Lovely Cakes Reviews

Lovely Cakes 1
Lovely Cakes 2
  • Y

Yanitza · Married on 08/23/2019

Renata makes the most amazing cakes!

Lovely Cakes did an amazing job with my daughter's wedding cake! Renata was a pleasure to work with. She is very knowledgeable and shared helpful ideas when my daughter was deciding on cake flavors. The cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted out of this world. Our family and friends raved about the cake. I highly recommend Lovely Cakes!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Richard

Richard · Married on 08/17/2019

Wedding Cake

Renata helped us make our perfect wedding cake and brought what we envisioned together. She was very nice, and during the tasting she gave us two cake flavors we had previously chosen and then had a bunch of icing flavors to see which combinations we liked the most. Our wedding cake came out more beautiful than we ever could have imagined. It was so delicious that we already ate the top piece. You can not go wrong getting your wedding cake from Renata and Lovely Cakes.

Sent on 10/13/2019

Liany Marcial · Married on 07/27/2019

Cake was out of this world!

The cake was just perfect! People just wanted to stare at the cake and not eat it because it was so beautiful! The cake arrived on time and was delivered with perfection! The taste of the cake was beyond what people expected. Many who don't eat cake, ate this cake that's how delicious it was.

Sent on 07/31/2019

Emily · Married on 06/01/2019

Delicious and beautiful

We got our wedding cake and assorted wedding pastries from Lovely Cakes. We are so happy with our choice! The cake and the desserts were delicious! Our 4-tiered cake was absolutely gorgeous, and it was exactly as I had pictured. It was the best wedding cake I have ever tasted.

Renata was very nice, and she was very easy to work with. Our cake tasting was so much fun! All of our desserts were exactly as we ordered them, and they were on time at the reception venue. I definitely recommend Lovely Cakes for any event!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Sarah Ingram · Married on 05/18/2019

WOW! A true showstopper

Renata baked our wedding cake last weekend and words cannot express how happy we were with our cake.
    First, the tasting with Renata was super easy and organized. Be prepared to love everything but have to narrow down your choices!
    We chose a 4-tier cake with alternating flavors: 1) almond cake w/ lemon buttercream, and 2) vanilla cake w/ cookies and cream buttercream.
    The cake looked GORGEOUS in our reception room and the flavors were so, so, so delicious.
    It exceeded all my expectations. Thank you, Renata!
    Book her early, she is busy for a reason!

Sent on 05/21/2019
  • Jaymie

Jaymie · Married on 09/28/2018

So Much Talent!

Lovely Cakes made our wedding cake and it not only looked amazing but tasted great too. They were very flexible and easy to work with when we had to make a few changes due to budget and guest count changes. We challenged them with a Game of Thrones cake and they did not disappoint! Renata is truly talented.

Sent on 10/24/2018
    Lovely Cakes 3

Sheila · Married on 06/23/2018

Lovely Cakes did an amazing job with our wedding cake! Renata and her team are so talented and professional with price points that are very reasonable. Our cake was truly a work of art and tasted out of this world. We received so many compliments. Would highly recommend Lovely Cakes. A wonderful experience from start to finish!!!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Stephanie · Married on 10/21/2017

Our cake was absolutely delicious, so many guests said it was the best wedding cake they’ve had! They pumpkin spice/salted caramel flavors really enhanced our fall theme and gave us the unique cake we were looking for.

Sent on 05/21/2018

Candice · Married on 10/14/2017

YUM! YUM! YUM! My cake was beyond delicious. I was so excited to have a few slices left over to devour the day after our wedding because it was the best cake I have ever had! Plus, it was beautiful! Exactly what I wanted! And the experience of working with Renata was such a joy! She is really a wonderful person! I visited her shop and loved her ideas, then I was bowled over by how good it tasted. I knew I had to get my cake from her. It wasn't until I went home and googled her to brag to friends that I learned she won Cake Wars -- in the only episode where the judges had no criticisms of the cakes taste! Even Lebron James loves her cakes. But she is such a warm, humble person that she told me none of that and let her cake speak for itself. Getting my cake from her was one of the very best decisions I made for my wedding!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Danielle · Married on 09/30/2017

Delicious! We are so happy we picked Lovely Cakes to make our wedding cake and cupcake tower! The process was so easy, the only hard part was deciding on what flavor cupcakes to pick! We picked four flavors and every single one was amazing! We got so many compliments. Thanks Renata!

Sent on 10/18/2017
    Lovely Cakes 4

Christina · event on 09/16/2017

Creative and flavorful. Thank you Renata and team.

Sent on 09/19/2017

Maureen · event on 09/10/2017

Renata and her excellent business "Lovely Cakes "are simply the best. Renata made everything so easy and she delivered the cake exactly the way we wanted it to look. Most important apart from the exact decorations,, the cake itself was so delicious. Best quality ingredients. All guests were raving about it. I would return again and again for any further celebratory cakes to make the occasion to "Lovely Cakes".

Sent on 09/18/2017

Tina · Married on 09/03/2017

The cake was not only GORGEOUS but delicious too! Easiest part of all our planning, once we chose what we wanted we didn't have to worry about ANYTHING. One of the most talented and creative bakeries out there.

Sent on 09/16/2017

Ashley · Married on 09/03/2017

What a not only beautiful cake but delightfully tasteful cake that was made for us for our wedding day! The cake was so good that some of our guests had more than one slice! Meeting with Lovely Cakes was so professional and detail-oriented. We met for a tasting as well and could not decide on flavors for the life of us because each flavor was better than the next! Thank you again for being such a pleasure to work with. I hope to work with you again in the future!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Elizabeth · event on 07/28/2017

Best looking cake and most delicious too!! 75+ people were very impressed! They worked with us to "build" a cake from select pictures and did not disappoint! Ordered another one 2 weeks later for another smaller birthday party and it was just as fabulous!!

Sent on 09/14/2017
  • W

Wendy · event on 07/01/2017

Renata and her team are amazing. We had them create my daughters first birthday cake. Not only were the cakes delicious but they were gorgeous. The design and details were perfection! I would definitely recommend and use their services again.

Wendy B

Sent on 10/08/2017

Jesenia · event on 06/26/2017

Lovely Cakes did both my kids birthdays in May and June. Each cake was of a distinct theme, I provided the ideas, imagery and color scheme, and they DELIVERED BEAUTIFULLY. Each cake was praised so well, one cake was a Mad Scientist cake with tentacles come out and I couldn't get kids to stop trying to touch the cake at how realistic and gorgeous it was. For my son's birthday cake, we had a bible story theme of Daniel and the Lion's Den, and the cake was so well decorate and fantastic, another parent immediately asked for the bakery information and by the next month, I attended a birthday where two beautiful Sesame Street cakes were ordered from Lovely Cakes. The cakes taste fresh and the fondant is not too heavy. Overall I had a great experience and will continue to utilize this bakery for future orders. Renata is awesome.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Adriana · event on 06/17/2017

Renata made my son's high school graduation cake. It was absolutely gorgeous!! Not only was the cake beautifully decorated, but it was moist and delicious!!!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Kerianne · Married on 05/28/2017

This place is awesome. I myself am not a cake person and I even enjoyed our wedding cake. so light and fluffy and not too sweet. We did a buttercream frosting white cake and strawberry I believe jam in the middle. It was delicious. It was with a custom monogram which she had to copy in order to place it on the cake. And it turned out fabulous. Was quite suprised at how inexpensive it was for what she did.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Tania · event on 05/14/2017

Outstanding cake design! Delicious cake!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Kimberly · event on 09/25/2016

I ordered a cake from Lovely Cakes for a baby shower. It had to feed 35 people, I needed an ice cream themed cake and I wanted it to look beautiful.

I contacted Renata at Lovely Cakes by email because of my busy work schedule. Within hours of my initial email, requesting the size and theme etc. I received an email back with a few introductions and a couple of questions. After explaining that the ice cream theme needed to be fun but grown up at the same time and clearly recognizable as an ice cream themed cake, I received a rough sketch with an explanation of colors and textures. It was perfect. There are also many options for the type of cake/flavor and fillings, so many in fact that I just went with one of the variations they suggested, it was one of their popular combinations. (Canoli)

The cost was $300, for a two tier cake to feed 35 people. Which I had originally thought was a lot for a cake but I weighed my options for quality/skill (check out the pictures on the website very accurate) and my event. You pay 50% for a deposit and the balance upon receipt of the cake which when broken out didn't seem to leave me in tight spot.

The cake arrived, it was beautiful and perfect for the event. The bottom tier had the color and texture of an ice cream cone, the top tier was colored like mint chocolate chip ice cream with a cherry on top. Everyone loved the taste as well as how it looked, we even had cake left over. I would highly recommend Lovely Cakes for your event and will definitely use them again if the I have the chance.

Sent on 09/29/2016
  • User7176969 · event on 09/03/2016

The cake looked and tasted amazing. Everyone at the party loved it. I am definitley planning on coming back next time I have any kind of event.

Sent on 09/07/2016

Caitlin · Married on 07/23/2016

We absolutely loved Renata and her beautiful designs for our wedding cake. We chose a truck with mud on our white seashell cake and it was flawless! I highly recommend Lovely Cakes and all their amazing work!
    -Caitlin

Sent on 08/16/2016

JoAnn · Married on 05/21/2016

Renata was wonderful to work with and the pricing for what we were looking for was more than reasonable! We decided to do a cupcake tiered wedding cake with a large cupcake as the topper. We did 5 different flavors and they were all amazing. We would recommend her to anyone and everyone looking for a cake or cupcakes for ANY occasion! We'll definitely be using her again in the future!!!

Sent on 05/30/2016

Kate · Married on 05/21/2016

Renata is the cake queen! She is truly a breath of fresh air amid a sea of stuck-up CT cake bakers. A total professional from the get-go, she worked very hard to respect our budget and capture our vision while serving up absolutely to-die-for cake. Our tiered cake with rough buttercream was gorgeous and delicious on its own, and Renata did a beautiful job placing fresh flowers and our custom topper to make it feel truly personal.

Though she probably doesn't need our endorsement since winning "Cake Wars" (!!), we would enthusiastically recommend Renata and Lovely Cakes to anyone!

Sent on 06/04/2016