Lutz Entertainment Reviews

Lutz Entertainment 1
Lutz Entertainment 2
Lutz Entertainment 3

Priscila · Married on 02/01/2011

Jimmy was the best DJ ever! He met with us a couple of times to make sure everything was perfect for our wedding day. He has such a talent at reading couples and knows exactly what they like. He is very professional and reliable, and is always available to answer any questions you may have. On our wedding day, everyone was on the dance floor all night! He knew exactly what to play to keep up the energy and keep everyone dancing and having a good time. We received a lot of compliments from our guests and will recommend him to everyone we know!

Sent on 09/30/2011

Heather · Married on 10/16/2010

ROCK THE WEDDING!

We wanted a Deejay that would not take any requests not play any line dances and that would keep our guests on the dance floor all night long.Jimmy exceeded our expectations. He totally got our vision and love for different genres of music and made it happen. He even extended a version of He'll Make Me happy from the Muppets take Manhattan for my bridal party to walk down the aisle to.Our guests NEVER left the dance floor actually we couldn't keep them off the dance floor during dinner which was fine with us!Numerous people came up to me during the wedding and said he was the best Deejay ever.Jimmy takes a special interest in his clients and really becomes your friend though out the planning process and therefore makes your event that much better because he knows you.I would recommend him for any party or event and we definitely look forward to using him again!

Sent on 10/02/2011

Meghan · Married on 04/14/2010

We couldn't have picked a better person to DJ our wedding. At first, I decided to use Jimmy simply because I had a good feel from him on our first phone conversation. He made it clear that he was not cheesy, open to any music suggestions/songs that my fiance and I wanted, and was flexible with pricing. Since then he was quick to respond and when he did he was thorough. When meeting with Jimmy prior to our wedding, he made sure to really "get" the type of music that my fiance and I were into. He was funny and accepting and really KNEW music for the different moments that would be happening at our wedding. While creating a list of songs that we wanted played, he was also able to suggest songs while even giving me a background on the artist and how/why they wrote that song. During the wedding Jimmy not only used our playlist but added in his own touch that was EXACTLY our style and EXACTLY on point for what would work well with our guests. There wasn't a single moment that only a few people were on the dance floor. Jimmy was a pleasure to work with and we received many nice compliments about what a good job he did and what a nice guy he is. I would highly recommend using his services and know that you will be just as pleased as we were.

Sent on 07/20/2011
  • mooky

Jillian · Married on 10/12/2008

We had an odd mix of guests. The groom's family is very conservative, and they don't dance. Anything the least bit suggestive in lyrics would be offensive. My family wants to get drunk and party hardy. We spoke with Jimmy about this ahead of time, and we found a great balance by playing primarily Oldies. The music themes were appropriate for everyone, but the beat was lively enough for dancing. It was a great solution. I counted on Jimmy to approve or decline any songs that were requested during the night, based on their appropriateness for our more conservative guests. He handled requests for "Baby Got Back" from my college friends with grace. It was great knowing that was taken care of, leaving my groom and me to focus on enjoying our time with friends and family.

Another thing I really appreciated about working with Jimmy was his great organization skills. When we met to interview him, he had a formal contract and later gave us a worksheet to fill out with all the details of what we needed, plus a couple song lists. I'm a person who loves organization and it helped me rest assured that my DJ wasn't going to forget something.

Jimmy and his assistant showed professionalism and flexibility on our wedding day, and we were thrilled that we found Lutz Entertainment. Not to mention, their price was fantastic for the great service they provided.

Sent on 03/18/2009

Jillian · Married on 06/24/2016

Planning our music was probably the most fun we had during the wedding planning! We had Jimmy sing and play acoustic guitar during our ceremony, and DJ for the reception. He really put us at ease, and was a perfectionist about making sure our ceremony music and reception intro/first dance songs started and ended in the best possible places. He was even kind enough during the reception to grab his guitar and play a song my mother in law requested that she did not get to hear during our ceremony, even though his equipment had been packed up by then. He also gave special recognition to two friends during the anniversary song, as they happen to share our wedding date and coincidentally had Jimmy DJ for their wedding a few years ago. Jimmy is not your typical "obnoxious" DJ - he cares about what he does, and being both a musician and a DJ makes him very unique. Pick him and you will be in very capable hands!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Jessica · Married on 08/28/2015

Jimmy was wonderful to work with! He always answered me right away when I had a question and helped us create a wonderful atmosphere for our wedding. He was excellent to work with and would recommend him to all!

Sent on 09/08/2015

Lincoln · Married on 09/06/2014

Jimmy DJ'ed our wedding at Mountainview Manor in Glen Spey, NY and was absolutely fantastic. He came recommended to us by the venue and we set up a Skype interview. He was very fun and excited about the ideas we had, praising us for going beyond what people had asked for in the past. We emailed back and forth some Dos and Don'ts, all of which he loved. We Skyped again before the wedding to iron things out and he played different music and genres for us and we shared specific songs we had from our own libraries. By the end of the session, we were all giddy and so excited. We knew we'd made the right choice.
    He showed up to the venue right on time, set everything up seamlessly while we took photos. The ceremony music got the waterworks going immediately (my wife walked to "This is Love" from Cinderella. I was a mess) and he played "Power of Love" after we were announced as a couple (which he also loved). He played film scores and soundtracks during the cocktail hour - which no less than 5 people stopped me to compliment ("Did you just have the theme from 'Jurassic Park' at your wedding?!"). He and I also arranged a surprise dance number with myself and my groomsmen for my wife during the reception. He played the theme from "Ghostbusters" at dinner and EVERYONE sang along. He played two songs I specifically requested for my in-laws and even replayed the song we danced to later in the evening because so many people asked us to do the full dance ("That's What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction from "Just Dance 4". It was awesome and it's on You Tube). He played a perfect mix of pop hits and classic rock and oldies. There wasn't a single moment when there wasn't someone on the dance floor. Grandmas and 11 year old cousins and everyone in between. It was so much fun and we got so many compliments. I couldn't recommend him enough. I want him to DJ my life.

Sent on 09/20/2014

Christopher · Married on 09/08/2013

Jimmy lives up to all the comments and feedback people have given him in the past, which is nothing but stellar service, flexibility, professionalism, and a great person to work with. Jimmy is a really personable, fun-loving, cool guy who has worked with just about every type of couple and is very familiar with all types of music. But just don't be one of those couples that knows this obscure band with only 100 followers and expect him to own the album! ha!

We met with Jimmy twice and he was so gracious and giving of his time, his knowledge, and was super flexible with the song list I gave him. He was already familiar with our reception venue, The Grandview, so was very familiar with the ballroom, how they usually do service, and vouched for their service. So we immediately felt comfortable with his experience and the order of service they usually do there.

We told Jimmy originally, we don't want a DJ that tells people what to do during the reception - clap, dance, get closer, sing along, wave your hands, and all that nonsense. I gave Jimmy a set song list free for him to mix and choose from, and he was fine with that. Totally flexible to do what we wanted and understood this was about us and not his show because he was playing music and had the mic. He is also a musician, so knew not to just play a horrible beat underneath great songs to put his own spin on things and do terrible transitions. He was professional, only spoke when it was appropriate, and gave the night a great flow, made all our guests and family very welcome and comfortable the whole night. He was a great emcee and announced everyone's names correctly. We got to run through the entire reception program with him before the day of and he just did such a great job.

If you're looking for a Hudson Valley DJ, look no further! Jimmy is the best, no nonsense guy! Sorry this has been long overdue Jimmy! And thanks so much again! We just celebrated our one year!

Sent on 09/10/2014

Colin · Married on 06/04/2011

4.9 out of 5 may seem inflated, but Jimmy was just that great. He is extremely professional, very easy to work with, responds to emails and phone messages promptly, and does it all with a smile. Several people attending my wedding made comments not only about how much they liked the music, but also how much they liked the DJ specifically. I would wholeheartedly recommend Jimmy Lutz for any wedding in a heartbeat.

Additionally, my wife and I had trouble deciding what song we wanted for our first dance. We asked Jimmy, who then provided us with several suggestions based on music style. We chose one of Jimmy's and it worked wonderfully.

Sent on 06/20/2011

Melinda · Married on 09/23/2011

Jimmy was awesome and in a time of need he came through. He was well aware of what we needed and knew what type of music our crowd wanted. It rained all day during our wedding so that lead to a hectic crowd and a wet one. Jimmy was able to keep everyone focused and everyone dancing. That was a huge task!!! Thanks Jimmy! He is awesome and I recommend him to everyone. He was attentive and focused.

Sent on 10/02/2011

Christina · Married on 10/15/2016

Was great! Would totally recommend!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Melissa · Married on 08/18/2018

3.0
      3.0

Not what I expected.

So where do I start. I hired Jimmy early on in the process cause my date was filling fast. He was very nice, cordial, quirky funny/dry humor, attentive, and responds fast. Those are all the positives about him. The day before the wedding I'm going over song selections with him and music genres I want played. I also told him I made a long list of songs that he can play at the wedding. I told him not in that order but if he's on the genre and wants to add in one of the ones on my list it's ok. Ok great. Come wedding day, ceremony recorded music is great, cocktail hour I can't tell you cause I was inside eating with my husband and taking off my veil. Reception comes and he is all over with the music. Plays 2 songs in one genre then jumps to a totally different genre. No smooth transition. To the point that no one danced. I was like wth is going on. I went to him and said it gotta stay on one genre for a few songs then smooth change. Sorry, but I shouldn't tell you how to do your job. Then I guess one of my guests requested a song and he told them no one is allowed to make requests as per the bride and that he is scared of getting beat up. I can tell you now we did not go over that. I would have said yes to allow it cause I have been to multiple weddings and have made suggestions cause it makes people happy that their suggestions matter. Anyways, I found out he said this through my sister because she came to me surprised and I went back to him and again said to do something about this music. Again, nothing was done. No one danced. I even tried dancing to get people to dance. Didn't happen. I also never told him I knew about that comment he made. Whether he meant it or not, it's not something you say to a guest about the bride. So unprofessional. Lastly, the icing to the cake was when I was doing the cutting the cake ceremony. Someone told him they were going to do it and he played very quiet music I could barely hear. Then after the ceremony is done, he plays my song that I wanted to be played DURING the ceremony. Yeh that was the last straw. I laughed. I looked at my clock and let him go. I would rather no music than whatever he was playing. Moral of this review is for everyone: listen to someone's playlist before hiring, don't go with the cheapest cause you get what you paid for, give your song selections earlier than the day before, and don't bother making a list of songs you like cause that is all he will play in whatever crazy order you wrote it down while listening to Spotify..

Sent on 10/15/2018

Christine · Married on 04/07/2018

0.5
      0.5
      2.0
      1.0

Horrible!!! I hired him to Dj my daughter ' s wedding on April 7,2018. He had absolutely no clue how to play music for everyone! Had to speak to him several times. Everyone complained all night! He had a very bad attitude about it . He played absolutely bnibsliw dances. Barely opened his mouth! Do not hire!

Sent on 04/08/2018