Lydia Mountain Lodge & Log Cabins Reviews

Emilie · Married on 07/12/2014

3.4
      2.5
      2.0

Lydia Mountain Lodge is a great place to get married because it is so beautiful and convenient. The price is great, and it was nice to be able to reserve cabins onsite for guests to stay in. The manager was very nice while showing us the site initially, but soon after we signed the contract she became more distant and hard to get information from. She seems very busy and focused on only one wedding at a time, and so does not remember much about your event until it is the weekend of. There were a few issues concerning booking of the cabins (i.e. double booking and allowing guests to book outside of our reservation, which means you could lose deposits on cabins). And she had a very hard time keeping track of which reservations were for the wedding, and getting specific names for each cabin.
    There are a lot of gnats on the site, and we did spray the entire lawn by the pavilion and it seemed to only help minimally. However, the guests seemed to appreciate the beauty of the area and not be too bothered.
    The cabins are beautiful and have everything you need, although the area is pretty secluded and there is not much in the way of shopping (apart from Walmart) nearby.
    The pavilion includes lots of extra supplies (tables, lights, etc) that can be used by anyone, and there is a huge commercial kitchen which is helpful to caterers.
    Overall it was a great place to get married but the manager is difficult to work with sometimes.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/03/2017

3.2
      3.0

I had my wedding and rehersal dinenr at Lydia's Mountain Pavillion last Friday June 2 and Saturday June 3rd.

The view is absolutely amazing and everyone did truely enjoy their stay. Tina was very responsive, but I wish there was a more automated process for booking cabins.

Also, my Aunt and Uncle and Cousins rented the Vineyard House, and it was advertized with a hot tub, but the hot tub was out of order. They were truely looking forward to that. When my Aunt called, the person who answered told her that writing a review will not be helpful, and there's no way they would get any nights comped or any of their money back. So that was a disapointment.

Also, our contract stated that we needed to have the pavillion and site cleaned up fully by Sunday June 4th at 11AM, however while we were cleaning up, one of the staff members rudely approached my new husband and told him that we had to be out by 10AM.

I also asked one of the workers on site to remove a branch from the roof of the pavilion as there were children around, and it was hanging near the end. Unfortunately they said they would take care of it, but never did.

Other than that I would recommend this venue to anyone who is doing a DIY wedding.

Thanks!
    Amanda

Sent on 06/07/2017

Lydia Mountain Lodge & Log Cabins's reply:

We wanted to respond that we were able to compensate the guests for the hot tub issue at one of the private owned cabins. Also, we had another group coming in on Sunday morning and the 11 am check out is only if no one is coming in for another function. Staff tried to be on hand to help with this process. We appreciate every guest and bride at Lydia Mountain!

2.8
      2.5

Beautiful venue, terrible customer service. The manager is rude and not good at responding. But again, the venue is wonderful and they offer over 25 log cabins that you and your guests can rent out ranging from 1 bedroom to 4 bedrooms. Most have fireplaces and hot tubs.

Sent on 08/09/2014

Alina · Married on 09/02/2017

2.4
      2.0

Great venue with caveats::: The venue was perfect for our rustic mountain wedding, even on a cooler, rainy, September day. We didn't get to use the overlook which provides a GORGEOUS view of the mountains but our wedding fit comfortably in the pavilion. Highlights- great for do it yourself, free running, on a tight budget couples. They also have cabins walking distance to the ceremony site and reception site. Downsides- if you want ANY help prior to your wedding, forget it. Getting emails back with helpful responses is like pulling teeth. They DO NOT ADVERTISE a pet fee in the cabins. The cabins are a little pricey. So when I say hands off... I mean it to the extreme. But at least our wedding LOOKED beautiful and we were able to have the vendors we wanted.

Sent on 09/06/2017

1.4
      1.0

I found the staff to be very unprofessional and unresponsive. I competed the request for more information on their website, and did not receive anything back. I followed up with a call to the property manager, Tina, and could tell my call was an inconvenience to her. And she continued to say that the prefers to communicate via text-absolutely unprofessional. We looked past these issues at the beginning and decided to still tour the venue. BIG MISTAKE! A worker showed up smoking a cigarette and wasn't able to answer most of our questions. I would not recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 11/16/2015

Lydia Mountain Lodge & Log Cabins's reply:

We are happy to respond via email, telephone, social media or any other form of communication. All are equally agreeable with us in the fast pace world that we all live in these days. We do respond to every caller and inquiry within twenty four hours. We don't mind last minute requests for tours as all staff lives close by. Our website and our many happy brides can certainly certify our desire to create a lovely rustic chic wedding that can be remembered for years to come! All the best in your search for the perfect fit for your special day - thanks, Tina - Lydia Mtn MGR
  • Makeda

Makeda D. · Married on 05/23/2020

Horrible commmunicators

PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY. We were originally supposed to get married there in 2020, which of course was cancelled and later postponed. They were extremely rude and unhelpful in a very difficult time (our wedding being cancelled due to a pandemic!!!). No money was returned! They were impossible to get hold of and basically said better luck next time. Even after all of this we decided to set a later date in 2021 at Lydia Mountain... which we soon regretted. A few weeks later we decided to just get married in 2020 in a small ceremony and our start our life! we immediately contacted lydia mountain saying that moving to a later date was something we no longer wanted to do and to please stop charging our cards for the venue/cabins. They finally agreed after months (to not charge us the FULL amount). Today we were charged more random fees!!!!!! WEEKS AFTER THEY SAID THEY WOULD STOP. This place is extremely frustrating and im so thankful I did not let them host my wedding, would've been a nightmare!!

Sent on 06/14/2021