Los Encinos Hill Country Estate Reviews

35 | San Antonio, TX

35 Reviews for Los Encinos Hill Country Estate

1 User photo

Scott · Married on 10/28/2017

Highly recommended. Bertha and her staff made our wedding very special. Our guests could not believe how pretty the venue is. Our outside ceremony under the arbor was perfect. The food was great, the bartender knew his business and there were no surprises. Lots of people have told us that our wedding was one of the best they have ever attended. Shirley and Scott

Sent on 11/02/2017

Los Encinos Hill Country Estate's reply:

Hi Scott, thank you so much for your review. It was a pleasure hosting such a wonderful event.

Amanda · Married on 10/10/2015

I am beyond thrilled that we picked Los Encinos for our venue. Bertha was amazing through the whole planning process and made me feel like I was in good hands even when I didn't have a wedding planner. During the wedding we got so many compliments about how beautiful our venue was (which it was!). We had about 150 guests and everyone fit perfectly. There are a few big reasons why I went with this venue and why I would recommend it to other couples. First is the price. I contacted and looked at countless venues before deciding on Los Encinos. I had fallen in love with a few others then found out details like they didn't set up or you had to supply just so many things. Los Encinos was the best priced for what you get. They also come with so much which is incredibly helpful. The venue is basically a one stop shop. They do the decorations (though you can pay to get more decorations), they do the setup, the food (which was VERY tasty and we got a lot of compliments), and they have just so many other little details you may not think about until you are breaking the bank buying (like the plates and napkins and the table cloths). When looking at venues I also wanted to know the rain options. This is definitely a beautiful place to get married outdoors but I wanted to see where we would be getting married if it rained. This one would be in front of really pretty floor to ceiling windows. Besides all of that, I think it all ran very smoothly and the wedding was more perfect than I could have asked for!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Los Encinos Hill Country Estate's reply:

Hi Amanda,

What a blessing it was. It was a pleasure meeting you and your family.

Debbie · Married on 06/06/2014

Thanks Bertha and her daughters for making my wedding day perfect! Planning was easy because they are all inclusive in their package. Tables, chairs, tablecloths, napkins, centerpieces, bartender etc etc is taken care of and set up for you. Everything was beautiful and the food was delicious. I got rave reviews (and still today) from family and friends alike. This place is wonderful. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/21/2014
  • LesLarwe

Lesley · Married on 05/25/2014

We had a wonderful experience at Los Encinos all the way around from the moment we stepped foot on the property to the moment we departed after our wedding reception. Bertha, Arlene, and Denise are exceptional people who not only love what they do, but their passion shows through every step of the way! When Bertha first greeted us to show us around, she did so with the enthusiasm a mother does for her own daughter. She was eager to provide information, answer questions, and offer suggestions. She continued to remain equally as enthusiastic throughout the planning stages to the day of our wedding.

The place is gorgeous for an outdoor ceremony, and then equally gorgeous for an indoor reception. In fact, my groom (who, let's face it wasn't as 'into' the planning part as I was) took another walk around the property, and took some more pictures soaking the scenery all again the morning after when he went by to pick up the beer kegs we left. He found one of our fresh orchids on the grounds from the night before and took a very beautiful picture of it! (And they say men aren't observant and sentimental!)

We really felt like we made the right choice for us from start to finish from everything they had to offer-- from the decor, to the food, to the service, to the atmosphere, and we had several people come up to us and tell us it was the best wedding they had ever attended. We highly recommend this gorgeous place!

Our only compliant is that our day came and went so quickly!

-L & L, 5/25/2014

Sent on 05/28/2014

Randy · Married on 03/21/2014

We are very glad that we discovered Los Encinos. Bertha and her daughters made it a very easy and beautiful evening for us. The staff, the venue, the quality of the food and the bar made it a perfect and unforgettable night.

Sent on 03/10/2015

Cathy · Married on 02/08/2014

Los Encinos was by far the most beautiful and affordable reception venue compared to any others we investigated. The setting feels like the Hill Country without the drive. Their selection of decor and catering was outstanding. All of our guests raved about the food, the layout, and the attention to detail. Bertha and her staff helped keep things moving along our timeline. I cannot imagine another venue that would make planning so easy, provide a night so beautiful, and a staff so professional and friendly. If you are planning a wedding, Los Encinos is the best choice!

Sent on 03/05/2014

I honestly cannot say enough good things about Los Encinos! Bertha and her staff worked so hard to make sure everything turned out beautiful and that my day ran smoothly. The decor was beautiful, the food was great, and the upgraded chivari chairs really made the place feel bigger. The place was well worth the price. I cannot thank them enough for all they did to make my day amazing!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Sarah · Married on 09/01/2012

I just got married here September 1st and am still reeling at how flawless and beautiful everything was! I'm so happy I chose to get married here at the recommendation of a friend (thanks Danielle!). Everything was pretty much included which definitely made my planning headache free. All I had to do was choose my linens and centerpieces (included in their pricing) and show up. They did all the setting up and cleaning up! I would recommend this place to all my friends and relatives. Check them out. They're really flexible and helpful.

Sent on 09/20/2012

Erika · Married on 07/28/2012

My dream wedding took place at Los Encinos! Bertha and her daughters (Arlene and Denise) were so friendly and made us feel so comfortable each time we visited the location by answering our questions and meeting our requests. On our wedding day, they made it a point to make sure everything was perfect! The atmosphere, the food and the service was impeccable! Thank you for making our special day a memorable one! Erika Chavez

Sent on 08/14/2012

Joe · Married on 07/07/2012

Thank you Bertha for another gorgeous and flawless outdoor wedding! The bride, her family and all of the guests just raved about how beautiful everything was, the food.....everything. You make the life of a wedding planner, a dream!
    Exquisite Events by Julia

Sent on 07/26/2012

Dalia · Married on 03/19/2011

We recently got married at Los Encinos Hill Country Estate and I must say that we had the most BEAUTIFUL wedding! Bertha and her staff went above and beyond what we had expected. Initially, when we calculated the cost of the venue and services it seemed a bit much, however in the end we saved on all the little things such as linens, decorations, lighting and floral. This venue provides just about everything which saves you time and is less stressful than hunting down a million vendors on your special day. It was worth every last penny! Our guests and family absolutely loved the place, the food was delicious and the entire set up was exactly what i had imagined it to be.....GORGEOUS! I must add that the bartender on staff makes killer margarita's, probably the best I've ever had. I loved everything about the place and I recommend it to anyone planning their special day.

-Dalia and Sean Almond Married 3/19/2011

Sent on 04/12/2011

Allie · Married on 12/04/2010

We were at a wedding for my best friends recently at Los Encinos. Everything went off absolutely perfectly! It was beautiful!! Love, love, loved it!

Sent on 12/12/2010

Katyana · Married on 12/04/2010

Seeing all the photos helped us so much. Bertha was so very helpful to us. We had so many compliments on our wedding. We could not be happier.

Sent on 12/24/2010

Diana · Married on 08/07/2010

Los Encinos Hill Country Estate was the best choice I made for my wedding. I held my reception and ceremony there and everything went as planned. Bertha, the owner made things less stressful for me. She works like a wedding planner and does her 100 percent to make sure the bride is happy. I was nervous about the ceremony songs but she helped me pick out the most amazing songs. The property is in excellent condition. Everything from the castle like entrance to the perfectly trimmed trees made this place top of my list. The food was also very good. We chose the fajita steak/chicken dinner which I would recommend to anyone. The portions are huge; you definitely get your money’s worth. Ask for the lights around the room for the ceremony. If you’re having a nigh wedding like I did it makes the place look magical. Not to mention the pictures came out perfect. Overall Los Encinos was the perfect place for my wedding and I got everything I asked for. Happy bride here and would recommend this place to anyone. Thank you so much Bertha for making my wedding day a night to remember!

Diana Solis married on August 7, 2010

Sent on 09/22/2010

julia · Married on 10/11/2008

December 8, 2010
    Chosen a favorite by local brides in the http://Knot.com for two years in a row, Los Encinos Hill Country Estate is my favorite San Antonio venue for outdoor weddings. Call me, I can plan an event there that suits your personality. Check out the weddings on youtube Exquisite Events by Julia or Los Encinos Hill Country Estate to see photos of the fun weddings, from elegant to rustic. We have held many gorgeous receptions and other celebrations of the grounds of the perfectly beautiful, wonderful Los Encios Hill Country Estae. It is venue for the epitome of the garden wedding you always dreamed of. You can have a horse and carriage ,butterflies, doves or balloon releases, dinner and dancing under the stars, a live band or Texas favorites like an outdoor bar, mariachis to add to your festivities. The sky is the limit! The photos turn out amazing and the guests will rave about it for weeks to come. If you always wanted to marry outdoors, Los Encinos is Texas Hill Country at its finest! Julia ( 210 ) 380-3981
    San Antonio Wedding Consultant Exquisite Events by Julia

Sent on 12/14/2010

Melissa · Married on 04/02/2005

I was a bridesmaid here last month and thought the venue was just beautiful! I would definitely recommend Los Encinos to friends and family. They provided almost everything like tables, chairs, linens, silverware, centerpieces, food, set up and clean up. I didn't have to help my friend track down and book outside vendors for much of anything. All we needed to look for was a cake, photographer, dj and minister. They only thing is you have to bring in your own alcohol which I think is actually a good thing. It makes the decorating process so easy-just choose your colors from their many linens. Their prices are pretty reasonable too. Just thought I'd share!

Sent on 09/20/2012

Julie · Married on 12/01/2008

I have had the pleasure of working with Bertha, Los Encinos Hill Country Estate and her staff on many occassions. My company has coordinated weddings all over Texas and in several other states and Los Encinos by far is one of my favorite places. This estate is set on a secluded estate with beautiful oak trees and it makes for a dream outdoor wedding. I have done brunches, sunset and candle light weddings all to magnificent success at this lovely wedding venue. Bertha allows the couples a lot of freedom to have a horse drawn carriage, dove and butterfly releases, the children can run around the grounds and enjoy her kid's corner. It is so different than being inside a hotel. If you have always wanted a charming, elegant outdoor wedding, Los Encinos is the place in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. Julia, Exquisite Events by Julia

Sent on 01/27/2009

Paul · Married on 07/12/2014

This is a gorgeous location and they were flexible and excited about working with us on the menu and our vision to have a brunch reception. It was also a great place to take pictures.

Sent on 07/30/2014

Carol · Married on 06/02/2012

Greg and I were married at Los Encinos Hill Country Estate a week ago on June 2, 2012. We originally chose the venue because of the beautiful building and backyard, as well as the BYOB bar service. As we prepared for the wedding the past six months, we quickly realized what a great find we'd made. Bertha and her daughter were wonderful about letting us tour the venue and ask questions as often as we needed to to work through our own wedding day details. It was extremely convenient to have one vendor to work with for tables, chairs, linens, candles, food, wait staff, bar service, etc. We made a few upgrades from her standard package and had several unusual requests on top of that, but Bertha was fine with each of them. Bertha was also very helpful during the rehearsal and the morning of to ensure everything went smoothly. The ceremony took place in the backyard. We planned for 237 guests, with 15 indoor tables and 9 outdoor. About 207 actually showed up. We have received numerous calls, emails and thank you notes from family and friends, all commenting on the beauty of the venue and the fabulous wedding. I am so happy with the way our wedding turned out. I highly recommend Los Encinos Hill Country Estate.

Sent on 07/04/2012

Amanda · Married on 03/15/2014

3.5

Overall, this venue was lovely, and who could resist Bertha? The sweet lady that owns the venue. The only thing that I was not overly thrilled with was the lack of options regarding the caterer. You are required to use theirs. The food was good, but I would have liked the option to use my own.

Sent on 10/23/2014

melissa · Married on 09/12/2009

I had my ceremony and reception at Los Encinos on September 12,2009 and everything was perfect! Bertha was accommodating, pleasant, and such an ease to work with. The ceremony was exactly what I hoped for. The outdoor ceremony was held at dusk, flocked with huge oak trees, and the epitome of natural beauty. My mother expressed concerns of mosquitoes to Bertha, and 30 minutes prior to the ceremony, she fogged the area herself. There was enough time to clear the mosquitoes and remove the fog. I received countless compliments from friends and family-even just yesterday. My single friends have already decided they want to marry there as well! I'm really unsure what the prior review is about, seeing how my experience was the complete opposite. The only thing I can imagine is perhaps the bride is a 'bridezilla' or just a fluke occurance. At any rate, I have nothing but thanks and compliments for Los Encinos and would highly recommend it for a romantic hill country wedding.

Sent on 10/01/2009

3.0

The reception and scenery was beautiful. Very well organized. Food was great. Lighting was good. But…the owner was adamant to try and set the time sooner then later for the reception, when the parish's distance was a bit far to arrive at the time she wanted to agree to. She did make up for it by making conversation with my guests and being very attentive. Towards the end of cutting the cake they started cutting the slices bigger to the point that my own mom was left without trying one! Its a great place for a bridal photo shoot, its very romantic, very whimsical. It made our wedding very memorable! Im very happy with the outcome and the pictures taken from my guests. I highly recommend anyone having their wedding or anniversary reception taken place here!

Sent on 11/15/2013

Cassandra · Married on 03/21/2008

4.2
      3.0

I just had my ceremony and reception at Los Encinos about one month ago, and my expectations to have the most memorable day in my life were met, if not exceeded. Bertha assuaged my pre-wedding jitters when we filled out my questionnaire as all the details were tended to. The exterior's beauty compliments the "homey" feeling inside. I would recommend to any bride wanting a cozy and tranquil environment. Los Encinos was just listed in "The Knot-Best of weddings 2008" as a winner chosen by real brides as one of the best reception sites in the Southwest Texas area. *my emails were not responded to promptly, but I reached her immediately by phone

Sent on 04/22/2008

3.0

The venue was beautiful and had a great layout for a good amount of people. What's really nice, is that everything is included in the venue (chairs, tables, dinnerware, etc...). You are able to bring in your own alcohol and bartender is included, which is also a big money saver. The only downside was the owner is a bit pushy and some of the decorations are old and dirty, but you are allowed to bring in outside decor as long as you take it with you after the wedding.

Sent on 06/09/2015

Stephanie · Married on 04/20/2013

3.5

We absolutely loved the venue and all of the amenities included in the price. Bertha and her daughters were very responsive and helpful throughout the planning process, rehearsal, and wedding day with regard to decorating, setting up, and moving things along in a timely manner. I do have a few complaints: on the day of, the chicken for several of my guests was raw to the point of blood leaking out onto the plates. It was made clear to us that guests would not be allowed to revisit the buffet despite having paid for all of the food so our guests who received raw chicken did not eat. Additionally, you are unable to taste the different dishes if they are not being served at other weddings as the venue only has chefs on site for events and do not cook food outside of those events so we were unable to taste test our meal choice prior to the wedding day. I think the venue is absolutely beautiful and as mentioned previously, the amenities are great but they need to fix some of these issues.

Sent on 06/18/2013