Lynda Williams Beauty Reviews

Lynda Williams Beauty 3
Lynda Williams Beauty 4
Lynda Williams Beauty 5

Alycia · Married on 10/05/2013

Lynda was amazing!!! I just got married yesterday and she made me stress free, look beautiful, and made me laugh while getting ready with the girls at my mothers house. she is so talented with both hair and makeup I'd recommend to any bride that wants to look perfect!! Thanks for making my day special love you!!! mrs. O !!!

Sent on 10/06/2013

Laura · Married on 08/23/2013

Lynda is an amazing artist and made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day. Her and her team made my entire bridal party feel so comfortable getting ready for the big day. My hair and make up were gorgeous and I strongly recommend Lynda and her team to anyone!

Sent on 10/09/2013

Jennifer · Married on 08/03/2013

Lynda was fantastic! I felt so comfortable with her, and it was such a relief to have someone who could make me feel so beautiful and still ask for more feedback! She was accommodating in every sense of the way and was able to handle a large wedding party! I would definitely recommend her to any bride wanting to look their best on the big day!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Lynda was exceptional the day of my daughter's wedding on July 20, 2013 in Newport, RI. My daughter had gone for a trial session with Lynda and once the hairstyle was decided, Lynda took many pictures so that she would do the exact same style the day of the wedding...and she did! It was absolutely beautiful and held the entire day including the evening cruise in Newport Harbor.

Seven people were scheduled to have hair completed by 10:00 AM. To get everyone completed on-time, Lynda brought another hairdresser, which she had told us about. She brought a hairdresser as talented as she. The hairstyles for the wedding party came out stunning and again they held all day long! We added an additional person the morning of the wedding and Lynda had no problem with that as long as time allowed. We had extra time because Lynda and her assistant were professional and kept the morning moving. I would definitely recommend Lynda!

Sent on 08/03/2013

Lynda was fantastic! I had several ideas for my hair and she pulled it together wonderfully. I had zero ideas for my makeup and she came in and did an unbelievable job. My hair and makeup were elegant all day long! I am so glad to have met and worked with Lynda. It was a great start to my perfect day!

Sent on 08/14/2013

Michelle · Married on 07/04/2013

Lynda and her assistant of Formal Hair Design provided hair services to myself, my entire bridal party and the Mom's. She is punctual, reasonably priced and mobile. The fact that she provided service on site the day of the wedding was crucial for me. Lynda has a very calm presence about her and an easy going personality. With all of the stresses and events leading up to the wedding, I found this to be so refreshing and much needed as we prepared for the big day. I was very pleased with how beautiful everyone looked that day and enjoyed the entire design process with Lynda, start to finish.

Sent on 08/06/2013

Michelle · Married on 07/04/2013

Sent on 08/16/2013

Jenny · Married on 06/21/2013

Awesome job! Loved working with Lynda so much that we invited her to the wedding :)

Sent on 08/11/2013

Dianne · Married on 06/21/2013

We were fortunate to have Lynda Williams, Formal Hair and Makeup Design, as part of our wedding day. Lynda is very talented, patient, creative, pays particular attention to every detail, and is a great lady. As mother of the bride, I especially appreciated Linda's warmth, and sense of humor. She was a pleasure to work with. We traveled from NJ to RI to Lynda's lovely salon for our make up and hair trial in May. From the beginning, we knew Lynda would be wonderful. On the wedding day, Linda traveled to Block Island to tend to family and bridal party. She added a calm to our pre-wedding schedule. It was such a pleasure having Lynda with us on wedding day. She worked her magic! I highly recommend Formal Hair and Makeup Design!!

Sent on 08/13/2013

Susan · Married on 06/01/2013

Lynda was great. She listened to what I wanted and it was beautiful. On the wedding day she and her assistant arrived on time and did a fantastic job on the entire wedding party.

Sent on 08/11/2013

Judy · Married on 05/04/2013

Lynda does amazing work! I was thrilled with my hair and it stayed perfect all night long. My wedding party all loved their hair too - she really did a great job. Not only is Lynda very talented, but she is a great person too. I loved working with her!

Sent on 06/23/2013

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Judy, I was thrilled to be part of your wedding day! We had so much fun! You looked gorgeous and Zenobia did an amazing job capturing your beauty! Keep in touch!

Where do I even begin?! Thank you to Lynda and her team for helping to make our wedding THE best day of our lives. I've never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day. I loved my hair and make up...and thought my bridesmaids and mom(s) looked gorgeous. Lynda's "team" was so kind and helpful, I can't believe we pulled it all off!

Lynda is such a talented artist and I'm so grateful for her patience and expertise. I received many compliments (as did my girls) and we've been singing her praises.

Lynda was extremely helpful and understanding as I saw her for 2 trials prior to the Big Day. She welcomed me into her home both times and worked with me until I felt completely comfortable with my hair and make up.

I cannot express my gratitude enough... Lynda is the best!

Sent on 05/01/2013

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Ashley! You were a dream to work with and I absolutely adore you! I am so grateful to have had you as a client and I hope to keep in touch with you! Your the best! Wishing you much love and happiness! xol

Melissa · Married on 03/09/2013

Lynda and her assistant Jennifer did an amazing job for hair and makeup for my March wedding. I am so happy I went with Lynda, who is now also my regular hairstylist. I found her online and entrusted her to do my highlights and cut a few weeks before my wedding instead of my regular stylist. I have never had such natural looking highlights that shimmered for all the pictures. I couldn't have been more pleased with the results.

Her makeup artistry is incredible and she is continually learning new techniques. She now offers airbrushing, which I tried for my wedding. My makeup looked flawless and natural! She listens to what you want done, but is not afraid to give you her expert opinion on style and color choices, which were spot in my case! My entire bridal party looked amazing and were complete on time for photos without chaos or a rushed feeling, which was key for me.

I would highly recommend Formal Hair and Makeup Design for your future wedding needs and as a permanent hair stylist. Lynda works out of her home with a very professional setup and separate space for clients. Her pricing is on par with all other hair stylist in the area, and for the value, worth every penny. She even went out of her way to "beautify" me after my highlight appointment because she knew I was getting boudoir photos taken that same day! You wont be disappointed if you have Lynda on your wedding day!

Sent on 03/22/2013

carrie · Married on 10/14/2012

Linda was absolutely amazing! I was very nervous about finding a hair stylist for my wedding and was so happy to have found her. She made me feel completely comfortable and reassured from my first appointment. When I was a little unsure about my first trial, she was amazing about letting me try another until it was perfect. I was so happy to have her be a part of my wedding day. I would highly recommend her to any bride. Thanks again Linda!!

Sent on 12/05/2012

Carrie,

Thank you so much! You were so great to work with and I hope you keep in touch for future events and such. I can't tell you how gorgeous you looked that day! It shines through in those pictures. I loved your girls too! What a fabulous day! Lots of love to you both!

xo

Lynda did an amazing job with my hair and make-up for my wedding. She made me feel very comfortable and spent a lot of time getting to know me. She really captured the essence of how I wanted to look and feel. I would recommend her for any wedding, event or special occasion. It was a perfect experience.

Sent on 01/10/2013

Susan · Married on 10/07/2012

Lynda was awesome!!!
    She was incredibly easy to work with. She did my hair and makeup for my wedding and it looked beautiful. I kept getting compliments. I looked better than I dreamed of and felt perfect walking down the aisle.
    She also did hair for my 8 bridesmaids and mother. It was so nice that she comes to meet you. It made the day more enjoyable and less stressful to get ready at one place. Lynda was great and sent one of my bridesmaids with a curling iron and instructions on how to touch up my hair right before the wedding.
    She could not have had more attention to detail. As the night went on, my hairstyle relaxed beautifully and kept looking great. My bridesmaids were joking at the reception that Lynda would have come along, if we'd let her, to keep touching up my style.
    Lynda was a great part of my wedding day that I truly appreciate. Thank you.

Sent on 10/14/2012

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Susan! I was so honored to be a part of your wedding day! You were so beautiful and a joy to be with! I could have easily been convinced to stay through the party! haha I loved you all-what beautiful people you have in your life! I wish you all good things.

Stephanie · Married on 10/06/2012

After a suggestion through my wedding planner, I immediately scheduled a trial appointment to see Lynda. We set a date and I was over there as soon as I could. Lynda is warm, personable and an absolute sweetheart to work with. She listened attentively to what I had in mind for my hair. As for the makeup, I was at a loss and let Lynda do what she does best. I couldn't stop beaming and looking at my reflection in the mirror once she was done. As for the day of the wedding, she made me look even better than I looked at the trial - which I thought was impossible. She worked really well with my Mother and sister (my maid of honor) and had them grinning from ear to ear by the time she was done with them.

Sent on 02/06/2013

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Stephanie, thank YOU so much! You were a dream to work with and I am so happy you felt beautiful! I loved working with you! xo

Erica · Married on 10/05/2012

Lynda Williams of Formal Hair Design is fantastic. I thought I knew what I wanted my hair to look like for my wedding when I arrived for my trial with her. I was wrong! Thanks to Lynda's patience and vision, she created a beautiful style for me. I absolutely loved my wedding hair style and highly recommend Formal Hair Design. In addition, Lynda will travel to you which makes for a more relaxing day before the big event.

Sent on 11/10/2012

Erica,

Thanks so much for this great review! You looked stunning and oh so Vintage! I loved your look! Everything came together perfectly...thank you so much for choosing me to be your stylist, what an honor!
    I love your card too! Keep in touch-Lynda xo

Rachel · Married on 08/25/2012

Hiring Lynda for my wedding was like a dream come true. She was professional, flexible and incredibly talented.
    She provided all 4 of my bridesmaids with hair designs that were gorgeous and unique to their personalities. They are all still talking about how much they loved their hair at our wedding.
    I have VERY curly hair that when straightened, frizzes the moment there's humidity or a drop of sweat, and the process of choosing a bridal hair style that I thought would look good and last, was a nightmare for me.
    Lynda not only helped to extinguish all of the fears and anxieties I had about how my hair will look and the ability for the style to last, but she gave me the style of my dreams. My hair was beyond perfect at my wedding and completely exceeded any hopes and expectations I had.
    What could have been a stressful, anxiety provoking experience for myself and my bridesmaids, was actually one of many highlights of my wedding day. Having Lynda at the hotel while we were getting ready thus eliminating the need to travel to a salon was amazing. My bridesmaids and I got to relax, listen to music and get pampered without worrying about anything related to our hair. Plus, having Lynda there during the pre-party was so much fun. She has a great personality and was the perfect addition to our girls-only, pamper and prep, pre-wedding party.
    I would definitely recommend Lynda enthusiastically and without reservation!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Rachel! You are so beautiful and amazing to work with. I can't tell you how happy this makes me. I loved being with you on such a spectacular day! I loved your friends and family too. So happy that you felt so beautiful-that is my goal for ALL of my brides.

Elizabeth · Married on 06/30/2012

Lynda was wonderful for my wedding! She is fun,professional, and very good at her job. I wish I had more opportunities to get my hair done so that I could hire her again!

Sent on 08/12/2012

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you, if you ever need your hair done for an occasion...call me!
    You were a gorgeous bride!
    Xo
  • Betsy

Betsy · Married on 06/29/2012

Working with Lynda from Formal Hair Designs was one of my favorite parts about my pre- wedding time! Getting my hair done was one of my biggest anxieties, because I like leaving my hair natural on a daily basis and I was petrified of getting this big, helmut up-do! Lynda did exactly as I asked her to, and I was so ambiguous on what I wanted, I could hardly describe it. She figured out exactly what I wanted and I absolutely loved my hair on the day of. She was calm, relaxed, so nice to work with and I recieved so many compliments on my hair on the day of the wedding. She also did my entire wedding party's hair and she worked with everyone on the spot so that they loved their hair as much as I did.

Sent on 08/06/2012

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Betsy! I loved having you for my bride and really loved your entire bridal style!
    You looked amazing!
    Loved your girls too!
    Keep in touch,
    Xo

Bianca · Married on 06/23/2012

I feel so fortunate to have found Lynda at Formal Hair Design. Not only is her work beautiful but she was such a calming presence on my wedding day. Having no real "vision" for what my hair should be, Lynda worked with me through two trials to find the PERFECT look. She came right to the bridal suite the day of the wedding, making for a smooth and easy morning. She designed hair for myself, 4 bridesmaids, flower girl, MOG and MOB, and my aunt. She really fit right in as one of us! We had so much fun with her. Lynda was prompt and worked efficiently and effortlessly while making everyone look beautiful. Everyone was so pleased with how their hair turned out (a wide variety of styles!), and if I could do it all over again, I would absolutely book with Formal Hair Design.

Sent on 08/12/2012

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Bianca, thank you so much! This means so much to me knowing that you had such a great time...as I did! You were a dream to work with and I loved getting to know you and your family-I have the best job! You looked amazing, and can't wait to get more pictures of you!
    Please keep in touch.
    All the best, Lynda

Alena · Married on 05/31/2012

Do you remember a fairytale about Cinderella? Where the Fairy Godmother appears and transforms poor Cinderella into a beautiful lady ready to go to the ball and spin the young prince’s head there. Well, this is exactly what I am thinking about writing this review.
    Lynda Williams would be a great match for the Godmother’s role in this fairy! Not only she made a terrific job styling my hair, but she also helped me to feel myself more confident and proud of who I am and how I look. I adored the style she chose for me as much as I adored the way she worked on my hair – relaxed, professional, and confident in each little step! “You have to stay yourself, prettier but yourself”, Lynda said, and this was exactly how I felt when she left.
    I am very grateful to Lynda for her high professionalism as a hairstylist and for who she is as a person. Thank you very much for being a fairy godmother in my fairytale!

Sent on 06/08/2012

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Alena! I am so happy you felt as beautiful as you looked! We had a great time with you for sure! You are one of the sweetest brides ever! xoxo

Astrid · Married on 05/19/2012

Had a great experience with Lynda and Formal Hair Design. She made the whole wedding party look gorgeous on my big day!! Thanks again Lynda.

Sent on 08/02/2012

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Astrid! You looked Gorgeous! I am so grateful to have met you and your friends/family. Congratulations!

Be well,

Liz · Married on 04/28/2012

Lynda was an absolute godsend. From the moment we first spoke I knew I was going to book with her. What initially impressed me was her fairness. When I was feeling particularly overwhelmed by wedding planning one of my bridesmaids started calling around for hair and makeup rates to help out with the search. A few months later when I had decided that Lynda was my top choice, I called to confirm rates and see if she was still available for my wedding date. Although her pricing had increased since my friend had called, Lynda honored her previous quote despite the fact that I had nothing in writing and had never spoken with her before.

When I showed up at the trial I had about 10 potential styles that were in consideration. Lynda helped me identify what I liked about each picture and put together an updo that incorporated different aspects of each photo. Although I loved my hair after the trial, I had a last minute change of heart and decided I wanted a different look. Even with no lead time Lynda was able to make the switch effortlessly and I absolutely loved the result.

On the day of the wedding she and her assistant were on time, organized, friendly and were able to do hair for seven people in just a few hours. All of the girls looked absolutely beautiful, and more importantly they were all happy with how they looked! Lynda was absolutely fantastic and I could not recommend anyone higher.

Sent on 08/10/2012

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Liz, you were such a fun bride to work with! I loved getting you all ready with Alison too! You really made such a beautiful bride and I can't wait to see you in some images...please share your favorites.
    Wishing you both lots of love!