Lynda Williams Beauty Reviews

Lynda Williams Beauty 5
Lynda Williams Beauty 6
Lynda Williams Beauty 7

Katy · Married on 05/07/2017

I absolutely loved working with Lynda and her staff. They were great and we were all extremely happy with the way our hair and makeup came out. The timing was great and we were ready ahead of schedule. I am confident that I made the best decision for my wedding day!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Pamela · Married on 04/29/2017

Lynda and her team did an amazing job for my wedding in Connecticut in April 2017. I was so happy with how my makeup and hair turned out, and everyone else (bridesmaids & moms) looked amazing as well. Lynda was so lovely to work with and I really enjoyed my experience. Couldn't recommend more highly.

Sent on 06/13/2017

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Pam! You were such a truly Gorgeous Bride! Just like bed everything about your Bridal look! Loved your family and friends ❤️ Truly a pleasure to be with you and make you all feel beautiful! I can't wait to see some pro pics from Jessica Ober Photography! Such a great day! I'm so grateful you chose LWB and please reach out if you need anything in the near future! Xx

Shirley · Married on 09/22/2016

Call well in advance to book your hair and makeup appointments. Lynda is very accomodating, professional and personable, my daughter and I loved working with her!

Sent on 09/26/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/18/2016

I have my makeup and hair done pretty frequently for hoopLA events, and I have never felt as beautiful as I did on my wedding day. It was the most incredible feeling and as I saw myself for the first time, I literally cried. I can’t thank Lynda Williams enough for making me feel so incredible and for bringing my vision to life. Lynda has a calming demeanor and really focused on me during the time I was in her chair. She communicated exactly what she was doing and I felt like I was in great hands the entire time she worked on me. My bridesmaids equally felt as beautiful and were so happy with how their hair and makeup came out too (some trying to keep their hair the next day). I highly recommend Lynda for any event where you want to feel confident and beautiful. I hope I get to work with her again soon.

Sent on 10/18/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 09/17/2016

Lynda was amazing! I had a specific look in mind that we worked on during the trial and I couldn't have been happier with the final result!

Sent on 02/02/2017

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much Liz! It was truly an honor to be with you all! Such an incredible day! I really loved be your hair and mu artist more than you know! Your so beautiful and I can't wait to see your pictures!!! Please send me some when you can! All my best to you both!!! Xo

Meg · Married on 09/09/2016

Working with Lynda was such a great experience! Lynda is a talented hair and make up artist who takes great pride in her work and her relationship with her clients. Lynda was patient and thorough listening to my vision and ensuring that my bridesmaids, mother and I were all completely happy with our looks! Lynda truly knows how to bring out the best beauty in anyone she works on. I received so many compliments on my hair and make up and felt so incredible comfortable and beautiful! What I loved most about Lynda was how calm and relaxing she made the morning of my wedding, keeping everyone on track and ensuring we weren't rushed. I would highly recommend working with Lynda! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Meg, you are a true gift! What an amazing day spent with beautiful people! I felt like part of your family! Loved working with you and all of your bridal party! Thank you for being such a beautiful person, inside and out! Xo

Catherine · Married on 08/12/2016

Lynda is fantastic! From the start she was really helpful and accommodating and took the time to have a long phone call with me to discuss ideas for my hair and make-up. Since I had to come from out of state for a trial and ended up planning it somewhat last-minute, she was really flexible about fitting me into her busy schedule! On my wedding day she and her team were wonderful and did hair and make up for me and my 9 bridesmaids. They made good time and got us out of there early enough so we would not be stressed. She did a fantastic job on both my hair and my make-up and was really a great consultant throughout the whole process! She was easy to work with, lovely to talk to, very calm and encouraging. I highly recommend!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Catherine! I'm so grateful that you chose us for your wedding! I can't wait to see your images! I still haven't seen you in your dress yet! Your truly beautiful and a joy to have worked with! I can't thank you enough! Wishing you both much love and happiness! Xoxo

Pamela · Married on 07/09/2016

Lynda was amazing! She was so flexible and easy to work with to set up a trial with and coordinate for day of hair and makeup. She also did a fantastic job with the actual hair and makeup for me and everyone else in my bridal party getting their hair and makeup done. I presented her with a very challenging request for my hair and she worked with me on it and got it absolutely perfect, which was definitely a feat! I would definitely recommend Lynda!

Sent on 10/16/2016

Jessica · Married on 07/02/2016

BOOK LYNDA! She is a dream. I have had my makeup done by a few makeup artists in the past and Lynda is by far the most talented, knowledgeable, pleasant, experienced, organized, and prepared. I have Melasma, a patchy, tan skin discoloration on my face, and not only was Lynda the only makeup artist to acknowledge it, she covered it perfectly without putting too much makeup on. I should also note that my skin is typically oily at the end of a long day, but the airbrush makeup that she used stayed matte for the entire evening (even after tons of dancing in the July heat)!

I met Lynda for the first time at my wedding makeup trial and knew right away that she was going to be great. She asked many questions to get to know me, my style, my everyday makeup look, the style of my dress, the decor for the wedding, etc. before getting started which really made me feel at ease. I was so happy with the outcome that I had Lynda do my hair and makeup for my engagement shoot and of course, she did my makeup (as well as my bridesmaids and mother who were all so happy with their results) for my wedding. I would've booked her for wedding hair too, but I had already booked my hairdresser of 12 years.

One more thing: I noticed she cleans her brushes often and uses disposable applicators for certain products - SUCH a relief for an OCD person like myself.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Jessica! I'm so grateful you found me! What a gorgeous day! You looked absolutely stunning and I loved your pup Lulu being there with us to celebrate! Xo

Nini · Married on 05/07/2016

Lynda did the hair and makeup for my bridal party and myself on May 7, 2016, and I cannot say enough great things about her. She and her team were absolutely fantastic. Lynda is punctual and very professional. She truly listens to the bride and can make her vision come to life. My hair and makeup trial went great with her, but on my wedding day she completely blew me away. My makeup was so tasteful, elegant, and natural (exactly what I asked for). All of my bridesmaids, mother, and mother in law were beyond thrilled with their looks. I found her pricing to be excellent, especially for the high quality services I received. I will recommend her to anyone and everyone that is in need of hair/makeup services. She is a great person and a true artist!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Kaila · Married on 04/16/2016

Lynda and her assistant did such beautiful work on the day of our wedding! They had a large group of us and still managed to get everyone in and out ahead of schedule while also coordinating with my makeup schedule for a few of the girls. We had a wide variety of hair types and styles and no one left disappointed. My own hair held up great the whole night, even after being tugged and brushed at by my veil. I am so happy with how my hair turned out, I felt so beautiful!

Sent on 05/04/2016

Hi Kaila
    I'm so happy you felt beautiful! I'm dying to see you in your dress! Please send photos when you can! Loved being a small part of your fun and amazing day! What a beautiful group of women! Please keep in touch! Xoxo

Amy · Married on 04/06/2016

Lynda was great to work with and I loved how I looked for my elopement! Booking a trial definitely helps get the perfect look on your wedding day.

Sent on 04/16/2016

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Amy! You looked stunning! It was a pleasure and honor to be a small part of you exciting day! All my best to you both! Xo
    Lynda

Meg · Married on 10/11/2015

Lynda did an absolutely amazing job with my hair and make-up on my wedding day on October 11, 2015.

She helped me stay calm and focused amidst all the chaos in my room that morning. She used her talent to magically transform me into a princess. I received so many compliments and felt very beautiful!

I want her thank her again for helping make our wedding a grand success. I would definitely recommend her to future brides.

~ Meg Hansen

Sent on 11/05/2015

Meg-
    You were such a sweet and beautiful bride to work with. I loved everything about your wedding look/style. I will always think of you whenever I see Breakfast at Tiffany's!
    Much love to you! Xo

Lynda is an incredibly professional and knowledgeable makeup artist, and I would highly recommend her to anyone in the RI area! She did the makeup for my best friend's wedding (the bride + 5 bridesmaids + the bride's hair) and did a truly amazing job on everyone! We all had very different complexions and skin tones, and Lynda seamlessly moved from one girl to the next, taking her time on each of us - we all looked stunning after she worked her magic!

She started by asking me a little bit about my normal makeup routine, the trouble areas with my skin and what I preferred for makeup (natural, glamorous, etc.) - and then went to town! She explained everything that she was applying as she was doing it and was incredibly patient with all my questions. My makeup turned out fabulous for the wedding - and held up perfectly in 85 degree heat and hours of dancing (and sweating!)!

A week or two after the event, I emailed Lynda with a few questions I had - she had done such an amazing job with my makeup that I wanted some tips to share with the makeup artist I was using for my own wedding a month later (my event was in NY and I had already hired another makeup artist - otherwise, I would have snatched Lynda for it!). She was able to recall everything she had used on my face and provided me with a complete list PLUS a number of tips! Lynda understands that a bride wants to feel beautiful and flawless on her wedding day, and she does everything in her power to make that happen. She really is the best of the best!

Sent on 09/09/2015

Jenna · Married on 09/19/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Lynda and her team. She is extremely responsive, professional and is truly talented in what she does. I had her do my hair and make-up for my wedding day, along with my bridesmaids and mother, and she sent multiple "prep emails" that helped prepare us for the big day. Whether it was what our hair should be (wet/dry/straight) the day of or how we can better prepare for the day to make sure it is stress free and runs smoothly, she really has thought of it all. You can tell she has done this for a long time, and it really showed in not only how happy I was with my hair/make-up, but also in how much my bridesmaids and mother loved what was done. I am very picky and opinionated when it comes to my hair (very thick, long hair), but Lynda was very calm and collected and made it look better than I imagined. Highly recommend Lynda Williams Beauty!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Jenna,

I absolutely am beeming as I read this! Thank you so much! You all were such a pleasure to know and an honor to be with! I can not wait to see your amazing photos! You looked absolutely stunning! Your so beautiful! xo

Lynda was wonderful to work with. I completed a trial for my wedding hair and makeup in the spring and later decided that I wanted to change the style of my hair for my wedding day. Although I didn't have time to come back for a second trial (I live in Manhattan and was planning a wedding in Bristol), I felt confident that she would be able to create the new look I was going for -- and I wasn't disappointed. She not only made sure that I felt incredibly beautiful, but she and Kim did an amazing job with my bridesmaids' hair. She made sure that we never felt rushed but kept us on schedule. Her tips beforehand made it easy to stay organized, which made the morning of the wedding that much more calm and relaxing. I've never felt more beautiful and I was blown away by the hairstyles she created for the girls. I
    highly recommend Lynda and I really was impressed by her skills!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Colleen · Married on 09/05/2015

Lynda was an amazing makeup artist to work with! From my first meeting with her to do my make-up trial to the wedding day to after the wedding, she has been a pleasure to work with. All of my girls loved her and have been interested in her makeup services after the wedding since she was so great the wedding day. She really took her time with each girl to make them feel comfortable and adapted to all our different skin types. Our makeup was beautiful and flawless and lasted the entire wedding day & night! I highly recommend Lynda and I'm so happy I found her for my wedding day. Thank you Lynda!

Sent on 11/22/2015

Colleen

I'm just thrilled you were so happy with your makeup! You were truly a stunning bride! Thank you for taking the time to write this great review for me. It really means a lot. I look forward to our make up lesson together soon. I can't wait to see your pictures ! You all were such a pleasure to work with I had a great day with you all ! What a beautiful group of ladies !
    All my best to you
    Xoxo

Chrissy · Married on 08/28/2015

I highly recommend hiring Lynda Williams for your hair and makeup services on your wedding day. Lynda is a kind soul with a great personality. I met with her three times during the wedding planning process to perfect my look prior to the big day. She was patient with my requests and helped guide me with decisions regarding my look. On the wedding day, Lynda and her assistant Kim showed up to my hotel room promptly and stayed on track with our timeline. They both demonstrated great communication with the bridal party and myself. They truly listened to everyone’s individual requests and suggestions. The hair and make up came out absolutely beautiful! I 100% recommend hiring Lynda Williams for your wedding day.

Sent on 10/04/2015

Lisa · Married on 08/15/2015

Lynda was absolutely wonderful to work with! From the start she was very responsive, flexible, and helpful in planning my look for my wedding. As an out of town bride she fit me into her schedule to do a hair/make up trial even though it was on a Friday in the middle of "busy wedding season". She was great to work with and encouraged me to make sure I had a look I was truly in love with and felt like the best version of myself. She did the make up for my 5 bridesmaids and mothers and everyone came out absolutely STUNNING!!! Lynda definitely knows how to match all different skin types, play up people’s best features and make them glow. She's also the best person I've ever had applying fake lashes. They looked so natural and perfectly in line on everyone who got them. She and her team also did a great job on hair. Everyone's hair stayed in place all night and they created a do specific to what each person requested. Honestly, I can't speak highly enough of Lynda and her team. They were great to have around all morning and made everyone look beautiful.

Sent on 10/01/2015

Jessica · Married on 08/09/2015

Lynda was wonderful to work with. She made myself and bridesmaids feel extremely comfortable. She worked quickly with a lot of talent on our hair. I also had Lynda do my makeup, which I usually don't wear any but lip gloss most days, and Lynda worked magic giving me the Less is more look I was searching for.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Jessica,

Thank you so much for this great review! I'm so grateful you were happy with our services. I especially loved meeting your son. He is super adorable! I wish you all the best!
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 07/11/2015

Lynda and her team were excellent! All the mothers and bridesmaids were happy with how their updos came out and they stayed put through heat and humidity through the night. I had a trial done with Lynda with one hairstyle, but ended up changing my mind a few days before my wedding, and she was totally understanding and flexible with doing a completely different updo. I was very happy with how it came out.

Sent on 08/26/2015

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Thank you Elizabeth! I'm so thrilled you were happy and we found your perfect style! You are truly a beautiful person! thanks again for taking the time to write a great review! Very grateful!
    Wishing you both a lifetime of love and happiness! Xo
    Ps I'd love some images whenever you can get them..

Nicole · Married on 06/27/2015

Lynda's amazing!!! As a bride she was there to make sure I got everything I wanted and she delivered! Loved meeting and working with her. She doesn't let you leave the chair unless your 100% happy.

Sent on 07/16/2015

Nicole,
    You are amazing! I really loved spending time together during the trial and the wedding day. You are so fun and so gorgeous! Thank you so much for writing this review...it really means a lot! Please send pics when you can! All my best! Xo

Ruth · Married on 04/18/2015

Lynda provided hair design services to my daughter and her wedding party at Whispering Pines in Rhode Island. Her bridesmaids come from around the country including New York City, Los Angeles and Washington, DC. They have sophisticated preferences and are all professionals. My daughter and each of her bridesmaids were really pleased with Lynda's services including her attention to each of their preferences, her professional style, her creativity and especially her attunement to each individual. Many guests have commented on the work Lynda did and even those just seeing the photos for the first time comment especially on my daughter's hair. It was classical and artistic at the same time and extremely flattering. She understood just what my daughter wanted. I was struck with the way Lynda put everyone at ease and worked quietly and efficiently in the crazy, excited atmosphere of wedding preparations. She was a pleasure to work with and is very accomplished as a stylist. I recommend her highly.

Sent on 05/04/2015

Lynda Williams Beauty's reply:

Ruth, thank you so much for this wonderful review! We love what we do and are so honored to have had a small part in Andrea's day! This means so much! Thank you! Xo

Andrea · Married on 04/18/2015

Lynda was amazing! I'd be happy to send you photos of my hair and bridesmaids hair which is absolutely stunning. I wanted a romantic, yet classy look and showed her some photos I found on pinterest - I swear my hair looked better than any of the photos I found. Everyone commented on how great my hairdo was and my bridesmaids looked gorgeous. I was also blown away how FAST she was. I think myself and four bridesmaids were done in like 2 hours or something crazy. This meant a lot to me since I didn't want to be holed up in my room getting ready for 8 hours. Pricing was great and she was willing to come out to the venue (even though it was pretty far), which was super helpful. I can't recommend Lynda highly enough - you will look GORGEOUS.

Sent on 05/17/2015

Andrea

Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm so pleased you were happy and felt beautiful! That is my ultimate goal for you and all my brides! I loved working with your makeup friends too! I'm so grateful to have met you all! I wish you both a lifetime of happiness together!
    Ps. I'd love more pictures! Xoxo

Pamela · Married on 11/15/2014

Lynda and her staff were great! I got married in Newport, RI and Lynda came to my suite at the Inn I was staying at. She did the hair and makeup for myself as well as my teenaged daughter and step daughter. We all looked fabulous!! Lynda and her assistant were punctual, well prepared and very friendly. I would definitely recommend Formal Hair and Makeup Design to future brides!!

Sent on 01/11/2015