Love In Theory Reviews

59 | New York, NY

59 Reviews for Love In Theory

1 User photo

adam · Married on 10/19/2019

I couldn't ask for a better experience working with Jaq. She was incredibly accommodating, was willing to help with every step of the process, and she took fabulous pictures. This was the first time using a professional photographer, and it was the best

Sent on 06/03/2018
  • Corinne

Corinne Waite · Married on 10/19/2019

Photographer Turned Friend!

Jacq is a wonderful, collaborative partner! Beyond the fact that her photography aesthetic is beautiful, she is also such a warm, friendly person to work with. We had our engagement shoot in November, and the experience was everything we could have hoped for. In addition to the actual photo shoot and deliverables, the little touches that Jacq adds to the relationship are so adorable and appreciated -- delivering our flash drive in the cutest box ever, sharing gifts for our basset hound... love her. Looking forward to our wedding day!

Sent on 01/12/2019

Marjorie Willner · Married on 10/13/2019

Excellent Experience

My fiance and I highly recommend working with Jacq and Love In Theory!

Our engagement shoot take place in November and it was a very enjoyable experience. Ahead of time, Jacq helped us to identify locations that matched our personalities and vibe. Jacq is quick to respond and highly communicative, which makes her extremely easy to work with. We visited the spots we identified ahead of time and we also wondered down various streets looking for other good back drops. We felt very comfortable during the shoot with Jacq only giving us a little bit of coaching on how to place our bodies. Nothing was contrived and we truly felt that Jacq was trying to capture us and our relationship.

Sent on 01/21/2019

Teresa · Married on 10/05/2019

Super professional!

Highly recommended!!!

Jacq is a super professional photographer!
    We never met her and travelled a long way from HK to hire her as our pre wedding photographer.

As we are new in NYC that she suggested lots of cool and stylish places for us to shoot.

She is super prfoessional, efficient and created a super cool memory for us!

Sent on 10/30/2018
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 08/17/2019

East Village Love

We did our engagement photos with Jacq (and will be doing our wedding photos soon!) in the East Village in NYC. Our session was nothing short of great. She was personable, professional, and flexible with our ideas to make sure we were able to shoot in the locations we wanted. She helped guide us and made us feel relaxed throughout the whole process, and of course, our photos turned out amazing! Her attention to detail really showed!

Sent on 01/15/2019

Simon Vecchioni · Married on 08/10/2019

A magical wedding photographer

Our wedding photos from Jacq and Love in Theory turned out absolutely stunning—artistic yet true to life, capturing all the memories from our day in the most magazine-worthy way possible. Just browse through Jacq’s portfolio—her work speaks for itself! And Jacq herself is a lovely human. She was friendly, organized, and professional throughout the planning process and a calm presence on our wedding day, which is so important. She takes immense pride in her work and went above and beyond for our wedding day shoot, bringing in a framed prom picture of us for a cute then and now photo, a beautifully decorated hanger for my dress, and a third photographer to deal with the tricky lighting situation at our venue. We had a wonderful experience with Jacq and would hire her again if we could!

Sent on 03/01/2020

Elena Bakker · Married on 05/25/2019

The BEST - period

We hired Jacquie for our engagement shoot - she caught our eye because I felt she really captured the emotions and feeling of a couple, which is exactly what we wanted! While the classic poses work for some, we wanted an authentic session that showed US as a couple. WOW did she deliver!!! From before our shoot even started I felt a connection to Jacquie and a really comfortable around her. We went over our time without even realizing because it just felt like my fiance and I were on a date having an amazing time - all of which shows in our pictures. Jacquie made us laugh authentically, and for two people that don't like our photos taken...it truly felt like she was just talking to us. I don't even remember her snapping over half the photos she did. Jacquie was not only extremely professional, insanely talented, but her ability to make you feel comfortable, and actually promote you to be your authentic silly self was something I've never experienced before. As soon as we had our wedding date set, we booked her for the wedding as well! You can tell from first contact that she truly cares about you and what you want. We're still in contact now about many life things, and I know we will continue to be so long after our wedding is done.

On top of that, Jacquie goes above and beyond in all aspects of the photography. It is her business, and she shows you that you're not just another number, but a really special part of her year and life. The follow-up after our engagement, and even the adorable way she sends you your photos all made me feel like the most beautiful bride-to-be all over again.

If I could hire her to do 10 engagement shoots I would - simply put: Jacquie is the best. HIRE HER - SERIOUSLY!!

Sent on 01/09/2019

Lindsay · Married on 09/23/2018

I cannot say enough amazing things about Jacq and Love in Theory!!! LIT responds very quickly to questions and messages which is so extremely refreshing, the most reliable person I've worked with!! She just recently shot our engagement photos and we could not have been more impressed with the timely turn-around, the beautiful quality of the photos, and how much at ease she put us during the shoot. My entire family and I love the engagement photos and can't wait to see how the wedding photos will turn out. I am endlessly impressed by her photography and her willingness to help in all aspects of photography and wedding planning; she is extremely talented, knowledgable, and helpful!! Jacq and Love in Theory have gone above and beyond, I am ecstatic that she is our wedding photographer! I've already recommended Love in Theory to a friend and I strongly recommend Love in Theory to every other Bride/Groom!

Sent on 03/12/2018

Bobby · Married on 07/29/2018

To put it simply, Jacq was great. Our engagement shoot with her was fun and memorable, mainly because Jacq was as thoughtful, flexible, and deft as we'd hoped for in a photographer. Working with us before the shoot, she matched our enthusiasm for a certain style and location, but we were really happy to have her own creativity and expertise suffused throughout the session. And the results speak for themselves. We're quite happy, and hope we can work with Jacq again in the future.

Sent on 08/28/2018

CJ · Married on 06/01/2018

Great shoot. Jacq is the best. I almost didn’t feel naked. Very fun and the pictures are amazing.

Sent on 06/24/2018

Jessica · Married on 05/26/2018

We had the absolute best experience with Jacq/Love in Theory. In addition to going above and beyond prior to the wedding (e.g., Multiple meetings, follow ups, questions about our back story and personal preferences), she truly made us feel like she cared about us as humans and was just as invested in our love story and dream wedding. I've already seen a few of the photos from our wedding (just 2 days ago!) and they are PHENOMENAL. Love in Theory is the epitome of professionalism and artistry coming together. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 05/29/2018

Karen · Married on 05/19/2018

My husband and I booked Love in Theory after seeing how amazing our friend’s wedding photos were. Jacq was the best! Very accomdating- we had a few hiccups at our wedding and jacq totally played it like a boss and got amazing photos of us! She captured all the moments I missed. Def got the mood and style of both our personalities ! Best of all she calmed me down when things weren’t going exactly how I planned. I would say best wedding photographer ever!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Jessica · event on: 05/13/2018

Jacq went above and beyond when I shared with her that my husband-to-be was extremely shy and we were worried he wouldn't be comfortable in front of the camera. She offered to do a quick test shoot a few weeks before the wedding where she sat down with us ahead of the session and had a mimosa, got to know us, warmed us up, and then took us out in NYC to take some photos. We were absolutely stunned, amazed, and thrilled to see the results! Her editorial style, beautiful composition, and overall vision yielded the best pictures we've ever taken. We are so excited to see our wedding pictures now that we have a taste of what's to come!

Also, it should be said explicitly that she is incredibly kind and thoughtful. She listens when you talk and captures the nice and inspiring things you say about your relationship and weaves that into the final product. 5 stars - 10/10 - HIRE LOVE IN THEORY!

Sent on 05/29/2018
  • F

Franki · Married on 04/20/2018

We organised our wedding at short notice from the UK and came across Love In Theory during our search for an NYC photographer. We organised a Skype call with Jacquie and felt really confident we were going to get a great service. We were absolutely right! The communication has been brilliant throughout. Jacquie is super friendly and proactive and she really took the time and effort to get to know us which has made the whole experience feel really personal. Gui took our engagement and wedding photographs and we couldn’t have asked for a more friendly, enthusiastic and talented photographer. He made us feel really relaxed and had some great ideas for locations and poses.
    The pictures Gui took have captured some truly beautiful moments. We are so grateful and overwhelmed by just how incredible they are.
    The after service has also been amazing. Jacquie has kept in touch and kept us updated all the way through. Our usb has been delivered and we are over the moon. The pretty little presentation box, cards and gifts are just so gorgeous and thoughtful! The whole experience has been more than we ever could have imagined or hoped for.
    Thank you so so much!!!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Melissa · Married on 10/21/2017

Jacqui was absolutely amazing. She made this the greatest experience a person should have on their wedding day. We touched base quite often and I really felt at ease by the time our day came. We got married on 10/21/17 in upstate NY at a Farm and Jacqi and Gui provided us great energy both the day prior and day of. They scouted out our venue the day prior and we talked through what we envisioned the day would be like and sure enough, everything was flawless. They were organized, helpful and gave great direction. They really helped capture our day in the best way possible. Everyone loved them and we really couldn't be happier with our pics. Loved them!! Definitely would recommend these photographers! -Melissa & Natalie.

Sent on 11/14/2017

Bushra · Married on 09/02/2017

I can't stress enough how awesome, talented, generous, sincere and caring Jacq is.She is such a dedicated person; despite being under the weather, she photographed our wedding with full gumption. From helping me plan the timeline to coming up with hanger ideas for my sari photos to being patient with my chaotic Indian/Bangladeshi family, she was the best! She even came over to my place the day before during my henna and hung out with us and tried laddoos :). It's so important to be comfortable around your photographer during the wedding, since you are letting them into your personal space, with Jacq it was really easy and enjoyable. She felt like part of the family. As for the pictures, her portfolio speaks for itself. Her lighting, angles, composition and her style are all amazing and unique. Her love and talent for photography shines through all her pictures. We love you Jacq and we can't thank you enough.

Gui unfortunately couldn't be part of our wedding but James replaced him and James was such a darling. He is genuinely nice person and makes you feel so happy and comfortable around him. Everyone at the wedding mentioned how nice James was. We can't wait to see all the crazy dancing photos James took!

All in all, working with Love in theory was a complete delight and we 200% recommend that you hire them!!

XX
    Bushra & Arun

Sent on 09/18/2017

Cj · Married on 08/26/2017

Loved working with Jacquie. She is very talented and has a way to get people to want to take a picture. We will be recommending her to other brides we know.

Sent on 09/03/2017

Pati · Married on 07/28/2017

After being engaged for a little over a year, my fiancé and I decided to have a small elopement in NYC. We had no time to plan anything and we had no budget. We knew the most important thing to us was the memories. In that, we decided to find the best photographer to capture our intimate day. LoveinTheory was not only an AMAZINGLY TALENTED photographer but she turned out to be my Maid of Honor!! In a matter of seconds Jacq noticed I was short of help and offered to do everything that was needed and had yet to be done (and we took her up on that offer!)! Jacq is a wonderful artist and human being, she is kindhearted, funny, relaxed, and smart. Both my fiancé and I felt like she was our life-long friend from the first coffee she had with us! We felt completely comfortable throughout the entire photoshoot and saw a great sneak peek at the end of the day!! It was absolutely a thousand times more than we could have ever imagined- she even made my bouquet and my hubby's boutonnieres (I know right?)!! Thank you Jacq!! We love you!

I'm not done! Gui, her super-talented Brazilian associate, was a pleasant surprise! We couldn't even imagine that we would be so lucky to have a SECOND photographer capturing fashion-style memories of our big day. Gui was so fun to have around and an indispensable piece to our experience! He captured stills and even VIDEO so we would have an edited film of our wedding as a surprise! Both Jacq and Gui were angels that made us prettier than we actually are! Thank you so much, Gui, for joining us in this unforgettable ride!

Sent on 07/30/2017

Lillian · Married on 07/01/2017

Can't say enough great things about Jacq and Gui. Not only did she work within our budget, she worked tirelessly to make me feel comfortable so our personalities would shine through in our photos. Jacq knew I wasn't into the really cheesy engagement and wedding photos. She understood our vision and captured it completely. The photos were fun and cute with a hint of sass; a perfect reflection of us and our wedding... She was reliable, personable, kind and warm. Weddings are stressful as it is, but she kept everyone sane and happy, especially me. :) She also introduced me to my hair and makeup artist. HIRE HER AND HER TEAM NOW.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Rachele · Married on 05/14/2017

Jacq was awesome to work with, she made us feel really comfortable and our photos turned out so beautiful. Her style of photography is stunning and we are really appreciative of the time and energy she put into making our experience so wonderful.

Sent on 05/02/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/06/2017

Jacqui is an incredible talent, she captures every moment of your special day in the most creative and special way. More importantly, she is so warm and makes you feel comfortable like you are shooting with a friend. Even our wedding party commented that of all our wedding vendors, she and Carlos were by far and way their favorite. She thinks of every detail down to the package your photos get delivered in!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Susan · Married on 12/04/2016

Jacquie absolutely made my engagement session vision come true! Since I am having a Decemeber wedding, I wanted to be able to take the engagement session in the snow. Lo and behold, snow storm Jonas bellowed. Jacquie braved the storm with us and delivered amazing photos that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. She is such a doll to work with! She's completely down to earth and have a keen eye for detail. She even took the time to help choose my outfit. I can't wait to work with her during the wedding!

Sent on 03/10/2016

They say to choose the 3 most important things to focus on when planning a wedding. You can't have the best of everything when working with a budget. We decided that a great photographer was definitely in the top 3 priorities. After weeks of thoroughly researching photographers and meeting with a few in person, my heart kept going back to Love in Theory's, Jacquie Lew because of her beautiful use of color, light and romantic & whimsical vision that comes through in all of her photos. After meeting Jacquie in person to get to know each other over coffee, we felt instantly calmed from her laid-back, West-Coast personality and her top-notch professionalism. We knew we found the one. A week later, we shot our engagement photos 3 days before Jacquie was leaving for an extended trip. To our shock, she made the time to send us our photos the day after the shoot despite her upcoming trip. We also received the thumb drive in the mail just days later. It came in the CUTEST packaging. Jacquie really pays attention to the little things and made us feel so special (refer to her blog!). After all that, this is the best part: Our. Pictures. Were. Amazing! We went into the shoot feeling like we would be total stiffs in front of the camera and somehow Jacquie made us relaxed and that came through in the pictures 10 fold. We are pretty much obsessed with them and now have 5 of them going on our Save The Dates because we can't narrow them down any further. All my friends have been raving about her work. Some brides have contacted me for her info already. The wedding is in a few months and I'm confident that I will have even more amazing things to say after that day. Overall, we adore Jacquie and feel like she's not only our talented photographer, but our friend. We are so lucky and blessed that we found her.

Jacquie - Thank you x a million!

Sent on 03/30/2016

Lauren · Married on 07/03/2015

We used Jacquie for our wedding and she was great! She has such a unique eye for photos that we were unable to find with any other photographer. She wasn't your standard wedding photographer with lame poses which is why we chose her. She was so personable and easy to get in touch with. The day of the wedding she had a list of every photo we needed (family, friends, etc) which helped the whole process run smoothly. Will definitely recommend her again!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Michelle · Married on 07/05/2014

Jacquie at Photo Philosophies is amazing!

Sent on 07/10/2014