Lynda Williams Beauty Reviews

165 | Newport, RI

165 Reviews for Lynda Williams Beauty

Katrina · Married on 10/22/2017

I can't thank Lynda and her team enough for making sure my bridesmaids and I looked and felt fabulous on my wedding day! My hair and makeup were perfect and just what I had envisioned for my special day- thanks Lynda!!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Christine · Married on 10/07/2017

Lynda is extremely professional and talented. She made all our girls look beautiful and made our morning fun! It was really important to me that my girls and I get ready in my home, and Lynda and her team easily traveled to us. They were flexible and accommodating. My sister said jokingly at one point that Lynda should change the slogan of her business too “we fix ugly.” Not that any of us are ugly, just that she made us so beautiful! She is organized and timely and very serious about her business. Lynda and her team worked hard to treat 10 of us and even finished early! I highly recommend Lynda Williams beauty to any bride in the market :) Thanks, Lynda!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Danielle · Married on 09/08/2017

Lynda and her crew did an amazing job with all our hair and make-up. Every single one of my bridesmaids and Moms were very satisfied with their hair and make-up. Lynda stayed until we started taking pictures to make sure we all loved everything and to touch up anything that needed to be. She was very accommodating and very easy to contact and quick to reply.

Sent on 12/02/2017

Lisa · Married on 06/24/2017

Lynda and her team were very punctual and professional on our wedding day. They took care of myself, mother, mother in laws and bridesmaid with ease. Everyone was so happy with their look. I had a trial with Lynda earlier in the year and it was amazing how that in conjunction with my feedback yielded results I couldn't have been more happy with. Work with Lynda!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much for this great review!
    You looked so beautiful and it was so much fun to be with you and all Love your family and wedding party! Great day!
    Wishing you love and happiness always!
    Xoxo

Carla · Married on 06/24/2017

Lynda was great! I had booked someone else to do my wedding makeup and found out a month before my wedding that there was a scheduling error and they were unavailable. As I scrambled to look for someone else, Lynda responded very quickly to my email and was extremely friendly, flexible, and willing to help me out. I did not do a trial because I was short on time, but was confident based on photos and my conversations with Lynda that she would do a great job. She was able to fit me in despite having another wedding the same day as mine. On the wedding day, she arrived on time and was very professional, efficient, friendly, and helpful! We had our makeup done early, but Lynda gave me a touch up kit and even offered to come back after she finished with the other wedding party if I needed anything. I absolutely love how my makeup turned out and it lasted all day, despite some serious heat and lots of sweating on the dance floor! I loved the airbrush makeup and eyelashes, and Lynda helped me pick out a fun lip color and even gave me some extra for reapplication. I am not used to wearing a lot of makeup, but I did not feel overdone at all and felt like I looked like myself. My skin looked great, and everything photographed really well. The others in my wedding party loved their makeup as well! I highly recommend Lynda and her team!!! She is extremely friendly, professional, accommodating, and willing to help out!

Sent on 07/22/2017

Carla
    I want to jump through this screen and give you a big hug! I'm so happy that you and your wedding party had a great experience. You are so special and I believe it was fate that brought us together. I absolutely loved seeing some photos online of you and your new husband. But I can't wait to see more !
    It was such a pleasure to be a part of your truly amazing wedding! Please keep in touch ! Xoxo L

Barbara · Married on 06/16/2017

As the mother of the groom needing up-do's for myself, sister, sister-in-law, daughter and 4 year old grand daughter, we knew that this would take calm and utra professional. Enter Lynda, who had responded immediately to my initial request and followed up within hours........date secured, contract in hand. Could not have been easier. But the real magic started on the wedding day when my group had to literally schedule who went when as my sister-in-law was also doing our make up. Lynda handled all requests, made suggestions which were greatly appreciated as the weather turned windy AND rainy and that needed to be taken into consideration for each of the hair styles. She was calm, soothing, funny and a delight to be around as we were your typical stressed out group of women. Special mention of her outstanding service was that she sent a tips and tricks email a few weeks ahead of time to give us suggestions for make up, hair and overall beauty secrets for the wedding. That was so helpful and appreciated. I cannot give her a higher recommendation, and that does not happen often with me! Cheers to an amazing professional!

Sent on 07/02/2017

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Barbara- i'm so happy to hear that you felt you hired the right person! I really loved meeting you all, and learning a little about you all during our time together! I felt like i was part of the family❤️ What a beautiful family you have! Such a pleasure and if your ever in RI again please look me up! Xx all my best!

Katy · Married on 05/07/2017

I absolutely loved working with Lynda and her staff. They were great and we were all extremely happy with the way our hair and makeup came out. The timing was great and we were ready ahead of schedule. I am confident that I made the best decision for my wedding day!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Pamela · Married on 04/29/2017

Lynda and her team did an amazing job for my wedding in Connecticut in April 2017. I was so happy with how my makeup and hair turned out, and everyone else (bridesmaids & moms) looked amazing as well. Lynda was so lovely to work with and I really enjoyed my experience. Couldn't recommend more highly.

Sent on 06/13/2017

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Pam! You were such a truly Gorgeous Bride! Just like bed everything about your Bridal look! Loved your family and friends ❤️ Truly a pleasure to be with you and make you all feel beautiful! I can't wait to see some pro pics from Jessica Ober Photography! Such a great day! I'm so grateful you chose LWB and please reach out if you need anything in the near future! Xx

Shirley · Married on 09/22/2016

Call well in advance to book your hair and makeup appointments. Lynda is very accomodating, professional and personable, my daughter and I loved working with her!

Sent on 09/26/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/18/2016

I have my makeup and hair done pretty frequently for hoopLA events, and I have never felt as beautiful as I did on my wedding day. It was the most incredible feeling and as I saw myself for the first time, I literally cried. I can’t thank Lynda Williams enough for making me feel so incredible and for bringing my vision to life. Lynda has a calming demeanor and really focused on me during the time I was in her chair. She communicated exactly what she was doing and I felt like I was in great hands the entire time she worked on me. My bridesmaids equally felt as beautiful and were so happy with how their hair and makeup came out too (some trying to keep their hair the next day). I highly recommend Lynda for any event where you want to feel confident and beautiful. I hope I get to work with her again soon.

Sent on 10/18/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 09/17/2016

Lynda was amazing! I had a specific look in mind that we worked on during the trial and I couldn't have been happier with the final result!

Sent on 02/02/2017

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Liz! It was truly an honor to be with you all! Such an incredible day! I really loved be your hair and mu artist more than you know! Your so beautiful and I can't wait to see your pictures!!! Please send me some when you can! All my best to you both!!! Xo

Meg · Married on 09/09/2016

Working with Lynda was such a great experience! Lynda is a talented hair and make up artist who takes great pride in her work and her relationship with her clients. Lynda was patient and thorough listening to my vision and ensuring that my bridesmaids, mother and I were all completely happy with our looks! Lynda truly knows how to bring out the best beauty in anyone she works on. I received so many compliments on my hair and make up and felt so incredible comfortable and beautiful! What I loved most about Lynda was how calm and relaxing she made the morning of my wedding, keeping everyone on track and ensuring we weren't rushed. I would highly recommend working with Lynda! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Meg, you are a true gift! What an amazing day spent with beautiful people! I felt like part of your family! Loved working with you and all of your bridal party! Thank you for being such a beautiful person, inside and out! Xo

Catherine · Married on 08/12/2016

Lynda is fantastic! From the start she was really helpful and accommodating and took the time to have a long phone call with me to discuss ideas for my hair and make-up. Since I had to come from out of state for a trial and ended up planning it somewhat last-minute, she was really flexible about fitting me into her busy schedule! On my wedding day she and her team were wonderful and did hair and make up for me and my 9 bridesmaids. They made good time and got us out of there early enough so we would not be stressed. She did a fantastic job on both my hair and my make-up and was really a great consultant throughout the whole process! She was easy to work with, lovely to talk to, very calm and encouraging. I highly recommend!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Catherine! I'm so grateful that you chose us for your wedding! I can't wait to see your images! I still haven't seen you in your dress yet! Your truly beautiful and a joy to have worked with! I can't thank you enough! Wishing you both much love and happiness! Xoxo

Pamela · Married on 07/09/2016

Lynda was amazing! She was so flexible and easy to work with to set up a trial with and coordinate for day of hair and makeup. She also did a fantastic job with the actual hair and makeup for me and everyone else in my bridal party getting their hair and makeup done. I presented her with a very challenging request for my hair and she worked with me on it and got it absolutely perfect, which was definitely a feat! I would definitely recommend Lynda!

Sent on 10/16/2016

Jessica · Married on 07/02/2016

BOOK LYNDA! She is a dream. I have had my makeup done by a few makeup artists in the past and Lynda is by far the most talented, knowledgeable, pleasant, experienced, organized, and prepared. I have Melasma, a patchy, tan skin discoloration on my face, and not only was Lynda the only makeup artist to acknowledge it, she covered it perfectly without putting too much makeup on. I should also note that my skin is typically oily at the end of a long day, but the airbrush makeup that she used stayed matte for the entire evening (even after tons of dancing in the July heat)!

I met Lynda for the first time at my wedding makeup trial and knew right away that she was going to be great. She asked many questions to get to know me, my style, my everyday makeup look, the style of my dress, the decor for the wedding, etc. before getting started which really made me feel at ease. I was so happy with the outcome that I had Lynda do my hair and makeup for my engagement shoot and of course, she did my makeup (as well as my bridesmaids and mother who were all so happy with their results) for my wedding. I would've booked her for wedding hair too, but I had already booked my hairdresser of 12 years.

One more thing: I noticed she cleans her brushes often and uses disposable applicators for certain products - SUCH a relief for an OCD person like myself.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Jessica! I'm so grateful you found me! What a gorgeous day! You looked absolutely stunning and I loved your pup Lulu being there with us to celebrate! Xo

Nini · Married on 05/07/2016

Lynda did the hair and makeup for my bridal party and myself on May 7, 2016, and I cannot say enough great things about her. She and her team were absolutely fantastic. Lynda is punctual and very professional. She truly listens to the bride and can make her vision come to life. My hair and makeup trial went great with her, but on my wedding day she completely blew me away. My makeup was so tasteful, elegant, and natural (exactly what I asked for). All of my bridesmaids, mother, and mother in law were beyond thrilled with their looks. I found her pricing to be excellent, especially for the high quality services I received. I will recommend her to anyone and everyone that is in need of hair/makeup services. She is a great person and a true artist!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Kaila · Married on 04/16/2016

Lynda and her assistant did such beautiful work on the day of our wedding! They had a large group of us and still managed to get everyone in and out ahead of schedule while also coordinating with my makeup schedule for a few of the girls. We had a wide variety of hair types and styles and no one left disappointed. My own hair held up great the whole night, even after being tugged and brushed at by my veil. I am so happy with how my hair turned out, I felt so beautiful!

Sent on 05/04/2016

Hi Kaila
    I'm so happy you felt beautiful! I'm dying to see you in your dress! Please send photos when you can! Loved being a small part of your fun and amazing day! What a beautiful group of women! Please keep in touch! Xoxo

Amy · Married on 04/06/2016

Lynda was great to work with and I loved how I looked for my elopement! Booking a trial definitely helps get the perfect look on your wedding day.

Sent on 04/16/2016

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Amy! You looked stunning! It was a pleasure and honor to be a small part of you exciting day! All my best to you both! Xo

Meg · Married on 10/11/2015

Lynda did an absolutely amazing job with my hair and make-up on my wedding day on October 11, 2015.

She helped me stay calm and focused amidst all the chaos in my room that morning. She used her talent to magically transform me into a princess. I received so many compliments and felt very beautiful!

I want her thank her again for helping make our wedding a grand success. I would definitely recommend her to future brides.

~ Meg Hansen

Sent on 11/05/2015

Meg-
    You were such a sweet and beautiful bride to work with. I loved everything about your wedding look/style. I will always think of you whenever I see Breakfast at Tiffany's!
    Much love to you! Xo

Lynda is an incredibly professional and knowledgeable makeup artist, and I would highly recommend her to anyone in the RI area! She did the makeup for my best friend's wedding (the bride + 5 bridesmaids + the bride's hair) and did a truly amazing job on everyone! We all had very different complexions and skin tones, and Lynda seamlessly moved from one girl to the next, taking her time on each of us - we all looked stunning after she worked her magic!

She started by asking me a little bit about my normal makeup routine, the trouble areas with my skin and what I preferred for makeup (natural, glamorous, etc.) - and then went to town! She explained everything that she was applying as she was doing it and was incredibly patient with all my questions. My makeup turned out fabulous for the wedding - and held up perfectly in 85 degree heat and hours of dancing (and sweating!)!

A week or two after the event, I emailed Lynda with a few questions I had - she had done such an amazing job with my makeup that I wanted some tips to share with the makeup artist I was using for my own wedding a month later (my event was in NY and I had already hired another makeup artist - otherwise, I would have snatched Lynda for it!). She was able to recall everything she had used on my face and provided me with a complete list PLUS a number of tips! Lynda understands that a bride wants to feel beautiful and flawless on her wedding day, and she does everything in her power to make that happen. She really is the best of the best!

Sent on 09/09/2015

Jenna · Married on 09/19/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Lynda and her team. She is extremely responsive, professional and is truly talented in what she does. I had her do my hair and make-up for my wedding day, along with my bridesmaids and mother, and she sent multiple "prep emails" that helped prepare us for the big day. Whether it was what our hair should be (wet/dry/straight) the day of or how we can better prepare for the day to make sure it is stress free and runs smoothly, she really has thought of it all. You can tell she has done this for a long time, and it really showed in not only how happy I was with my hair/make-up, but also in how much my bridesmaids and mother loved what was done. I am very picky and opinionated when it comes to my hair (very thick, long hair), but Lynda was very calm and collected and made it look better than I imagined. Highly recommend Lynda Williams Beauty!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Jenna,

I absolutely am beeming as I read this! Thank you so much! You all were such a pleasure to know and an honor to be with! I can not wait to see your amazing photos! You looked absolutely stunning! Your so beautiful! xo

Lynda was wonderful to work with. I completed a trial for my wedding hair and makeup in the spring and later decided that I wanted to change the style of my hair for my wedding day. Although I didn't have time to come back for a second trial (I live in Manhattan and was planning a wedding in Bristol), I felt confident that she would be able to create the new look I was going for -- and I wasn't disappointed. She not only made sure that I felt incredibly beautiful, but she and Kim did an amazing job with my bridesmaids' hair. She made sure that we never felt rushed but kept us on schedule. Her tips beforehand made it easy to stay organized, which made the morning of the wedding that much more calm and relaxing. I've never felt more beautiful and I was blown away by the hairstyles she created for the girls. I
    highly recommend Lynda and I really was impressed by her skills!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Colleen · Married on 09/05/2015

Lynda was an amazing makeup artist to work with! From my first meeting with her to do my make-up trial to the wedding day to after the wedding, she has been a pleasure to work with. All of my girls loved her and have been interested in her makeup services after the wedding since she was so great the wedding day. She really took her time with each girl to make them feel comfortable and adapted to all our different skin types. Our makeup was beautiful and flawless and lasted the entire wedding day & night! I highly recommend Lynda and I'm so happy I found her for my wedding day. Thank you Lynda!

Sent on 11/22/2015

Colleen

I'm just thrilled you were so happy with your makeup! You were truly a stunning bride! Thank you for taking the time to write this great review for me. It really means a lot. I look forward to our make up lesson together soon. I can't wait to see your pictures ! You all were such a pleasure to work with I had a great day with you all ! What a beautiful group of ladies !
    All my best to you
    Xoxo

Chrissy · Married on 08/28/2015

I highly recommend hiring Lynda Williams for your hair and makeup services on your wedding day. Lynda is a kind soul with a great personality. I met with her three times during the wedding planning process to perfect my look prior to the big day. She was patient with my requests and helped guide me with decisions regarding my look. On the wedding day, Lynda and her assistant Kim showed up to my hotel room promptly and stayed on track with our timeline. They both demonstrated great communication with the bridal party and myself. They truly listened to everyone’s individual requests and suggestions. The hair and make up came out absolutely beautiful! I 100% recommend hiring Lynda Williams for your wedding day.

Sent on 10/04/2015

Lynda was the BEST! I initially e-mailed her in a huge panic when my other hair/makeup vendor fell through, and she was able to squeeze me in although my wedding was only 4 weeks away. (Though I definitely recommend booking her far in advance…it was a miracle that she had an opening for me with such short notice). Lynda was amazing supportive of how stressed I was, and was the kindest person I had ever worked with! My hair trial was great, but my actual wedding day hair was INCREDIBLE. I loved the way I looked, and my four bridesmaids and my mother also looked fantastic thanks to Lynda and her assistant. She was on time and ready to go, and we were ready an hour before pictures were to start. She is worth every penny…you will LOVE the way you look on your wedding day! Also: she has the cutest dog in the world, and you might just get a chance to pet her during your hair trial :)

Kate Safford/ Johnson

Sent on 08/23/2015

Kate,

I want to thank you for being such a dream to work with! I loved your wedding look and you were absolutely stunning! I can't tell you how happy I am to know you were pleased with our services. What a perfect day together. I loved being a part of it all with your friends and family. It was truly an honor. Please keep in touch and send me some images when you can...xo Lynda and Kim