Lovin Oven Cakery Reviews

199 Reviews for Lovin Oven Cakery

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

199 Lovin Oven Cakery Reviews

Mark · Married on 09/01/2018

Lovin Oven was great! Their Antioch location has a beautiful new bridal suite section that was perfect for wedding planning and for the tasting. They were very easy to work with, had great prices, and created a cake that was exactly what we wanted for our wedding. They have so many options for cake and the design is fully customizable so you can get exactly what you need. It was also DELICIOUS! I would highly recommend them for a wedding or really any event!

Lovin Oven Cakery 1

Kirstie · Married on 05/25/2018

I had my wedding at the Westin in Itasca and this is the bakery they are connected with. Boy am I glad my venue worked with a bakery that tastes so good! I was worried that it wouldn't be good since I did not get to choose my own, but it was perfect. The cake was very moist and fresh tasting on the day of the wedding. It also looked awesome! I LOVED it! I brought them two different pictures and told them I wanted a mixture of the two and they nailed it. I also love their option of getting a new fresh layer for free on your first anniversary if you provide them with a high res photo. We were able to eat our top layer throughout the week and not stuff it in the freezer since we knew we'd get a new one later. Bottom line: Lovin' Oven Cakery is highly recommended!

Lovin Oven Cakery 2
    Lovin Oven Cakery 3
    Lovin Oven Cakery 4
    Lovin Oven Cakery 5

Jennifer · Married on 05/19/2018

Beautiful cake for our wedding! Exactly what we wanted! Highly recommend!

Lovin Oven Cakery 6
    Lovin Oven Cakery 7

Elle · Married on 01/20/2018

Lovin oven was absolutely fantastic to work with. They took the time to get to know me and my parents while doing our tastin. They let us taste extra samples because we couldn’t make up her mind and they even agreed to match the lace from my invitations to the design on my cake. All of this thoughtfulness and effort just shows how much they cared and truly made the centerpiece of my wedding gorgeous

Samantha · Married on 09/30/2017

My brother used Lovin' Ovens for his wedding 10 years ago and his cake was so memorably delicious that it was pretty much a no-brainer to use them for mine. Even if they hadn't been part of the package at our reception site, I would have used them. The tasting alone will blow your mind. Each layer of every cake they make is also layered, so you choose a type of cake and a flavor of filling. The combinations are totally up to you, and each tier of your cake can be a different combination. We had a three-tiered cake: chocolate with vanilla cream filling, white cake with cherry filling (hands down the best filling, and they said it doesn't get used very often!) and red velvet with vanilla cream filling. Also known as delicious, delicious, delicious. Our guests were raving about how good it was. Their design book is huge and always growing. We picked a style from the book and made a few tweaks to make it our own. Our contact, Lindsay, was very friendly and made the entire process very easy. When I had to leave her a message with our final count, she called me back within 10 minutes just to confirm she'd received my message and made the note on our file. As a cool added bonus, if you send them a professional picture of your cake, they'll remake the top tier for free on your first wedding anniversary, so you don't have to have a huge chunk of cake taking up space in your freezer for a year. (They probably do that because no one could actually resist eating their cake for that long.) They make great cakes for other occasions, too!

Sent on 01/07/2013

Lovin Oven Cakery's reply:

Thank you so much for the review and we are so honored to have been a part of your big day!

Krista · Married on 09/23/2017

Lovin Oven made us a small cake for my husband and I to cut. I never had bought anything from there but heard great things and have seen their artwork and knew that the day I got married I was using them for our cake. It was an adorable small round cake that they made look like birch wood and put out initials on it with a heart making it look like it was carved into the tree. It was exactly what I pictured. And they don’t only look good they taste good too, also very important! They’re worth every penny! Highly recommend using them as your baker for your big day!

Lovin Oven Cakery 8

Victoria · Married on 09/03/2017

Our wedding cake was from Lovin Oven and it was beautiful and absolutely delicious! Would highly recommend!

Molly · Married on 09/02/2017

Lovin Oven made our dream wedding cake!! It was as delicious as it was beautiful!! Thanks so much Lovin Oven!!

Rachel Joyce · Married on 08/18/2017

Our cake was amazing and everything I wanted!

Abigail · Married on 07/02/2017

the cakes are all great and so are the people!

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/28/2017

Lovin Oven is the only place I will ever buy a cake from ever again... they are truly fantastic. The cake was stunning, the staff was friendly and helped us take our vision and turn it into reality, and it tasted wonderful. I could not be more happy with how it turned out. Thank you!

Melanie · Married on 04/29/2017

Our wedding cake was gorgeous and tasted delicious! Our guests complimented the cake all night. There was a point in the evening when I wondered why everyone was still sitting at their tables...every single one of them was eating their piece of cake. Lovin Oven worked with us to determine what we wanted in both design and flavor, and they far exceeded our expectations.

Jamie · Married on 04/22/2017

I can't say enough good words about our cake that was made for our wedding. We worked with Alexandra Yates at Lovin Oven and she was fabulous.
    When I saw the cake on our wedding day I was blown away. We did a combination Minion / Lego custom cake and it turned out so beautifully. Not only did the cake look great it tasted so good. We received so many compliments on our cake and people wanted seconds even during the evening. The entire cake was eaten. I was just so impressed. I would absolutely order from Lovin Oven in the future for any bakery needs.

Susan · Married on 03/26/2017

Our wedding cake is still being talked about by our wedding guests. It was delicious and the staff at Lovin' Oven was helpful. Our cake was included in our package with our venue and I was nervous at first that we didn't have a say in which bakery to use, but it worked out great. We dropped off our cake topper and they put it on for us and it looked awesome.

Abby · Married on 11/12/2016

The Lovin Oven was the bakery used by our venue for wedding cake for our November 12, 2016 wedding. I cannot say enough good things about this bakery!! Alexandra, the consultant, made our tasting and cake designing easy and fun!! The shop is so easy to work with and very professional. The cake was DELICIOUS!!!! We have received countless compliments on the design and taste of the cake! I highly recommend Lovin Oven for all cake needs!

Amy · Married on 10/15/2016

The cake from Lovin Oven was included in the cost of our Reception Venue. We ran into a small issue when we went for our tasting. We had made the appointment months ahead of time to make sure I could get a weekend appointment. When it came to the day of the appointment, I called just to confirm that we were all set because I had my parents traveling over an hour to be at the appointment with us. The girl who answered told me she checked the book and we were good to go. Unfortunately when we got there we were not actually in the appointment book and another couple was there for their tasting that was scheduled at the same time. After asking about how that could have happened it turned out that the wedding specialist we made our appointment with had left the company abruptly and apparently took her appointment book with her. They ended up squeezing us in to time between other appointments which wasn't ideal but they did do everything they could to make up for the mix up. The appointment went fine, the cake looked and tasted great the day of and overall I am happy with them.

Lovin Oven did an amazing job making and decorating our wedding cake! We got so many compliments on our cake throughout the night and even after the wedding. It turned out exactly how I imagined it to.. Thanks again!

Cindy · Married on 09/24/2016

Awesome cake. Exactly what we envisioned! Fantastic choice of cake flavors, fillings, and frosting.

carly · Married on 09/10/2016

Absolutely delicious. I can't wait to eat my anniversary cake from my wedding

Becca · Married on 08/13/2016

Most importantly this cake is absolutely delicious!! I decided last minute (about a month and a half before the wedding) that I was going to use Lovin' Oven. I contacted Alexandra and she was professional and quick in her response! My family had previously had Lovin' Oven on other occasions so I felt incredibly comfortable ordering cake without a tasting. We chose three tiers (red velvet with french silk filling, chocolate with french silk filling, and yellow with chocolate silk filling). We had guests that thanked us for ordering Lovin' Oven cake!! Our design of the cake was perfect! I really enjoyed working with this company!

Holly · Married on 08/06/2016

Our cake was not only beautiful but delicious! They were very professional and very helpful in finding the perfect cake for our day! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to get quality service!

Lovin Oven is the official bakery for our wedding venue. We just had a cake tasting with Erica. She was absolutely helpful with creating a design. Looking forward to seeing the cake up close and personal.

Erin · Married on 07/09/2016

Our cake was fabulous. The whole process of picking the flavors and the decoration was so easy and fun! The cake turned out gorgeous and tasted amazing. They are a fantastic bakery!

We still have our tasting coming up, but having reached out to Erica and her walking us through the package we have through our venue, I am very excited that we will be having Lovin Oven Cakery supply our cake. They have a great selection and a beautiful gallery online and I have heard from other people who go to them for other occasions.

Can't wait to try their cake selections!

Melissa · Married on 07/02/2016

Service was wonderful! Prompt replies and detail-oriented employees. We had a great tasting. Their selection is all delicious! The cake and cupcakes turned out exactly as I imagined. My guests warmly commented on the well decorated and delicious sweets. I would recommend Lovin Oven to cater to a wedding event to anyone who loves sweets!