48 Reviews for Luminous Sounds Inc.

User Photos
Sample Music (2)
Instrumentals (1)
Learn New Songs (1)
47 Luminous Sounds Inc. Reviews

I loved working with Luminous Sounds! I heard them perform at a pop up shop in Manhattan and when I heard them play Jason mraz’s “lucky” (the song I wanted to walk down the aisle to) I booked them right away. Kimberly is super responsive and answered all my questions. I told her that I wanted my bridesmaid to sing for the bridal processional, and she recorded the quartet playing the song so my bridesmaid would have something to practice with (they even arrived early on the wedding day to practice with her!) Having luminous sounds at our ceremony made it SO much more special. They are so talented and our guests were so impressed!

Profile Picture Christy, 4/27/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Ceremony, Instrumentals, Liability Insurance, Sample Music, String-Quartet

My mom is a violinist and booked Luminous sounds for my April 27, 2018 wedding at Raphael. They provide such a great selection of classic and popular music, and I was really excited when Signed, Sealed, Delivered made its way onto their repertoire before my wedding because I wanted it for my recessional (they'll learn songs for you for a small fee, but I was excited it was already on there by the time it was time to decide on my program!). I heard the prelude and recessional from the top of the vineyard, where I was hiding waiting for the ceremony, and it was beautiful. I didn't get to hear too much of cocktail hour because of photos, but what I did hear was great and I know the guests enjoyed it! As a heads up, they are unable to play outside unless it's between 60-90 degrees. They were willing to do it in the 50s for me but it poured so it was indoors anyway. I definitely recommend them.

Profile Picture Beth Ann, 4/27/18, 13 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Sample Music, String-Quartet

The String Quartet sounded beautiful! They were very professional and easy to work with, and were a great addition to my wedding.

Profile Picture Rachael, 4/13/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We hired Luminous Sounds on the recommendation of our wedding planner. We were originally looking at other options for our ceremony, like some pieces from our band, but we felt really strongly at the end of the day that strings would give us the feel that we wanted. Kimberly and the Luminous Sounds team came through for us, and made the ceremony that much more special. While we were initially hesitant about hiring the quartet because we weren't sure we needed that many pieces, we did not for a second regret our decision. Kimberly worked with us to choose the right music and was super accommodating and responsive. The quartet sounded a thousand times better than any others we had heard, and were wonderful to work with.

Profile Picture Katy, 12/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Luminous Sounds were amazing!! Thanks, Kim for the wonderful music during the ceremony and cocktail hour! Our guests were very impressed with your performance!

Profile Picture Theresa, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Luminous Sound recently played for us at our wedding reception in Greenport. We could not be any happier that we chose Kimberly and Luminous Sound to provided our guests with a most pleasurable sensory experience. The music was absolutely beautiful.

As we approached the reception venue on foot with our guests the beautiful sound of the string quartet, playing was gently flowing through the air, drawing us closer. When we arrived we were greeted with one of our favorite songs, which was preformed beautifully. It was the most memorable and beautiful moment standing, with my husband at my side, the sun gently filtered through the Pergola and Beech tree, listening and softly singing along to Sara Barellis' "I choose you". That bespoke moment in time will forever be embedded in our memory. And for that, we cannot thank them enough!

Throughout the reception the group played beautifully, all of our guests commented on how great they sounded. We thoroughly enjoyed the elegant simplicity of having a string quartet play at our wedding, and we couldn't be happier with choosing Luminous Sound. Kimberly was an absolute pleasure to work with and in the months and weeks leading up to the wedding, gave us confidence that our wedding day would be perfect. Thank you Luminous Sound for bringing the element of beautiful sound to our wedding day.

Profile Picture Jonathan, 10/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Luminous Sounds were so fantastic. They provided the ceremony and cocktail hour music for my wedding 10/01/17. Early on I had a problem with my venue in which I had to change. LS had no problem making changes to my contract and I even got a personal phone call to see if I needed help finding another venue or anything at all! The music was flawless. I got so many compliments from my guests. If you want that extra touch for any event, I highly recommend you book them!

Profile Picture Marisa , 10/1/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, String-Quartet

Luminous Sounds was just the perfect fit for our wedding ceremony on 9/23/17. Their repertoire is wonderfully dynamic so it was very easy to choose the perfect songs to represent us as a couple. We also requested to have a special but unusual song played during our recessional but they were on top of it with no hesitations. 10/10, just amazing!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Luminous Sounds was fabulous. To be honest, since I was the bride, I didn't really get to hear them very much, but reviews from friends and family were all glowing. They had a great repertoire to choose from -- all of the songs we wanted were available to us. They were professional and easy to work with, overall highly recommend!

Profile Picture Kendra, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cello, Viola, Violin, String-Quartet, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour

We booked a Luminous Sounds quartet for our August wedding and were blown away by the quality and professionalism of both the musicians and Kimberly. Every step of the process was seamless and on the day of our wedding the quartet sounded absolutely amazing. All of our guests loved what the musicians added to our ceremony, and we would strongly recommend Luminous Sounds for any type of event.
-Emily & Ryan

Profile Picture Ryan, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I can't say enough nice things about Kimberly and Luminous Sounds. They are so professional, organized, knowledgable and easy to work with. I only wish I was able to hear more of the music, but, being the bride, you miss a lot of the ceremony!

Profile Picture Amanda , 8/26/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Instrumental-Duo, Cello, Violin

Kimberly and her staff was awesome! Everyone enjoyed them and so did we.

Profile Picture Brandon, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Luminous Sounds was absolutely amazing to work with. Very flexible and accommodating. They were able to learn my favorite song for my walk down the aisle and it was totally perfect!!!

Profile Picture Abigail, 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Having a string quartet perform at our ceremony was my fiance's gift to me and it was more than I could ask for. Luminous Sounds did an incredible job. It was truly magical! I was so impressed by their professionalism, responsiveness and tact. They knew exactly what they were doing throughout our (rather long) Roman Catholic wedding mass. I can only imagine what they can do when there are no religious/time restrictions. So very glad we chose Luminous Sounds. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to make their event extra special.

Profile Picture User5360965, Recently Married, 5 Reviews
Services Used: String-Quartet, Cello, Viola, Violin, Ceremony

My husband and I got married on 7/7/17 & we had Luminous Sounds for our reception & cocktail hour. I first fell in love with them when I heard them play cocktail hour at our cousins wedding. I knew right then and there I wanted them for my wedding. We started following them on social media and attended numerous events at great restaurants where they performed and they were on point each time. I truly believe that having live music gives your wedding or any event for that matter a whole other vibe that EVERYONE enjoys. Luminous sounds gave a elegant feel to our wedding and here we are a month later and everyone is STILL talking about how amazing they are! Kim truly made us feel at ease by walking us through everything and choosing from their song list. My husband and I didn't want the traditional "here comes the bride" song when I walked down the isle, we always liked the song "The winner is" from the little miss sunshine soundtrack & Luminous Sounds learned how to play that song for us. They were absolutely AMAZING and I am so happy they were available for our wedding. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND LUMINOUS SOUNDS FOR YOUR EVENT!!!!! & lastly I just would like thank Luminous Sounds for making our wedding that much more special!

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, String-Quartet, Cello, Viola, Violin

LOVE luminous! They did our wedding on June 3 and they were everything we dreamed of and more. Great price for a superb group! Make sure you make time on your big day to listen to them. We love them!

Profile Picture Samantha , 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Luminous Sounds was the perfect compliment to our church wedding in Garden City at St. Joseph's! Having the trumpet and strings to accompany the organ player, made for the most beautiful wedding music. I'll never forget the Trumpet Voluntary that played while I walked down the aisle. My husband and I received so many compliments on the wedding music, so we can't say thank you enough! Working with Kimberly leading up to the big day was a breeze. She was very responsive and helpful throughout the whole process. Hire Luminous Sounds for the most beautiful wedding music. You will not be disappointed!!

Profile Picture Meghan, 6/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We found Luminous Sounds by my sister on Instagram. We are so happy that she did because Kimberly was soo good at accommodating our song requests and she responded quickly to all of our questions and emails. She even made it to our wedding rehearsal ! They had a large selection of classical music to choose from their repertoire. Their professionalism was awesome and they played so beautifully at our wedding ceremony it was like the icing on the cake. It was a super special blessing to have them play at our wedding ceremony.

Profile Picture Susan, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Instrumental-Duo, Cello, Violin

Kim and Luminous Sounds were fantastic! She was very quick to respond to any and all questions and very accommodating. One thing that I really appreciated was she was able to get an arrangement made of a song my husband and I love, the request was a bit last minute and I was so happy she could come through. For our prelude music they had a really nice variety of repertoire to choose from, I opted for more pop tunes but they had a great selection of more traditional numbers as well.

Profile Picture John, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I hired Luminous Sounds String Quartet for my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and let me just say, they are FABULOUS!! So easy to work with, affordable and extremely talented. I was very happy with their song selections for classic and contemporary music and my guests are still gushing over how beautifully they played. Working with them was simply perfection and I strongly recommend them, as they provided the perfect extra touch for my wedding.

Profile Picture Dyana, 11/4/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, String-Quartet

Luminous Sounds provided the soundtrack at my daughter's wedding this past Sunday, September 25. The musical selection was classical. They sounded beautiful. My dream was always to give my daughter a elegant wedding and Luminous Sounds helped that dream come true. They provided us with a list of classical music to select which they played beautifully. They were professional and respectful to our faith. I would recommend Luminous Sounds to any bride in Long Island area looking for have music played. You will NOT be disappointed.

Profile Picture Lucille, 9/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Luminous Sounds made my wedding day that much more special! They sounded amazing and were so professional. The price was reasonable as well!

Profile Picture Andrea, 9/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Luminous Sounds were amazing from start to finish. The response time was immediate, they are very thorough & organized. With all the little tasks that come along with planning a wedding they made it very easy. I was unsure of what songs to play and Luminious offered wonderful suggestions. I would recommend to anyone. A guest at our wedding booked them for their wedding right after hearing them at ours. That's how great they were :-)
Thank you, Luminious Sounds for adding a special touch to our special day.

Profile Picture Heather , 9/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Listen to their music that's available to get a sense of their style and determine if that fits your needs or vision. Talk to them about your wishes, preferences and expectations. Upon doing both these things, we had a conversation that included their suggestions of music not posted online and they tailored their performance list to our audience really well! Additionally, the group was hired as a surprise to the bride & groom and so they were careful and thoughtful to blend in from their attire to their set up behind the scenes and were a huge hit playing crowd favorites- old and new- throughout the cocktail hour.

Profile Picture jessica, 8/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

The Illuminate String Quartet was wonderful! We originally were only looking for music for our ceremony but were so happy we decided to have the quartet play our cocktail hour as well. It was so great having live music at both of those parts of our wedding. Their artistic director, Kimberly, was so helpful from our initial contact through the final planning details. We highly recommend Luminous Sounds!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 6/25/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Cello, Viola, Violin, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Liability Insurance, String-Quartet