Love Affair Reviews

Love Affair  3
Love Affair  4

Taryn · Married on 10/06/2018

Love Affair Review

I highly recommend Love Affair! Leslie was extremely helpful throughout our entire wedding planning process. When an issue came up with our original venue Leslie made it a priority to make sure we found another perfect venue that fit our original theme and vision. We trusted Leslie with our wedding hopes and dreams and it paid off! She has a wonderfully friendly disposition, and is an expert in her field. Hannah was also a huge help in planning our dream wedding. As soon as we met her we knew she was a perfect fit and that she would deliver the wedding of our dreams. Both Leslie and Hannah are extremely professional and their recommendations are above and beyond in the wedding planning process. Thank you so much Leslie and Hannah!

Mary · Married on 09/08/2018

I initially thought I could plan my daughter's wedding and wouldn't need a wedding planner. Decided it made sense and I am so glad I did. I knew I would need help the day of the wedding, but when my rental venue (Boston Rustic) didn't show up with my complete order the day before, Emily from Love Affair stepped in and without even being asked reserved and then later ordered all the missing items from another vendor (Peaks Rental). Emily saved the day. She and her team from Love Affair took care of everything on the day of the wedding and made it a perfect day. So worth the investment. I highly recommend Love Affair as well as Portsmouth Catering who they work with.

Judith · Married on 07/28/2018

We used Love Affair to coordinate my daughters wedding from the very 1st steps from before we even had 100% decided the venue we were using right thru the rehearsal on Friday, wedding and after party. I can not say enough about Leslie and her team. Our venue was complicated as it was outdoors on the Plaza at One harbor Place in Portsmouth. Every single item had to be rented, including 3 tents, and countless decisions were needed, way above what would be required for a typical wedding. A ton of vendor coordination was required. as everything was done off site for the caterers and bartenders. We would not have been able to do this without Love affair leading us thru the process. They handled many things behind the scenes for us throughout the process, saving us from needing to be involved in many of the details. Leslie and her team met all our requests (and there were many!), and the day went off without a htich, everything was wonderful!

Love Affair  5
    Love Affair  6
    Love Affair  7
    Love Affair  8

Emma · Married on 07/27/2018

I could not have had a more stress-free experience without Love Affair! Every step of the way they helped answer any questions I had and took care of absolutely everything. Taking our vision from our very first detail meeting and running with it, Love Affair found everything we needed that fit within our budget with ease. Onsite, I was happy I didn't have to stress over any of the details, set up, or answer any questions from anyone - Elise & her team were on it. Our wedding day was an absolute dream and we could not have done it without Love Affair!

Gianna · Married on 06/16/2018

We could not have planned our wedding without the help of the girls at Love Affair. They were super helpful throughout the entire process. Elise was very responsive and has answers to all of our questions. We knew everything was going to be great on our wedding day but Elise and her team made everything perfect. We didn’t worry about one detail on the wedding day and everything was even better than we could have imagined. My husband was skeptical at first, thinking we didn’t need to spend the money on planners but he quickly saw their value. We could not have asked for a better team to help us with our wedding. Thank you Love Affair for being so spectacular. We appreciate everything you did for us before, during, and after our wedding. You girls are the best!

Sarah · Married on 09/23/2017

Very simply, Love Affair is worth their weight in gold. It was easily one of the best decisions I made for our wedding. Leslie and team were outstanding, thinking of every detail that I didn't think of, and making sure things magically just happened. At no point during our entire day was I stressed out or worried about a single thing; a testament to Leslie's wealth of experience in wedding planning. Do yourself a favor, email/call Leslie, then immediately hire her and the team without a second thought. I can't thank Love Affair enough for making our wedding weekend completely perfect!

Sarah · Married on 09/16/2017

I highly recommend the team at Love Affair! I booked a two-hour consultation with Leslie and it was worth every penny! The first thing that struck me was how friendly she is, I instantly felt comfortable chatting with her. She really listened to what we had in mind and offered suggestions that were a perfect fit for our personalities. She helped us to put together a budget and was spot on with cost estimates for the vendors that we've booked to date. In order to get the most out of your consultation, I recommend going prepared with a long list of questions; the more you can pick her brain, the more valuable the time will be for you. We didn't personally need a full wedding planning package for our event but, if we did, I would not have thought twice about hiring Leslie on the spot, she rocks!

Shanon · Married on 09/03/2017

Elise & Leslie are fabulous! They executed our vision perfectly and communicated with us every step of the way!

Kristin · Married on 06/24/2017

We had a custom package with Love Affair that included a few consultations and day-of coordination. Since we were planning a Portsmouth, New Hampshire wedding from Chicago, we greatly appreciated Leslie's expertise and recommendations during the vendor selection process. She was very good at providing suggestions that would work for several price points and responded honestly and thoughtfully to any of our questions or concerns. On the wedding day, Elise and her team were such a pleasure to work with. They made sure that everything ran smoothly and that all of our guests were happy and comfortable. It took so much pressure off of us and our families to know that we had a hardworking, organized, professional, and friendly group of people taking care of the logistical aspects of the event. We were able to relax and celebrate with the people we love. It was such a special day that we will always remember, and Love Affair played such a big role in making sure it was everything we hoped and planned for.

Chad · Married on 06/17/2017

We met with Leslie from the Love Affair team while still trying to figure out what size and type of wedding we would have. Leslie did an outstanding job of presenting potential venues, vendors, event types and many other factors we hadn't considered. A couple hours spent with Leslie helped avoid weeks of confusion and research that we would have otherwise done on our own. Many thanks for helping clear up all of the wedding options available in such a short amount of time and make sure we got the wedding we wanted!

Sent on 04/04/2017

Love Affair 's reply:

Chad, It was a pleasure meeting with you and Stacey about your upcoming wedding! I am so happy to hear that the consultation helped to steer you in the right direction. We wish you all the happiness in planning and your upcoming marriage! Leslie and the Love Affair Team

Lucy · Married on 04/29/2017

Leslie and her team were amazing. She took wonderful care of the bride and groom while at the same time meeting all the needs/requests of their families and other guests. The venue was unusual and there were many related events - Leslie handled them all with a kind smile.

Polly · Married on 04/22/2017

Leslie and Elise are beyond amazing! From our first appointment all the way up to our wedding day everything was handled in a professional and friendly manner. Leslie took the time to get to know us and create a wedding that was perfectly fit to us! All the ladies at Love Affair are wonderful and we could not have asked for a more perfect day!

Courtenay · Married on 01/28/2017

From the moment we had our first meeting, I had complete faith and trust in Leslie and Elise. They were able to see my vision and made me feel at ease throughout the planning process. They were communicative, positive and supportive -- I knew I made the right decision in hiring them. From checking with the vendors the last two weeks before the wedding - to amazing and creative thinking the day of - Leslie and Elise were the best to work with. Our entire bridal party, both families and our friends agree.

Thank you so much Leslie, Elise and the whole Love Affair team -- our wedding day was completely magical and I couldn't have done it without you.

Sent on 03/26/2017

Love Affair 's reply:

Hi Courtenay! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fabulous review! It was a pleasure working with you and your family on your wedding- it was a truly beautiful day and your design was stunning. Much Love, The Love Affair team

Kathryn · Married on 10/29/2016

Leslie was fantastic to work with. My only regret was not engaging their services sooner as Love Affair provided my Day Of Coordination. It would have been so helpful to have had them planning the wedding from the start.

morgan · Married on 10/01/2016

Leslie and Elise were SO amazing to work with. Our wedding weekend went off without a hitch, even in the pouring rain! Both the planning process and day-of coordination was more than we could have hoped for. Our intimate ceremony was far more beautiful than we could have imagined, and our guests raved about how fun our big outdoor reception was....even in the stormy weather! Leslie and her team scrambled to make sure our guests were comfortable and stayed dry throughout the night. I don't think anyone will even remember the rain :) We highly recommend The Wedding Belle/Love Affair. They are truly outstanding.

Heidi · Married on 10/01/2016

Leslie at Love Affair is amazing! She put me at ease during my daughter's wedding weekend and the month that led up to it. She is very organized and takes care of every little detail. Because of Leslie, I was able to enjoy this very special weekend. Thank You!

Julie · Married on 09/24/2016

We had the most amazing wedding and it was everything we dreamed it would be thanks to the help of Love Affair. Elise and Leslie are amazing!!! From start to finish they were there every step of the way. They helped us finding the right DJ, lighting, catering, beauty and so much more. They made sure the wedding day was perfect for not only us, but also our family and friends. My dress was a bit wrinkled from transporting and I told Elise at the rehearsal. She said not to worry and that she would take care of it. These ladies think of it all, no detail goes unnoticed. Everything was organized and well planned. All we had to do was show up the day of, get ready and have the most amazing time!! All other details were handled by Elise and Leslie. We truly couldn't be more thankful to Love Affair for making our wedding the best day ever!!!

Cait · Married on 06/17/2016

We absolutely LOVED working with Leslie and Elise at Love Affair! It you are super busy or just have trouble making decisions (like me) they will make planning so much more manageable! They truly allowed us to enjoy our engagement!

Hilary · Married on 04/09/2016

Leslie and Elise from Love Affair planned my husbands' 50th birthday party. They were the most professional, creative, communicative and fun party planners I have ever worked with! We had over 100 guests and when people asked me if I was stressed about the planning, I always replied "no" because Leslie and Elise took care of everything. As many guests commented, "not a detail was left out" and that was all due to the talents of these amazing women. I highly recommend them for ANY event!!

margaret · Married on 09/19/2015

My daughter and I planned all of the decorations and hired all of the vendors for her wedding, but gratefully The Wedding Belle offers a package called Tranquility that provides outstanding services to coordinate the rehearsal and the day of the wedding. They provided a timeline for the wedding day, which was invaluable, and also handled everything from picking up food to keeping all of the vendors, as well as the bridal party, on schedule during the reception. We delivered all of the props, signs and other special amenities to Leslie the week before the wedding and she made sure they were all properly (and beautifully) displayed at the reception, then collected all of them at the end of the night and delivered them to my home. They distributed all of the gratuities to the vendors throughout the night and even delivered flowers from the reception to the hotel to be used for the brunch the following morning. I was able to enjoy the wedding and the Tranquility Package made that possible. My daughters wedding was perfect in every way, and came off without a hitch, thanks to The Wedding Belle and owner Leslie Barbini!!

• O

Olivia · Married on 09/12/2015

The Wedding Belle is a well oiled machine! Leslie and her Belle's work so hard to make your day memorable and relaxing. My family and I hired Leslie for the day of coordination for my wedding that took place on September 12th. She went above and beyond just the day of coordinating and made the whole planning process so much easier. When it came to the day of the wedding, Leslie was always on point and available to myself and my family for anything we needed. With the few hiccups that occurred, Leslie made sure that my husband and I were unaware and just focusing on enjoying our wedding day. I cannot express enough how grateful my entire family is to Leslie and her staff for making our wedding day spectacular!

Ally · Married on 08/01/2015

I recently got married on August 1, 2015 and had the pleasure of working with Leslie from The Wedding Belle in planning my wedding. The ceremony took place in York ME at the ViewPoint Inn over looking the Nubble Lighthouse and the reception was at the Portsmouth Harbor Event and Conference Center in Portsmouth. Leslie and her team were able to take the visions in my head and turn them into a reality that was above and beyond what I could have ever dreamed. Leslie made my life so much easier by being the one point of contact for all my vendors. I would communicate my thoughts to her and she worked with my vendors to make them possible. The weekend of my wedding Leslie and team were with us from the rehearsal on Friday through the luncheon on Sunday. The day of the wedding she made sure the guys and the girls were situated and in the proper locations all while making sure the logistics of the day were running smoothly. She and her team took care of any "hiccups" that happened during the day before they ever even got to me. When coffee ice cream was delivered for the ice cream bar instead of coffee oreo. Leslie and her team made time to stop at the ice cream store between the ceremony and reception to get me and my husband each an order of coffee oreo ice cream so that at least we had the correct flavor! It's the little things, like grabbing the correct ice cream, and the big things, like organizing all my vendors, invitations, transportation, and more, that Leslie and her team do that make working with them so amazing! I would recommend Leslie and the whole Wedding Belle's crew a thousand times over! Thank you so much Leslie and team for making my wedding the best day of my life!

Lynne · Married on 06/27/2015

I can't say enough good things about Leslie and her staff. They were easy to work with, professional, organized and helped us create a beautiful wedding. Leslie is very organized and very creative - a combination you don't always find! She listened to what we wanted and designed some beautiful and unique touches that made the wedding very personal and very special. During the weekend of the wedding, she and her staff were in charge and out of the way at the same time. They made sure all the details flowed and everyone had what they needed at all times. They are so experienced they know how things should flow and how to troubleshoot along the way. Leslie ran a fantastic rehearsal for us the night before the wedding which went a long way to alleviating everyone's nerves and made everything flow like clockwork during the real event. She was incredibly responsive to our questions along the way and held us to a reasonable timeline that made sure everything was buttoned up and there were no loose ends. I have had so many guests email, text or follow up with personal comments of how much they enjoyed the wedding. I heard more than once that "That was one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever been to." and "The whole day was flawlessly run and made it so much fun for guests." More importantly, the bride and groom and both families felt it was just what they wanted and we were free to enjoy every moment of it - thanks to Leslie and her staff.

Linda · Married on 05/30/2015

Hiring The Wedding Belle was the best decision we made. We truly got to enjoy our daughters wedding. Leslie and her team took care of all the details that would have been so distracting that day. Can't thank them enough.

Heather · Married on 08/23/2014

I could go on for pages writing why booking the Wedding Belle for my wedding was the best decision I made throughout the entire planning process. I will try to keep it brief though! At the beginning of my planning, I couldn't believe how little I knew about planning a wedding and how complicating it actually can be. After my first meeting with the Wedding Belle, I finally felt at ease and stress free about my wedding. It's simple, they just GET IT. They not only made the process so incredibly simple for me, but they took my confused, pinterest over loaded mind and created a wedding that I could have only dreamed about before. And WOW, the vendors they helped us pick.... They were all perfect and ideal! We barely had to do research... We told them our style and they had lists of reputable vendors that matched our needs and budget. When the whole thing was said and done, my husband and I looked back and couldn't fathom how it would have all came to fruition without "The Belle's". There were so many small things they did that made or day flawless. Another thing that sticks out at me was when we were all enjoying our after party and the belles were taking care of breaking down our reception, carefully putting away the décor pieces, organizing everything so that we could enjoy our night. I couldn't believe it! It was the cherry on top. Thank you to the Wedding Belle for making our day perfect.