Lutz Entertainment Reviews

Lutz Entertainment 1
Lutz Entertainment 2
Lutz Entertainment 3

Kendra · Married on 07/06/2013

If you are looking for a DJ in the Hudson Valley of NY, look no further than Jimmy Lutz. Simply put, Jimmy did a phenomenal job from our first meeting until the very last song at the reception. He was extremely attentive to our wishes and desires for our big day and delivered exactly what he promised. The ceremony music went off without a hitch and during the reception he had a great feel for the mood of the room and besides making a few announcements that we asked of him he just let the music do the talking. He did an awesome and non-intrusive job communicating with us throughout the night and even made sure we were on the dance floor for songs we had specifically requested. I have no qualms about giving him my highest recommendation. Thank you Jimmy!

Love, Kendra & David Lamb

Sent on 07/08/2013

Jimmy was very helpful and accommodating. I thought it was very important to meet with him before the wedding to hear our vision and go over with him what we wanted to hear and do during the reception. He was very flexible and understanding with last minute changes that had to be made. All of our guests seemed to have a really good time and enjoyed the music selections that were played.

Sent on 07/02/2013

Sarah · Married on 06/22/2013

Jimmy was a hit at our wedding! We had people dancing all night long and had such a blast. He keeps the night so intersting by changing things up from song to song. Hire Jimmy if you want an awesome dj that leaves your guests wanting to dance more!!

Sent on 06/26/2013

We had an excellent experience with Lutz Entertainment. He listened to our thoughts about what we wanted for the wedding day and he nailed it. We provided him with some of our musical tastes and also what we did not want for that day. He completely understood what we were looking for and could not have done a better job. The dance floor was full all night and we received numerous compliments throughout and after the wedding. I would recommend him to anyone. What a pro!

Sent on 06/24/2013

Lauren · Married on 06/07/2013

Jimmy is extremely friendly and easy to work with. He understood our musical interests and he recommended perfect songs to make our wedding a blast! He played acoustic during our cocktail hour and DJed our reception, and afterwards we heard so many compliments from our guests. You can tell Jimmy loves what he does because we caught him rockin' it out behind the booth! I would highly recommend Lutz Entertainment!

Sent on 06/20/2013

Jimmy did an amazing job at our wedding! He played acoustic guitar for our cocktail hour, which everyone really loved. During the reception he had everyone dancing and having fun. He knew exactly what to play to keep the crowd on the dance floor. One of the things Jimmy did that I was thankful for was that his response to my emails right away! Any question or concern I had was answered right away! I would recommend Jimmy to anyone who was looking for an amazing dj!

Sent on 06/27/2013

Alison · Married on 06/01/2013

Jimmy was the most incredible DJ we could have hired for our wedding. He met with us twice in preparation, for at least two hours each time and we discussed everything from our musical tastes to our vision for the wedding. During that process he was open to all of our ideas and had lots of his own thoughts about what would work for our event. After our second meeting he also responded to a number of my e-mails requesting other songs.

Jimmy made our wedding the best party ever. He kept the evening running smoothly and was totally fine with our low-key schedule. Jimmy didn't pressure us to include things we didn't want to and was incredibly helpful in planning the flow of the entire evening.

I would recommend Jimmy to anyone who asked, and a number of people at our wedding are already planning on hiring him for their events!

Sent on 08/14/2013

Taryn · Married on 05/18/2013

Jimmy was such a great DJ for our wedding last month. We asked him to take the reigns on the music and he really read the crowd and played awesome music. He knew our tastes and avoided everything we didn't want (line dances etc.) Jimmy is great to work with and I'd highly recommend him.

Sent on 06/15/2013

Chrissy · Married on 05/11/2013

My husband and I loved working with Jimmy! We met with two DJs but really we knew right away that Jimmy was 'the one'. We felt that he was actually listening to us and what we wanted for our wedding day. A few weeks before the big day he sat down with us and went over in detail the plan for the day, helping us pick out music and really getting to know us and what we liked and didn't like. It was such a great experience, you can tell that Jimmy actually cares about his couples and making them happy! We had a fantastic time at our reception and Jimmy was a big part of making it all flow smoothly! We had many guests comment on how great the music was and one of the coolest things was that some of the first pictures we saw from our wedding were the ones that Jimmy and his assistant took that day! I would highly recommend Lutz Entertainment for your wedding, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 08/28/2013

Kathryn · Married on 05/04/2013

If Jimmy is available for your event, then book him. Jimmy was the Dj for our wedding reception and sang acoustic during our cocktail hour and he was awesome. He spent so much time getting to know us and you could tell that day that he really listened to everything her said. Also, he had great suggestions while we were still in the process of choosing our other vendors and led us to our caterer. I can't wait to have another event so Jimmy can be there.

All of our guest mentioned Jimmy in the days after our wedding, everyone loved him and had a great time with his help.

Sent on 07/15/2013

Stefanie · Married on 04/27/2013

Jimmy is amazing! He was our deejay at our April 27, 2013 wedding reception. He also performed a wonderful acoustic set during our cocktail hour. Leading up to the wedding, Jimmy was very responsive and was sure to design a set list that was what we wanted and which represented us. He makes sure to play what keeps the crowd going. Our guests danced so much and had a great time (and as per my request, there was no disco or line dances). He is so easy to work with and travelled from Poughkeepsie for our New Rochelle wedding. We appreciate all of his time and extra effort.

Sent on 05/14/2013

Dustin · Married on 04/07/2013

My wife and I were looking for a DJ that would provide fun music, accommodate requests, and avoid anything typically weddingy (i.e. chicken dance, hokey pokey, etc.).

Lutz Entertainment provided this service wonderfully. He was responsive, completely understood what we were looking for and accommodated our guests throughout the night. He helped us throw a great party, and I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 04/22/2013

Jimmy is a great guy and a fantastic musician. I planned our wedding from 600 miles away and Jimmy was very accommodating to my needs and always got back to me right away with any questions or concerns that I had. He is so personable, he is really able to get to know your style and exactly what you want for your special day. For us, we wanted our guests to be dancing the night away and Jimmy totally delivered. Because he is a well-rounded and talented musician, he knows how to use music to influence mood and can read the crowd to keep the partying going all night long. My husband and I had a fantastic time at our reception and without Jimmy, it might not have been possible.

Sent on 04/27/2013

Lori · Married on 03/23/2013

I received Jimmy's business card from my Photographer (Kerri Lynne Photography)- and immediately contacted him to discuss the possibility of him DJ'ing our wedding. Jimmy set up a call with my husband and I to get a feel for each other, what kind of music we liked, etc. My husband and I immediately felt comfortable with Jimmy- and that was just over the phone! We met about 2 times in person to go over what we wanted, and we were never rushed. Jimmy was very patient, and offered great suggestions. Our guests loved the music- and were constantly on the dance floor. Jimmy read our guests well, and was able to continue to play music that they liked. I would absolutely recommend Jimmy for any of your music needs!

Sent on 04/19/2013

Sarah · Married on 03/23/2013

From the reviews we really wanted to meet with Jimmy. After meeting with him, we were immediately sold. He seemed to understand our idea of a good wedding (no props, no line dances, no cheesiness and great music). We booked him almost a year in advance, but he offered and encouraged us to meet with him two weeks prior to go over every detail. He played guitar during cocktail hour, and was such a hit another couple getting married asked for his information. He also DJed ceremony music and reception - the ceremony music was cued perfectly like we went over, and he kept everyone dancing the whole night. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 04/21/2013

Curtis · Married on 02/16/2013

At one point during dinner my best man came up to me and asked "is this your ipod playing right now? It's all your favorite songs!" I replied, "No, it's DJ Jimmy Lutz." Jimmy perfectly understood what we wanted out of our reception. We planned our wedding from afar, so I only had one phone interview and one skype session with Jimmy, but that was enough for him to "get it." He kept the energy going at the right times. He had every song our guests requested, even some unconventional stuff that our friends and family wanted to hear. We had a great evening, and I would recommend Jimmy to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 04/22/2013

Anna · Married on 10/21/2012

We were so lucky to have Jimmy Lutz as the DJ at our wedding this fall – he was fantastic! Jimmy was sweet, reliable, flexible, and so well prepared. His deep appreciation and understanding of music of all kinds helped us throw a party that we not only enjoyed but are proud of. Friends and family have said it was the best music they have ever heard at a wedding and have asked us for the song list!

Jimmy understands how personal music is at a wedding. Far from trying to force his song list on us, he met with us in advance, got to know and honored our tastes and wishes for the wedding, and worked with our reception hall manager to create a wedding with perfect flow. He was also a gentle, intuitive guide during the reception.

We would love to have Jimmy DJ our next party and recommend him without reservation!!

Sent on 11/03/2012
  • Brandy

Brandy · Married on 10/20/2012

Jimmy is amazing! He supplied ceremony, cocktail hour and reception music. He is very attentive to your needs and even takes the time to meet with you in person to pick out the perfect songs! He kept the dance floor packed and I even had friends say to me "I need to sit down but your DJ keep playing too many good songs!" I don't think you can get a better compliment than that! I also loved that he takes pictures during the wedding so I had whole album of fun pictures to view the day after the wedding. Thank you Jimmy. You helped made our day great!

Sent on 12/03/2012
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 10/13/2012

With 6 months to plan a wedding, the DJ was the first vendor we booked. When we saw that Jimmy was available, we contacted him and he was available to meet with us right away. Right from the start, he was organized and informative. He gave us plenty of information to read through and lots of helpful suggestions. Anytime I had a question or concern, Jimmy would respond to my e-mails in less than a day. It was great that he was so available to help! During our final meeting Jimmy took great care in making sure he had all of the details worked out exactly how we wanted them. The introductions, special songs, and toasts were carefully planned out and executed perfectly. At the reception, Jimmy and his assistant Alex did an amazing job. Guests commented on how perfect the music flowed throughout the night. Alex even took over 100 pictures that night, including the pictures on my Wedding Wire profile! Jimmy did a great job of calming our nerves and assuring us that everything would turn out great, and he was right. I urge you to consider choosing Lutz Entertainment for your upcoming wedding.

Sent on 11/30/2012

Lisa · Married on 10/06/2012

Jimmy was awesome! From the beginning, I knew that he was the DJ that I wanted for my wedding. He was really easygoing and great to work with. He always got back to me right away and he worked with us to give us the type of wedding we wanted. He played acoustic guitar for our cocktail hour, which got rave reviews, and then continued all night, keeping the party going!! The flow of the night was great, the value was great, and I would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs a DJ for their event. I wish I could do it all over just to be able to have him run another party for me! Thanks so much Jimmy! We even made some last minute changes (literally at our wedding) and he changed it immediately for us! We couldn't have asked for a better night!

Sent on 10/08/2012
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 09/30/2012

Jimmy did an amazing job at our wedding! He took so much time meeting with me and my fiancé before the wedding to get to know us and our tastes. He helped us with music choices and kept in touch with us all throughout our engagement. He played acoustic guitar for our cocktail hour which was great and DJ'ed our reception. Jimmy stayed true to our must play and do not play lists. Once the dance crowd got going, he didn't let it stop. There were times that I was desperate for a break from dancing (sore feet, out of breath) but Jimmy kept that music going and I just couldn't stop!!!! I wanted to dance at my wedding and Jimmy definitely delivered on that request. Jimmy and his assistant took pictures throughout the event and posted them to Facebook right away so we could relive our day...the very next day!

Sent on 10/15/2012

Nicole · Married on 09/15/2012

Jimmy is a true professional and one of the best DJ's I've had the pleasure to experience (at my wedding or any other). He DJ'd my cousins wedding a year before mine and I knew from the amazing music and atmosphere that I had to have him for my wedding. From start to finish Jimmy was helpful even with things like food, live performers (other than himself), officiants etc. He goes above and beyond what you would expect his duties to be to help in any way he possibly can. He truly made my wedding amazing! As an example we had a cigar roller during the cocktail hour and there were multiple people who told me that they had cigars made and completely forgot to smoke them during the reception because they were having so much fun on the dance floor!

Sent on 11/09/2012

We are very happy with our choice. Jimmy was a pleasure to work with and kept the dance floor moving all night:) If you are looking for someone who will not play the "run of the mill" wedding music, cater to the couple and still keep your guests happy and topping it all off with class...he's your man.

Sent on 10/08/2012

Anna · Married on 09/01/2012

Simply put, Jimmy Lutz is the best! When I say that he is truly passionate about DJing, it is an understatement. He takes every aspect of it extremely seriously and professionally. At the same time, he is such a pleasure to work with and got us so excited for the reception before the wedding date. He took the time to go over the pronunciation of every single person he would be announcing, and spent an afternoon with us at his home, working through the our list of songs and making sure everything was perfect. He has an infectious personality. When I glanced up at him and his assistant throughout our reception, they seemed to be having just as much fun as any of our guests! His music choices were spot on and he's fantastic at reading the crowd. He was a huge part of making our wedding such a success!!

Sent on 09/06/2012

Mrs. · Married on 06/23/2012

5 stars all around. We really give credit to Jimmy for how smoothly our wedding ran. He met with us early on and his expertise as a DJ kind of doubles as a wedding planner! He knows EVERYTHING about weddings! He made suggestions that were soooo helpful and helped us with the timeline/pacing of the night. He played music for both our small ceremony and our reception. At the ceremony, he (and his assistant, Alex) were invisible---I hardly knew where the music came from but it was always at the right moment and at the reception, they kept the party hopping. He took all of our musical tastes and made a playlist that truly reflected who we were and what we wanted our wedding to be. We seriously cannot say enough about him. You will be so lucky if you are able to book him for your wedding.

Sent on 06/26/2012