for my day and I trusted them to do their jobs.

I had one in person meeting with Merlene after hiring her as my wedding planner where we walked through her very thorough questionnaire and talked budget for the florals. She really did everything she could to work with me to make my vision come true within budget including offering the use of several freebies (candleholders, tealights, etc).

I was happy I gave Merlene the freedom to create because she suggested some great ideas I wouldn't have considered such as hoop floral arrangements for the bridal party which turned out great!

On my wedding day, Merlene really came through! When I walked into my venue on my wedding day, I could not believe how she had transformed a few pins and general ideas into this breathtaking scene. The flowers and all the decor were perfect. Like I said, I was not overly detailed in my instructions, so it was a pleasant surprise to me on my wedding day. So many guests commented on how beautiful everything looked and how smoothly the day ran, and I could not have done that without Merlene!

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 11
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 12
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 13
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 14
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 15
    Sent on 09/12/2019

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners's reply:

Tiffany congratulations again on your wedding, you were stunning and the MEI team would like to thank you for allowing us to bring our creative ideas into your special day.

I must say your guests, your husband Michael and your parents was very pleased and for us that is what it is All About. Thank you for trusting us and we wish you all the best..

Warm regards,
  • Nickeisha

Nickeisha Williams · Married on 08/18/2019

She’s awesome 🥰😘

She is the best. I didn’t know what I wanted and was so confused but she came through for me. She did an excellent job. Thanks you Marlene 🥰😘🥰🥰🥰

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 16
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 17
    Sent on 08/19/2019

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners's reply:

Nickeisha it was my pleasure, thank you for allowing me to create your bouquets I love the color combination you had for your wedding... Truly beautiful.

Daniela Dunaway · Married on 08/09/2019

It was a great experience

She went above and beyond regarding my request with flower arrangements, gave me a lot extras for free

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 18
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 19
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 20
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 21
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 22
    Sent on 08/26/2019

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners's reply:

Daniela it was our pleasure ..... I loved creating your vision and so happy you were please. Thank you for trusting us with your special day.

All the best from the MEI Team.
  • Kerri

Kerri Levy · Married on 07/31/2019

Fantastic!

Merlene was truly a professional and always available to us...day and night. Being a busy professional myself, Merlene took care of everything detail while I constantly traveled for work. Wedding day was beautiful and everything came together exquisitely. I would highly recommend M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners to all.

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 23
    Sent on 07/31/2019

Kerri and Christopher,

Thank you for your faith in us, your wedding was so beautiful from beginning to the end.
  • Tonya

Tonya Hughes · Married on 07/03/2019

Amazing Event Planner

Merlene is the bomb.com. She helped me plan a surprise vow renewal for my husband. I live in Wisconsin and I was a little skeptical with putting all my trust in someone who lived so far away. But I have to say, Merlene made me feel comfortable. She was very professional and very detailed. She never left me out of the process and always concerned my opinions. To make a long story short, my vow renewal service in Florida was great. If I had to do it all over again, she would be the one person I would pick. Merlene delivers....

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 24
    Sent on 07/13/2019

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners's reply:

Tonya I have planned many weddings and have schemed with many couples on many things but with your wedding bringing a total surprise for your vow renewal to Kenneth is second to none.
    Thank you for trusting us with such an important days of your life.
    The MEI team now has your day down as Priceless!!!
  • Aiesha

Aiesha · Married on 06/01/2019

Your Event Planning Company Search Stops Here!

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners are definitely a cut above the rest and I am thrilled I chose them to assist us in planning our wedding! Merlene & I hit it off right away and she is definitely a dynamic being. She was professional, flexible, available, patient and just an all-around easy person to get along with, which is super important when it comes to choosing an event planner. She would even send me ideas/suggestions to help get my creative juices flowing and aid in the process of creating my wedding vision, but was never pushy and did not try to impose. Her team - Sharon and Yvonne - was kind and accommodating the day of the rehearsal and wedding day (even when I was obsessing over the reception doors being closed lol... they kept their cool. Thanks for understanding ladies). One of them even helped calm me down by offering encouraging words while I was in the church's prep room getting ready to walk down the aisle.

I would recommend M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners any day, and if you're looking for a full service event planning company, book them! They will not disappoint!

Thank you again, M.E.I. Team! You guys had a strong hand in making our wedding day AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL and an event my husband and I will cherish forever!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Aiesha & Steven,
    You both are special to us, we found your wedding to be so much fun. It was our pleasure to be of service and so happy that we made that difference for you. Our team thanks you so much for your kind words. and wish a Happy Married Life, filled with many Blessings.

• Makinie

Makinie · Married on 05/05/2019

"We do it all!"

My husband and I selected a destination wedding and had no clue where to start. After countless hours of research, I selected Merlene for decorating and flowers.

In recalling everything we did together before writing this review, I typed Merlene's name into my email search, there were 23 search results. Of those 23 emails, 3 had over 20 responses each.

Merlene was THAT dedicated to keeping everything organized and tailored to our personalities. During our first consultation, Merlene explained very clearly what she could and couldn't assist with, and even offered services we hadn't even thought of. Our decorations, centerpieces, bouquets, boutonnieres, arch, pipe and drape and even day-of planning were all taken care of by Merlene.

When we lost our catering manager a month before the wedding and when we got reassigned a new entertainment consultant, Merlene was there to support us and keep us on track. She also coordinated very well with vendors with strong personalities. Everything happened on time and was flawless, even when the inevitable (rain in Miami) happened and the ceremony setup had to be moved inside 15 minutes before the wedding.

Merlene helped make our dream wedding happen and we couldn't thank her enough.

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 25
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 26
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 27
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 28
    Sent on 05/08/2019

Makinie & Brandon,
    Thank you for your kind words. We believe in putting our clients first, with strong support, experience and operating in the spirit of excellence. Your's and Brandon's happiness was our priority and we would not have allowed mother nature to spoil it for you. :-) Thank you for bringing us on board. We wish you all the best.
  • Gena

Gena · Married on 02/24/2019

Amazing!!!!

Wow! Merlene (MEI Floral Designs) truly went above and beyond. MEI came recommended through another friend who also loved their experience from their wedding. They mentioned MEI to me months before, but I forgot to check them out. Then I ended up on Wedding Wire, doing my own search for florist who were not too costly and came highly recommended. I emailed and met with Merlene and fell it love. I felt like she understood my vision and knew ways to make it all work, without breaking the bank. I reached back out to my friends from a few months back, to let them know I decided to go with the same florist they used, and I'm so happy I did! Merlene/MEI Florals is truly the best. I loved my chuppah, ballroom, bouquets, everything!!! She was easy to communicate with and always seemed available.

If you are looking for a florist that truly wants you to love your day, will work with your budget, and has great ideas to make your vision even better, then immediately message MEI and hire them for your event. You will NOT be disappointed.

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 29
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 30
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 31
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 32
    Sent on 02/26/2019

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners's reply:

Gena and Robert it was our pleasure to bring to life your vision, we appreciate your kind words. Your wedding was truly stunning and elegant. All the best to you both on this your new journey, from the MEI team.
  • Susannah

Susannah · Married on 02/10/2019

Severe wedding

Absolutely did an amazing job for our wedding ceremony!!!! Very pleased with everything

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 33
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 38
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 39
    Sent on 03/07/2019

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners's reply:

Susanne & Alesc it was our pleasure to be apart of your wedding day. We thank you for trusting us to making it special and we are happy you loved it all.

Portia P Stephens · Married on 11/04/2018

Easy to talk with delivered as promised

I was impressed with the decorations and the attention to detail. Merlene delivered as promised and even more. I have already recommended her to one my friends. At the church, though simple but elegant, was beautifully decorated and when we arrived at the reception it was transformed into an elegant affair. Thank you once again Merlene. Job well done. You made our daughters day perfect and complete.

Sent on 11/06/2018

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners's reply:

Portia it was our pleasure to produce that wow factor for your daughter’s wedding. We thank you greatly for your referral and appreciate your support for the MEI team.

Stephanie · Married on 11/04/2018

Exceeded expectations

Merlene did a phenomenal job decorating our wedding. I had no doubt in my mind about what to expect. My husband and I were definitely impressed with her service and the memorable experience she gave us.

Sent on 11/15/2018

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners's reply:

Stephanie, we are so happy you loved what we created for you.
    As promised, We Delivered, Thank you for allowing us to be apart of your special day.

Lindsay · Married on 10/20/2018

Definitely recommended!

Merlene was extremely helpful, responsive, timely, and professional. The quality of the flowers was great and I was very satisfied and even impressed. She really listened to my requests and preferences. She also helped when I was not exactly sure what I wanted. I definitely recommend her services. Thanks, Merlene!

Sent on 10/27/2018

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners's reply:

Lindsay congratulations again on your wedding , It was our pleasure to provide all your floral needs. We also thank you for your kind words. I must say you looked stunning in your special day.
    Warm regards, from the MEI team.

Sal · Married on 08/28/2018

Amazing to work with. I am from Kansas and I flew in to do my wedding and I did not see my flowers until the day of the wedding. I could not have asked for more beautiful flowers, the thing that was most impressive was the response time when I had my questions.

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 40
    Sent on 09/11/2018

Sal,
    Thank you for trusting us to deliver your one-of-a-kind Bridal bouquet. I am happy you love it, and thank you for your kind words. Congratulations again!

Lisa · Married on 08/18/2018

Merlene Issac and her staff Are the best! Our flowers were so gorgeous! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/26/2018

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners's reply:

Lisa thank you for selecting our company to be apart of your special event. It was our pleasure to provide you with all your floral needs.

Jin · Married on 07/21/2018

Great service great price. Everything above abd beyond

Sent on 07/23/2018

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners's reply:

Jin and Jinnie, it was our pleasure to be apart of your wedding. We truly enjoyed making your vision come to life, thank you for trusting us with such an important day in your life's journey.

From the M.E.I. Team.

Paris · Married on 06/28/2018

Merlene is the best floral wedding designer any woman can ask for. Merlene worked out ever thing that could possibly go wrong. She was always available, on time, and always did beyond her best. The floral designs were amazing. The ceremony was splendid and I wouldn’t change anything. Thank you Merlene. #pittmans2018

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 41
    Sent on 06/30/2018

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners's reply:

Paris thank you for you kind words, It was our pleasure to have assisted you with your special day and we are so happy it all worked out beautifully.
    All the best in your new journey of life.

Joshua · Married on 06/17/2018

Merlene was a joy to work with. She was available for a meeting immediately. She was extremely flexible with our budget, design, and creating a package that fit with our needs. When it came time for the centerpiece mock up, it was beautiful and exactly what we wanted. Merlene used her expertise to design and create beautiful centerpieces and a chuppah for our wedding. We highly recommend using MEI for all of your floral needs.

Sent on 06/05/2018

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners's reply:

Shari and Joshua thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day, It was beautiful in every way. Thank you for your kind words,

Warm regards,
    The M.E.I. Team

Guiseline · Married on 06/15/2018

She was great. Whenever I needed help, she was there to help.

Sent on 05/28/2018

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners's reply:

Thank you Guiseline and Alix it was our pleasure to be there for you and I must add, your wedding was beautiful. Wishing you all the best on your new journey together.
  • Niche

Niche · Married on 10/28/2017

When I first started planning my wedding, I really didn't intend to hire a wedding planner or even a day of coordinator. But when I met Merlene at my first bridal show and I was so enamored with her that I pretty much said sign me up!! She told me about her own wedding where she was so busy in the details that she didn't get to enjoy her big moment, and because that was a really big fear of mine I decided it was definitely worth it! It was hands down the best decision I made for my wedding day! Merlene is excellent and her level of professionalism made me feel really comfortable knowing everything would be taken care of. The week of the wedding and the morning of she reached out to all my vendors so that I could relax and be stress free! She led the rehearsal the day before and my entire family gave rave reviews because it was fun and humorous and a great way to start the wedding festivities! During the actual wedding, her and her team were pretty much everywhere - making sure guests received their specific orders, coordinating with the kitchen, helping with any snags with my dress, making sure my groom and I were well fed etc. She took care of everyone and I felt incredibly relaxed knowing that her detailed eye would not miss anything! I highly recommend Merlene to anyone considering a wedding planner or day of coordinator!!

Sent on 11/06/2017

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners's reply:

Niche & Kurt , your wedding was so much fun and you and your bridal party made our work easy. We truly enjoyed working your wedding, and it did not feel like work at all (lol) My team and I appreciate your kind words and we look forward to a lifetime friendship as you are now apart of the M.E.I. client family.
    Thank You again.... from the M.I.E. Team.

Kerri · Married on 09/23/2017

The level of customer service and quality of work you get with MEI will surpass your all expectations. This is a passion not just a job for Merlene and her team. MEI believes in giving you the absolute best even if that means she has to be stay up the night before your wedding until 4am. I have been married now a month and I still have people raving about how beautiful my wedding was. The details! The Flowers! The dancing on a cloud! MEI is definitely the way to go. It was a wonderful experience.

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 42
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 43
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 44
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 45
    M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners 46
    Sent on 10/30/2017

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners's reply:

Mr. & Mrs White it was our pleasure as we labored with love to make your wedding a day to remember for a your lifetime and the lifetime of your family and friends.
    Thank you for allowing us to be apart of your special day.

Cournesha · Married on 08/12/2017

Everything was awesome! Put together very well just the way I imagined it! I would like to thank you all for making my big day the best day of my life.

Sent on 08/16/2017

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners's reply:

Cournesha, thank you for your awesome review we are happy we had been able to meet your expectations, we wish you and hubby all he best. Congratulations !

Marilla · Married on 07/16/2017

Merlene was a wonderful florist who helped me out a great deal! Since I was on the other side of the world when planning my wedding and only arrived the day before, it was a great relief to know the flowers in such capable hands.
    Merlene spoke to me on the phone several times and even provided helpful tips for the pictures and the size of my flower headband.
    Hopefully I won't have to get married again, but I would choose Merlene again any time!!

Sent on 07/25/2017

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners's reply:

Marilla, First I must say you were a stunning Bride and it was my pleasure to have provided you with all your floral needs. We appreciate your kind words, and Congratulations to you and Sasha.

Shammara · Married on 06/02/2017

Where shall I start. She's amazing she did everything I asked for and more. Her professionalism is thru the roof. She's all about the bride, if I wanted it and she could do it, it was done. I couldn't of asked for anyone else. When I thought it was impossible she made it possible. I can keep going on and on. When I saw what she did for me I broke down. Beautiful job. Thank you Merlene. And she doesn't just do weddings any event you need she will preform for you. Will use again if need too.

Sent on 06/11/2017

M.E.I. Floral Designers & Event Planners's reply:

Shammara & Terry it was my pleasure to assist in making your wedding a dream come true. Thank you for all you kind words.