Lynda Williams Beauty Reviews

Lynda Williams Beauty 5
Lynda Williams Beauty 6
Lynda Williams Beauty 7

Erica · Married on 10/05/2012

Lynda Williams of Formal Hair Design is fantastic. I thought I knew what I wanted my hair to look like for my wedding when I arrived for my trial with her. I was wrong! Thanks to Lynda's patience and vision, she created a beautiful style for me. I absolutely loved my wedding hair style and highly recommend Formal Hair Design. In addition, Lynda will travel to you which makes for a more relaxing day before the big event.

Sent on 11/10/2012

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Erica, Thanks so much for this great review! You looked stunning and oh so Vintage! I loved your look! Everything came together perfectly...thank you so much for choosing me to be your stylist, what an honor! I love your card too! Keep in touch-Lynda xo

Rachel · Married on 08/25/2012

Hiring Lynda for my wedding was like a dream come true. She was professional, flexible and incredibly talented.
    She provided all 4 of my bridesmaids with hair designs that were gorgeous and unique to their personalities. They are all still talking about how much they loved their hair at our wedding.
    I have VERY curly hair that when straightened, frizzes the moment there's humidity or a drop of sweat, and the process of choosing a bridal hair style that I thought would look good and last, was a nightmare for me.
    Lynda not only helped to extinguish all of the fears and anxieties I had about how my hair will look and the ability for the style to last, but she gave me the style of my dreams. My hair was beyond perfect at my wedding and completely exceeded any hopes and expectations I had.
    What could have been a stressful, anxiety provoking experience for myself and my bridesmaids, was actually one of many highlights of my wedding day. Having Lynda at the hotel while we were getting ready thus eliminating the need to travel to a salon was amazing. My bridesmaids and I got to relax, listen to music and get pampered without worrying about anything related to our hair. Plus, having Lynda there during the pre-party was so much fun. She has a great personality and was the perfect addition to our girls-only, pamper and prep, pre-wedding party.
    I would definitely recommend Lynda enthusiastically and without reservation!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Rachel! You are so beautiful and amazing to work with. I can't tell you how happy this makes me. I loved being with you on such a spectacular day! I loved your friends and family too. So happy that you felt so beautiful-that is my goal for ALL of my brides.

Elizabeth · Married on 06/30/2012

Lynda was wonderful for my wedding! She is fun,professional, and very good at her job. I wish I had more opportunities to get my hair done so that I could hire her again!

Sent on 08/12/2012

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you, if you ever need your hair done for an occasion...call me! You were a gorgeous bride! Xo
  • Betsy

Betsy · Married on 06/29/2012

Working with Lynda from Formal Hair Designs was one of my favorite parts about my pre- wedding time! Getting my hair done was one of my biggest anxieties, because I like leaving my hair natural on a daily basis and I was petrified of getting this big, helmut up-do! Lynda did exactly as I asked her to, and I was so ambiguous on what I wanted, I could hardly describe it. She figured out exactly what I wanted and I absolutely loved my hair on the day of. She was calm, relaxed, so nice to work with and I recieved so many compliments on my hair on the day of the wedding. She also did my entire wedding party's hair and she worked with everyone on the spot so that they loved their hair as much as I did.

Sent on 08/06/2012

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Betsy! I loved having you for my bride and really loved your entire bridal style! You looked amazing! Loved your girls too! Keep in touch, Xo Lynda

Bianca · Married on 06/23/2012

I feel so fortunate to have found Lynda at Formal Hair Design. Not only is her work beautiful but she was such a calming presence on my wedding day. Having no real "vision" for what my hair should be, Lynda worked with me through two trials to find the PERFECT look. She came right to the bridal suite the day of the wedding, making for a smooth and easy morning. She designed hair for myself, 4 bridesmaids, flower girl, MOG and MOB, and my aunt. She really fit right in as one of us! We had so much fun with her. Lynda was prompt and worked efficiently and effortlessly while making everyone look beautiful. Everyone was so pleased with how their hair turned out (a wide variety of styles!), and if I could do it all over again, I would absolutely book with Formal Hair Design.

Sent on 08/12/2012

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Bianca, thank you so much! This means so much to me knowing that you had such a great time...as I did! You were a dream to work with and I loved getting to know you and your family-I have the best job! You looked amazing, and can't wait to get more pictures of you! Please keep in touch. All the best, Lynda xo

Alena · Married on 05/31/2012

Do you remember a fairytale about Cinderella? Where the Fairy Godmother appears and transforms poor Cinderella into a beautiful lady ready to go to the ball and spin the young prince’s head there. Well, this is exactly what I am thinking about writing this review.
    Lynda Williams would be a great match for the Godmother’s role in this fairy! Not only she made a terrific job styling my hair, but she also helped me to feel myself more confident and proud of who I am and how I look. I adored the style she chose for me as much as I adored the way she worked on my hair – relaxed, professional, and confident in each little step! “You have to stay yourself, prettier but yourself”, Lynda said, and this was exactly how I felt when she left.
    I am very grateful to Lynda for her high professionalism as a hairstylist and for who she is as a person. Thank you very much for being a fairy godmother in my fairytale!

Sent on 06/08/2012

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Alena! I am so happy you felt as beautiful as you looked! We had a great time with you for sure! You are one of the sweetest brides ever! xoxo

Astrid · Married on 05/19/2012

Had a great experience with Lynda and Formal Hair Design. She made the whole wedding party look gorgeous on my big day!! Thanks again Lynda.

Sent on 08/02/2012

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Astrid! You looked Gorgeous! I am so grateful to have met you and your friends/family. Congratulations! Be well, Lynda

Liz · Married on 04/28/2012

Lynda was an absolute godsend. From the moment we first spoke I knew I was going to book with her. What initially impressed me was her fairness. When I was feeling particularly overwhelmed by wedding planning one of my bridesmaids started calling around for hair and makeup rates to help out with the search. A few months later when I had decided that Lynda was my top choice, I called to confirm rates and see if she was still available for my wedding date. Although her pricing had increased since my friend had called, Lynda honored her previous quote despite the fact that I had nothing in writing and had never spoken with her before.

When I showed up at the trial I had about 10 potential styles that were in consideration. Lynda helped me identify what I liked about each picture and put together an updo that incorporated different aspects of each photo. Although I loved my hair after the trial, I had a last minute change of heart and decided I wanted a different look. Even with no lead time Lynda was able to make the switch effortlessly and I absolutely loved the result.

On the day of the wedding she and her assistant were on time, organized, friendly and were able to do hair for seven people in just a few hours. All of the girls looked absolutely beautiful, and more importantly they were all happy with how they looked! Lynda was absolutely fantastic and I could not recommend anyone higher.

Sent on 08/10/2012

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Liz, you were such a fun bride to work with! I loved getting you all ready with Alison too! You really made such a beautiful bride and I can't wait to see you in some images...please share your favorites. Wishing you both lots of love! xo Lynda

Allison · Married on 11/05/2011

I would recommend Formal Hair Designs to any bride who is looking for "at home" styling! Lynda is simply AMAZING! She is the ultimate professional who takes the time to DESIGN a hair style that will make you look and feel beautiful! Lynda and her assistant Kim added a calm tone to our wedding prep and gave my bridesmaids the "Mad Men" style we were striving for! We were able to take pictures outside on a breezy fall day and dance the night away and our hair still looked fantastic! Formal Hair Design was a perfect match for my wedding!

Sent on 11/10/2011

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Allison! You looked amazing! Your Mom was a blast and so were your friends-way too much fun! I am so happy you had a great day! Thank you again, for everything! xo
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 10/21/2011

I highly recommend Lynda for bridal hairstyling. She patiently performed two trials for me (I was struggling to find the right style), and after listening to my needs, she suggested the perfect style for me! On the day of the wedding Lynda executed my half up, cascading hairstyle beautifully and it held all day! She was extremely flexible and worked quickly to accommodate my bridesmaids and mom. Hiring Lynda was one of my best wedding decisions, as she made me look and feel beautiful!! Thank you, Lynda!!

Sent on 11/14/2011

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Christina, thank you so much! I loved working with you! You truly looked stunning, loved your whole look/style. I am thrilled you were so happy with us! Wishing you lots of love! xo

Katie · Married on 10/15/2011

If you want your hair to look fabulous on your wedding day, book Lynda and Formal Hair Design NOW! I wish there was an option for 10 stars because she would have it from me! If you are a bride and you don't know this already - getting the right hair for your wedding day is stressful and of course you want it to look perfect. Lynda is not only incredibly talented, but she is also calm, honest and patient - everything you want in a hair stylist. I actually had booked another stylist, but after having my hair done by Lynda as a bridesmaid in another wedding, I switched to Lynda (even though I had to forfeit the deposit with my other stylist - I wanted Linda that badly!). She did my hair down as a bridesmaid and up as a bride and I loved both. So many people commented on my hair on my wedding day saying how gorgeous and intricate it was.

Perhaps most importantly, Lynda is so easy to work with and understands all the stress and emotions that are running wild on the wedding day. She is flexible and calming. She will change things around until the very last minute until you are 100% thrilled with how you look. As a bride, there is no greater gift.

Lynda is amazing, so book her immediately (and if you do a trial, ask her opinion if you aren't set on a certain style as she has great taste and won't lead you in the wrong direction!).

Sent on 12/12/2011

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Katie, Thank you so much for the kind words, I am so happy that you felt taken care of...that is my goal in working with my brides. I love your family and am so honored to have done your sister"s wedding too! Such beautiful brides you both made! I hope you keep in touch! xo

Audra · Married on 10/08/2011

Lynda did a beautiful job on my hair and my bridesmaids' and mother's hair. She is truly a high-level hair designer. Lynda cut my hair in order to create the look I wanted 1 week prior to the big day. She made sure that I was a priority as the bride and she pulled off a flawless look complete with real flowers in my hair and positioning of my veil. Lynda is also very laid-back which made the day of my wedding really nice. Highly recommend :) Thank you Lynda!!

Sent on 12/27/2011

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Audra, thank you so much! I loved working with you, your girls, and family! We had a great time and you looked beyond amazing! What a beautiful bride you were! xo

Molly · Married on 08/20/2011

I have nothing but rave things to say about my experience! Every single one of my bridesmaids look gorgeous and she was also great when one of them asked to switch her hairstyle and the result was fantastic. As for my hair, I truly never though it could possibly turn out as well as it did - it was everything I could have hoped for! Additionally, Linda was just so wonderful to work with, she made the entire experience relaxed and comfortable. I especially appreciated that she was willing to do a trial run with me on a weekend because I live in NYC and couldn't make it up during a weekday to RI. Honestly, you cannot go wrong by choosing Linda!

Sent on 09/01/2011

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Molly, Thank you so much! I am thrilled you felt gorgeous on your wedding day! I love what I do and I am so happy that you chose me to be your wedding stylist! Your look blew me away-Dennis is the best! Can't wait to see you in October! xo

Caity · Married on 08/06/2011

Linda was so great to work with from the original contacting of her to the wedding day. Not only is she talented and current with her hair styles, she comes to you instead of having to get your hair done at a salon on the day of your wedding. This was so relaxing for my bridesmaids and I. She provided us with ideas and was able take ideas and make them even better. I really enjoyed working with her and would recommend her to any bride.

Jessica · Married on 07/03/2011

I was so thrilled with how my hair looked on my wedding day. Lynda was so down to earth, fun, and talented. She was great about scheduling my trial and helping me to figure out what would look best. On the day of the wedding, she kept all of us moving through getting our hair done and all of us looked amazing. My hair and the hair of my bridesmaids held up so well, even with the humidity and rain showers that day. I cannot say enough good things about her!

Sent on 07/28/2011

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Jess! You looked amazing! Just looked through your pictures and I love all the details...the cakes and the tie your dog wore too! So awesome! Congratulations and thank you for being such an amazing bride to work with. I hope to keep in touch! xo

Kristi · Married on 07/02/2011

Lynda Williams is amazing. I booked her somewhere close to a year and a half before my wedding to make sure she was available. Her work is gorgeous, she is tremendously patient and supportive, and most importantly she is extremely talented. I would recommend her without hesitation!

Sent on 07/19/2011

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Kristi, I absolutely adore you! You were such a beautiful bride...and a lovely person to work with. I will miss you terribly, our early morning emails and all...haha. Please keep in touch. All my best to you! Congratulations! xo

Danielle · Married on 06/18/2011

Based on a glowing recommendation from my wedding planner, I called Lynda and kept my fingers crossed that she was available. Not only was she friendly and accommodating during our very first conversation, but it was immediately clear to me just how passionate she is about what she does. And that kind of enthusiasm is contagious. She got me so excited about what I envisioned for myself, and what I wanted to convey with my hairstyle - one of the fun things a bride gets to think about! After about 5 minutes, I was sold and booked her on the spot. And it was the best decision I could've made! Lynda and I stayed in touch throughout my planning process, and our trial run confirmed that I was in very good hands. She was a great listener and nailed it - I felt like a princess! To be sure she could replicate it, she took a bunch of pictures and emailed them to me to review (I loved every angle!). When my wedding day arrived, she was right on time, and brought two assistants with her to accommodate my party of 9. We were all on a timeline, of course, and she helped us stick to it. She had me completely styled and ready to go when my photographer arrived. And she could not have been warmer to me and my bridesmaids. Everyone loved her and her assistants, and we had a blast getting our hair done in my room (at OceanCliff in Newport). Most importantly, it took the pressure off of me to get myself out the door the morning of my wedding. I was able to wake up, shower and get beautified, all in the comfort of my own room. Fabulous! Lynda is truly talented, and I highly recommend using her services. You will not be disappointed!

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/11/2011

I booked Lynda based on all the fabulous reviews on WeddingWire so it's only fair of me to add another glowing review to her portfolio.

Lynda was great to work with from start to finish. During the planning stage she answered all of my emails and phone calls in a prompt and professional manner. We worked through the trial and she offered great solutions on how to make my wedding day look even better.

All of the planning certainly did pay off because I couldn't have been happier with the way my hair turned out on my wedding day. Lynda and team did an amazing job on myself plus my 8 bridesmaids and mother of the bride. We were quite the group and Lynda and her assistant Maria did a beautiful job on each and every one of us! Everyone loved their style and it held up from mid morning through the end of the reception at midnight! Through rain, wind and lots of dancing we all still looked fabulous!

Thank-you Lynda for helping to make my wedding day such a memorable and beautiful day!
    I recommend Formal Hair Design to anyone!

Sent on 12/14/2011

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Sarah, thank you so much! You were such a sweet bride to work with and you were radiating beauty on your wedding day! I love all your pictures and your girls were so much fun. Thank you for letting us be a small part of your amazing day! Love to you both! xo

Alison · Married on 05/28/2011

Lynda is simply the best. She listened to me, dealt with the fact that I totally changed my hair from my trial to the actual event, and did an amazing job with my bridesmaids. She is friendly, efficient, and really knows hair. And most importantly, she is extremely patient and really listens to what you say. Book her fast because I know she's popular, and she's great... And the last thing is that my hair stayed up the entire ceremony and reception - through all the dancing and in the last shots it looked like it had just been done. Thank you!!

Sent on 06/01/2011

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Alison, You looked GORGEOUS! You were so great to work with and I loved you all! So happy you had a perfect day! xoxo
  • Y

Casey · Married on 05/14/2011

Lynda was absolutely fabulous with my hair as well as my 3 bridesmaids. I loved that she came to us at the hotel the morning of my big day, it really made things a lot easier and less stressful for me which was key. She is so laid back, nice, fun, professional, helpful and extremely knowledgeable in her craft. The entire time she was making us all look so great, we were all laughing and joking, it really made for a wonderful way to start the day.
    She was also extremely helpful in terms of ideas for hairstyles. I'm not an updo person, nor a frilly "lets poof you full of curls" girl. She understood completely and helped me to visualize a comfortable yet beautiful style for my hair. I never have my hair "done" and on such a big day I ended up getting myself nervous about trivial things that weren't and didn't happen. Will my flower stay in place? Will my hair freak out? And she really handled me great and made me feel at ease with everything. I needed to be talked down off the ledge a bit so to speak haha
    All of my bridesmaids hair came out fantastic too. They brought some photos of ideas they had as well as some little flowers I bought them to put in their hair. Lynda went right to work and made everyone just look so great in hairstyles that they were comfortable with and that still made them feel like themselves.
    I would absolutely recommend going with Formal Hair Design for your special day or event. I couldn't have asked for anything better!
    Thanks again Lynda!

Jennifer · Married on 04/09/2011

My wedding was on April 9th this past year. Lynda and her assistant did an amazing job on myself, my maid-of-honor and my sister-in-law. She was professional and willing to do whatever we wanted. I had so many compliments on my hair, everyone loved it, especially my husband! I truely felt beautiful, I would highly reccomend her! Thank you Lynda!!

Kelly · Married on 10/24/2010

Lynda is just the best. I had two trials with her- she did exactly what I asked. I would show her a picture and she would create the exact look. On my second trial I could not decide what it was I wanted afterall and had a little moment out of nerves and she reminded me to relax- she was just so supportive. So the day of I told her I wanted a totally different hairstyle than what we had done in the trials and she came through! I was never sure of what I really wanted my hair to look like and the morning of she created what I pointed to in a magazine and that was the one! I didnt have a veil or any hair pieces, no jewelry and last minute while my makeup was being done, Lynda ran out of the room, came back in with two tiny flowers in her hand and pinned them into my hair- perfection! She's truely an artist!

Jamie · Married on 10/23/2010

Lynda was fantastic!! I cannot say enough good things about her! She's very receptive and listens to you! Also, she knows what looks good on people and trys to be creative to make you look your best! I loved my hair for my wedding day and I feel lucky that I had her with me!! My girls looked gorgeous and I was stunning!! Thank you so much Lynda! You are great!

Amy · Married on 10/16/2010

Lynda was amazing to work with! Not only did she do a completely wonderful job with my hair, but all of the bridesmaids looked fantastic as well. I had one bridesmaid who choose to get her hair done by another hair dresser and she later informed me that she made the wrong decision. Lynda was so accomodating, from getting my trial done (a year before the wedding) haha, to the actual wedding itself. Another future bride saw my hair as I was walking through the hotel and asked my mother who my hair dresser was. I later found out she booked Lynda after my mother gave her the information. It was probably the best decision both of us made :)

Thank you Lynda!

Jen · Married on 10/01/2010

Lynda is an artist with hair. She did a pretty complex updo on me and it looked beautiful. I brought her a picture for inspiration and she really gave me exactly what I envisioned. Aside from me, she did hair for my mom, two sisters and two nieces. Everyone was happy with the outcome. Lynda is also very professional and responsive - very helpful in terms of offering advise on other vendors too. We enjoyed having Lynda with us the morning of the wedding while getting ready, she was great and I'm so glad I chose her to be part of the day!