Lovesick, Inc. Reviews

80 | Philadelphia, PA

80 Reviews for Lovesick, Inc.

1 User photo

Lovesick, Inc. 1

Jeanette Lalla · Married on 06/04/2019

Simply the best!

Having Jon and the team from Lovesick provide the music for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made when planning for our day. Jon is an awesome guy and really worked with us to curate our day. He took the time to talk to us, listen to us, learn our musical style, and made sure he was going to be able to represent us and have our guests dancing at our wedding. His recommendations and suggestions were so helpful, he is a true professional that I would recommend to everyone and anyone. I can't wait to have another party because I will book them again and again!

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Michael

Michael Brennan · Married on 05/25/2019

Redefined how I see the wedding DJ exp

They were absolutely perfect. Let me preface - I work at a record label and approached this entire DJ process with cynicism, thinking that we just need to find someone to do a "good enough" job with the playlists we crafted. I had no idea how pleased we could be.

We were looking for a "non-cheesy" DJ experience and found that + more. Both Tom and Jon are incredible guys and despite our wide-ranging taste in music (motown, folk, indie, pop, hip hop, classics, etc.), they understood our vibes with almost no effort on our part. They were even familiar with the deep cuts on my playlist. The whole thing was incredibly easy. They had *sound* technical recommendations for the more structured aspects of our reception (intro songs based on our vibes, when to fade out the first dance, etc.). The few surprises they had in store for us on the dancefloor really upped the ante. No unnecessary interactions with the crowd. We even forgot to tell them what we wanted for a "last song" and their selection was not only on-brand for our vibes, but it was just a uniquely fantastic finish.

Countless friends of mine said they were the best DJ's at any wedding they've ever been to. My brother-in-law said the last 5 songs played was the best "last 5" he's ever heard. I lost count of the amount of people who came up to me to praise these guys.

We were all too tired to go hard at the after party, which is honestly the biggest show of success in my mind (huge blessing in disguise, btw - in my opinion, if you can end the reception with everyone exhausted, you've won). Even our biggest party animals were just beat after dancing so hard.

Sent on 05/28/2019

H & R · Married on 03/16/2019

Most fun DJs

Lovesick were THE DJ our wedding planner recommended and we are SO happy to have them on our team. Tom and Jon created an incredible night for us, from the ceremony through to the last dance. They were so thoughtful and fun and were somehow able to create playlists for the cocktail hour and reception that reflected both of our divergent musical tastes AND kept people on the dance floor the whole night. I lost count of the number of times I said to myself, “I love this song how did they know??” We really appreciated how active they were in talking with us to craft the entire night and how they encouraged us to not just stick with what we thought wedding music was “supposed” to be to so that the night really reflected us.

Sent on 03/30/2019

Hana · Married on 02/23/2019

Incredible DJs

Lovesick made our wedding an unforgettable evening, and ensured that the entire night truly felt like “us”. On our first intro call with Jon, my husband and I knew we needed to work with Lovesick—they were clearly music experts, and understood/appreciated our taste :) We loved the idea that anything could be “wedding music”, even if it wasn’t something that would necessarily come to mind when creating a dance party playlist (eg Radiohead). As we got closer to the event, we had calls with Tom as well, and he helped us choose our processional and recessional music, our entry song, and walked us through the timeline with overall music choices for the event.

Tom and Jon are an amazing team—they arrived early, coordinated with our officiant, worked with our Dhol Player, and played a crazy awesome assortment of music throughout the cocktail hour and reception. Tom also found/directed us around the venue throughout the evening to make sure we were in the right place at the right time to keep the schedule moving along.

There were many times throughout the night where a song would start and my husband or I would just turn to smile at the two of them because they just KNEW it was what we needed/wanted to hear in that moment. You should also know that they are out there partying with you the entire time, jamming out to the music with you and your guests. They clearly have passion and talent—the dance floor was packed the entire evening, and we continue to get tons of compliments on the music.

We cannot thank them enough for making it such a memorable night. You cannot go wrong with Lovesick :)

Sent on 03/01/2019

Sarah Gelles · Married on 01/26/2019

Kept the Dance Floor Packed!

One of our top priorities for our wedding was that the dance floor be packed, all the time. We wanted a wedding that was fun, and that no one wanted to leave. Thanks in large part to Tom from Lovesick, that's exactly what happened. Tom had the dance floor rocking, from start to finish. He eschewed the cliche wedding songs and played the music we liked, and the result was that we (and our guests) wished the wedding had gone on even longer.

Leading up to the wedding, Tom took the time to get to know us and our musical tastes. We shared a spotify playlist and had multiple phone calls, bouncing ideas off him about both the ceremony and party. His advice about everything from the order of events to what song to walk down the aisle to was on point, and his confidence and attention to detail made it easy to trust him. His mc'ing throughout the wedding helped make sure that our wedding flowed, and even the cocktail music was great and tailored to our tastes.

Tom is not only great at DJ'ing; he also knows a lot about weddings. His advice about how to structure our wedding (i.e. when to do the first dance, the toasts, etc.) was perfect, as were his ideas about music for the ceremony. He worked seamlessly with our wedding planner and was a pleasure to talk to throughout the process. He made us feel from the start like his goal was to get to know us, which is a great feeling as a couple. The results show that he did just that, and we couldn't recommend him more.

Sent on 06/23/2019
  • Michele

Michele · Married on 10/28/2018

Amazing! You have to hire them for your event

Tom and Adam were so amazing!! I was totally floored by them and their talent! Two gems and they rocked the house so much that I could not stop dancing all night!! I am so impressed by them and anyone who hires them will not be disappointed! Perfection

Sent on 11/05/2018

Ed Schrom · Married on 10/27/2018

Awesome DJs in Every Regard

Lovesick was fantastic in every step of the process. They asked questions, listened intently, and made a point to understand our personality as a couple and what our dream wedding looked like. They adopted our vision and then pulled it off seamlessly. What's more, they could not have been more friendly along the way. In terms of specifics:

Tiffany was very quick to respond to all of our questions leading up to the wedding. The team as a whole met all of our logistical needs - microphones, multiple music set-ups, etc. - without ever trying sell us things we didn't need. Jon offered great advice on how to structure our reception to be the most fun for us and our guests, though he was clear that he would happily do whatever my wife and I requested. Jon was interested to learn about all our favorite music, NOT just what we thought was "wedding material" or "dance songs." He took time to understand even the weirder fringes of our musical tastes (like my love of Aesop Rock, Talib Kweli, etc.). On the wedding day, Jon and Adam found just the right music to keep our guests excited and dancing, while also reflecting our personal tastes. They even snuck some of the more niche sounds into quieter parts of the evening, like dinner, for my wife and I to recognize and smile at while everyone else carried on as normal. It made the whole evening feel tailored to us, and at the same time a blast for everyone. Jon was attentive before and during the wedding to know our schedule in detail, so that he and Adam could raise and lower the tempo and energy at just the right moments. Our dance floor was packed the whole evening, even with some of our most shy and reserved relatives, and the night ended with our guests repeatedly chanting "one more song!" We could not have asked for a more attentive, talented, down-to-earth, and unique crew.

Sent on 11/09/2018

Ali Wright · Married on 10/05/2018

Best DJ Company!

When my husband and I were discussing what kind of DJ we wanted for our wedding, we both had a similar picture in mind: unique, fun, ability to tailor song selection to our style, and high quality equipment. Adam from Lovesick was amazing from start to finish. Before the wedding, he met up with us to get to know us both as people and as customers. He genuinely seemed to take interest in our lives, which is perhaps why he was able to deliver such a good performance as our DJ. Not only did he help with the DJ portion of wedding, but he also gave so many great tips and suggestions for everything else! The song selection was great, the equipment was top notch, and everyone ended up having a great time. Thank you for everything Adam!

Sent on 11/08/2018
  • Kelley

Kelley · Married on 09/22/2018

Have to give Lovesick five stars! Working with Adam was simple and fun, and he executed out music perfectly on the day of! He worked with me throughout the wedding planning process, and was even available for last minute additions the night before the wedding :) He made all the music sound cohesive throughout the night, and everyone danced the night away! Thanks again to Adam and Lovesick for making our day so special!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Nissa · Married on 09/08/2018

Really had no experience with DJs so asked multiple people for recommendations, kept hearing Lovesick, so decided to go with them, and so glad i did! They were easy to communicate and work with and i basically told them some "do not play" songs and had them just go with it. Tiffany was their administrative coordinator and she was helpful and responsive. Tom was my DJ and couldn't have been a nicer guy and played a GREAT set, kept everyone dancing, and handled the cocktail hour music, speeches, intros, etc. Couldn't recommend them more!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Nicole · Married on 08/18/2018

Tom literally made the night. Tom was incredibly accommodating from our initial phone call all the way up to the wedding day. Our guests came for us, but stayed for Tom. We had so many of our friends and family from all ages and types tell us how much they loved the DJ and the music - and three weeks after our wedding, guests are still messaging us to tell us how much they loved the music! He kept it fun and bright during the cocktail hour, classic and heartfelt during dinner, and exciting and fun when we were all dancing. Multiple people commented on how it was the most people they’ve ever seen dance at a wedding. He took everything we asked for and made it better. Go with Lovesick.

Sent on 09/06/2018

Chelsea · Married on 07/21/2018

My husband and I wish we could give Lovesick more than five stars. Don't think twice. Book them. They are the kindest, most honest, genuine, and insanely talented DJ's. They will work with you throughout the wedding planning process and are always willing to be of assistance. Lovesick works with you to create the vision and vibe you imagine for your wedding. They make all the music sound cohesive. We are receiving endless compliments about the music, dancing, and energy at the wedding...that is like music to our ears and hopefully yours :)

Sent on 07/30/2018

Gabrielle · Married on 06/29/2018

Made my wedding day!

Tom and lovesick were incredible. I was apprehensive about getting a dj for my wedding originally because of the cheesy Djs at friends weddings but upon meeting with Tom I knew I was in good hands. Not only did he speak the perfect amount of time as requested but he killed it in his music choice. I truly could not have put together a better playlist, it was like he knew exactly what we liked even things we didn’t speak about! He also did an incredible job of not playing any song too long and was so intelligent with his selections and when he cut to certain songs that our dance floor was packed the entire night! Everyone was commenting on how amazing he was and myself and husband talk about throwing another party just so we can have him play again because it was that amazing. Lovesick was amazing and really made my wedding so much fun! I would suggest them to any and all brides!

Sent on 01/04/2019

Maureen · Married on 06/23/2018

Hiring Lovesick Inc for photo, film & music was hands down the BEST decision we made for our wedding. Their services were our big splurge for our otherwise small budget wedding, but in terms of value, what we received and experienced is easily worth 10x what we paid. Everyone we worked with from start to finish was kind, creative, genuine, prompt, professional and fun to be around. They don’t over complicate the process and their wedding wisdom knows no bounds. Our friends and family danced all night and the photos and video received so far are so beautiful and captured us and the feeling of the day so well. We are forever grateful to everyone at Lovesick for making our day and our memories so amazing.

Sent on 08/21/2018

Trisha · Married on 06/16/2018

I cannot give enough praise to these guys. Working with everyone at Lovesick Inc. from start to finish was easy, reliable, fun, professional and downright amazing. One of the biggest things I hated while wedding planning was having to deal with vendors not answering their emails quickly and working with Lovesick Inc. was a breath of fresh air. Tiffany would respond so quickly to every one of my emails and was an absolute pleasure to work with. We were able to meet Tom in person prior to booking him as our DJ and as soon as we left the meeting, we knew we wanted to book him. Tom is a musical genius and crafted the perfect playlist for what we wanted. He truly listened to what we said and was able to incorporate that into the music that he played at our wedding. We also didn’t know how to organize parts of the wedding and Tom was able to give us great ideas and we got so much positive feedback from guests on how the flow of the night went.I had so many people come up to me at the wedding and say that the whole night they felt like they were driving in my car because of how the music fit so perfectly for the vibe of our wedding. At one point my husband said that he was so happy because not a single person was sitting down and that’s the way a wedding should be – people were dancing the entire night. I actually didn’t even get to eat dessert because I did not leave the dance floor. Not only was Tom an absolutely amazing DJ, but working with him was a true delight – he was always happy, eager to help out when we wanted ideas, and so reliable. We did not have to worry about a single thing with Tom because he handled the wedding perfectly from start to finish. This recommendation does not even do Lovesick Inc. justice because to truly put into words how amazing they are is impossible. I would HIGHLY recommend Lovesick Inc. to anyone.

Sent on 07/10/2018

Amanda Rose · Married on 06/02/2018

Tom from Lovesick did an incredible job as DJ at our wedding. He was able to accommodate our requests from the ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception. He was able to deliver the right style of music for each phase of the day. We had a few surprise dances and Tom worked with us to make it happen flawlessly. Our most important requirement was to get people on the dance floor and he delivered. He has a great feel for the crowd and was able to put together a mix of music that satisfied everyone and kept the party going. He had multiple encore chants until the venue had to end the party. He also provided some invaluable suggestions during our planning sessions based on his experience at weddings. His professionalism and attention to detail were phenomenal and we are thrilled with our choice.

Sent on 10/08/2018
    Lovesick, Inc. 2

David · Married on 04/21/2018

I cannot say enough good things about Tom and Jon from Lovesick. While I mostly worked with Tom leading up to our wedding, both were amazing together on the night of the wedding. Leading up to the wedding, I met with Tom in person to grab drinks and discuss my overall vision for the evening. We chatted for about 2-3 hours, oftentimes wandering into unrelated topics of interest and then back again to business. I had a very particular vision for how I wanted my reception to be, and Tom took that to heart. I sent Tom all of the music I’ve ever liked and he synthesized a reception based on all of my music interests. Once him and Jon had a good idea of what I had in mind, we chatted on the phone again to go over things. Tom just gets it. He spends the time to get to know his clients and then puts together a specially crafted music experience. I wanted my reception to feel like a club by the end of the night and Tom and Jon totally delivered. My friends had an absolute blast! Tom was dropping tracks I hadn’t heard but absolutely loved, and I have to think that is because he really took into account the music I loved and then adapted it to the evening. My friends all thought the music was amazing. Tom and Jon were having a ton of fun with us, dawning glow stick headbands and jamming out. I realize this might not be the vibe everyone wants at their wedding, but this is EXACTLY what I wanted. I have no doubt that whatever vibe you want, Tom and Jon or anyone else in their crew can nail it. Our wedding was perfect and I couldn’t be happier I chose Lovesick. Do yourself a favor and book these guys. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. End of story. I just wish I could do this all over with them again! Thanks Tom!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Ayse · Married on 01/20/2018

My fiancé, at the time, came across Lovesick on instagram and then we were lucky enough to party with them at a birthday party in the city. They operated as a two man team. The music was hip and transitions were smooth. We had an interview with Jon over FaceTime and booked Lovesick for our wedding. They invited us to there wedding expo at the World Cafe Live, so much fun. Leading up to the big day we had two more interviews in which we discussed details of the music vibe we wanted, how to present and conduct the flow of events, and all necessary equipment needs. On the day of our wedding Jon and his partner were very attentive to us and when the time was right they brought the house down! It was comforting having such proffesionals leading our reception, and everyone enjoyed the dance floor.

Sent on 02/10/2018

taylor · Married on 10/28/2017

Seriously, stop looking for other DJ’s now. Lovesick is simply the best in the business! We had multiple people tell us they were the best DJ they have ever heard at a wedding (and we couldn’t agree more). Our wedding day would not have been as incredible without them.

These guys take the time to understand exactly what you want regardless of the “wedding industry standard”. The rules don’t apply to Lovesick and they make sure you understand that. They will do anything you want. They are masters of their craft when it comes to creating and controlling the flow of an event starting from the ceremony all the way to the last song of the night.

Over the year and a half of wedding planning we did not have a single minor or major problem interacting with Lovesick. They’re super responsive, always on top of things, and always willing to help. Jon was amazing to work with. We always felt calmer and more confident after talking with him. He’s a super rare mix of professional, insanely knowledgeable, and down to earth. There was not a single thing Lovesick could have done better.

Sent on 11/18/2017

Kaitlin · Married on 10/21/2017

I cannot say enough about Lovesick! Music is super important to my husband and I, so it was important to find a DJ who reflected our style! Lovesick is perfect if you want to go a less traditional route. Jon really took the time to get to know us and what we were into, and after our phone calls, we felt like he was an old friend! He really went above and beyond to make sure our reception went smoothly. I couldn't have picked a better playlist, it was the perfect combination of the indie/alternative music we love and some great classics! There wasn't a moment when the dance floor was empty!! We had such an amazing time, and it's safe to say our guests did as well! I highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/29/2017

WE LOVE LOVESICK, INC!! They were awesome to work with! They took time to talk to us on the phone when we were searching for a DJ and Videography, they really wanted to get to know us and what we were looking for from a DJ and Videographer. After I filled out the Event Form, I got to speak to the Videographer and DJ on the phone again. They went over everything that would happen on the wedding day. When the wedding day arrived, they arrived on time and immediately got to work. Our videographers were so friendly, that we enjoyed hanging out with them all day. When the reception started, the DJ got the party going right away with how he introduced the bridal party. And then when it was time for dancing, the DJ kept people on the dance floor all night; which was exactly what we wanted. I would recommend Lovesick, Inc to everyone!!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Ellen · Married on 06/17/2017

Best wedding ever!! My daughter got married at Waterloo Village, a rustic venue in northwest NJ. Lovesick was incredible!! I've never been to a wedding before where the dance floor was totally packed the entire evening! There's nothing else to say except that they're amazing!!

Sent on 06/25/2017

Derek · Married on 06/10/2017

There is so much to say about the crew at Lovesick, but I'll try to keep this short and sweet! If you're considering booking them, just do it. Admittedly, I'm writing this before seeing our finished product (perhaps I will update you all then), but I have nothing but confidence. The whole day, Jon and Jason were fun to be around, kept things very loose, and honestly worked their tails off. I don't think they missed a moment of our day (but I'm sure they'll edit out a few ;-) ), and they worked really well with our photographers.

One thing that stood out - these guys seemed like they genuinely had fun. On such a special day, that means a lot. They stayed well after the reception to make sure they didn't miss anything (for what it's worth, that's up to YOU to keep doing cool [stuff])... But I can't imagine booking a different vendor. Literally, not a single complaint.

Derek & Kaylyn

Sent on 06/19/2017

Julie · Married on 06/09/2017

Lovesick did a fantastic job for our wedding – we could not have been more pleased (in particular, Tom, who was our lead DJ and primary contact). We used them for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception and they did an outstanding job on every part. The ceremony was outdoor and we had a long processional and a few song changes that could have gotten complicated. The sound quality was great and all the music and sound for the ceremony went flawlessly. The music for both the cocktail hour and reception were on point with our tastes and what was right for the event and the crowd. Tom listened to us completely about our styles and tastes but was able to run with it. The musical choices were great the whole way through – from early dancing songs when the older crowd was still around, dinner, and dance choices. So many people have commented on how great all the music was. There was not a single song that did not go off well on the dance floor (or at least that I remember, if there was I imagine Tom mixed to the next without it ever being noticeable). Lovesick is super responsive and really helpful in designing your day. Tom was helpful and laid back about helping us layout our timeline, making song suggestions where we wanted them, and being generally supportive. They were a huge part of our wedding being the phenomenal experience we hoped for and we highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/07/2017

Diana · Married on 05/06/2017

Truly blown away by Lovesick. From our first phone conversation right through the big day, Lovesick delivered above and beyond. Tom, Jon, and Jason were phenomenal.

I found them via internet searches looking for a non-traditional wedding DJ. My husband and I wanted our music tastes to be captured, while at the same time making sure our guests had a great time. Tom delivered above and beyond. Every time I looked at the dance floor during our reception, it was packed. Almost every guest I stopped to chat with commented on how much they loved the music and complimented me on our DJ choice. Even my mom, who had her doubts as she is quite traditional, was floored by the amazing music. They also provided the music for our ceremony and it was perfectly executed, right down to our non-traditional choice for a recessional song. Cocktail hour music was also on point too, of course, and that was due in a large part to our phone conversations with them and how much time Tom and Jon spent getting to know us and our tastes. They were just so excited to help us project the perfect vibe for our wedding day.

Lovesick provided the videography for our wedding as well. When my husband and I first started planning, we didn't plan on a professional videographer, but after finding Lovesick and looking at their work, we were sold. Jon and Jason were so calm and professional. It was amazing how they just slipped into our group so seamlessly and captured so many great moments. None of us were used to being filmed, but we felt at ease very quickly. Our sneak peak video is beautifully shot and rendered, and I can't wait for the final piece.

My last comment is that they are just a very fun group of guys to spend the day with, and that was definitely appreciated on such a high-stress day. Top-notch professionalism and a sense of humor are a perfect combination in wedding vendors!

Sent on 06/08/2017