Luminous Sounds Inc. Reviews

52 | Kings Park, NY

52 Reviews for Luminous Sounds Inc.

52 Luminous Sounds Inc. Reviews
  • arorapower2018

Lindsey · Married on 09/15/2018

After a little back and forth with my now-husband about ceremony music, I said I wanted traditional strings for my entrance and our recessional. Now comes the crazy part- he wanted to process in with his parents to the theme from the classic movie, 'Superman'. This was his wedding dream... and he got it for our 9/15/18 wedding at an old Gold-Coast mansion in Long Island, NY. Luminous Sounds was recommended to us by our planner, Leah Weinberg of Color Pop Events, and although I barely saw the, they sounded beautiful from what I remember and coordination and payment with the company was quite easy. I highly recommend Luminous Sounds if you're looking for a string quartet!

Karli · Married on 07/07/2018

Luminous Sounds was fantastic. We had them play for the ceremony and for cocktail hour. They play old music, new, classic, and whatever else you want! We had so many compliments from guests about how beautiful it was to have them playing live music. Highly recommend!

Sara · Married on 06/30/2018

We found Luminous Sounds through a recommendation from our band. Kim is a true professional, the easiest vendor we communicated with from the get-go. She made everything so EASY and was always there if we had any questions on anything.
    The music they play ranges from classical to upbeat, pop and contemporary. My bridal procession walked down to Storybook Love (Princess Bride) and for our recession as a surprise for my groom we walked out to May the Force (Star Wars). During cocktail hour the music was upbeat and was a nice touch to have in the background while our guests enjoyed all the food and drinks. All in all, the perfect background to our ceremony and the music tailored to our tastes and preferences. Our guests told us how great they sounded and enjoyed the music just as we had hoped. We couldn't be happier, and highly recommend Luminous Sounds string quartet - a superbly talented group of women.

Christy · Married on 04/27/2018

I loved working with Luminous Sounds! I heard them perform at a pop up shop in Manhattan and when I heard them play Jason mraz’s “lucky” (the song I wanted to walk down the aisle to) I booked them right away. Kimberly is super responsive and answered all my questions. I told her that I wanted my bridesmaid to sing for the bridal processional, and she recorded the quartet playing the song so my bridesmaid would have something to practice with (they even arrived early on the wedding day to practice with her!) Having luminous sounds at our ceremony made it SO much more special. They are so talented and our guests were so impressed!

• Jenna

Jenna · Married on 03/03/2018

Provided the Best Music!

Luminous Sounds did an amazing job at our 03/23/18 wedding at the Dumbo Loft in Brooklyn. The addition of the string music to our ceremony made it feel so special and intimate. Kim was so easy to work with before the wedding and was very helpful in selecting music, etc. On the wedding day she went above and beyond and everything was perfect. I can't say enough great things about Kim and her business and would definitely recommend her to anyone looking for an extra special musical touch to their wedding day.

Sent on 10/17/2018
    Luminous Sounds Inc. 1
    Luminous Sounds Inc. 2

Luminous Sounds Inc.'s reply:

Jenna, Thanks so much for the fantastic review! We had so much fun performing for you and your guests at The Dumbo Loft! We really appreciate you taking the time to review our services!

Katy · Married on 12/02/2017

We hired Luminous Sounds on the recommendation of our wedding planner. We were originally looking at other options for our ceremony, like some pieces from our band, but we felt really strongly at the end of the day that strings would give us the feel that we wanted. Kimberly and the Luminous Sounds team came through for us, and made the ceremony that much more special. While we were initially hesitant about hiring the quartet because we weren't sure we needed that many pieces, we did not for a second regret our decision. Kimberly worked with us to choose the right music and was super accommodating and responsive. The quartet sounded a thousand times better than any others we had heard, and were wonderful to work with.

Theresa · Married on 10/14/2017

Luminous Sounds were amazing!! Thanks, Kim for the wonderful music during the ceremony and cocktail hour! Our guests were very impressed with your performance!

Marisa · Married on 10/01/2017

Luminous Sounds were so fantastic. They provided the ceremony and cocktail hour music for my wedding 10/01/17. Early on I had a problem with my venue in which I had to change. LS had no problem making changes to my contract and I even got a personal phone call to see if I needed help finding another venue or anything at all! The music was flawless. I got so many compliments from my guests. If you want that extra touch for any event, I highly recommend you book them!

Stephanie · Married on 09/23/2017

Luminous Sounds was just the perfect fit for our wedding ceremony on 9/23/17. Their repertoire is wonderfully dynamic so it was very easy to choose the perfect songs to represent us as a couple. We also requested to have a special but unusual song played during our recessional but they were on top of it with no hesitations. 10/10, just amazing!

Kendra · Married on 09/09/2017

Luminous Sounds was fabulous. To be honest, since I was the bride, I didn't really get to hear them very much, but reviews from friends and family were all glowing. They had a great repertoire to choose from -- all of the songs we wanted were available to us. They were professional and easy to work with, overall highly recommend!

Luminous Sounds Inc. 3

Ryan · Married on 08/26/2017

We booked a Luminous Sounds quartet for our August wedding and were blown away by the quality and professionalism of both the musicians and Kimberly. Every step of the process was seamless and on the day of our wedding the quartet sounded absolutely amazing. All of our guests loved what the musicians added to our ceremony, and we would strongly recommend Luminous Sounds for any type of event.
    -Emily & Ryan

Sent on 09/15/2017

Luminous Sounds Inc.'s reply:

Emily & Ryan, Thank you so much for the kind review! You two were a joy to work with throughout the entire planning process! We wish you a lifetime of happiness together and are thankful that we were able to play a small part in your biggest day!

Amanda · Married on 08/26/2017

I can't say enough nice things about Kimberly and Luminous Sounds. They are so professional, organized, knowledgable and easy to work with. I only wish I was able to hear more of the music, but, being the bride, you miss a lot of the ceremony!

Brandon · Married on 08/05/2017

Kimberly and her staff was awesome! Everyone enjoyed them and so did we.

Abigail · Married on 07/29/2017

Luminous Sounds was absolutely amazing to work with. Very flexible and accommodating. They were able to learn my favorite song for my walk down the aisle and it was totally perfect!!!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Luminous Sounds Inc.'s reply:

Abbie, thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review! Your wedding was absolutely gorgeous and we loved providing music for your wedding ceremony and cocktail hour!

Edyta · Married on 07/08/2017

Having a string quartet perform at our ceremony was my fiance's gift to me and it was more than I could ask for. Luminous Sounds did an incredible job. It was truly magical! I was so impressed by their professionalism, responsiveness and tact. They knew exactly what they were doing throughout our (rather long) Roman Catholic wedding mass. I can only imagine what they can do when there are no religious/time restrictions. So very glad we chose Luminous Sounds. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to make their event extra special.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Luminous Sounds Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much for this fantastic review! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful and we are so thankful that we were able to play a small part in your big day! Wishing you two a lifetime of happiness!

Rachel · Married on 07/07/2017

My husband and I got married on 7/7/17 & we had Luminous Sounds for our reception & cocktail hour. I first fell in love with them when I heard them play cocktail hour at our cousins wedding. I knew right then and there I wanted them for my wedding. We started following them on social media and attended numerous events at great restaurants where they performed and they were on point each time. I truly believe that having live music gives your wedding or any event for that matter a whole other vibe that EVERYONE enjoys. Luminous sounds gave a elegant feel to our wedding and here we are a month later and everyone is STILL talking about how amazing they are! Kim truly made us feel at ease by walking us through everything and choosing from their song list. My husband and I didn't want the traditional "here comes the bride" song when I walked down the isle, we always liked the song "The winner is" from the little miss sunshine soundtrack & Luminous Sounds learned how to play that song for us. They were absolutely AMAZING and I am so happy they were available for our wedding. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND LUMINOUS SOUNDS FOR YOUR EVENT!!!!! & lastly I just would like thank Luminous Sounds for making our wedding that much more special!

Sent on 08/18/2017

Luminous Sounds Inc.'s reply:

Thank you Rachel and Tim for writing such an amazing review! We loved being a part of your wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and are so glad that you enjoyed our playing on your big day. You two are such a beautiful couple. So thankful that you took the time to write this awesome review. Wishing you two a lifetime of happiness!

Samantha · Married on 06/03/2017

LOVE luminous! They did our wedding on June 3 and they were everything we dreamed of and more. Great price for a superb group! Make sure you make time on your big day to listen to them. We love them!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Luminous Sounds Inc.'s reply:

Samantha, thank you so much for the kind review! We loved being a part of your wedding ceremony and cocktail hour! We wish you and Dan the very best!!!

Meghan · Married on 06/02/2017

Luminous Sounds was the perfect compliment to our church wedding in Garden City at St. Joseph's! Having the trumpet and strings to accompany the organ player, made for the most beautiful wedding music. I'll never forget the Trumpet Voluntary that played while I walked down the aisle. My husband and I received so many compliments on the wedding music, so we can't say thank you enough! Working with Kimberly leading up to the big day was a breeze. She was very responsive and helpful throughout the whole process. Hire Luminous Sounds for the most beautiful wedding music. You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Luminous Sounds Inc.'s reply:

Thank you for this amazing review Meghan! We so enjoyed playing for your wedding at St. Joseph's and are so glad that you enjoyed our playing during your ceremony. You had such a regal procession that will be a favorite of mine for years to come I am sure. Thanks again for taking the time to write such a sweet review!

Susan · Married on 05/27/2017

We found Luminous Sounds by my sister on Instagram. We are so happy that she did because Kimberly was soo good at accommodating our song requests and she responded quickly to all of our questions and emails. She even made it to our wedding rehearsal ! They had a large selection of classical music to choose from their repertoire. Their professionalism was awesome and they played so beautifully at our wedding ceremony it was like the icing on the cake. It was a super special blessing to have them play at our wedding ceremony.

Sent on 06/15/2017

Luminous Sounds Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much for writing such a great review Susan! We loved being a part of your wedding day and are still obsessing over your veil!!!

John · Married on 11/12/2016

Kim and Luminous Sounds were fantastic! She was very quick to respond to any and all questions and very accommodating. One thing that I really appreciated was she was able to get an arrangement made of a song my husband and I love, the request was a bit last minute and I was so happy she could come through. For our prelude music they had a really nice variety of repertoire to choose from, I opted for more pop tunes but they had a great selection of more traditional numbers as well.

Dyana · Married on 11/04/2016

I hired Luminous Sounds String Quartet for my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and let me just say, they are FABULOUS!! So easy to work with, affordable and extremely talented. I was very happy with their song selections for classic and contemporary music and my guests are still gushing over how beautifully they played. Working with them was simply perfection and I strongly recommend them, as they provided the perfect extra touch for my wedding.

Andrea · Married on 09/25/2016

Luminous Sounds made my wedding day that much more special! They sounded amazing and were so professional. The price was reasonable as well!

Lucille · Married on 09/25/2016

Luminous Sounds provided the soundtrack at my daughter's wedding this past Sunday, September 25. The musical selection was classical. They sounded beautiful. My dream was always to give my daughter a elegant wedding and Luminous Sounds helped that dream come true. They provided us with a list of classical music to select which they played beautifully. They were professional and respectful to our faith. I would recommend Luminous Sounds to any bride in Long Island area looking for have music played. You will NOT be disappointed.

Heather · Married on 09/02/2016

Luminous Sounds were amazing from start to finish. The response time was immediate, they are very thorough & organized. With all the little tasks that come along with planning a wedding they made it very easy. I was unsure of what songs to play and Luminious offered wonderful suggestions. I would recommend to anyone. A guest at our wedding booked them for their wedding right after hearing them at ours. That's how great they were :-)
    Thank you, Luminious Sounds for adding a special touch to our special day.

jessica · Married on 08/04/2016

Listen to their music that's available to get a sense of their style and determine if that fits your needs or vision. Talk to them about your wishes, preferences and expectations. Upon doing both these things, we had a conversation that included their suggestions of music not posted online and they tailored their performance list to our audience really well! Additionally, the group was hired as a surprise to the bride & groom and so they were careful and thoughtful to blend in from their attire to their set up behind the scenes and were a huge hit playing crowd favorites- old and new- throughout the cocktail hour.