22 Reviews for Lydia Mountain Lodge & Log Cabins

Uncovered Outdoor (4)
Accommodations (4)
Indoor (1)
22 Lydia Mountain Lodge & Log Cabins Reviews

Lydia Mountain Pavilion was the most beautiful venue for an amazing budget price!!!! The choice to have the Pavilion for your use from Friday to Sunday at 11 am was so convenient. My daughter had a Cookout for rehearsal dinner on Friday September 9, 2016. You can come early Friday morning and decorate!!!!! If you have forgotten anything, you have time to get it and finish up the last final touches. The Pavilion is not air conditioned, the kitchen is......once you put the sides of the building up, you get a great breeze, with the ceiling fans. The view for pictures is AMAZING!!!!!! We had games outside, cornhole, etc and a little photo booth. Everything was perfect. The one major thing I would suggest is if you rent the Pavilion and want to stay in one of the cabins that are close to the Pavilion, so you and your guests and wedding party can walk home that evening, MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS AT THE TIME YOU RESERVE THE PAVILION, THEY GO FAST!

Profile Picture User7205507, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths

My daughter was recently married at the Lydia Mountain Chapel and celebrated her wedding at the Lydia Mountain Barn. The small stone chapel was absolutely beautiful. The barn is just a few miles away from the chapel making it easy for everyone to transfer to the reception. The barn is located at a beautiful location - the photographer was able to get breathtaking pictures of the couple, wedding party and guests with the mountains in the background. There was also a horse barn in front of the venue which was perfect scenery for the photographer to work with. One of the horses even accommodated the photographer by coming to the split rail fence to pose with the couple. The barn had several roll up doors which were perfect. We were able to open the doors and let the night breeze lend to the ambiance of the reception. My pre-teen and teenage nieces were all so inspired by the chapel and barn that they have decided their weddings will be at Lydia Mountain as well. My daughter had her fairy tale wedding at the chapel and barn. I highly recommend this venue!

Profile Picture Theresa, 7/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at Lydia Mountain and had friends and family staying in 11 of the cabins and it was exactly what we wanted. We had the rehearsal dinner and reception in the pavilion and it was beautiful and private! They were so great to work with as I was constantly changing and moving things around and they took care of it quickly! We had a great mini-destination wedding with our friends and family. Loved it!

Profile Picture Cassie, 7/25/15, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations

Great price for a wedding venue! GORGEOUS!!! The view was impeccable and breath taking! Tina and her staff were extremely hospitable and helpful! I whole heartedly recommend Lydia Mountain as a wedding venue for both the ceremony and reception! It is my husband and I's new favorite place and we can't wait to rent a cabin there for our one year anniversary!

Profile Picture Felicia, 7/5/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot imagine a more perfect place for a wedding than Lydia Mountain. The views are breathtaking. The kitchen is a caterers dream. The stage at the pavillion makes a perfect spot for a DJ to set up. We rented cabin 10 and 11. These cabins are very spacious and easily accommodated the wedding party. The cabins are close enough for the girls and boys to visit on rehearsal night, yet secluded enough to keep the bride and groom separate on the wedding day. The cabins, pavillion and beautiful views everywhere you look can keep a photographer busy for hours. I cannot think of anything that would have made this a more perfect place for my daughter to get married. Thank You Bruce "Buck" Shifflett for creating such a wonderful place! Thanks also to the staff at Lydia Mountain for everything that made this a perfect day for our family.

Profile Picture Dawn, 6/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't even begin to tell you how perfect our wedding day was! Lydia's is such a big part of us and our story that I couldn't have imagined taking this next step in our lives anywhere else! A special thank you to Tina for answering my million and one questions :) We really enjoyed our honeymoon at Mountain Paradise, and we cannot wait until our next visit to the mountain!

Profile Picture Julie, 10/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding here last weekend.. and it was so magical. The venue is beautiful- we decorated it minimally with flowers and candles, but it did not need much. The mountain views were perfect. We were married right at dusk and the lighting was incredible with the sun just beginning to set behind us. We rented the pavilion for two days so we didn't have to clean the night of the wedding AND we had a family brunch in the venue the next morning. It was a great way to spend time with family that we were barely able to see during all of the beautiful chaos of the wedding.
The night before the wedding, a wind storm ripped through the area (Hurricane Matthew) and that morning the venue had no power and the pergola we were supposed to be married under was knocked over. Luckily, the kitchen runs on gas, so even if the power had not come back on, the catering crew would have been able to cook the food anyway! The Lydia Mountain crew was so helpful- they kept us informed about the power outage and fixed the pergola as soon as they could.
I think even with out power, we could have managed with candles and the fireplace. It would have been very romantic... but I'm also very happy for the power :) The venue easily supported the 150 guests that we had and the huge propane heaters kept us nice and warm on a cool fall night.
The space is very DIY friendly- BYOB and the Lydia mountain crew stays out of your hair. I felt like we had total reign over the place and were able to make our own decisions- no strange regulations. The caterers were able to use the commercial kitchen, they did bring up extra grills to cook on though. We were also able to rent the table cloths through Lydia mountain which was great! They were all there ready for us on the day of.
I can't say enough about Lydia Mountain. Great Cabin accommodations for my family and friends, kind interactions with the staff and I would do it all over again here if I could.
Hilary (& Matt!)

Profile Picture hilary, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations

This is a great venue for an outdoor wedding! The cabins are excellent, clean and have great amenities like full kitchen, hot tubs and more. The pavilion is a great venue for a rustic outdoors feel. We also were able to choose where on the grounds we would like to have the ceremony and we chose a spot with a great mountain view. In the spring the dogwoods and redbuds decorate for you. Upon request they mowed the area we wanted to have our ceremony since it was not their typically used spot. We also got to invite our guests to go mountain tubing the morning before the wedding which was a big hit with our guests who stayed the weekend in the cabins. I felt that Tina (the property manager) was friendly and professional. She answered our many calls, allowed us to come to the property multiple times for pre-wedding planning and quickly returned our calls. I would recommend calling vs emailing for a faster response time. The rest of the staff was just as friendly and helpful. It was the perfect place to have an outdoor ceremony with an "indoor" reception, we also had yard games and they provide wood for bon fires for s'mores. It was awesome!!! my husband would like to add that he took his groomsmen on an ATV tour the day of the wedding and they had a GREAT time!

Profile Picture Megan, 4/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I recently got married at Lydia Mountain Lodge and I LOVED IT! The spring is a beautiful time to get married, the dogwoods and redbuds were in bloom and decorated for us. Tina, the manager, is very responsive and allowed to us to come to the property on several occasions for pre-wedding planning. I would recommend calling instead of email for a quicker response time. The rest of the staff was also very helpful and friendly. We opted for the 2 hours of mountain tubing the day of the wedding and it was a BIG hit! The cabins are very nice and clean and all of our guests who chose to rent a cabin loved them. One thing to note there is no ice maker, so bring ice! We were able to choose to get married anywhere on the property and the staff was nice enough to mow the area with a mountain view that is not typically used as their ceremony site for us. The outdoor area is gorgeous and the pavillion makes for a great indoor venue as well. We used the heaters and our guests were kept comfortable. We also were able to build a fire with wood that the property provides for our guests to make their own smores and we used the lawn next to the pavillion for yard games like cornhole and ladder ball. All in all if you want a venue with a laid back feel and beautiful view with friendly staff this is the site for you!

Profile Picture Megan, 4/20/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I love this venue! The views are absolutely breath taking! We got an excellent deal having our wedding on a Monday, we got the pavilion for 2 days/2nights along with a cabin. I read many people didnt like that they email or text, but thats my preferred form of communication and they are quick to email you back. They have almost all the rentals you need and they are a deal! My wedding is 2 and a half weeks away and I just can not wait!!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/3/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Accommodations, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor

We were searching for a do it yourself venue with enough lodging for our 100 guests in the mountains - and Lydia was exactly that. We were able to hold events in the Pavilion all weekend, and it was such a beautiful and intimate way to start our marriage. The cabins were cozy but modern. We definitely would recommend Lydia to anyone looking for a relaxed and personal wedding!

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/12/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations

Lydia's is a beautiful location! The scenery is amazing and set the perfect back-drop for my wedding. When reserving the venue it is set up like an a la carte menu. You can buy/rent almost anything you want. You also can have as little as you want. The management is pretty responsive and are good about answering questions. It was an overall great venue that was a great location for the perfect day.

Profile Picture Laura, 6/11/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor
4.2

I recently had my wedding at lydia mountain last weekend in the pavilion. As a bride I can say that this venue is beautiful and allowed me to create my perfect DIY alacarte wedding with the food and drink servings and decor of my choice. That was the best part. Be advised though that it really is a do it yourself and staff here does not really help you with anything unless you pay them an hourly rate to send helpers to do so. The coordinator Tina was overall very helpful although check for honesty when you book because I was shown and advertised that all the cabins within walking distance of the pavilion were able to be utilized for family and friends and getting ready. I booked this venue a year in advance and immediately asked for a hold on all cabins within walking distance to the venue and was told they were already booked. They had rented them all out to the bride Using the barn for her wedding and falsely advertised I could have them and they were available when they were not. I had to drive 15 minutes up and down the mountain to get to the venue itself from the other cabins they had available which is fine for family but not a bride who is getting ready on a time crunch. Overall though this venue was gorgeous and my photos are amazing. As a couple who saved and searched for the perfect venue for 2 years and paid for it ourselves I would suggest you bring someone else with you when you go to book who has booked a wedding before just to make sure you are advertised to correctly. Again, overall though I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful wedding. They get 4 stars from me!

Profile Picture User7150874, Recently Married, 2 Reviews
4.2

Lydia's Barn is a simple, but beautiful venue with stellar views of the mountains! The staff is easygoing and pretty hands-off, which is great if you are looking to be independent with your wedding set-up. We liked being able to use all of our own vendors, and enjoyed the flexibility of the space itself. We would recommend Lydia's Barn to any of our friends looking for a scenic wedding venue that doesn't break the bank.

Profile Picture Becca, 5/7/17, 2 Reviews
4.1

This is the perfect place to get married. We have been going here for years and years. I wish I could rate it higher, but I think the cost for the venue is a bit steep, cinsidering that's the only thing you are getting for the price. We rented out all the cabins on the mountain and were surprised when we didn't get even a little discount. Some guests mentioned they were given a bit of a run-around when booking, but I haven't experienced that at all. There were a couple errors with pricing, but i think it's understandable with the how many people booked cabins and we also made a couple changes to the reservation, so it wasn't a big deal. Tina is wonderful and even sent me a couple sweet texts to make sure I was doing ok prior to the big day. the staff is very nice and helpful. They have always been wonderful to us.

Profile Picture User3775459, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It is a beautiful place and was perfect for our families who were all from out of town (and needed lodging). I highly recommend that if you need to use the Pavilion kitchen for any meal, just check that the appliances work before you need to use them. We needed the ovens for the rehearsal dinner and one had trouble lighting, but they were super prompt to fix it. Overall it was a great experience. tina and her crew are super helpful and the scenery and cabins are stunning. A little bit of adventure and romance wrapped in one here at Lydia.

Profile Picture User4430007, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
3.4

Lydia Mountain Lodge is a great place to get married because it is so beautiful and convenient. The price is great, and it was nice to be able to reserve cabins onsite for guests to stay in. The manager was very nice while showing us the site initially, but soon after we signed the contract she became more distant and hard to get information from. She seems very busy and focused on only one wedding at a time, and so does not remember much about your event until it is the weekend of. There were a few issues concerning booking of the cabins (i.e. double booking and allowing guests to book outside of our reservation, which means you could lose deposits on cabins). And she had a very hard time keeping track of which reservations were for the wedding, and getting specific names for each cabin.
There are a lot of gnats on the site, and we did spray the entire lawn by the pavilion and it seemed to only help minimally. However, the guests seemed to appreciate the beauty of the area and not be too bothered.
The cabins are beautiful and have everything you need, although the area is pretty secluded and there is not much in the way of shopping (apart from Walmart) nearby.
The pavilion includes lots of extra supplies (tables, lights, etc) that can be used by anyone, and there is a huge commercial kitchen which is helpful to caterers.
Overall it was a great place to get married but the manager is difficult to work with sometimes.

Profile Picture Emilie, 7/12/14, 4 Reviews
3.3

I had my wedding and rehersal dinenr at Lydia's Mountain Pavillion last Friday June 2 and Saturday June 3rd.

The view is absolutely amazing and everyone did truely enjoy their stay. Tina was very responsive, but I wish there was a more automated process for booking cabins.

Also, my Aunt and Uncle and Cousins rented the Vineyard House, and it was advertized with a hot tub, but the hot tub was out of order. They were truely looking forward to that. When my Aunt called, the person who answered told her that writing a review will not be helpful, and there's no way they would get any nights comped or any of their money back. So that was a disapointment.

Also, our contract stated that we needed to have the pavillion and site cleaned up fully by Sunday June 4th at 11AM, however while we were cleaning up, one of the staff members rudely approached my new husband and told him that we had to be out by 10AM.

I also asked one of the workers on site to remove a branch from the roof of the pavilion as there were children around, and it was hanging near the end. Unfortunately they said they would take care of it, but never did.

Other than that I would recommend this venue to anyone who is doing a DIY wedding.

Thanks!
Amanda

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Amanda, 6/3/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor
2.9

Beautiful venue, terrible customer service. The manager is rude and not good at responding. But again, the venue is wonderful and they offer over 25 log cabins that you and your guests can rent out ranging from 1 bedroom to 4 bedrooms. Most have fireplaces and hot tubs.

Profile Picture User3707640, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
2.4

Great venue with caveats::: The venue was perfect for our rustic mountain wedding, even on a cooler, rainy, September day. We didn't get to use the overlook which provides a GORGEOUS view of the mountains but our wedding fit comfortably in the pavilion. Highlights- great for do it yourself, free running, on a tight budget couples. They also have cabins walking distance to the ceremony site and reception site. Downsides- if you want ANY help prior to your wedding, forget it. Getting emails back with helpful responses is like pulling teeth. They DO NOT ADVERTISE a pet fee in the cabins. The cabins are a little pricey. So when I say hands off... I mean it to the extreme. But at least our wedding LOOKED beautiful and we were able to have the vendors we wanted.

Profile Picture Alina, 9/2/17, 5 Reviews
1.4

I found the staff to be very unprofessional and unresponsive. I competed the request for more information on their website, and did not receive anything back. I followed up with a call to the property manager, Tina, and could tell my call was an inconvenience to her. And she continued to say that the prefers to communicate via text-absolutely unprofessional. We looked past these issues at the beginning and decided to still tour the venue. BIG MISTAKE! A worker showed up smoking a cigarette and wasn't able to answer most of our questions. I would not recommend this venue to anyone.

View Vendor Response