Lutz Entertainment Reviews

Lutz Entertainment 1
Lutz Entertainment 2
Lutz Entertainment 3

Sarah · Married on 06/10/2012

My husband and I recently had Jim Lutz as the DJ at our wedding. He was amazing. There was not one negative thing said about him or his work. Everyone had a spectacular time and danced the night away. As advertised, there is no cheesiness at all involved in his work and he was as least intrusive as I could have imagined possible. I loved working with him and he made everything very easy and stress free for us, including working with our very difficult schedule and eclectic taste in music.

Sent on 07/01/2012

christina · Married on 06/09/2012

Jimmy was amazing. He provided ceremony music, cocktail hour music and DJ'd our reception, and we really couldn't be happier with our decision to work with him. He really took the time to listen to us about our preferences in music and about what we wanted our wedding to feel like. Jimmy kept everyone on the dance floor all night; he is so talented at reading the crowd and picking the perfect songs to play. By the time the reception was supposed to end, the dance floor was still packed and we ended up having him and his assistant Alex stay an extra half hour, and even at that no one was ready to leave!! On top of all that, he is such a nice and down-to-earth guy. Definitely recommend Lutz Entertainment!

Sent on 06/25/2012

Jenny · Married on 06/08/2012

We can't thank Jimmy enough for all that he did for us at our wedding three weeks ago...his music was awesome!! He met with us, played some songs for us, worked with us to make the right music choices for our special day, and always responded to any questions in an efficient manner (almost immediately). He made us feel comfortable & confident that we were in the right hands. People were very impressed with his singing & playing acoustic guitar during the ceremony & cocktail hour...and then we just loved his DJ skills as well! Jimmy was able to "read" the guests, keep them dancing, and give everyone a good time! He made our day just perfect! We could not have chosen any better...& were so glad to work with him!
    It has been a true pleasure...from the very first meeting through our final dance "Red Solo Cup" at the end!

Sent on 06/26/2012

Stephanie · Married on 06/02/2012

Our wedding this past weekend was amazing and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ! Jimmy was so easy to work with and not only did he give us great suggestions but he also listened to us and really got to know our music preferences. Everything he played was based on what my husband and I wanted! Jimmy was also a lot of fun to work with, and my husband and I knew right away that we had found the perfect DJ for our wedding. We have no complaints! Thank you so much Jimmy!!!

Sent on 06/05/2012

Casey · Married on 05/28/2012

Jimmy was an excellent DJ with a great sense of what type of music should be played during the right time. THe music selection was excelllent and everyone was able to dance the entire night because of him. He did a great job and we truly recommend Jimmy to anyone who is need of his services.

Sent on 06/29/2012
  • Rachel W.

Rachel · Married on 05/27/2012

Jimmy was awesome at our wedding. Our wedding had a number of diverse people with very different tastes in music. I advised Jimmy that the goal was for everyone to recognize and love at least a couple of songs.
    I think he hit the nail on the head. One person commented that he would remember this wedding because the music didn't suck!
    Jimmy played the songs we requested, but still managed to play songs that were fun and upbeat and everyone loved it. Ours was a small wedding, so the dance floor wasn't crowded, but there were always people on it having a great time.
    Also, Jimmy is a very laid-back guy, very easygoing and friendly, and he was really outstanding.

Sent on 06/01/2012

Theresa · Married on 05/11/2012

Jimmy was an absolutely amazing DJ. My husband and I feel truly lucky to have selected him for our wedding. All the guests were out on the dance floor, and we were all having such an amazing time. There were so many times when someone would come up to me to tell me how great the music was or how much fun they were having. People raved about him and his assistant. He really knew how to motivate the crowd, get people on the dance floor, and keep them there.

Even when we first met Jimmy, he was VERY thorough when getting to know us, asking details about how we met, learning about our families, how to accurately say their names for introductions...and he REALLY pays attention to the music you love and want played. (And all the stuff you DON'T want.) I can't say enough fantastic things about Jimmy. Our families joked that this would be the "best wedding ever", and he truly made it the BEST. WEDDING. EVER.

Sent on 05/13/2012

Kelly · Married on 04/29/2012

Jimmy was recommended to us by our wedding planner, Karin, from Cinderella 4 a Day. We didn't even need to meet any other DJs once we met Jimmy. He was so accommodating and made me feel so much better whenever we had a change of heart about a song, or who was dancing with whom. I come from a broken family, so there was a lot of obvious stress about songs and dances. Jimmy was 100% supportive the whole way. He did everything he could to make me comfortable, while making sure Rob, my husband, was always represented as well. Jimmy sings and plays guitar, which he did as the bridal party walked down the aisle. The day was PERFECT and Jimmy used all of our musical taste suggestions perfectly. Anyone who wants a class DJ with a laid back and accommodating attitude, should go with Jimmy!!

Sent on 05/05/2012

Patrick · Married on 11/12/2011

We had our weeding in that Hudson valley and hired Jimmy Lutz as our DJ. I have to say we have only positive things to say about him. From the begining he paid attention to design a very personalized ceremony with the music we wanted. He even included music he was not familiar with. Animation during the ceremony was nice and classy. Everybody enjoyed it. Price was within what you would expect for the hudson valley. He even gave us a ride from the train station.

I have no hesitation to recomand him for weddings or other event.

Sent on 12/12/2011

Chris · Married on 10/14/2011

Hands down knows how to get people to have a good time. Lutz Entertainment WILL deliver, and I will never hesitate to recommend him to anyone. Calling himself a DJ isn't enough, this guy KNOWS music and musicians, and more importantly knows how to ensure people have a great time. People are still talking about our wedding and it was months ago. I am not much of a dancer but he told me before the wedding, if you want your guests to have a good time, make sure you guys are in the middle of that dance floor. Do what he says, I stayed out there the whole night and we had a PACKED floor, with all of our family and friends out there with us. Best night of my life, and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Lutz Entertainment every time, no questions asked.

Sent on 12/12/2011

Elijah · Married on 10/01/2011

Jimmy was a key component to making our wedding such a success. Following the reception, we received effusive praise from nearly every one of our guests as they all complimented the range and quality of song choice. The guests at our wedding consisted of every age imagineable and Jimmy did a fantastic job of incorporating music that everyone enjoyed. We attribute much of this to his dedication in learning our specific tastes and expectations and then all of that with his own superior musical selections. He played to the energy of the room extremely well. Jimmy certainly is a talented DJ who takes his job and the expectations of the bride and groom very seriously. We could not have been happier with the choice of making Jimmy Lutz our DJ for our wedding!

Sent on 10/10/2011

Megan · Married on 09/24/2011

My husband and I were very pleased with our experience with Jimmy. Not only is he a great guy and a lot of fun to work with, but he also really "got" our vision for the wedding. Every time we hear a song that was played at our wedding, it takes us back to that night. Jimmy also went above and beyond in working with us to time our processional perfectly.

Sent on 10/12/2011

Laura · Married on 09/17/2011

All my guests were jealous of my DJ! Nobody realized a DJ would actually play good music! Jimmy is super easy going and all about the music. He was extremely flexible and courteous. He would always get back to me within hours! Last minute changes were no big deal.
    If everyone was as easy to work with as Jimmy then wedding planning would be a breeze.
    I really appreciated the fact that he acknowledged my personal musical taste and incorporated all my requests even though most of them were not "wedding songs."
    Thanks to Jimmy the wedding was a hit and nobody left the dance floor all night!
    Thanks again for an amazing night! Laura and Mark!

Sent on 10/04/2011

Jeremy · Married on 09/11/2011

James was very accomodating to our schedules, very knowledgable about wedding songs to choose from, and actually gave some great "genera" advice for planning our big day. The music was well received, people danced all night long, and James was even able to accomodate a polka! We felt he was a great value, and would highly recommend him to any of our close friends.

Sent on 10/02/2011

thomas · Married on 09/10/2011

Jimmy and his assistant did an amazing job for our wedding! We would highly recommend him, he is professional yet personal, I believe he met every request my wife had asked of him. Jimmy took our taste of music and fine crafted an amazing night for our guests and the wedding party. He also went above and beyond to take some great photographs on his own, during and after the wedding that we are going to include into our albums.
    Thanks Jimmy you did an incredible job, our guests are still talking about it.
    Tom & Stacey

Sent on 10/13/2011

Megan · Married on 09/04/2011

Jimmy took the time and effort to secure everything we could wish for! For our wedding, the music was our primary focus and Jimmy hit it outta the park. Our guests danced all night long!!! Our guests still comment about how the music made the night. He was an absolute sweetheart and an incredible pleasure to work with.

Sent on 12/20/2011

Vicky · Married on 08/20/2011

Jimmy was an amazing DJ, he had people dancing from the cocktail hour all the way through to the end of the night. No one wanted to sit down and eat! He made sure throughout the night that he was playing the right mix of music that we wanted. My friends overwhelmed him with requests and he did a great job accommodating them as they were quite demanding! I would reccommend Jimmy as a DJ to anyone, he was very personable and professional. The guests were all commenting on how great a job he did and how friendly he was. He also took a lot of really great photos throughout the night. We would definately hire him again for any future events.

Sent on 08/23/2011

Stephanie · Married on 07/08/2011

We had the best experience with Lutz Entertainment for our wedding this past July. Jimmy Lutz impressed us with his out-going personality and vast knowledge of music. He was also able to work within our budget. Jimmy provided many helpful materials such as popular song lists, ceremony and reception music planning templates, and reserached a song if he was not familiar with it. A month prior to our wedding, Jimmy edited a song for my father-daughter dance and spent hours with us going through songs for the ceremony, ensuring that we were happy with what we were going to hear. For the cocktail hour and reception, Jimmy mixed in our "must play" songs along with great mood/party music. Our dance floor was packed from beginning to end to where my guests were chanting "one more song" over and over again. We could not have been more happy with Lutz Enterainment DJing our wedding and would recommend them to ANYONE in a heartbeat. -Stephanie and Ryan

Sent on 08/09/2011

Ashley · Married on 06/11/2011

My Husband and I met with Jimmy a few weeks before our wedding for 2 hours! He made us feel very comfortable and we soon learned that Jimmy had a great taste in music from Dylan to the Beatles and more. My husband and I have an eclectic taste in music from Lady Gaga to The Stones to Michael Jackson to Bob Dylan to 80's rock, and right away Jimmy saw our vision and made it happen. I didn't leave the dance floor for a second! Every so often he would surprise me with a song and I remember saying to myself, "How does he know I love this song?!" That's because Jimmy really made an effort to know us, which is what made our wedding very unique and a pure, great dance party! All of our family and friends have been calling us telling us what a great time they had!

Sent on 06/17/2011

Andrea · Married on 06/05/2011

Jimmy listened to everything we had to say and our music was exactly what we wanted - it was probably the best part of our celebration. I highly recommend him. Thanks Jimmy!

Sent on 06/13/2011

Kevin and Lisa · Married on 05/29/2011

We couldn't have been happier with Jimmy Lutz as our DJ & emcee! Do yourself a favor and reserve Jimmy if he’s free on your date. He took ample time around our crazy schedules to guide us through the entire process of choosing all of our wedding music and arranging the flow of the night down to the nitty gritty details which we either hadn't considered, or seemed overwhelming until we met him. He did this all the while ensuring that the wedding would have the mood, energy and elegance that fit our personalities best.

The end result was the best night of our lives, everything we hoped and dreamed it would be. The wedding music was such a great mix, the energy was high and our guests were on the dance floor all night. I received so many compliments on the music and was even asked for a playlist at the end of our reception

Beyond the job that we hired Jimmy to do we learned that he is an extremely talented, kindhearted, and stand up guy that we are now proud to call a friend. So kindhearted that when he found out I was upset over my wedding dress alterations, he not only contacted some industry friends on my behalf, he even followed up with me to make sure everything turned out ok.

It's because of Jimmy's hard work, help and desire to make our vision a reality that our wedding turned out perfectly!

Sent on 06/08/2011

jenn · Married on 05/28/2011

Jimmy was great to work with, always returned my calls and emails and was very flexible about our requests right up until the day of the wedding.

Sent on 06/19/2011

Kerrin · Married on 05/21/2011

Great DJ- all around great person

Sent on 06/08/2011

Bridget · Married on 05/15/2011

Jimmy was so helpful in helping to plan our day! He has some amazing music choices (that my guests are still talking about), and was always accessible for us to ask questions before the big day. On the day of our wedding, Jimmy was there every step, helping to lead us through and keep things moving. My guests had such a blast and that is a large part to the music and atmosphere that Jimmy added! I would recommend Jimmy Lutz to every bride who is looking for a great personality and someone to be there right beside you on the biggest day of your life! :)

Sent on 06/22/2011

Adrienne · Married on 05/14/2011

Jimmy was amazing! He was quick to respond to all of my questions/emails. He is very professional and our wedding went so smoothly because of him! He is awesome at what he does!

Sent on 05/19/2011