Lucilles Floral of Fishkill Reviews

Lucilles Floral of Fishkill 5
Lucilles Floral of Fishkill 6

Christine · Married on 05/01/2010

3.0

I really trusted Lucille and enjoyed working with her, but we were disappointed with the outcome. Since I did feel so possitively toward her, I was actually a bit hurt that it seemed she skimped on the flowers and put little care into arranging them neatly. We were to have one arrangement which had about six hanging candles from large branches. Well, the branches were not well secured in the container, so our venue would not light it. She used the wrong color flower for our mothers' corsages. My mom walked me down the aisle, and I don't like the corsage she was wearing, nor did it go well with her gown. Also, she used a huge amount of ribbon and not enough flowers on the corsages. She did not make my husbands boutineir like the picture we showed her. There weren't enough petals in the aisle. I feel that she was careless with the details that were so important to us. If using Lucille, I would simply ask her to write into the contractnthe number of flowers and their colors, to be used in each arrangement and corsage. Doing that you should be fine.

Sent on 07/05/2010

Lyndsey · Married on 08/23/2014

3.8
      3.0

Lucille was so friendly and responsive to all my needs. She listened and guided me, even when I did not have a clear vision for all of my flower needs and changed my mind about a month out. The center pieces were wonderful, the bridesmaids bouquets were nice, but there was a little problem with my bouquet that her assistants were able to fix that morning and the flower girls bouquet was not exactly what I thought we had discussed. My only big complaint is that Lucille was actually not at my wedding, which I found out would be the case earlier that week and her assistants were sent in her place. These girls were not ready, in my opinion, to handle this kind of job alone. I was getting ready on sight and they consistently kept asking me questions and one of my bridesmaids finally had to tell them to stop as it was starting to stress me out. I am very torn on my review of this vendor as I truly like Lucille, her vision and her shop, however, it just did not all pan out as planned.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Tiffany · Married on 10/24/2010

3.6
      3.0

the flowers were gorgeous for my wedding and the cost was great. The only thing i did not like was that my flowers were an hour and a half or so late for my wedding. Which is really annoying when your on a time crunch on your wedding day.That is the reason i gave Lucille's florist a lower score on quality of service not because the flowers weren't beautiful because they were but because they were so late. but the flowers were indeed beautiful. Lucille made my wedding bouquet exactly the way i wanted and everyone kept raving about how pretty my flowers were.

Sent on 10/28/2010

Rebecca · Married on 08/25/2017

3.4
      2.5

Lucille's did a great job at our wedding! When I went in for my appointment I wasn't really sure what I wanted - I had some general ideas but I don't know too much about flowers. We went with Lucille's recommendations and everything came out great! The centerpieces, bouquets, and ceremony flowers were beautiful and I was so glad we got to take them home to enjoy them for more than 1 day.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Caren · Married on 05/25/2008

3.0

I must begin by saying that the flowers for my wedding were beautiful. All of the arrangements were what I had asked for and they looked great. The quality of the flowers was also very good.When my mother and I first went to discuss the floral arangements, we spoke with the owner for about a half hour. She showed us books and was very patient and helpful. This was one of the main reasons that I chose to go with Lucille's for my wedding. I had an idea of what I wanted in my head, and I needed a professional to help me make it a reality. After this tentative meeting, I made a down payment. A few weeks after that, I wanted to change my flowers from one type to another which I found more elegant, and I also wanted to try and downsize slightly, as our budget had gotten away from us. This time I spoke with a woman working there and the owner was right behind her, but refused to address me. She would only address her employee. I made one suggestion about including fewer flowers in the centerpeices, and the owner actually told the employee that would look stupid. I was standing right there, and she actually raised her voice several times. I felt very upset when I left the shop and not at all excited about my flowers. I would say that if you are on a budget, Lucille's is not accomodating in working with it. They actually seemed annoyed and spoke to me as such. When the flowers did arrive, they were very nice, but one of the corsages for a grandparent was left out. I never went back to get my money back because of the way they had previously treated me, I just didn't want to deal with attitude. In addition to the fact that one grandparent had no flowers, one of the groomsmans flowers broke within the first five minutes of the ceremony. I was satisfied by Lucille's but certainly not delighted, and if one of my friends were getting married, I would not reccomend them.

Sent on 09/09/2008
  • meredith828

Meredith · Married on 09/25/2009

2.8
      2.0

I was very disappointed with Lucille. I sent pictures of EXACTLY what I wanted and even went over everything via phone, but when the flowers arrived on my wedding day they looked completely different. The flowers I received photographed well and weren't horrible, they just weren't what I ordered and I was very disappointed. Lucille refused to come to the phone on numerous occassions when I called and just had something else talk to me, which I thought was extremely unprofessional since I could hear her in the background. I would not use her as a florist.

Sent on 10/20/2009

1.8
      0.0
      2.5

I went with Lucilles because she was my venue's preferred vendor for table centerpieces and included in the price of my wedding package with them. I had searched for something I liked because Mums were the only thing on the list provided to me, and I am NOT a fan of Mums. I wanted something different. On my visit with Lucille I had to wait for her to arrive and be ready for me, then she automatically started asking how many people in my wedding party... like how many bridesmaids and groomsmen etc. When I told her I was going a different route for my bouquets her demeanor changed. I told her what I wanted or my centerpieces and all she commented was that those flowers are expensive. Not even telling me how much more I could pay for what I wanted then what was included with my package. It took her a moment to suggest a flower that would work. Then when I also asked for ivy she made a comment that it would have to be cut to short and wasn't worth it. I had some picks I wanted included and when I told her they were skulls I got a look like "what?" . Over all I did not like my experience and was extremely upset and worried that my flowers would not be what I envisioned. I was right my centerpieces were not what I wanted and I was upset. However the stuff I paid extra for was lovely, an extra arrangement for my memorial table and extra to decorate the arch where my ceremony was held. If I had a choice I would not chose this business for my flowers. Sorry...

Sent on 06/16/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 07/19/2008

1.4
      0.0

Nice flowers, but horrible service. Brought flowers to the wrong location, brought incorrect flowers to church and home, left flowers outside reception venue, did not put flowers where they were to be at the church and then blamed the church. Dishonest and unprofessional... stay clear!

Sent on 08/06/2008