Lulan Wedding Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Kang M. Getting married on 12/24/2022

Memorable Shooting Experience

Kat was our photographer and she was very friendly and experienced. This was our first photo shooting experience as a couple and under Kat's guidance, we felt really comfortable throughout the process. I also love Lulan's team who was very responsive since Day 1. This was also first trip to LA and thanks to the team, we had a very memorable time.

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review, Kang Min!! We had a great time capturing your engagement. :) much love!
    Kimberly Married on 08/14/2022

Favorite Vendor!

Lulan and his entire team were fantastic to work with! The best decision my husband and I made was when we hired them. Throughout the entire process, they communicated well with us, and even through multiple postponements due to Covid they were flexible and understanding. On the day of our wedding, they made taking pictures fun and stress-free. They truly know how to make people feel comfortable and at ease. I truly hope to work with them again.

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Kimberly! We had a wonderful time with you. We hope to work with you again sometime too!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Matthew Married on 07/17/2022

Fantastic experience with Lulan's team

Like you, I also pay attention to the reviews, and Lulan's stellar ratings seemed too good to be true at first. After all, nothing's perfect, right?
    Well, I got my answer, and before I get to my summary of Lulan, let me break down my experience with him in two steps.

First, the planning and logistics. It was a relatively straightforward process to set up an initial appointment with Lulan over the phone, and a quick one too. I thought Lulan would be someone that's extremely busy but surprisingly, Lulan made plenty of time for me, on multiple occasions, to answer all my questions. When my wife and I wanted to visit Lulan's studio in person (before having made any payments), we were still quickly accommodated. Everything was great, or so it seemed, until we were informed that our photoshoot would be unfortunately be delayed by several weeks. It was an unplanned change of events, but one that we could accommodate and was understanding of, so no hard feelings on this note.

Second, the photoshoot itself. We started at the studio for an indoor session, and Lulan was already there to get things ready. I found talking to Lulan like that of a close friend- down to earth, genuinely caring, and thoughtful. He showed my wife and I how to pose with elegance and intent, with a few tricks along the way. Lulan worked skillfully and quickly with every shot with a discerning eye and fluid camera handiwork. It was a true pleasure to see him focused on his art, focused on us. When he would get an especially good shot, his eyes would light up and he'd show it to us on his camera. It's refreshing to see him happy, even after spending a whole day with us, jumping from one photoshoot location to another. Lulan truly puts his labor of love to heart.

The experience with Lulan is unforgettable. He is, in my opinion, a humble master of his craft. If you're still looking for a photographer, rest assured that your search can end here. Looking back, I can confidently say that Lulan, and his team, deserves all the praise. They are all so friendly with utmost professionalism. I highly recommend Lulan and his team to anyone, and I can only hope we cross paths again some day.

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

Wow, Matthew! Thank you so much for this amazing review, we are so happy to hear how your experience went! Thank you so much for choosing Lulan Studio!
  • I
    Iris K. Married on 07/09/2022

Hire Lulan Studio!

I did not get to work with Lulan personally but communicated with him to have Terry Li, photographer, photograph our wedding. Lulan took the time to speak with me on a few occasions. I appreciated the patience and care he took to make sure we were both in communication for what to expect for the wedding. From my perspective, Lulan and his team, runs Lulan Studio with class, heart, and professionalism.
    Terry Li, amazing photographer. Patient, kind, compassionate, and he helped keep me calm during the wedding when chaos was present. Hire with Lulan Studio, you will not regret it.

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

Thank you for this review, Iris! We love how your photos turned out. Thank you for choosing Lulan Studio!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 05/21/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Don’t look any further for a photographer and videographer!

We cannot say enough amazing things about Lulan Studio! Lulan was our photographer for the big day. We also added the videography package and were over the moon when we saw the footage.
    Lulan and his team arrived on time and immediately began shooting and filming candid moments of the bridal party getting ready. He got a ton of photos both traditional and creative. He also listened to my feedback and requests as far as wanting a lot of candid moments, as well as a few photos edited in film style.
    Our photos are simply breathtaking. The venue, The Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort, was so impressed by them that they requested a release form to use them for their wedding advertisements. I cannot explain the number of compliments we’ve received on our photos and wedding video!
    If you are in the Los Angeles area, you must must go with Lulan Studio. They are professional, friendly, experts in their craft, and the pricing was totally reasonable. One we did a vow renewal in a few years, we will definitely be giving them a call. Do not skip on the videographer! We’ve watched our wedding video 900 times!

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review, Sarah. We truly appreciate your kind words and had a blast on your big day!!
    Victoria F. Married on 04/01/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wonderful photographers even when you're camera shy!

We are so glad we chose Lulan Studio for our wedding! They were very easy to communicate with and our planning call with them was very thorough and helped us think of things we hadn't even considered.
    The day of, Lulan and his assistant shooter Moses were great to work with and their shots were amazing! They gave us a lot of suggestions and "let's try this" sorts of shots that worked splendidly, and were very accommodating to any changes in plans. We cannot recommend them highly enough.

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

Thank you for the 5 start review, Victoria! We had the best time on your big day. Thank you for choosing Lulan Studio!
    Emily L. Married on 02/22/2022

We love alli!

Lulan studio staff are so friendly, and their work is amazing! We had a very small wedding, and Alli fit right in. She was so creative and captured some truly beautiful moments for us. 10/10 would recommend!!

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review, Emily! We are so happy to hear this. Thank you for choosing Lulan Studio!
    Elizabet Married on 02/02/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

10/10 Stellar, Professional, Artistic, World Class Experience!!!

Working with Lulan Studio was the single best decision we made for our wedding. The team was wonderful to work with leading up to the wedding, the day of our wedding, and they were still responsive and attentive afterwards. They made us feel so comfortable and at ease during our private wedding day, and we felt like we had friends with us the entire day! We trusted they would deliver amazing photo and video--- and they did! Cinematic, artistic, timeless, and worth every penny!! You can not go wrong choosing Lulan Studio, they deliver a true world class 10/10 experience. Thank you Lulan, Peter, Emily, and team!! We are forever grateful and so honored to have gotten the opportunity to work with you!!

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

Such a beautiful review, Mike and Elizabet. We are honored to have been a part of your big day. Thank you so much for the 5 stars!
    Evan Married on 12/23/2021

amazing pictures and video

Lulan made our wedding timeless and captured the most special moments on his camera. His team is very detail-oriented and finds the best shots based on the venue and environment. On the day of our wedding, it started raining. We were worried that our guests wouldn’t be able to enjoy the beautiful outdoor setting, but it worked out great as everyone had an amazing time indoors and Lulan captured the best interactions. To our surprise, the best photo of the night was of us holding hands in the rain and it looked like a movie moment. Lulan is the best photographer you can find and we can’t recommend him enough.

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review, Evan! We had a blast capturing your magical day. Thank you for choosing Lulan Studio!
    Gabrielle L. Married on 12/19/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Lulan and his team were absolutely incredible! Extremely talented and professional.

Lulan and team went above and beyond my expectations. Our photos came out absolutely phenomenal and our wedding video is so beautiful. They captured every special moment. Extremely responsive, organized and everything was well planned. I highly recommend Lulan.

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

Thank you for this wonderful review, Gabrielle! We are thrilled with how your photos and video came out. Thank you for the 5 stars and for choosing Lulan Studio!
    Agnes C. Married on 12/03/2021

Professional

Lulan made our wedding memorable. The pictures are just outstanding. He was very professional to work with and easy to get hold of. He would listen to your requests if you have specific shots that you were looking for. I love how everything just went smooth on that day. Thanks again for making our day special.

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

Thank you for your kind review, Agnes!! We had the absolute honor of being a part of your big day. Your photos came out amazing, and we are so happy you love them!
    Christopher F. Married on 08/14/2021

Eat and fun

Lulan was a consummate professional. He knew the tire odds shots he likes to take for predictable glorious results, while also adapting to our ideas and desires.

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

Thank you for your review Christopher, this means so much to us! We wish you the best in your future!
    Nora A. Married on 06/25/2021

Phenomenal!

We found Lulan Photography through a family member who had him for their wedding many years ago. We loved their pictures so much, it was a no brainer when it came to picking his team. After reaching out, they were incredibly responsive and understanding, especially as this was happening during the pandemic. As we were trying to figure out the details of the wedding and whether or not we were even going through with it, Lulan and his team were incredibly patient and flexible. They worked with us time and again.

As the wedding got closer, Lulan sent over a Wedding Day Questionnaire, that covers everything you need from locations, to specific poses desired, and timing. There are also a couple of phone calls to iron out the details. Very thorough.

During the wedding day, Lulan and his team showed up on time and ready to go. They had already visited the groom and were coming to photograph myself and company. I'm not the most photogenic and can be a little awkward in front of the camera, but he knew exactly how to pose me and guide me where to look to get the best photos. This expertise also extended to everyone else getting photographed.

Lulan was also very good at picking the right angles and catching all the best moments throughout the wedding. Especially the candids! There was not a single bad picture!

In the middle of it all, I had a few moments where the stress and the nerves got to me, but Lulan and his team did not judge and just rolled with the punches. It got crazy there with timing and everyone chiming in with an opinion, but if he was stressed he certainly didn't let it show.

When it came to getting the photographs back, he was on time to the week. I was so happy to see them I couldn't contain my excitement! He captured the whole day so perfectly that I relived it all just looking through the pictures. I cannot wait to start framing them all and creating an album!

Notes of advice to clients: be very clear on your timing for the day and what you want out of the pictures. Especially where you want the photography to be happening.

All in all, Lulan is a true artist and he perfectly captures the love and the happiness abound. Please do not hesitate to hire him and his team! And remember to have fun to maximize your moments on camera!

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

Wow, Nora thank you for this thorough review! We absolutely loved being a part of your special day and helping you along the process. We are happy to know that you enjoyed it too :) thank you for the 5 stars!!
    Arshitha V. Married on 06/21/2021

Amazing Photographers

Lulan came highly recommended to us by a close friend of ours whose wedding he had photographed last year. We were initially a bit hesitant as we weren’t sure if Lulan knew South Indian wedding customs well enough to be able to capture the important moments. However, from our initial conversations, it became apparent that Lulan was deeply interested in understanding our culture and ensuring that our wedding photos would be memorable. We also looked through his portfolio and fell in love with his photography style. As a result, Lulan ended up being the first vendor that we booked for our wedding. Amidst all the stresses leading up to the day of the wedding, working with Lulan was a pleasure and his professionalism and intelligence shone through in all our interactions.

We must mention here that Lulan became a dad to a newborn just a few days before the wedding. Once we got to know about it, we told him that we’d fully understand if he decided to spend time with his baby and sent the rest of his lead photography team to cover the wedding. However, he assured us that he would be there for the entire day along with his other leads as he’d already promised us earlier. We were blown away by his dedication at this point. Needless to say, Lulan and his team exceeded our expectations at the wedding.

On the day of the wedding, Lulan, Katerina, and Alli were there on time at 6:00 am and ready to go. Given that we had a traditional Indian wedding, which tends to be about 6-7 hours, the team was very patient and respectful throughout the process. They were very cooperative and adaptable to changes to the timeline during our wedding. Lulan always had a smile on and helped us feel calm amidst any wedding chaos. His team also went above and beyond and would fix my hair or my dress for the photos as needed. For the reception later that evening, they were again full of energy even though they’d had a long day by then. They made sure to capture everything beginning with the getting ready shots of the bride and groom all the way till the song and dance performances and the open dance floor at the end of the reception. They were also always available to take a group picture of our guests if they were requested to do so. The day after our wedding, we lost count of how many of our guests reached out to let us know that our photographer was amazing!

Their passion for photography was never more obvious than when we saw the final pictures. They had captured over 8,000 pictures across the wedding and reception and the team gave us around 3,000 pictures that they processed and edited and didn’t miss one single moment. The pictures were fabulous and everyone who’s seen them till now can’t stop raving about them, and we couldn’t be happier for hiring Lulan and trusting him and his team with our special day. We would highly, highly recommend Lulan and his team for all of your wedding photography needs!

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

Wow, what a wonderful review. Thank you so much for your kind words about our studio and taking the time to write this review - it means the world to us! We loved being a part of your big day :)
    Ericka L. Married on 04/03/2021

Hire them!!!

We hired Lulan Wedding Photography for our wedding back in August of this year and they were wonderful! They were so easy to work with and Emily was sweet enough to accommodate to our requests. We had Kat as our photographer and Peter as our videographer and our pictures and videos came out awesome! :) Kat was helpful throughout the photoshoot because it was our first time taking pictures professionally, she made us feel comfortable. Would totally recommend them :)

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Ericka!! We are so happy to have been a part of your day. Thank you for choosing Lulan Studio!
    Alex Z. Married on 12/08/2020

Written in the Stars

This review of Lulan Photography is loooong overdue. My apologies, Lulan.

My wife and I held our wedding at the end of August 2019. Impeccable timing in hindsight. The vendor selection process for the event was a daunting one. Not being familiar with the market for wedding photographers, shopping really helped define the balance between quality and price. We looked into all of the renowned photographers - the Lin and Jirsa’s, and D Park’s in the space. It was serendipitous that we happened upon Lulan. We looked through his portfolio, even visited his lovely studio. He checked all of the boxes for a couple who is prioritizing a photographer above other vendors. I would say his pricing versus his talent and skill in photography fill a sweetspot in this market, but it truly is more than that. The quality of work and level of service from Lulan and his crew are stellar. However, his philosophy on the craft was the selling point for us. The passion he had for bringing the beauty of a couple’s love to the forefront and capturing those meaningful moments during the wedding day compelled us to go with him.

Lulan’s process was very professional. Although everything from engagement photo locations and timing, to the wedding day, was outlined and articulated in advance, Lulan and his folks went above and beyond what we expected. He stayed with us a few hours over what was agreed upon to finish up the engagement photoshoot. He and his crew even showed up to capture the tea ceremony we held the day before the actual wedding. Getting married is a wonderful time, don’t let anyone tell you different…but it is chaotic. Lulan and his group were not only our support through much of the process, they were our guides. We hold them in the highest esteem and feel privileged to have had them shoot our wedding.

For curious couples who are considering Lulan, please also contact Peter Studio LLC if you are looking for a videographer. The two make an awesome tandem. Peter worked incessantly to make a same-day video that we featured at the reception. It was a show-stopper!

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this thorough, kindly written review for Lulan Studio - we greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this! Wishing you all the happiness and love :)
    Jenny Married on 10/10/2020

Absolutely stunning photos!

We got a gallery of amazing photos for our wedding photoshoot. Among those amazing photos, there were so many exceptionally, absolutely breathtaking, and incredible ones that we felt like models on a magazine cover. What more can you ask for? Actually Lulan and his team do a lot more. We actually found him because we were looking for someone with experience taking Chinese Weddings.

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

Happy to have been a part of your special day! Thank you for this 5 star review, we greatly appreciate it!
  • Koel
    Koel B. Married on 03/14/2020

The bestttt!

Lulan is a phenomenal photographer! He is super talented and artistic, and his work is truly next level.

Lulan and his associate captured our wedding day and rehearsal dinner. They were very friendly and polite, and did an incredible job capturing our special day. Thank you so much!! :)

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

You look so stunning, Koel! We loved how your photos turned out. Thank you for this kind review, we really appreciate it!
  • Viktoriya
    Viktoriya K. Married on 02/22/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Very satisfying experience from the beginning until the end

Lulan exceeded our expectations doing our Engagement photoshoot. He was very patient, professional and helpful while working with us. We did our shoot at Graystone Mansion and were extremally happy when we saw the final photos. We traveled from a different state and he went above and beyond assisting us with all our questions we had, I would highly recommend him and his team to anyone who is looking for a professional photographer.

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind review, Viktoriya! We had so much fun. Your words mean so much so us. Thank you for choosing Lulan Studio!
    Haley T. Married on 01/11/2020

Stunning photos

Lulan is an amazing photographer who is a quick shot and has a clear vision. He helped us feel so comfortable while shooting. Highly recommend!

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

Your photos turned out amazing, Haley! We are so happy that you love them. Thank you for the 5 stars!!
    Robert B. Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing! Perfect in every way

Pictures are absolutely stunning! Could not have been any more happier! A++++

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Robert! We love knowing how happy you are with your photos. Cheers and thank you for choosing us!
    Tanya W. Married on 09/19/2019

Romantically Candid!

Lulan is one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! He’s a complete professional, and very willing to help/cooperate with what you want/need. Even down to giving me a ride when I desperately needed it! For the Photos he took for our engagement and our wedding day, I couldn’t believe his prices. They were incredibly romantic yet candid! Exactly how we wanted them! I feel so thankful to have met him and his team. You won’t go wrong!

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

We got you, Tanya! Thank you for this great review, your photos turned out amazing!! Wishing you all the love and happiness :)
  • I
    Inez Married on 08/17/2019

So happy chose them!

Lulan Photography did such a beautiful job on our wedding. We hired them to be our photographer and videographer. From day one working with them, they were very patient with our questions and went above and beyond to make sure we were 100% happy with the final result. The photos, video, and album came out amazing! The album told a story and our families were in awe of the work they put into every aspect for our wedding. We are very happy we hired them!

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this kind review, Inez! It was a pleasure capturing your special day :) Wishing you all the happiness and love!
  • Brianna
    Brianna M. Married on 06/18/2019

Best wedding photographer

Lulan and his team were amazing! The day was such a blur, but his pictures brought my wedding to life. He is the best out there to work with.

Lulan Wedding Photography's reply:

Some of our favorite photos. Thank you for taking the time to review us, Brianna. It means the world!
illustration stars