Lora Reehling Photography Reviews

Lora Reehling Photography 6
Lora Reehling Photography 7
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 11/15/2018

We loved Lora’s technique and her flexibility with our timeline.

Lora was super flexible and innovative, which worked wonderfully for our elopement! We selected Lora because of her natural flow of the photos. She told our story through her technique. We highly recommend her and have already referred her to a couple of our friends.

Sent on 12/23/2018
  • Donghuan

Donghuan · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing Day

Lora is an awesome photographer. I am truly a fan of her work. She has unique eyes capturing authentic moments of people's expressions or gestures. Love the bright and warm colors that she uses. Love the portrait pictures she takes and the use of light to her advantage. Lora is very professional and responsive with follow-ups. She is very passionate and will go above and beyond when it comes to taking great shots. She helped us with our wedding day schedule and provided useful advice regarding the flow of the day. She and her second photographer did a great job on our wedding day. When I showed our pictures to family and friends, they all said the pictures looked great and some even asked for her contact info.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Leeann · Married on 09/01/2018

Lora did SUCH an incredible job with our wedding photos and we can't thank her enough. We are in awe at the pictures! She made us feel so comfortable and we had SO much fun just hanging out with her all day (and Cardi B, who made our car ride between shots extra bumpin'). We so appreciate her going with the flow of our attempt at following a timeline (oops!) and the lengths she was willing to go to get the perfect shot. Lora, thank you a million times! You made our wedding so special. Thanks for being so awesome and so down with the camping spirit!

Sent on 10/11/2018
    Lora Reehling Photography 14
    Lora Reehling Photography 15

Maisy · Married on 05/12/2018

Amazing person, Amazing photography

Lora has an incredible ability to capture energy, emotion, color, and stunning compositions in her photographs. She captures both the big and small moments with incredible artistry. We truly treasure our wedding photos. She was wonderful to work with for our wedding: clear, communicative, professional, energetic and fun! I cannot recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 02/07/2019
    Lora Reehling Photography 16

Sean · Married on 10/28/2017

Lora will feel like so much more than a photographer at your wedding, she will become your friend. She genuinely cares about getting the best out of everyone she works with. She will get you to laugh, bring out your brightest smile and forget about any stress/anxiety you may have on your wedding day.

I was so impressed by Lora’s work that before even sitting down to meet her for the first time. I couldn’t wait to see her work for mine and my wife’s wedding day. She is easy to communicate with, she is thorough at coordinating what kind of photos the bride / groom want on their wedding day and makes it happen.

If I can give anyone reading this review any advice it is to stop looking and hire Lora. Look at her work, it speaks for itself. Your wedding photos last a lifetime, don’t take any short cuts. She has a personality that lights up the sky and is simply an amazing individual, can’t recommend her enough.

Sent on 12/30/2017

Katie · Married on 10/07/2017

Lora was just fantastic in every way! I've now seen her work at two weddings (my sister's and mine) and I can say she truly brings an incredible amount of energy and thoughtfulness to her work 100% of the time. She will literally climb on the furniture, lie down on the the street (safely!), jump around, anything it takes to get the perfect shot. Even our DJ commented he had never seen a wedding photographer with so much energy. She is also very careful and thoughtful in her work and you can see how this pays off in the final shots!

Lora was very easy to work with throughout the whole process. She was very accommodating and easy to communicate with and really took the time to get to know us and what we wanted. She is also great at helping you to put together your day-of schedule and keeping you on time, which is very challenging! I highly recommend Lora to everyone!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Abby · Married on 09/16/2017

Lora was like having your best friend by your side all day to document one of the most important and fun days of your life!! Looking back at the photos she captured every moment so we can re-live that day forever. She even shot candids of guests and was able to tell who was extra important without us even telling her. She was extremely organized yet laid back and allowed the day to unfold. Working with her was fun and easy and I felt comfortable opening up and letting her in on the intimate details and private moments. I am so happy to have had her included in on our day!

Sent on 11/18/2017

Amelia · Married on 07/29/2017

Lora is amazing!! We hired her to do photography for our wedding at the Madison Hotel in Morristown, NJ and we could not have been happier with our decision. She is also doing the wedding photography for my sister's wedding in Philadelphia in a few months, and I know she'll do a fabulous job then as well!

Lora is extremely professional and easy to work with, plus she made our entire wedding photography experience a ton of fun. She has so much positive energy and spent the whole time making sure we got the best possible photos. Based on our wedding location and the size of our wedding party she recommended that we get a photography package that included another photographer besides her, but she was never pushy about this and allowed us to make our own decision. We did end up asking her to bring a second photographer with her, and this turned out to be the right choice. Our second photographer was also fantastic and he and Lora worked really well together.

Lora was very responsive to emails and phone calls before and after the big day, answered all our questions quickly, and worked with us to make sure our wedding photography package was perfect for our needs. We would 100% recommend Lora to anyone looking for an incredible wedding photographer!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/22/2017

Lora Lora Lora!

The way you made me feel from the moment I contacted you has been nothing short of amazing! You have been extremely thoughtful, caring and uplifting. Your energy is through the roof and we absolutely love that about you! Thank you for your words of advice and encouragement you shared during and after our engagement shoot last year. It has been an honor to have you as our photographer and friend! You are an amazing person inside and out! Not only did you make our wedding day memorable with your amazing shots, but my guests absolutely loved you! You stayed active the entire time and everyone, including me, could tell you were having so much fun! Thank you so much Lora for everything! I cannot wait to work with you again or just hang out someday! Your assistant was also amazing! You ladies did an awesome job and most importantly, you looked great doing it! You both were nicknamed by our guests "fairies, flying squirrels, magicians and acrobats" for how quickly you got around! I absolutely loved it!! You my friend, have a gift that is not too often seen in this world today which is evident in all of your being! You will always have a special place in our hearts. Thank you for always being you! :-)

Sent on 10/04/2017

Katie · Married on 04/01/2017

We hired Lora Reehling for our April 2017 wedding in Philadelphia and she truly exceeded our expectations. From the beginning, Lora was incredibly easy to speak with and responded to our communication almost immediately, whether by phone, text, or email. We were planning our wedding out of state and Lora adjusted her schedule to accommodate ours on the few occasions we flew into town. Lora's expertise was evident from the moment we began our correspondence. She scouted the neighborhood around our venue for opportunities, gently steered us away from some of our bad ideas, and showed a warm, genuine interest in making our day a special one. Lora reviewed timelines with us and was proactive in discussions with our other vendors leading up to our date to ensure everyone was in sync. We also want to acknowledge Lora's 2nd photographer Annie who worked seamlessly with Lora on the day of the wedding and assisted in Lora's production until the end of the reception. Annie also did an excellent job shooting the groom as he prepared with his family and friends. By the end of the reception we were asked countless times how we came to be friends with Lora which speaks to her kindness and outgoing nature. Lastly, Lora delivered our incredible photos on time and as promised. She captured the entire event with both creative and classic perspectives. She even managed to capture the bride's father smiling, which is a small miracle! We can't say enough how much we appreciated Lora's passion and professionalism - she was a big and memorable part of our day and experience. Her beautiful pictures continue to delight us each time we look through them.

PS - Lora also killed it on the dance floor at the reception. Nice moves, Lora!

Sent on 06/15/2017

Meg · Married on 01/14/2017

My Husband and I got married in January and Lora helped to make our day perfect. From the very beginning, she was incredibly helpful and kind and made us even more excited for the day. We planned the wedding in a short amount of time and it was semi nontraditional but Lora worked with us to fit our schedule for the day and meet all of our expectations. Our pictures are absolutely incredible and the entire experience was one of the best in my life. Lora makes you feel completely comfortable and her energy is contagious. I am so happy that we met Lora and so thankful her, she truly made our day special and I can't thank her enough for that.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Colette · Married on 11/18/2016

Lora Reehling is incredible. From the second I contacted her about the photos up to the preview photos (anxiously awaiting to see them allllllll) she was a part of my wedding and I wouldn't have had it any other way. You don't know until the big day how important your photographer is, not just the photos- but their presence. Your photographer is with you all day and having someone you love to be around makes the day even more special. Lora made my day fun and easy. She is organized, energetic, positive, patient, helpful, funny, creative, and exciting to be around. Her personality was contagious, all my family and friends loved her. She felt like such a part of my day, which meant a lot. She made my husband and I feel so comfortable. She is one of the most sincere people I have ever met- which is huge with trusting and feeling confident during photos... ESPECIALLY on your wedding day. I have already screamed her name from the roof tops to any and everyone I know who is looking for any sort of photos. I am so lucky to have been introduced to her work from a friend of a friend. Lora was an absolute joy to work with, and she really truly made me feel so special. Her photography is so personal and she takes so much time to get to know you and what you are imagining for your photos. She really listens and more importantly- delivers! I've only seen two photos so far, and I am floored. My heart might burst when I see the entire day's photos. She captured the love in our eyes and the beauty of our day. I am so grateful to have had Lora with us, she was such an important part of this day, and I will always appreciate how hard she and her team worked to make it as amazing and fun as it was! She really does it all and runs your day like a boss, so you can just float around on magic love clouds. I won't ever be able to thank her enough!!!!!!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Christine · Married on 11/05/2016

Lora is excellent!! We had a wonderful engagement session and an excellent wedding day experience! She is fun, energetic, spontaneous, and my family, friends, and guests loved Lora and her team. I felt very comfortable and relaxed and knew that Lora would capture beautiful pictures for my husband and I to treasure for years to come. We highly recommend Lora and her team and she will do an absolutely wonderful job capturing your special day!!!

Sent on 11/18/2016

Erin · Married on 10/01/2016

Hiring Lora as your wedding photographer is like hiring your best friend to take your pictures. She's super fun to be around, has the BEST ideas for photos, and makes you feel so comfortable and confident! We hired her for both our engagement shoot and wedding day. Both sets of photos turned out better than we could have imagined! She was open to our own ideas for photos and also had a TON of really beautiful ideas herself. The weather on our wedding day wasn't the greatest. But even though it was overcast and dreary, Lora was able to take BEAUTIFUL photos. She even offered me her coat when we got stuck out in the rain, which just goes to show how genuinely nice of a person she is! She took one photo of my husband and I in the rain, which turned out so amazing that many people have told us it's one of the most beautiful pictures they've ever seen! Out of all of the decisions you have to make while planning a wedding, I'd say hiring Lora was one of the best decisions we made. She's an incredible photographer and all around amazing person!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Annie · Married on 08/06/2016

Lora Reehling is one of the coolest, sweetest, most loving people that I know. When I was first getting started in wedding photography, I had the absolute privilege of assisting Lora. She is a very talented photographer, obviously. But its everything else she does that makes her truly one of a kind. She is an organizer, a dress holder, a pep talker, a drunk bridal party corall-er, a confidence booster, hand holder, hugger, joke teller, butt kicker and whatever else a bride may need. She has an infectiously positive personality, and she runs a wedding day like a boss. Being a good photographer is not enough to be a good wedding photographer. You have to be all these other things and more. Through my experience with Lora, I learned how to confidently run a wedding day, taking gorgeous images and keeping everyone happy. I really, truly owe my confidence and fearlessness to Lora's example. We have shot over 20 weddings together and become lifelong friends. She would be a great mentor for anyone, and I can't wait till she starts teaching workshops one day! #amazeballs

Sent on 09/01/2016

Rebecca · Married on 05/07/2016

Lora is AMAZING!! We are literally obsessed with her and she did an unbelievable job with both our engagement shoot and our wedding photos! We just got married 10 days ago and she is already sending us incredible shots:) Most importantly, Lora made us feel comfortable being ourselves throughout the entire process and captured some of those unexpected and in-the-moment shots that we will treasure for ever. She was right in the thick of the action during our entire wedding and made everyone around her feel at ease. We cannot say enough good things about her and would recommend her to absolutely anyone! She is spunky, thoughtful, and creative. We are so grateful that she was there for our special day.

Sent on 05/18/2016

Tappany · Married on 05/06/2016

OMG!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm just taking a break from honeymooning to say THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING. Thank you for standing in the rain, thank you for trekking around in the mud, thank you for loaning me your raincoat (which I have and will return to you) thank you for being the best damn photographer we could have asked for!! Not only did we LOVE having you there to shoot our wedding, but we simply loved having you there. Tom also spoke very highly of Annie, talking about some photos that she took which were really cool, off the beaten path, and artistic. We couldn't have asked for someone better to capture the most beautiful day of our lives. Let's hang out ASAP!!

Lovelovelove

Sent on 05/11/2016

Charlotte · Married on 04/23/2016

This review is long overdue but booking Lora was hands down THE BEST decision we made for our wedding day, period. Photography was very important to me and my fiance so we must have talked with 8 or 9 photographers before meeting Lora. We both knew within 5 minutes of our first meeting that she was the perfect choice. She is incredibly friendly and easy to talk to, but at the same time is extremely professional and you can clearly tell she takes a lot of pride in her work. We decided to do an engagement shoot as well which was a total blast, Lora is so fun and passionate about getting the best shot that it totally put us at ease in front of the camera. On our wedding day it was like having a friend by our side, so many guest commented on how sweet was! Lora came up with so many creative shots and when I saw our photographs my only thought was WOW!! I'm sooooooo thrilled with Lora's work from start to finish and I can't recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 07/11/2016

Melissa · Married on 11/14/2015

Lora was such a fun and energetic person to be around. I planned our wedding pretty much alone and was super overwhelmed with all the details and organizing of the actual day. We chose to get married on a fall evening (8pm start) and needed a photographer who was able to take great night shots. Lora did not disappoint! I absolutely love love love our photos! She helped me coordinate so much and did her best to keep us on track on our day ALL the while taking great shots! I don't know how she does it but I am so lucky to have found her.

Sent on 01/04/2017

Lora is the best! She really captured the joy, support, and love we felt at our wedding. She is so much fun to work with. I feel like I relive our wedding each time at look at her photos!

Sent on 12/21/2015

The pictures that Lora took for our wedding are absolutely stunning! We received 1,000 perfect, amazing, artistic photo's that captured our entire day, from beginning to end. Lora went to extremes to get the perfect shot.... Including standing on the top of a ladder to get a picture of all 175 guests together! She got the most challenging toddler to
    Smile, shot the most intimate moments without being in the way, and kept her energy going until the last song on the dance floor. The finished package was organized, professional, easy to
    Order prints, and brought only rave reviews from anyone that saw the pictures! We highly recommend Lora for any style of wedding... Conventional, unconventional, destination, she is up for the challenge. You will have a lifetime of perfect memories.

Sent on 12/26/2015

Megan · Married on 09/05/2015

You did such an amazing job on our wedding day words can't thank you enough. The minute we had our Skype call with you in January I knew we found THE PHOTOGRAPHER who would capture all our memories for us to share with family and friends for years to come. You & the team went OVER and beyond to make our wedding day the party of the decade! The amount of texts, emails, phone calls, & stories of You, Annie, & Dan that are being shared with Brenden (in the VERY short time we've been home mind you) is EXACTLY what Brenden and I hoped for when asking you to join our team to create this event. ( our wedding day) :) Lora, you gave me personally everything I needed, expected, & wanted to capture. I couldn't be more pleased with ALL you did to go over & beyond to capture us in the moment......Even if it meant running to catch the Spirit of Philly to grab the twilight shot, slipping an extra few bucks to the boat basin group to grab our water shots, biking all over center city the day before to scope out the red wall for our bridal party 'fun shot', knowing which skee ball to use at Spruce Park, swinging from the rafters to take the crowd surfing shot ( which I still can't figure out how that happened), staying to grab the Moshulu & Sparklers.... I can go on for hours & have with Brenden, trust me! Thank You Lora! Thank You for coming on board and being a HUGE part of our wedding day! The planning, scheduling, managing, phone calls, over planning, which in the end I think made the day easier then expected, was more then I could of hopped for! I wish every bride could experience what we had on the gorgeous day in September. You allowed myself & Brenden to enjoy every moment. You handled the crowd with such ease and direction it left people amazed at how calm things moved along & confused at how I could let go of that much control to truly enjoy myself. It was because of you Lora & I am truly grateful for EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Sent on 10/05/2015

tai · Married on 08/07/2015

Lora is an unbelievable photographer! My husband and I chose to work with her for our wedding because we were so impressed with her photography from a friend's wedding. She was literally my first call once we were engaged!

I loved her attention to detail and lighting, but also how she captured the story of our celebration in photographs. Lora is amazing because her personality is as wonderful as her work. At both my friend's wedding and ours, it felt like she was a part of the celebration.

My husband and I had a private and casual ceremony, then a BBQ with family and friends. We really appreciated her help in planning a non-traditional event. It truly felt like she was a bit of a bridesmaid! She was very knowledgeable and helped us organize both days. She's incredibly enthusiastic and genuine in her excitement about her profession. I was ultimately so impressed by her ability to be assertive in helping us get the photographs we wanted, but somehow remain completely unobtrusive.

I had multiple friends and family approach me at our BBQ and request her contact information, or compliment us on what a great photographer/person she was. I highly recommend her for any event you are planning. You will be thankful you chose her!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Lisa · Married on 06/26/2015

My husband and I decided to elope. It was a special occasion that we wanted to be private, but we also wanted to share it with our friends and family.

I told Lora about our plans, and she helped us create a really special day and captured it beautifully! Her enthusiasm is unparalleled. She immediately shared our excitement. She contacted me to talk about vision--sharing her ideas, asking me mine, and letting me know that my (then future) husband and I were in charge--any suggestions she made we could take or leave--she wanted us to do what we wanted. I felt no pressure. Also, I had almost no vision of my own--I just wanted to capture beautiful photos of the two of us. Her ideas were welcomed and I loved them!

We had ample time to talk about what we did and didn't want, and when it came to the day of our elopement shoot, we felt like Lora went above and beyond. She was prepared, energized, and fully ready to devote herself to the task at hand. She was a pro at making us feel comfortable--I tend to freeze up when in front of a lens--and she knew exactly when to give gentle and clear directions. Her creative spirit never stops, and she's always present in the moment. Lora's a professional and she's adaptable, making adjustments as needing and scanning the environment to catch a potential shot that couldn't have been planned but shouldn't be missed.

The experience was great, and the product was incredible! The photos are stunning. The light, the color, everything was fantastic. A colleague emailed after seeing our photos and said they are "the most joyful wedding photos" they've ever seen. The emotions and the importance of the day were captured, all while we were able to feel like our own authentic selves.

Sent on 07/20/2015