Lori Makabe Photography Reviews

40 | Rio Vista, CA

40 Reviews for Lori Makabe Photography

Kelsey · Married on 07/07/2017

From the moment we met Lori, she was so inviting. She made us feel like we were a part of her family, which made everything comfortable. We had fun and she made us feel relaxed when we were taking our photos. We love Lori so much we even asked her to do our engagement photos as well!

Amy · Married on 10/29/2016

Lori is so professional and so nice. She made our day so special. I 100% recommend her.

Amy · Married on 10/29/2016

Lori is amazing. My pictures turned out fantastic !

Salwa · Married on 06/18/2016

Pleasure to work with and great photos.

Michelle · Married on 05/24/2015

Lori was amazing to work with! My husband and I set up an appointment to meet with her at a place close to our home. As soon as we saw samples of her work, we knew we wanted her as our photographer for our wedding. She was flexible with our hectic schedules to book an engagement photo shoot. She had lots of excellent ideas for poses and lighting. The day of the wedding, she and Rich (other photographer) were amazing!!!! They were so kind and did all the photos on our "must have" list. We got lots of compliments from our guests saying that the photographers did a great job of not "getting in the way" to get that special shot. They took so many wonderful pictures that it was difficult to narrow it down for our wedding album. Our wedding album is beautiful. Lori spent a good amount of time on our album and we were thrilled with the end product! I don't remember the exact price we paid but I remember it was very reasonable. When you book with Lori, you will get TWO photographers for the day! They do a wonderful job and are very creative! My husband and I would highly recommend using Lori Makabe as you wedding photographer.

Lori and her other photographer are true professionals. Responsive, patient, joyful and she was so helpful in planning some of my wedding activities i.e. sourced for transportation/ carriage companies around Sacramento area. I found this really amazing as this wasn't within her jurisdiction. Plus my wedding fell on a Tuesday in October so I got some discounts :-)

Thanks Lori for a job well done. I don't regret using your services and I recommend Lori to any bride that wanna have super classy and top quality wedding photos/ albums.

jasmine · Married on 09/06/2014

Lori and her partner were amazing from the moment we met. She Did our engagement photos that turned out amazing. She made us feel very comfortable considering me and my husband are pretty shy. I was very happy with them. As for the wedding day it was the best experience I've had with photographers (I've been a bridesmaid 4 times so I know). Lori was with us the bridal party and her partner was with the groom and his party. We got so many amazing shots. It was awesome having two photographers. We got different angles and literally every picture I wanted they made time for. She even printed up all the "Must have shots." Loved that because I would have probably forgotten a couple because the day was so crazy. Looking at the pics literally 9 after the wedding (really fast) was so fun for my friends and family and especially us. I would recommend them to all my friends and family and really anyone getting married. You will not be disappointed.

Stacie · Married on 09/05/2014

Lori and her assistant photographer were excellent to work with. She captured our wedding beautifully and is an absolute pleasure to work with. I highly recommend her for any special event!

Lori is an amazing photographer and easy to work with. Her assistance Rich is just as, pleasant and easy going like Lori. My guests had a wonderful time with my photographers and enjoyed their company.

Do not hesitate to contact Lori she is laid back, fun, and flexible to work with.Her service is spectacular and knows what she is doing. Her and Rich's professionalism exceeded my expectations. I could not have been happier with my choice and would not consider another photographer or assistant.

There is a reason why Lori has 5 stars because she is the best of the best. And Rich her assistant is amazing, as well. Can't wait to see the pictures and enjoy beautiful memories of my day.

Lacie · Married on 06/22/2014

Lori is an amazing photographer and you can tell she loves what she does. She gets excited about capturing your moments and can't wait you show you the results! The photos she took were amazing! I love them and am very happy with my choice in her. Many of my friends have commented on how amazing my wedding photos to which I give all the credit to Lori.

Lori was amazing!! I couldn't have picked a better photographer. Our pictures are BEAUTIFUL and something my husband and I will cherish forever! She has a great eye, is so responsive to any need you have and genuinely cares about each one of we brides. Thank you Lori for the amazing photos! :)

Stephanie · Married on 12/14/2013

Our wedding photos were beautiful and I still can't stop looking at them.

Lori was fantastic. She did our Engagement shoot in Baja and we were so happy, we couldn't wait for the wedding pix. She really did an amazing job. She's a lot of fun to work with and a great photographer. She responds via email faster than anyone I've ever met! Our photos were ready before we even got back from the honeymoon! She is amazing. You'll love her as much as we do!
    Thanks Lori!!!

Katherine · Married on 05/18/2013

Lori was so much fun to work with! Our engagement session was in San Francisco which was our choice, but she's really up for anything and was open to any ideas, suggestions you had. If you weren't really sure (like I was), she also makes great recommendations for shots, poses, locations, etc. She even invited us to do our shoot in Baja where she goes to visit every winter if we wanted to!! I think what we fell in love w/ the most was her personality, a very happy person and so laid back. It was definitely a pleasure working with her. On the day of our wedding, we had her and her partner Rich. He's just as great, and very funny!! When we finally got our photos it was so hard to pick which ones were our favorites because every shot captured something different, and every shot was just so beautiful. If you're looking for a GREAT photographer, I would definitely recoommend Lori Makabe photography!!!

Kirsten · Married on 05/02/2013

Lori did a great job on the photos! Light was perfect and she got all the shots that I asked for.

Chris · Married on 04/13/2013

When planning a wedding, there are so many decisions to be made, and making these decisions can be stressful. Luckily for us, choosing our photographer was not one of these stressful decisions.

Lori Makabe (along with her assistant Rich) photographed our wedding last April at Oak Farm Vineyards in Lodi, CA. When we first met with Lori, we immediately connected with her personality. She was clearly very fun AND professional. Looking through her photo albums and spending some time asking questions sealed the deal - we wanted to work with her!

We coordinated all the group pictures we wanted beforehand and gave the list to Lori. When the day came, she was very patient with us as it was often difficult to get together different groups of people for pictures. This was just one example of her flexibility and willingness to work with us to ensure all our needs were met.

To call Lori and Rich amazing photographers would be a vast understatement. They are picture-taking machines (they stayed the ENTIRE DAY) with great attention to detail and an unmatched ability to capture authentic moments in beautiful clarity.

While we were very impressed with their stamina to stick out the entire wedding day taking pictures, the real test came when all the pictures were developed and ready for us. We were once again AMAZED at the quality. An example of this is the sunset pictures we took in front of the vineyard. We were wondering at the time if the images would capture the beauty of the moment. Sure enough, Lori and Rich nailed it - the mood, the coloring, it was all PERFECT!

If you are in the central valley and looking for a photographer for engagement, wedding, or any other professional pictures, we HIGHLY recommend Lori Makabe. You will NOT be disappointed!

Jennifer · Married on 12/29/2012

Lori,
    Thank you so much for the amazing pictures you took of our wedding. We had so much fun viewing them. We really enjoyed having you as our photographer on our special day. You and Asa were amazing!

Once again THANK YOU!
    Jennifer and Ozzy

Maegan · Married on 11/20/2012

Lori did a great job with our wedding! I would highly recommend her! She was the only vendor that did right that day!

Kate · Married on 10/13/2012

My husband does not like taking a lot of pictures and Lori did our engagement and wedding photos, she makes it fun and so comfortable! She got him smiling and he actually had fun taking pictures! Lori has an energy that is contagious and you can tell how much she enjoys her work. Our wedding photos are beautiful and she stayed all night and got great photos of everyone. I would highly recommend Lori, even now that the photos are done she's making a photo album for us that I know will be great, and she really works with you so you get exactly what you want. Lori is fantastic!!

Marirose · Married on 09/29/2012

WE LOVED LORI MAKABE! SHE IS TALENTED AND FUN!!! I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER! WE LOVED HER WORK AND PERSONALITY SO MUCH, WE USED HER FOR OUR ENGAGEMENT AND WEDDING. SHE IS FLEXIBLE, DEPENDABLE, REASONABLE AND WE JUST SIMPLY LIKED HER AS A PERSON. SHE TRULY HAS A GIFT! I HAD COUNTLESS GUESTS AT MY WEDDING ASK WHO SHE WAS BECAUSE THEY WERE THAT IMPRESSED WITH HER PHOTOGRAPHY.

Claire · Married on 07/21/2012

Lori was wonderful to work with! She set up time to meet with us before the wedding to discuss what we wanted. On the day of the wedding she was very professional and very fun to work with! We couldn't be happier with our experience with Lori and we couldn't be happier with all of our wonderful wedding photos!

Rose · Married on 02/12/2012

Lori Makabe was an ideal photographer capturing the many expressions of the day. She managed to be everywhere, and anywhere the action was and yet, never called attention to herself. Lori just popped around from behind the scenes thta I hardly noticed I was being photographed.
    Lori's photo quality is artistic with a clear story behind every shot. She has a gift of shooting the focus of the moment with including the background to enhance the photo.
    I am most grateful to have had Lori recommended to me and in turn, I will be advising my friends and family to consider Lori as their photographer for their most precious moments.

Robert · Married on 02/12/2012

Lori Makabe came to us highly recommended by a mutual friend but one look at her portfolio and 10 minutes into our first discussion with her and we knew she was the perfect person to record our wedding.

It was a good call. We have a disc filled with magnificent images (and a few which show graphically what a horrible dancer I am!). We'll keep coming back to these for the rest of our lives. I'll be honest, we were shocked at how good we looked in a lot of her photos. There are plenty that look magazine-cover ready.

The thing I can't figure out is, how was Lori in some many places to capture so many images? She moves so quietly and unobtrussively, you are barely aware that she is there.

During the staged shots Lori relays directions in a calm, professional and engaging tone. You want to please her! Even better, she is open to suggestions from the wedding party. In other words, it very much feels like an indie film collaboration between director and cast.

And finally, I don't know how often you can say this, but after "hanging out" with Lori for several days we consider her a friend. We know that we will see her around, either up in Northern California or in her second home toen Los Barriles, Baja.

Nikki · Married on 11/05/2011

Lori does an absolutely amazing job and she is so easy to work with!! I would recommend her to any bride.

• Crystal

Crystal · Married on 06/11/2011

I can't even put into words how absolutely amazing Lori is! She photographed our wedding this summer and I was completely thrilled with her work! On our wedding day she when above and beyond what I would have expected from a photographer, arriving early and staying until the very end. She was highly professional and fun and easy to work with, with a great eye for detail. My husband and I are not very comfortable in front of a camera and she made it so fun and creative and got so many fabulous shots. She was super on top of things, answered emails and phone calls promptly and had our wedding pictures posted by the time we returned from our honeymoon! Future brides (or anyone else looking for a photographer) look no further! If I could rate her 10 stars out of 5 I would!