Lori's DJ Service Reviews

12 | Chicago, IL

12 Reviews for Lori's DJ Service

Eric R. · Getting married on 05/11/2022

Excellent D.J. and excellent service!

What can we say but 2020 was a crazy year while we were planning our wedding, but DJ Lori helped us in so many ways. When COVID first hit, our venue told us that our wedding had to be rescheduled and that devastated us, because we had so many relatives who were flying in for our wedding and had already booked flights and hotels. With the rescheduling, further planning and finally having our wedding at a much smaller amount of people (we had invited over 275!), we were forced to only have 50 people at a different venue, rather than the grand venue we originally booked. DJ Lori was so superb in helping us rearrange everything and kept in touch with us, which really put us at ease. Moving forward, our wedding was a huge blast! Even with the lesser amount of people we could only have, Lori really put her twist of skills to the dance floor and our guests had a ton of fun!! So, thank you to DJ Lori for helping us through a tough year and for giving us the fun wedding we expected and needed. I highly recommend her and her services to anyone!

Sent on 02/11/2021

Lori's DJ Service's reply:

You are so welcome, Eric ;) It was a pleasure working with you both and wishing you both the best. Thank you and have a wonderful life together.

Dennis S. · Getting married on 07/08/2021

Glenna & Steven Wedding

When my daughter told me she was getting married I immediately thought of Lori for the reception. I have used her services many times so I knew the quality of her work. Together with her husband they always provide the most wonderful experience as they did for my daughters wedding. I highly recommend her for any event.

Sent on 02/28/2020

Lori's DJ Service's reply:

Thank you, Dennis :) We have been honored to work with you and your daughter, and I'm so glad you and your daughter are happy with the services for her wedding :) Thank you again!

Ron T. · Married on 10/06/2020

Absolutely, we recommend Lori's DJ Services!

If you want the best in the DJ business, hire Lori's DJ Service, seriously! Lori was super helpful and super fun to work with, and our guests continue to rave about her, to this day! My wife and I truly enjoyed working with her. Her professionalism and communication was so on target, and she guided us along the way with suggestions and listening to our thoughts of what we wanted. In the end, with the organized planning we did through emails and 3 meetings, (we were very picky!), our wedding turned out to be a blast!! Thank you, Lori!! We recommend her to all our friends all the time, and are looking forward to our cousin's wedding she will DJ this year!

Sent on 02/28/2020

Lori's DJ Service's reply:

Thank you, Ron! You and your wife are such splendid people and truly enjoyed working with you :) And, to watch you both have so much fun at the wedding made me happy! Have a wonderful life together! Lori

Rachel · Married on 09/05/2020

Dancing the night away

Had a great wedding experience with DJ Lori. My guests and I loved the music Ave danced the night away.

Sent on 09/18/2020

Lori's DJ Service's reply:

Thank you very much, Rachel (and Matthew)! I loved working with you both and so glad you had fun :) Keep in touch!

Maureen S. · Married on 07/10/2020

Daughter's wedding

Outstanding service! We would hire Lori again for any DJ entertainment needs--

Sent on 03/01/2020

Lori's DJ Service's reply:

Thank you so much, Maureen! You were a dream to work with and I'm glad your daughter loved her wedding. Best wishes!

Cathy D. · Married on 07/10/2019

Seriously, the best wedding DJ!

I cannot even begin to emphasis what an awesome DJ that Lori is!! First off, she truly was a excellent communicator in helping me plan my wedding to the T and took the time with (now my husband!) Ned and I to plan my wedding with the right logistics and music. Then, the day of the wedding, all my guests simply raved about her music and her style because she really pays attention to everything, leaving me with no worries and all the right music we all wanted :):):) Seriously, hire her for your wedding! I am so happy we found her and cannot thank her enough for her professionalism, plus her amazing setup is so fun! My family and I absolutely love her! THANK YOU, LORI !!!

Sent on 01/31/2020

Lori's DJ Service's reply:

Thank you so much, Cathy! I really appreciate this! It was super fun working with you both, and I am so glad we had the chance to work together. KIT!
  • Chris

Chris · Married on 05/25/2019

Above and Beyond!

Lori is a very genuine person. She helped us every step of the way including several of my wife's surprises during the ceremony. She was so professional and committed to us that she drove out to the venue on her own accord to make sure she knew the facility. She is very kind, patient, which was needed in our case with a large bridal party. We would recommend her over and over again. If you want a person who cares about you and your ceremony and wedding reception going well, chose Lori.
    Sincerely,
    Chris and Kim Jurs

Sent on 06/08/2019

Lori's DJ Service's reply:

What a beautiful review :) Chris and Kim, again, I am most appreciated to have had the opportunity to be a part of your special day. It was, sincerely, my honor and pleasure to work with you both, as well, as working with a couple like yourselves, who truly treat people with such kindness and respect, is a happy dream. Have a wonderful life together and many thanks, again!

Lenore · Married on 08/24/2018

Great DJ Period!!

Having DJ Lori for my wedding was the best DJ we could have asked for! Once my husband and I were set on having Lori as our DJ she sent us a bridal packet which had the entire wedding laid out in detail!! I loved that she cared so much to put so much detail in to all weddings! We sat with her and went over different songs, when to play them, and lighting! She has so much more equipment then many other DJs had that I had talked to. She is very professional, detailed, and always had open communication with me which is all a bride could ask for. I would recommend her to anyone! All of my guests were saying how much they loved her! Thanks DJ Lori!

Sent on 02/18/2019

Lori's DJ Service's reply:

Lenore and Rene, it was such a wonderful pleasure to work with you both! Thank you both for having me DJ your wedding and letting me be a part of your most important day of your lives. You and your guests were so much fun, and spinning your selections of House, Old School classics, Hiphop and Latin beats were fun, fun, fun! Thank you, especially Lenore, for your continuing support for my DJ career in other avenues, too! Happy day!

Victoria · Married on 06/30/2018

Dream Wedding DJ

Lori was an amazing DJ at our wedding! I am one of those brides who is very particular about EVERYTHING and Lori was able to make it all happen. We met beforehand and I gave her a list of all the songs I wanted to hear. She knew exactly what to do and really put my mind at ease. I loved every moment of my wedding and everything went so smoothly. We couldn’t have done it without her! Also, Lori brought this awesome cloud DJ booth, and awesome lights! It was perfect!

Sent on 02/15/2019

Lori's DJ Service's reply:

Thank you, Victoria! I really enjoyed working with you and your husband, Michael, and your wedding was amazing! Best wishes and KIT! :)

DJ LORi

Veronica C. · Married on 05/19/2018

Consistent wedding PRO!

I have worked with DJ Lori on several projects over the course of 3 years and I have to say how well she handles her events with us. She is always professional in communicating and timely (we never have to wait for a rely), always helpful with suggestions, shows up with plenty of time to setup her equipment and always performs a fun event for us and our clients. I strongly recommend hiring her, as she is the best we have worked with. Also, she has serviced my wedding of last year and needless to say, it was phenomenal! She really does know her line of work and I never had to worry about my wedding, knowing how she handles everything so well. So, do hire her for your wedding, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/31/2020

Lori's DJ Service's reply:

My, my, I am truly blushing! Thank you so much Veronica :) I always enjoy working with you, you are very sweet. Looking forward to the next event!

John S. · Married on 09/15/2018

Genuine Fraud

My wife and I booked Lori for our wedding in September 2018. All I can can say is the photos and reviews of Lori are very deceiving. The packet she mailed us was littered with grammatical and spelling errors. We let that go. We decided to pay her in full before we met with her as a sign of good faith. She appreciated us doing that so far in advance. We were scheduled to meet with her about 35 days prior to our wedding. Lori canceled our meeting to work a “gig” as she called it. She rescheduled for us to meet within a month of our wedding. We drove from Chicago to Hammond, IN to meet in Lori’s 80 degree attic to which she referred her home office. She started the meeting by apologizing and saying it had been a while since she held a wedding meeting. Throughout the meeting, her disorganization was evident and she even referred to our ideas as stupid. My wife and I drove back to Chicago in silence wondering what we had just paid for. Two days later I emailed Lori and told her we were going to book someone else for our wedding. I told her I knew she was already paid in full, but that we would appreciate any partial refund. Lori demanded a reason why we were canceling and she refused to refund any portion of what we paid. She is extremely unprofessional and not the type of person you want emceeing your wedding. Maybe she is great for county fairs and block parties, but definitely not trustworthy for special occasions. Stay away for your own good.

Sent on 11/28/2018

Lori's DJ Service's reply:

Currently, a lawsuit, as well as a cease & desist order and judgement, is placed against John Sifferman, as his claims of fraud is criminal and illegal, aside being invalid, unfounded, and most off, unethical and disturbing,

The truth of the matter, is John cancelled our services 3 weeks before his October 2018 wedding date, without giving us a valid reason why. We held his wedding date for 12 months, (reserved since September 2017), and with our standard industry wedding contract he signed and agreed to, it specifically states that the full balance is due one month before the wedding and no refunds are given once the money is paid down, (unless a wedding date transfer request is placed by the bride and groom). Upon signing the contract, he agreed to abide by all the rules and legal laws expressed in that contract.

Moving forward, upon his email request to cancel, he, then, expected all his money back: he even mentioned in his email of his cancellation request, that he knew he could not get his money back, but unreasonably demanded it, anyhow. He went, as far as threatening our services that he would bash us on social media and all sites, if he could not get his money back. We kept our composure, remained professional and just simply did not respond to his continuing email threats. Since he broke the contract terms and did not allow us to service his wedding, unfortunately, the loss was his responsibility. We communicated with him twice, (before he delivered his threats), to reasonably find out what we could do to help him, but he simply refused to give us an answer to his cancellation.

To date, we have no idea why he cancelled, even after the pre-planning meeting we had with him and his then-fiance Ashley, in our home office 4 weeks prior to his date. Furthermore, his claims and lies of us referring to their "ideas as stupid" is very wrong, indeed. Never once did that happen and we would certainly never treat our clients in such terrible manners he claims. Our services specifically encourages the ideas of the bride and groom, as we believe in tailoring weddings to their details. Lastly, we have never serviced "county fairs", so it's apparent he is either confusing our services with another, or simply just resorting to being condescending and demeaning.

We have proven to be one of the most organized DJ services around, especially with our awards, having serving thousands of weddings since 1985. It's very disturbing to see such ill behavior, and attempts to mar and ruin our well-founded excellent reputation as award-winning professional DJs that we've proven over the decades. With the lawsuit we placed against him, we hope he can mature and learn to speak the truth from this point on. Illegal and criminal activity is not something to use on someone, nor a business, just to get money back.
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 08/15/1978

1.0

Do not hire Lori unless you would like to receive a 2 page letter telling you what a horrible person you are afterwards!

Sent on 10/19/2010

Lori's DJ Service's reply:

As shown on this person's profile, her wedding date was in 8-15-1978. We started our services in June 1985, therefore, we could not have serviced this person at all. Not sure what this is about and why, but can only say this review to be untruthful and unfounded. Best wishes, anyhow :)