Jack Griffin and Louisville Wedding Music Reviews

21 | Louisville, KY

21 Reviews for Jack Griffin and Louisville Wedding Music

Cassandra 路 Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing job

he string quartet was absolute amazing especially when it was paired with the church organ. Also the vocalist had one of the most beautifulest voices I have heard. The music was well above and beyond any of my expectations! I would recommend you to anyone who is looking for a String quartet for any occasion. 馃幓

Sent on 11/16/2018

Erin 路 Married on 01/05/2018

As someone who works in the wedding industry I have had the pleasure of working with Jack and his team on several occasions. So, when it came time for my own wedding I knew that I had to have Louisville Wedding Music be part of it! The music for my Catholic wedding ceremony was absolutely beautiful. I鈥檓 still receiving compliments about the music at my wedding and couldn鈥檛 be happier that I booked with Louisville Wedding Music!

Sent on 02/10/2018

John 路 Married on 12/02/2017

Jack Griffin and Commonwealth Musicians played at our daughter's wedding mass on 12-2-17. They played beautifully, and we received many comments afterward on how outstanding and classy the music was. I highly recommend Jack Griffin and Commonwealth Musicians for any wedding or event. They helped make the evening perfect!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Cathy 路 Married on 02/25/2017

Absolutely beautiful music -- Jack was so easy to work with...We decided fairly late in the wedding planning to have the quartet and a singer at my daugther's wedding ceremony and even later to add the quartet at the cocktail hour at the reception. Jack was so accommodating and made sure we got exactly what we wanted. As I said earlier the music was absolutely beautiful and made this very special night all the more memorable... I highly recommend Jack Griffin and Commonwealth Musicians!

Sent on 03/07/2017
  • User6629438 路 2+ years ago

Louisville Wedding Music.com was recommended to us by a friend who used their services of a Harpist for their daughter's wedding ceremony in June 2015. We had an Engagement Party for our son and his Bride-to-be on April 9, 2016 at the Louisville Boat Club in Louisville, Kentucky. We wanted music for the 3 hour event and we contacted this company for a Harpist. I know they have many musicians that can play for any type of venue. We were very pleased with the Harpist they sent. Her name was Lynetta and she was excellent, very prompt, and very professional. Everyone really enjoyed her. Jack Griffin was very kind and professional when contacted to provide us with a harpist musician. We felt their fee was very reasonable with the excellent musician they sent. We highly recommend them for any event.

Sent on 04/23/2016

Erica 路 Married on 09/12/2015

Our ceremony music was beautiful under the guidance of Jack Griffin. Jack is very easy to work with and his vocalist was tasteful and classic.

Sent on 10/25/2015

Jack Griffin and Louisville Wedding Music's reply:

Thanks, Erica! We enjoyed being a part of your BIG DAY! Thanks again for letting us play for you. --Jack Griffin

Mark 路 Married on 09/24/2011

I have nothing but praise for Jack Griffin and his musicians. We first met at one of the wedding fairs and immediately knew this was the music we wanted for the ceremony. A few minor changes with ceremony details were easily negotiated. Most important of all, the music was great and added just the right atmosphere to an outdoor ceremony at Yew Dell Gardens, prompting many compliments from the wedding guests. Mark.

Sent on 10/01/2011

megan 路 Married on 05/15/2010

Contracted a Violin, viola, and piano trio. Beautiful music...so glad we chose a live orchestra!

Sent on 06/11/2010

Tiffany 路 Married on 07/10/2009

I had a wonderful experience with Louisville Wedding Music! They were easy to work with, and helped me to select the music for my ceremony. The musicians did a terrific job!

Sent on 08/07/2009

Christina 路 Married on 08/09/2008

Great job!

Sent on 10/08/2008

Megan 路 Married on 06/11/2005

they were awesome!!!!

Sent on 10/21/2007

Amy 路 Married on 09/02/2007

I am very satisfied with our ceremony musician. JAck was so helpful with us picking out our music. They were wonderful.

Sent on 11/04/2007

Elaine 路 Married on 07/23/2016

Love, Love, Love, the music and professionalism of LouisvilleWeddingMusic.com!
    It was the most beautiful wedding I have seen, between the strings, trumpet, singer and organ, it was impeccable.
    Would HIGHLY recommend them for any ceremony.

Sent on 07/27/2016

Sage 路 Married on 02/15/2014

The members of Louisville Wedding Music are from the Louisville Orchestra. We used a string quartet for our cocktail hour and ceremony and then we switched to a jazz band for the reception.

Jack Griffin is the coordinator and he was wonderful to work with as were all the musicians. Our wedding was a Mardi Gras theme and the jazz band really got into the spirit even donning masks while they played.

The website is www.louisvilleweddingmusic.com

Sent on 02/21/2014

Jack Griffin and Louisville Wedding Music's reply:

Hey Sage! What a great, novel wedding! If was lots of fun and your guests were very nice to us. We even played Rocky Top for one of your friends. My jazz trio said to say Hi. Thanks for using us! --Jack Griffin

Beth 路 Married on 06/14/2008

Excellent job- they were easy to book and made it simple to choose the ceremony music. The cost was very reasonable.

Sent on 08/25/2009

Rafayna 路 Married on 09/10/2016

Jack and his musicians at Louisville Wedding Music were really easy to work with, from start to finish. Jack helped us put together the prelude, ceremony and reception music, which was exactly what we were looking for. Special kudos and thanks for playing some Bollywood music (a first for him and his musicians) that made the event extra special. We really appreciate his flexibility and professionalism, and were very pleased with the final product.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Jack Griffin and Louisville Wedding Music's reply:

Thanks Rafayna! We enjoyed being part of your BIG DAY! It was fun for us to play Baliwood music for you - it was something new and different. :-) Congrats!

Elizabeth 路 Married on 09/01/2012

2.0

We used a cantor for our Catholic wedding mass from Jack Griffin's group. I had a little bit of trouble getting in touch with Jack but after a few voicemails and emails, I got a response. The cantor had a lovely voice. Overall, I was pleased with this service and would recommend them.

Sent on 09/27/2012

Jack Griffin and Louisville Wedding Music's reply:

Hey Elizabeth! I'm glad you liked our singer. We always want to provide the best for our brides. I'm sorry about the difficulty contacting me. Sometimes it gets busy during prime orchestra season and keeping up with emails gets challenging. I'm glad you followed up and let us be a part of your wedding ceremony. Thanks again! --Jack Griffin

Casey 路 Married on 06/20/2009

I contracted with Jack Griffin and Commonwealth Musicians for a violin, cello, piano and trumpet. I never had to meet with him and communiated by email only. I completed the proper forms and musicians showed up in tuxedos and performed beautiful ceremony music.

Sent on 07/19/2009

Casey 路 Married on 06/26/2010

3.6
      3.0

We ordered a violinist and keyboard, and they were wonderful. I was happy with the song selection process and with the music itself, but they lost our check! When I called them weeks before the wedding, they didn't know who I was! I thought at first they were going to ask us to pay the entire amount again, but eventually they did locate the check.

Sent on 08/07/2010

Jack Griffin and Louisville Wedding Music's reply:

Well, part of what Casey says is true. I didn't know who she was because all of my communications were with the groom. He requested the contract and everything was his name. Her check was never lost, it was simply in the groom's name. Nothing in my files had her name on it and I assumed she was a new bride wanting us to play her wedding. If she had simply mentioned the groom's name, it would have been much easier for me to located her. It's true, I finally figured it out when she gave me the date, time and location and I told her all was well.

Lindsey 路 Married on 06/18/2011

0.6
      1.0
      0.5

To say we were displeased with the service provided by Louisville Wedding music would be putting it extremely mildly. We only met once with the company and no one from the staff attended the wedding rehearsal. The muscians completely botched the music for the ceremony. We all listened in horror as the trumpet player squawked several times in his wretched attempt at the Trumpet Voluntary. The bride was mortified as her only bridal entrace in her life was completely desecrated. In addition the trumpet stopped playing before the bride reached the end of the isle.

This was not the only incident/issue with Louisville Wedding Music. They were not even kind enough to offer an apology for what had happened and left at the first chance they had. Several attempts have been made to contact them but they are unresponsive. We have it all on video!

It has been 2 weeks since Louisville Wedding Music responded to the original review. Still no refund.

Sent on 07/02/2011

Jack Griffin and Louisville Wedding Music's reply:

I can't apologize enough for this misfortune. The trumpet player arrived early, rehearsed with the musicians and everything was perfect. However, when the bride entered, the trumpet had a mechanical malfunction - one valve locked open and would not break free. The trumpeteer tried to play through it but the instrument was unplayable. I also understand that the manufacture of the trumpet is providing a new instrument to my musician. In 36 years of doing weddings, this had never before happened. I truly apologize, however, as I understand it, every other piece during the ceremony went well including the vocal solos, prelude music and other entrance music. Again, I apologize to this bride and have already sent a refund for the trumpet. I also had communicated this to her just after the wedding via email. We strive to be the best as you can see in our previous reviews and always want the music to be perfect.