Lost Oak Winery Reviews

14 Reviews for Lost Oak Winery

• Kara

Kara · Married on 12/02/2018

Incredible in every way

I couldn't have asked for a better venue for our wedding. The entire venue is beautiful inside and out. The spacious bridal suite allowed myself, my bridesmaids, mother and flower girls plenty of room to get ready. The outside ceremony was incredible and we had so many great places to take pictures. My coordinator, Bekah, was top notch. She responded to any question I had so quickly and took care of everything I needed to make my day special. I viewed 3 other wineries and this one took the cake. Don't hesitate to book.

• Mary Elizabeth

Mary Elizabeth · Married on 10/28/2018

Outdoor Wedding Bliss

My daughter’s wedding was outdoors before sunset and set up next to a beautiful pond with a fountain and footbridge over it. And set alongside the grapevines too. Truly lovely. They have suites for the bridal party to dress and prepare for the wedding. Complimentary wine and cheese and fruit trays included. The reception was inside their event center with plenty of room for the caterer and band to set up. Plenty of room for our guests to move about and dance. And the wine...their wines are just the best. The best part, totally worth the money, was having Lost Oaks’ wedding day coordinator oversee everything that happened that day. Her being there was a huge relief to our family on this most important day.

Chandler · Married on 07/14/2018

I have not even had my wedding yet but I'm already in love with the venue and Sheila! The venue is beautiful, they have no crazy fees and are super flexible about vendors and other things. Sheila was so friendly and made the decision of choosing our venue super easy. I can't wait for our wedding!

Nicola · Married on 05/07/2017

BEAUTIFUL WEDDING VENUE. AMAZING STAFF.
    My husband and I worked with both Sheila (planning process) and Rachel (final decisions and the big day) to coordinate our wedding at the winery. Their attention to detail was amazing! Being so detail oriented, I appreciated having Rachel be on the same page as I was regarding final details and the day of the wedding. While I’m sure it’s all in a day’s work for them, I felt that Rachel and her staff went above and beyond for our big day, she was even gracious enough to give our top tablecloths a quick steaming when I felt that the fold lines were a little to pronounced for my preference. As guilty as I felt asking her to help with that, I couldn’t be more thankful for her willingness to do so.
    Now on to the venue – so lovely! We purposefully booked our wedding when everything would be green and growing, and the setting did not disappoint! Not to mention their new events pavilion… just perfect for what we wanted. It was the perfect space for our guests and us. I couldn’t imagine choosing a different place to say ‘I do!’

Becky · Married on 03/11/2017

Lost Oak Winery was the perfect location for our wedding. Sheila and Becca were helpful and flexible. The pavilion is new and a great space, we only had 50 people so there a lot unused space, but we were able to pull the tables in and make it an intimate party. The wine and bartenders were wonderful. They started serving wine to guests as they arrived, so everyone was in a great mood the whole time. Overall our wedding day was perfect and one of the reasons was the perfect location.

Ashley · Married on 01/21/2017

I worked for Lost Oak winery for about a year and a half back in 2008, which was actually more “fun” than work.
    I quickly became attached to the family and took on a sense of belonging. I always enjoyed my shifts, the scenery, the amazing wine and all the great customers!
    Back in July 2016 my boyfriend proposed to me and I immediately began planning our wedding. No other venue came to mind than Lost Oak Winery! Not only did I personally know how all weddings were planned and executed but the scenery is also magnificent.
    I was happy to learn that they had built a new pavilion for weddings and such. Wow, was I surprised at this grand structure!! Not only is it full of light, the beautify from the outdoors is brought in with all the windows. I must say they did an exquisite job with the plans of this building.
    We were happy to meet Sheila, our wedding coordinator. She helped me go through all the steps slowly and professionally. As a bride, you can be scatterbrained but Sheila helped me stay focused, on schedule and suggested things I had never thought of! We had a rather limited budget but with Sheila's help, you would think we had spent triple what we did!!! She was amazing to work with!
    Since our wedding, many of our guests told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to. From the food, to our first dance which was choreographed to surprise our guests. Sheila also referred us to a phenomenal DJ who had everyone on the dance floor till the end. It was the PERFECT venue........ a night that no one will ever forget, especially for my husband and me.

Shelby · Married on 10/08/2016

Amazing, venue. Our wedding was like a real life fairytale. We could've have chosen a better place, or a better staff. They made our wedding day, the best wedding day we could have imagined!

I worked with Sheila at Lost Oak Winery and everything was absolutely flawless! She responded to all of my emails before the wedding in a timely manner and was able to answer all of my questions (some of them more than once). The venue is absolutely beautiful and even though it was storming the morning of my wedding, the crew was able to get everything done exactly how I had hoped. If you are looking for an outdoor venue, this is a great place to say I do!

M · Married on 03/17/2012

We were looking for a natural, romantic, outdoor venue in the DFW area, and not only did Lone Oak Winery fit the bill, but it was a great value too. Renting their property for our ceremony and reception also included all of the tables, chairs, linens, wine/sangria glasses, etc. The venue is absolutely gorgeous for an outdoor wedding, but honestly, the best part of this venue is the staff. A day-of wedding coordinator is included in the price of rental, and working with Sue and Roxanne (who filled in for Sue on the day-of, since Sue was on vacation) was a pleasure. Every staff member we came in contact with was so helpful and literally went above and beyond for us. They made me feel like I didn't have a single worry, and they made everything beautiful. They helped us set everything up and even helped the groom hang lights inside our tent the night before the wedding. Our families also have told us how impressed they were by the staff. The only down-side is that there is nowhere for the groom and groomsmen to get ready, so they had to get dressed ahead of time and wait around outside before the ceremony began.

Prentiss · Married on 10/16/2010

I had my wedding and reception at Lone Oak Winery. We had around 75 guests, so we decided to use the patio and surrounding area since it's more intimate. However, there is plenty of space on their property for bigger weddings. We bought our wine and sangria ahead of time and got a significant discount. Sue was our venue coordinator and she was wonderful. She was on top of things the entire night, and in the days and weeks leading up to the wedding. I could not be happier with the venue or Sue. Everyone loved the winery, it's like a hidden gem. October turned out to be a wonderful time for an outdoor wedding and our photographer got some great shots of us in the vineyard with all the beautiful colors. We hired some of the Lone Oak staff to help with serving and any extra things our guests might need. They were all wonderful. I am extremely happy with the way our wedding turned out and I think it was the perfect venue for us. I think you get great value and quality for your money with Lone Oak and would not hesitate to recommend this place to other couples.

Sarah · Married on 10/22/2016

My husband and I were thrilled with the Lost Oak Winery location for our wedding! We also loved working with Sheila! She answered all the questions I had throughout the process, met with me and my family at different stages to work through the details of the wedding, and was very calm, friendly and cool headed throughout. My only concern with the wedding was that there weren't enough chairs for all of our guests at the ceremony. We had contacted any remaining RSVPs and had a very solid guest count, which I gave to the venue, so I'm not sure what happened with the chairs. But really, everything else went smoothly! My one suggestion would be to buy more wine than you think you need! Our wedding went to cash bar earlier than we thought it would!

April · Married on 09/03/2017

When we stumbled upon this venue, it was perfect timing. They were in the middle of finishing their "event center" or pavilion to host weddings,showers, etc. The whole process was easy. Towards the early end of our wedding, we were granted a wedding coordinater due to business picking up. Rachel, our coordinator was just lovely and amazing. Contacting her about small details I wanted to change and questions I had, she was quick to respond to my every needZ The wine at this place, is also just so amazing. The view is breathtaking. I would 100% recommend checking this venue out!

2.5

I absolutely love lost oak winery its a beautiful venue and the wedding planner Sheila is amazing!