Lovin Oven Cakery Reviews

Lovin Oven Cakery 7
  • Amy

Amy Chanapai · Married on 08/30/2019

Gorgeous and Simple

Part of our wedding package was a customized cake from Lovin' Oven Cakery and we were ecstatic. We had 5 tiers and every tier was a different yummy combination. The only thing that was tough was that our tasting was all the way in Antioch. We received many compliments on the "naked" style cake. Their other pastries are awesome as well.

Sent on 09/11/2019
    Lovin Oven Cakery 8
  • Taylor

Taylor Abrahamson · Married on 07/13/2019

Delicious and Pretty

Lovin Oven made us the perfect pretty purple ombre cake that was also delicious! Everyone said they loved it. It was included in our wedding package for the country club, so we only had to pay the up charge for the ombre. Looking forward to getting our top tier re-created for our first anniversary as well!

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Erin

Erin Wagner · Married on 05/18/2019

Exactly what I dreamed it would be!

Not only was the tasting delicious and fun but the staff was super friendly and accommodating. We told them what we envisioned and that’s exactly what we got and more! The cake was beautiful, unique (airplane themed) and delicious! We also had Lovin’ Oven make airplane cookies for our wedding guests to take after the reception and they were perfection! Thank you Lovin’ Oven!!

Sent on 07/22/2019
    Lovin Oven Cakery 9
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 04/27/2019

Willy Wonka of Cakes!!

Words cannot explain how much we loved our cake! We did a naked marble cake, with buttercream, and my florist decorated the cake with greenery & floral. I’m not a cake person at all. But after having this cake, I was HOOKED! Our guests loved it as well.

Sent on 05/19/2019
    Lovin Oven Cakery 10
    Lovin Oven Cakery 11
  • Kari

Kari · Married on 04/13/2019

Best cake ever!

Lovin Oven worked with our venue to have the cake included. We are so grateful for this because the cake ended up being the best cake we have ever had. Lovin' Oven allowed us to build the layers with all different flavors and fillings so we weren't held to just one flavor and their frosting was so light. They also coordinated everything with our venue so after selecting the flavors we didn't have to do anything else. The design was also beautiful. Along with our cake they made an smash cake for one of our guests who was celebrating their first birthday which was a great touch! It was a great team to work with and they have a great program to provide a new topper on our one year anniversary. We can't wait to get a fresh cake next year rather than a topper that was in the freezer for a year.

Sent on 05/07/2019
    Lovin Oven Cakery 12
    Lovin Oven Cakery 13

Jynell · Married on 04/06/2019

Great Cake

I like cake more so than frosting and this place delivers. Everyone loved the cake (we opted for cupcakes) and there were no leftovers. At our tasting we got to try all kinds of cakes and fillings. Everything was moist and delicious. The decorations on them was amazing as well and since we ended up with 4 different cake types with 4 different fillings, they allowed us to have different decorations on top to denote the different.
    They were included in our vendor package.

Sent on 04/09/2019
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 03/30/2019

Best wedding cake ever? Possibly.

Not going to lie, we didn't actually choose Lovin' Oven as it's the bakery that partners with our venue and cake was included in the reception cost.
    That said, I'm so pleased with this partnership! As part of our food tasting we got a cake sample to-go kit that had a box of popular cakes and a box of toppings. That was great because it saved us an appointment. Only "complaint" is some cake types only had 1 piece vs. 2 & I would have liked another to try more flavor pairings. It was tough to pick as there were so many good choices.
    Picking the design was easy. Our venue coordinator presented us with a book of pictures. We picked one we liked. Could I have scoured pinterest to find one? Yes. Was this easier? Yes! The design we picked had an extra fee for some hand-placed edible pearls. When we didn't want to incur the cost, they offered to do dots in buttercream at no charge. Win!
    The cake was so good! Lemon cake with raspberry buttercream inside & white buttercream outside. The frosting was so light, I would've sworn it was whipped cream. I brought some extra cake in to work & 3 weeks later a co-worker was still talking about how good the cake was.

Sent on 05/02/2019

Danielle Kelly · Married on 02/23/2019

Beautiful Cake!

Lovin Oven has been our go-to for cakes for years. My fiancee proposed with a cake from there, so we knew we had to get our wedding cake from them, too! It was EXACTLY what we wanted, absolutely beautiful, and tasted even better. We are so happy with it and felt like they were very reasonable.

Sent on 03/03/2019
    Lovin Oven Cakery 14
  • Lisa

Lisa Fei · Married on 01/15/2019

Making memories sweet, capturing our vision...Priceless

I can't even tell you that Lovin Oven is spot on as always, anyone in Lake County knows this! I was so happy to hear my venue was contracted with them. From our tasting, to telling the wedding staff our vision, and even having them provide the donuts for our donut wall, it was all amazing. Our theme was winter wonderland, THEY CAPUTURED IT from cake to donuts, and the taste, it is always spot on!

Sent on 01/19/2019
    Lovin Oven Cakery 15
    Lovin Oven Cakery 16
    Lovin Oven Cakery 17
    Lovin Oven Cakery 18

Joline Wissing · Married on 11/27/2018

Absolutely the very best!

Not ONLY a fabulous LOOKING cake but JUST AS DELICIOUS. Yes … there was an upcharge, and it wasn't cheap … BUT … it was worth "every single penny". 5 tiers - all different cake and filling - and each tier was decorated ABSOLUTELY PERFECTLY GORGEOUS. Our daughter and her husband deserved the best … and got the very best! thank you Loving Oven for your expertise in EVERY aspect of your production!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Alexandra · Married on 09/29/2018

Gorgeous cake!

They did a fantastic job with our cake even after changing directions on them a few weeks before the wedding. Our cake was beautiful and tasted great!

Sent on 01/03/2019
    Lovin Oven Cakery 19

Mark · Married on 09/01/2018

Lovin Oven was great! Their Antioch location has a beautiful new bridal suite section that was perfect for wedding planning and for the tasting. They were very easy to work with, had great prices, and created a cake that was exactly what we wanted for our wedding. They have so many options for cake and the design is fully customizable so you can get exactly what you need. It was also DELICIOUS! I would highly recommend them for a wedding or really any event!

Sent on 09/30/2018
    Lovin Oven Cakery 20

Kirstie · Married on 05/25/2018

I had my wedding at the Westin in Itasca and this is the bakery they are connected with. Boy am I glad my venue worked with a bakery that tastes so good! I was worried that it wouldn't be good since I did not get to choose my own, but it was perfect. The cake was very moist and fresh tasting on the day of the wedding. It also looked awesome! I LOVED it! I brought them two different pictures and told them I wanted a mixture of the two and they nailed it. I also love their option of getting a new fresh layer for free on your first anniversary if you provide them with a high res photo. We were able to eat our top layer throughout the week and not stuff it in the freezer since we knew we'd get a new one later. Bottom line: Lovin' Oven Cakery is highly recommended!

Sent on 06/21/2018
    Lovin Oven Cakery 21
    Lovin Oven Cakery 22
    Lovin Oven Cakery 23
    Lovin Oven Cakery 24

Jennifer · Married on 05/19/2018

Beautiful cake for our wedding! Exactly what we wanted! Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/02/2018
    Lovin Oven Cakery 25
    Lovin Oven Cakery 26

J Mcdick · Married on 02/24/2018

Extrordinary!

We all know the wedding planning process can be overwhelming. When it comes to selecting the "Perfect" cake for this special day, Lovin Oven is the ONLY choice you should make. From the moment you sit down and start the designing and tasting, you feel like family. They take such pride in their work to ensure EVERYTHING about your cake is above your own standards. Beautiful & Delicious! Thank you Lovin Oven!

Sent on 02/15/2019

Lovin Oven Cakery's reply:

You're welcome! We were so happy to be a part of your special day and are so glad that you enjoyed the process and the cake.

Elle · Married on 01/20/2018

Lovin oven was absolutely fantastic to work with. They took the time to get to know me and my parents while doing our tastin. They let us taste extra samples because we couldn’t make up her mind and they even agreed to match the lace from my invitations to the design on my cake. All of this thoughtfulness and effort just shows how much they cared and truly made the centerpiece of my wedding gorgeous

Sent on 02/01/2018

Samantha · Married on 09/30/2017

My brother used Lovin' Ovens for his wedding 10 years ago and his cake was so memorably delicious that it was pretty much a no-brainer to use them for mine. Even if they hadn't been part of the package at our reception site, I would have used them. The tasting alone will blow your mind. Each layer of every cake they make is also layered, so you choose a type of cake and a flavor of filling. The combinations are totally up to you, and each tier of your cake can be a different combination. We had a three-tiered cake: chocolate with vanilla cream filling, white cake with cherry filling (hands down the best filling, and they said it doesn't get used very often!) and red velvet with vanilla cream filling. Also known as delicious, delicious, delicious. Our guests were raving about how good it was. Their design book is huge and always growing. We picked a style from the book and made a few tweaks to make it our own. Our contact, Lindsay, was very friendly and made the entire process very easy. When I had to leave her a message with our final count, she called me back within 10 minutes just to confirm she'd received my message and made the note on our file. As a cool added bonus, if you send them a professional picture of your cake, they'll remake the top tier for free on your first wedding anniversary, so you don't have to have a huge chunk of cake taking up space in your freezer for a year. (They probably do that because no one could actually resist eating their cake for that long.) They make great cakes for other occasions, too!

Sent on 01/07/2013

Lovin Oven Cakery's reply:

Thank you so much for the review and we are so honored to have been a part of your big day!

Krista · Married on 09/23/2017

Lovin Oven made us a small cake for my husband and I to cut. I never had bought anything from there but heard great things and have seen their artwork and knew that the day I got married I was using them for our cake. It was an adorable small round cake that they made look like birch wood and put out initials on it with a heart making it look like it was carved into the tree. It was exactly what I pictured. And they don’t only look good they taste good too, also very important! They’re worth every penny! Highly recommend using them as your baker for your big day!

Sent on 10/04/2017
    Lovin Oven Cakery 27

Victoria · Married on 09/03/2017

Our wedding cake was from Lovin Oven and it was beautiful and absolutely delicious! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Molly · Married on 09/02/2017

Lovin Oven made our dream wedding cake!! It was as delicious as it was beautiful!! Thanks so much Lovin Oven!!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Rachel Joyce · Married on 08/18/2017

Our cake was amazing and everything I wanted!

Sent on 08/31/2017

Abigail · Married on 07/02/2017

the cakes are all great and so are the people!

Sent on 12/07/2016
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/28/2017

Lovin Oven is the only place I will ever buy a cake from ever again... they are truly fantastic. The cake was stunning, the staff was friendly and helped us take our vision and turn it into reality, and it tasted wonderful. I could not be more happy with how it turned out. Thank you!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Melanie · Married on 04/29/2017

Our wedding cake was gorgeous and tasted delicious! Our guests complimented the cake all night. There was a point in the evening when I wondered why everyone was still sitting at their tables...every single one of them was eating their piece of cake. Lovin Oven worked with us to determine what we wanted in both design and flavor, and they far exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 07/21/2017

Jamie · Married on 04/22/2017

I can't say enough good words about our cake that was made for our wedding. We worked with Alexandra Yates at Lovin Oven and she was fabulous.
    When I saw the cake on our wedding day I was blown away. We did a combination Minion / Lego custom cake and it turned out so beautifully. Not only did the cake look great it tasted so good. We received so many compliments on our cake and people wanted seconds even during the evening. The entire cake was eaten. I was just so impressed. I would absolutely order from Lovin Oven in the future for any bakery needs.

Sent on 04/28/2017