LOVE + WOLVES CO Reviews

LOVE + WOLVES CO 6
LOVE + WOLVES CO 7

Maura · Married on 03/02/2019

Best in every way

We worked with Jake for our March 2 wedding in Brooklyn. I knew Jake from college, I knew he was talented. But, holy sh*t. I have wanted him to be my photographer before I even met my fiancee. He's that good. And what I found so amazing, was he was actually a very calming force the day of the wedding. Never got in our face, never stressed us out with gettng the right moment. In fact, I had hair and make up kind of go off the rails for a bit and all my bridesmaids and mom were rushing around, Jake came to the rescue and was cracking jokes, telling us stories. Jake even tied my dad's bowtie. He's fun, he's professional, he's a family man and totally gets the importance of this huge day.
    We were able to also use Natalie for our engagement shoot, and she even stopped by for the wedding! She brely knew us and it was liek we knew her for years. Like Jake, she totally got our vibe. She didn't do a single cliche photo.
    L+W are honestly the BEST wedding photographers and the right people to catch every single deep breathe, teary moment, smile and hug.. and the photos will put you on Cloud 9. Amazing.

Sent on 04/03/2019

Sara · Married on 03/01/2019

Will hire again!

Working with Jake was an absolutely wonderful experience. Our engagement photos were everything we'd hoped for them to be. We will definitely reach out again for having family photos taken in the future.

Sent on 01/12/2019
  • Giana

Giana Lando · Married on 02/08/2019

Ash is Amazing!

We hired Love & Wolves Beauty for hair & makeup for 11 bridesmaids. I was referred to Ash, and already knew by the company name that she would be perfect. I told Ash that I don't like getting my makeup done, because I never recognize myself after. She knew exactly what I meant, and during our trial, did a very natural but beautiful boho look. She is so easy to talk to and arrived with her team exactly on time the morning of the wedding. They did an incredible job. We all had natural makeup, long loose waves/curls, and then they secured our flower crowns, and were so much fun the whole time. They did an incredible job on everyone's makeup. I was stunned at everyone's beauty. I was so impressed at how Ash did my hair and makeup. I looked and felt like myself, but 10x more beautiful! She knew how to emphasize our beauty without caking/overdoing it on makeup. I highly recommend her for your hair and makeup!

Sent on 02/20/2019

Elisabeth Mersier · Married on 12/29/2018

Amazing Team

I worked with Love + Wolves and Love + Wolves beauty for the photography and hair / make up for my wedding in New York in December of 2018. To sum up my experience: it was an absolute pleasure from the minute we spoke on the phone, up to the delivery of the photos.
    Jake, Ash, Alyssa and Nathalie were all very involved, professional, positive and form an extremely talented team.
    Nathalie, who was our photographer on the Day-Of, has a special talent. She is creative and has an excellent eye for spots that make beautiful pictures. She is very calm and it was a pleasure to have her around us.

Alyssa and Ash took care of the make up and hair. I have to say that the result was awesome ! They listened to me and made me feel beautiful.

We received a preview of our pictures very shortly after the wedding which was a very nice surprise ! Now that we have received all of our beautiful pictures I can't recommend Love and the Wolves enough.

Sent on 03/06/2019
    LOVE + WOLVES CO 8

LOVE + WOLVES CO's reply:

thank you so much for your kind words. travailler avec vous était une joie absolue. your wedding was stunning and we were honored to be a part of it.
  • I

Ivy K · Married on 12/17/2018

Beautiful photos!

We had a short and sweet wedding at city hall, so we were in need of a photographer that could work around our smaller ceremony and budget. On a personal level, I also wanted photography that was a little moodier than the typical bright and airy wedding style. Jake of Love and Wolves was the perfect fit! He arrived on time and was very friendly and personable to work with. We had a great time chatting with him, and he was great at directing us to create memorable shots. The photos we ended up with were beautiful and everyone we've shared them with have absolutely loved them. Thanks Jake!

Sent on 03/02/2019

Azy Kiai-Lang · Married on 12/15/2018

Easy Peasy w/ L+W

We had the pleasure of working with Love + Wolves for our wedding a couple of months ago. Jake was easy to work with and Natalie, who shot our wedding, was fantastic! She really listened to what we were looking for and captured the vibe of our party. We had a lot of fun with her and would hire L+W again for our next event. Love our photos! Thanks a bunch!!

Sent on 02/27/2019
    LOVE + WOLVES CO 9

LOVE + WOLVES CO's reply:

thank you so much for putting your feelings into words! we loved working with you as well. congrats again and please reach out if you need anything at all.

Parker · Married on 09/29/2018

I worked with Love + Wolves Beauty for hair and makeup for myself and a few family members on our wedding day. Ash is incredible and I have never felt more beautiful in my entire life. If I could, I would hire her to do my hair and makeup ever day.

More than anything, I wanted to look like myself on my wedding day, and Ash took that to heart, creating a look that felt very me, but that would also photograph well.

Ash also has an incredible presence. She made me feel calm, cool, and collected that morning. Even when I noticed it was starting to rain (and we were having an all outdoor wedding), she was instantly reassuring and even suggesting things that we could do if it kept raining (spoiler alert: Ash was right, it stopped raining long before the ceremony started).

Do not pass up the chance to have her do your hair and makeup for your big day. Ash is amazing!

Sent on 10/04/2018
  • Christine

Christine Vega · Married on 09/29/2018

You want Love & Wolves!

5 stars is not enough. From the first phone call with Jake I knew we found the right photographers. They instantly felt like friends and made the process so easy from start to finish. Natalie did a beyond phenomenal job with the photos and captured exactly what we wanted, a big ass party with our friends and family! I got a glowing recommendation from a friend and now they will also be shooting my best friends wedding. We love Love & Wolves Co!

Sent on 02/01/2019

Rachel · Married on 09/15/2018

Beyond all expectations

Love + Wolves Co is beyond incredible. Jake and Natalie shot our wedding and every single one of our photos was stunning. We've found it impossible to choose even 200 of our favorites, and we get constant compliments from our friends and family. On their website, Love + Wolves decries their style as "candid, honest and photojournalistic with a dash of humor and fine art." This is 100% true. Our photos feel like how we felt that day--the energy, the overwhelming feelings of love, the silliness. Nothing feels forced. It's such a joy to get to relive that magic over and over again, especially the little details that we weren't able to focus on at the time. And what a pleasure to work with! We really can't recommend them enough, by far one of the best choices we made throughout the whole wedding planning process and definitely worth the splurge. Seriously. So SO worth it.

Sent on 01/15/2019
  • Bindu

Bindu Suresh · Married on 08/25/2018

Jake has an amazing eye!

Jake was incredible. He is a personable, easygoing guy who seemingly effortlessly captured what ended up being shockingly breathtaking photos of us, our venue, and our friends and family on our wedding day. Every single photo was a piece of art. We really could not recommend him more highly!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Katie · Married on 08/25/2018

amazing team with unique style

We're so happy with our decision to work with Love + Wolves for our camp wedding last August! Photography was one thing that we were pretty picky about, and we were beyond excited to find L+W through a prior wedding at our venue. We LOVED their unique, raw style.. it just didn't feel like any other wedding photography we had seen. We worked with Natalie + Keith on the day-of, and they were both lovely. They brought a calm presence to a hectic day, and were also just fun to be around (we had several guests say the same!). We had decided to forgo engagement photos and add some extra time on the day-of, and Natalie went above and beyond, capturing extra photos late into the night - even beyond the hours we had scoped. We also had some sensitivity around photos given family members with disabilities, and Natalie was super accommodating and thoughtful throughout. I was antsy to get photos afterward and we did have to wait a few months before receiving any, but they were so worth the wait. The team did an amazing job at capturing the vibe of our untraditional setting (and the dance floor photos are truly epic). Highly recommend working with Love + Wolves!!

Sent on 03/10/2019
    LOVE + WOLVES CO 10
    LOVE + WOLVES CO 11
    LOVE + WOLVES CO 12
    LOVE + WOLVES CO 13

LOVE + WOLVES CO's reply:

katie! we couldn't be happier that you chose us, either. from the bottom of our hearts: thank you! please keep in touch if you need anything from us in the future. photo-related or otherwise!

Joe · Married on 07/08/2018

Wow! Jake and the Love + Wolves Co. team are simply phenomenal! When Jake first photographed with us for our engagement shoot, he was really personable. Jake made my wife and I feel like we could be ourselves, which came through in the photos. On the wedding day, we felt the same but even more so! Jake is a talented photographer and has quite the eye. He was able to capture the true spirit of our wedding day. He got to know our friends and family in a matter of moments, allowing everyone to feel comfortable around him too. Do yourself a favor, choose Love + Wolves Co to shoot you/your event/special moment. You will be so thankful you did!

Sent on 10/01/2018
    LOVE + WOLVES CO 14

Hilary · Married on 07/07/2018

We went with Love + Wolves for our engagement and wedding photos and could not be happier with the entire experience. Jake is awesome, he brings a genuine excitement to everything from emails to the big day and you can worry about one less thing because you know he has got this covered. He was the MVP of all of our vendors on our wedding day, as he felt like an old friend, knew everyone’s names in the wedding party, hopped around getting every aspect and angle, and even went above and beyond, helping keep the entire night on schedule and finding our venue coordinator when he went MIA (good times). Plus, THE PHOTOS. Man this guy has a great eye. If you want to feel like a model and get shots that make you look like one, Jake’s your guy. He helped us get poses that were natural, not corny, and is a master of the candid. All in all, I can’t say enough good things about him and this company. If you have the chance to work with them, just do it, and feel great crossing this off your to do list!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Kristen · Married on 06/24/2018

I mean, what's not to love with Love + Wolves? From the beginning, they worked with us to make sure our package was exactly what we needed. We met with Natalie a month or so beforehand so we could get to know each other...5 or so beers later, we felt like we were with a friend already. Day of went off without a hitch, and Natalie was perfect throughout the day. We got the wedding photos back, and of course, they're amazing, seriously, we're not that photogenic, yet somehow the pics make us look like superstars. We love Love + Wolves and recommend them to anyone who wants a chill, laid back photographer that knows how to produce ridiculously attractive photos.

Sent on 09/28/2018

Megan · Married on 05/30/2018

Jake and his team were an absolute joy to work with. All of the photos that he took were absolutely stunning, and the photo album was the icing on the cake! Would definitely recommend anyone to work with him for any occasion, and I hope to work again with him in the future! Thanks so much again!!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Kalyn · Married on 05/12/2018

we highly recommend Love and Wolves Co for any and all of your photography needs! We were lucky enough to work with Jake for our Wedding in Northern California and we were blown away by every single photo. Not to mention he was so much fun to work with, he made us feel like super models!

Sent on 09/21/2018
    LOVE + WOLVES CO 15
    LOVE + WOLVES CO 16
    LOVE + WOLVES CO 17
    LOVE + WOLVES CO 18

Eireann · Married on 01/13/2018

I can't say enough good things about Love + Wolves Co. The experience was great from start to finish. We don't often have the opportunity to have photos taken of us together, so this was a new experience for us. Luckily Jake put us at ease and the self-consciousness melted away before we knew it. His promptness, courtesy, professionalism, and talent make Love + Wolves Co an investment worth making.

Sent on 04/25/2017

Kim · Married on 09/23/2017

After reaching out to LOVE + WOLVES on the strength of their photos, Jake set us up with Sarah, and it was a match from the very beginning. The process was fun and flexible, and most of all, we just loved that Jake and Sarah together were a constant calming presence throughout the entire process, from planning to shooting. Nothing ever felt rushed or stressful. They were always responsive and helpful.

And then...the photos! We could not be happier with the way Sarah and Colleen captured everything that was special about us and our day. Everyone felt so comfortable and at ease around them, and they worked with us to ensure we would get the shots we needed and wanted without spending too much time away from the party. That was very important to us. Seriously, we can not recommend LOVE + WOLVES highly enough. Hire them and they will take care of the rest!

Sent on 12/10/2017
    LOVE + WOLVES CO 19
    LOVE + WOLVES CO 20

Kat · Married on 09/15/2017

Truly an amazing team to work with. Photos are incredible. We don't like most wedding photography, but L+W are in a different league of their own.

We loved them so much we used them for both our family wedding, as well as our larger wedding with our friends.

Sent on 02/13/2018

Martin · Married on 09/09/2017

Love and Wolves was a delight to work with — we could not feel more lucky to have had Natalie as our wedding photographer, with stellar help from second-shooter Becky. Everyone we interacted with at L+W was an artist and a journalist, and Natalie turned out to be a therapist and a new pal. (She was there for our entire wedding weekend, from stressful start to joyful finish!) Natalie brought calm and delight and extraordinary attention and care to our wedding — and even gave us some good ideas for planning the affair when we met for a drink months before. Jake was communicative and excitement-infused throughout, and edited our photos with gusto. We are thrilled with how our wedding photos turned out — no small thing for a demanding bride and groom to say. We wholeheartedly recommend Love + Wolves.

— Emily & Martin

Sent on 12/30/2017

Vicky · Married on 08/04/2017

Jake is the BEST!! He photographed our wedding at Deer Park Villa in August 2017 and we could not be happier with the way the photos came out. From the moment we reached out to Jake to when we received our photos, we got the absolute best services from Jake. He is super responsive, professional and an awesome guy to hang out with. We weren't sure where to do our first look photos but Jake scoped out the most amazing, beautiful area for us to have our photos taken. Don't hesitate to work with Love + Wolves Co (especially if Jake will be your photographer), they are seriously worth every penny!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Jenna · Married on 07/29/2017

Scott and I luckily stumbled upon Love + Wolves Co through a family connection years ago. When I reached out to Jake he was just as excited that we had a long lost connection that he quickly brought us in and started working together. From the start I felt comfortable with Jake and his team and Scott quickly identified them as the best photographers. Sarah was the photographer for the wedding and she was absolutely unbelievable. Between her perspective from the photos, connecting with all our friends and family (even the more high maintenance ones), she really became a key part of the wedding. Some family members still reference how great she was now 6 months post-wedding. I wouldn't recommend anyone else to capture the true heart of your wedding day!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Neha · Married on 07/08/2017

Dope photos

We hired Love + Wolves CO for our Napa wedding. For both our engagement shoot and wedding, Jake brought a sense of adventure and creative appreciation for natural landscape and architecture resulting in some of the most unique shots you’ll ever see in any wedding album. That is ultimately why we hired Love + Wolves. Thankfully, Jake doesn’t make you do cheesy poses, but he does try to help you feel comfortable and “in the moment”, and his candid shots are on point.

There are probably a lot of background details Jake coordinated from additional lighting to transportation to more rural parts of the venue that we will never know about, but we truly appreciate how proactive and professional he and his team were the entire day.

I also want to give Ash a special shout out for doing my hair and makeup for our engagement session. I felt naturally beautiful, so thank you!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Ali · Married on 07/02/2017

Our experience with Jake was amazing. I found Jake from doing a google search of wedding photos at our venue (The Greenpoint Loft). After looking at his website I knew immediately that we had to hire him. He sent us a preview of our photos last week and we are in LOVE with all of them and can't wait to see the rest.!!!! So many of our guests raved about Jake through out the day. He knows how to work with a crowed while taking photos of large groups and makes taking photos fun and not so forced. If you are a couple looking for a photographer who can capture those special moments and who can just go with the flow... Jake is your man!! You cannot go wrong with his appreciation of natural light and capturing every moment that you will want to remember forever!!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Steph · Married on 06/03/2017

Choosing Love + Wolves to photograph our wedding was one of the easiest decisions we made, and we can't recommend them highly enough! We don't take a lot of photos of ourselves, but Jake gave us excellent direction while cracking jokes so that we felt comfortable in front of the camera. He helped so much throughout the day: pinning on my Dad's boutonniere, encouraging us to eat, corralling all the family together for group pictures. Jake's enthusiasm is infectious, he loves what he does! Our guests still say (a year later!) how fun he was. And the photos themselves are amazing..they capture the feeling of our wedding so beautifully. Looking at our album feels like going back in time to that awesome day. If we could give Love + Wolves 50 stars we would! -Steph & Matt

Sent on 05/07/2018