Loose Mansion Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Stephanie
    Stephanie A. Married on 10/27/2021

Loose Mansion Can't Be Beat

We couldn’t have been more pleased with Loose Mansion and their staff. Abby was wonderful to work with all the way through. She was kind, responsive, helpful, flexible and 100% about walking alongside Adrienne, making her wedding the most special day ever. Of course the venue is gorgeous and then it was made even more so with the flowers that our florist was allowed to bring in. The food was delicious (more red sauce on the cannelloni, please) and plentiful. From initial planning to clean up, the Loose staff was fabulous and we wouldn’t hesitate to give them the highest rating possible!
    Mckenzie R. Married on 10/24/2021

Stress free, elegant and classic

Our wedding this past weekend was better than I envisioned. As an out of state bride, this venue and the Loose Mansion team made everything go so smoothly. They are prepared for it all, and they made me feel so confident that my day would be special. It was really important for me to choose a place that had a place for me to get ready on sight, where I could have the reception and ceremony in the same venue and they made the food! I didn't have to think about bringing in caterers or decor - seriously stress-free. They accommodated all of my requests, including having the bartenders craft a speciality cocktail created by my sister. We couldn't do photos outside because of the weather and the team effortlessly helped us change plans to do them inside. The guests were so happy, it was such a convenient location from the plaza. I would recommend this venue and their team to any Kansas City bride and/or groom.
  • Shannon
    Shannon T. Married on 09/30/2021

Loose Mansion was perfect and flexible

Loose Mansion helped us plan everything, and they were professional and flexible. It meant the world to us, especially during these times. We had a perfect, stress-free day, largely in part to their phenomenal staff. The in-house baker and photographer are amazing people! (Everyone there is.) They responded to our questions quickly, and helped out so much. I cannot thank them enough for the perfect memories we will hold onto forever.
  • Joyce
    Joyce C. Married on 09/24/2021

Outstanding success in working with Loose Mansion!

My daughter & her husband had planned to have their wedding reception at Loose Mansion in May of '20. That date was postponed not once but two times due to the pandemic. However, Loose Mansion was incredibly understanding & cooperative to work with regarding these changes. The reception in Sept of '21 was a great success! All details were handled by Loose Mansion (both Abby & Abbey were fantastic event planners!) seamlessly. The food (appetizers & dinner) was delicious, the bar was free-flowing and the wait staff was top notch! As mother of the bride, it was such a relief to me that this venue was all inclusive. The staff handled all of the decor & clean up, thereby allowing me to enjoy the day. The table decor available was so lovely that the need to purchase additional flowers for the tables was eliminated. Our guests loved it .... my daughter & her husband loved it ... and so did I. I enthusiastically endorse Loose Mansion!
  • Mary
    Mary B. Married on 09/03/2021

We highly recommend Loose Mansion!

Loose Mansion was the only wedding venue my husband and I toured because we knew that was the only place we wanted to get married from the second we stepped in the door. The ambiance is unmatched and the natural decor (especially the fireplaces, mahogany grand staircase, and chandeliers) is absolutely stunning. The Loose Mansion staff does an outstanding job of making you feel like your event is the only one they are coordinating, although we all know that’s not the case. It didn’t matter if I was communicating with Abby, Abbey, Barb, or Karen - every response I received was prompt, professional, and overly accommodating. We reached out to Loose Mansion within weeks of our wedding (after we already had a meeting to finalize details) with concerns about the surge in COVID-19 cases in the Kansas City area. They immediately responded with alternative layout suggestions to consider to increase social distancing among guests and were more than willing to make these changes for us in such a short time period. The wedding planning experience was made SO easy thanks to the Loose Mansion staff. Abby was our main point of contact throughout the process and we can not say enough about her caring, thorough, and personable approach to coordinating our event. Our wedding day was everything we had hoped for and so much more! Guests raved about the Oscar-style layout, the amazing hor d'oeuvres (meatballs, flatbreads, spin-art mac & cheese bite), entrees (salmon, beef tenderloin, boursin stuffed chicken breast, vegetable wellington), desserts (cheesecake, chocolate indulgence), and frozen margaritas. Finding a wedding venue that is truly “all in” with every aspect (including planning, decor, and catering) is very rare, but that is exactly what you get with Loose Mansion. We can not emphasize enough our positive and seamless experience with everyone at Loose Mansion and could not have envisioned a more perfect place to host such a special event!
  • Martha
    Martha W. Married on 08/28/2021

100% Perfection

The reception was 100% perfection. The mansion was gorgeous and every little detail was seen to. I simply can’t imagine a more wonderful place for Beckie and Chris to have celebrated their marriage. From the moment we booked Loose, you and your staff were unfailingly responsive, respectful, patient and kind. Every request was met with “sure, we can make that work.” I’ll never forget how you stayed with us during Covid and our need to reschedule. I heard horror stories about other vendors, but you were simply amazing. I will be forever grateful. I also wanted you to know how wonderful the vendors are that you recommended. Every single one of them stayed with us and did not charge us a single extra penny for postponing. They reflected the leadership tone you set, also being unfailing responsive and helpful. I can only imagine how tremendously difficult these last 18 months have been for you. But you never let it show to us. You had our backs every step of the way and it gave us so much confidence that we could still have a special celebration, even in the midst of Covid. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I can't recommend Loose more highly. For those who are wondering about an "all in" vendor, I found this greatly simplified the planning and was probably less expensive than going with separate vendors. Researching, hiring and especially coordinating vendors took the most time in our planning. Having one stop shopping with Loose was wonderful. The mansion itself is also gorgeous with marble, a gorgeous staircase and Tiffany chandeliers. In addition, we didn't spend any money on flowers or decorations because Loose has an entire huge room filled with decorations to choose from. Both Abbys and Barabara were wonderful to work with. We had to postpone the wedding and then faced a big Covid surge right before the re-scheduled event. They kept us up to date on all developments and helped ensure we had an unforgettable event. This place is a gem! Finally, my daughter, her finance and her finance's family all lived in New York. Loose has many ways to communicate across the miles and their inability to be physically present for most of the planning did not create any issues
  • Debbie
    Debbie J. Married on 06/09/2021

Loose Mansion is the perfect venue

Not only is Loose Mansion beautiful, the entire staff was an absolute dream to work with! They responded promptly to all of our questions and had a wonderful plan in place due to the COVID restrictions. It made the whole experience less stressful as they handled everything! We could not have asked for a more perfect day.
    Anna D. Married on 05/23/2021

The Wedding of My Dreams

I truly had a vision for my wedding. I am an older bride and I wanted a venue that was sophisticated, with lots of character, and everything I needed in house. Loose Mansion gave me all that and so much more!

Barbara, Abbey, Abby, and Karen are a fantastic team and they all work together to make your wedding day perfect! They handled every little detail of my wedding and made the planning so easy and the whole process absolutely stress-free. All the staff that I interacted with were kind, professional, and meticulous. I was truly treated like a queen on my wedding day with everyone looking after me and making sure everything went perfect.

I had a very intimate wedding due to Covid. Loose Mansion treated my little wedding of 40 like it was the biggest and only event they were coordinating, which of course was not the case at all. But they really make their brides feel like they matter and that their event is the most important one.

The venue itself is resplendent. The most beautiful place I have ever seen! All the details and character... There is not a bad place in the whole mansion to have a picture taken. It is gorgeous. All the food was excellent, with lots of menu items to choose from. The bar packages are easily customized and very generous. They handle all the decorations, put up and take down... You do not have to worry about a thing.

I would absolutely highly recommend Loose Mansion to any bride. You will not regret it. They helped make my wedding day the best day of my life.
    Caitie B. Married on 04/15/2021

The Loose Mansion is not only beautiful the team is truly amazing.

The Loose Mansion is not only beautiful the team is truly amazing. After postponing our wedding several times due to COVID we decided to have a small ceremony with just our closest family. For ease of travel for my new in-laws we chose Kansas City, a place neither of us had been to, nor would we get to visit before the ceremony. The team at LM helped me plan our ceremony and dinner for 15 from start to finish, including all the details of decor, custom menu, music, etc. They also provided a list of vendors they had worked with in the past (all of which reassured me LM was beautiful since I hadn't seen the place in person yet) and I was able to create all our florals, cake, transportation, photography, hair, and makeup from New York, which the team then helped coordinate on the day of. I really can't recommend the Loose Mansion enough!
    Marisa F. Married on 09/09/2020

Elegance + Professionalism

My husband and I can’t say enough good things about Loose Mansion! It’s an incredibly beautiful place with a fantastic team. With our 90-person guest count, we enjoyed the entire ground floor for the ceremony and reception, basement room for cocktails, and both the bridal and groom suites during the day. Each room is decorated exquisitely and provided the exact elegant atmosphere we hoped to achieve for our wedding day.

Abbey, Charlotte, and Brad are all seasoned professionals whose extensive experience ensured our day moved like clockwork. In the months leading up to our wedding, they responded to my many emails thoroughly and in a timely manner. Our design sessions were efficient, and we appreciated their input when we waffled on decisions. All of this planning, along with their work with our external vendors, led to a smooth wedding day.

As Loose Mansion has a full kitchen staff, we utilized their services for the supper and were incredibly pleased with the delicious food! The beef, chicken, and vegetarian dishes were real crowd-pleasers. We also requested they bake some macaroons to accompany the wedding cake and the last time I had such delicious macaroons was in Paris!

The last point I’d like to make about Loose Mansion is how incredibly convenient it was. Having the ceremony and reception at a single venue ensured we got to spend as much time with our guests as possible, which was particularly important as many guests flew to KC specifically for our wedding. Further, Loose Mansion offers overnight accommodation at their Carriage House which heightened the convenience factor significantly! We wavered on booking the Carriage House for the wedding weekend and during the weekend, itself, were so pleased with our decision!

We would recommend booking Loose Mansion and the corresponding Carriage House to everyone!
    Alison C. Married on 09/28/2019

Best Decision We Made! (Other Than Getting Married)

GOSH! When trying to review such an amazing venue, I am honestly at a loss for words. Loose Mansion left us completely speechless in the best way. This old, romantic, historic home and LM's staff can truly create the event of your dreams. It was the best decision my (now) husband and I made during the wedding planning process -- other than marrying each other! HA!

Whether it be elegant and refined feel, or quirky, goofy, and fun feel, LM can do it ALL! The Mansion has the most intimate feel, yet it can accommodate many guests for quite the shindig! PLUS, the mansion has a beautiful love story interwoven through its walls! You can truly feel all the love and history in the home. I just kept telling my husband that it has to be good luck that we are getting married in a home that was built in so much love.

We truly loved the entire planning process. Brad and Charlotte made everything as easy and smooth as they could - while staying completely patient with our fickle decision making. Not very many brides can say the planning was not stressful, but I can confidently tell you that with the LM staff at your side, you will not be stressed! I had tons of family members and friends say "you seem all too calm to be the bride" throughout the planning process and even on the week and day of!

Loose also has the most delicious food with such a wide variety of menu choices. We ended up choosing the plated meal option, and our dinner was plated so beautifully! My mom and I also loved that their beautiful décor was included in their package. We didn't need to make any crazy Hobby Lobby runs for final touches or anything of the sort.

I could go on and on, but what I want to leave the reader with is this: you will not be disappointed. Your wedding will go off without a hitch and both you and your guests will be amazed with how smooth and easy Loose Mansion makes the process. Connor and I joke back and forth that GOSH maybe we should just get divorced so we can do it all over again (Parks & Rec reference)! HA! We are so thankful for this beautiful home and how AT HOME it, and the incredible staff, made us feel
  • Michelle
    Michelle Married on 06/08/2019

All-inclusive

The Loose Mansion was a perfect venue for both out ceremony and reception. They provided the food, décor, and day-of coordination services that made out wedding beautiful, stress-free, and fun! Would recommend to anyone.
    Jesse W. Married on 03/16/2019

Wonderful experience!

They have an amazing venue. The were easy to communicate with from planning to after the event. The food was on point. During the wedding, the staff took care of everything. A++
  • Taylor
    Taylor Married on 03/09/2019

Would book again without hesitation

Loose Mansion is everything we could've wanted in a wedding venue. It brings elegance that is truly timeless, yet has a warm charm that keeps it from being too traditional and stuffy. The staff is amazingly responsive and excellent at anticipating your needs, keeping track of all the important details, and keeping your big day on schedule. Since the venue also functions as the coordinator, caterer, has their own stock of rental chairs/tables/linens, and an entire room of decor for you to peruse and select from, it cuts down on the total number of vendors you need, which means fewer lines of communication to keep track of, and overall less stress. The food is delicious and there is a large selection of dishes to select from. The dressing room spaces are perfectly functional with a formal feeling, yet comfortable enough to try to relax the nerves. There is also a recently remodeled 5bd/2ba carriage house on the property that is a perfect place for family or the bridal party to stay.
    Sorry for no photos- the website wouldn't load them. Trust they are beautiful :)
    Kayla R. Married on 11/10/2018

Absolutely perfect

The team at Loose Mansion made everything as easy and enjoyable as possible. I had both my ceremony and reception there and my only wish is that I could relive the day again. The venue is obviously absolutely gorgeous and their food is great, but the staff's attention to detail, responsiveness and knowledge exceeded every expectation I could have. You cannot go wrong by booking with them!
  • Kelli
    Kelli O. Married on 10/27/2018

Absolutely Amazing!!!

Everyone at Loose Mansion is fabulous to work with. They provide excellent guidance throughout the planning process. All details are managed so that you can enjoy your special day. Additionally, the venue is absolutely amazing with all of its historical features. Loose Mansion is truly a hidden treasure!!!
  • Y
    Yuki Married on 09/02/2018
    The Loose Mansion is amazing both for their beautiful venue and perfect service. I cannot spot a single negative thing about their hospitality. I worked in hospitality industry for long and I have never been so satisfied with my experience before. Every single one of the staff is friendly and professional, and they would make sure everything is well organized so I never had to worry or feel stressed about anything. My now-husband and I had a last-minute trouble with guest count but they were so kind and quick to respond to us and took care of everything perfectly. I honestly had the best experience and am so happy I chose them as our wedding venue. I am a foodie myself and I just want to say I loved all their food too, from appetizers to plated dinner. After the wedding, I had so many of our guests come up and comment on how wonderful the place is in terms of both their service and the Mansion's beautiful outlook. If you are looking for a beautiful, classic wedding at a historic Mansion with amazing staff to work with, the Loose Mansion is definitely the one.
    Cory Married on 06/09/2018
    Loose Mansion was amazing to work with! I didn't have to stress out about my wedding at all. They take care of all the 'day of' things and make sure the ceremony and reception flow together seamlessly. The food and drinks were amazing, no one left hungry or thirsty. We were getting compliments all night from our guests about how good the food was, the beautiful venue and the perfectly orchestrated evening. I have been told our wedding was elegant but at the same time relaxed, which makes me happy knowing our guests enjoyed themselves. Also, because the mansion was so beautiful on its own we really didn't need to purchase decorations or tons of floral. My wedding was absolutely perfect and Loose Mansion was a big part of that. I HIGHLY recommend them!
    Andrea Married on 05/27/2018
    Perfection! We envisioned an intimate and elegant wedding and Loose Mansion was the perfect choice to complete this dream! We stayed at the Carriage House and highly recommend including this in your celebration.
    Carly Married on 05/25/2018
    If you want a beautiful wedding without the stress of planning every little detail, Loose Mansion is your venue! The staff at LM takes care of literally everything. My husband and I got married a month ago, and we still aren't sure how they were able to make everything run so smoothly. I can assure you that you can't go wrong putting one of the most important days of your life into the hands of Brad and the rest of the staff. The entire planning process and day of went off without a hitch. The mansion is beautiful, the food is fantastic, and the staff is so helpful. I can't say enough about how stress-free LM made our wedding. We are still having people comment on how wonderful the evening was.
    Kaylyn Married on 04/14/2018
    Beautiful venue, super helpful staff, and incredible food. Highly recommended for anyone who doesn’t want to spend the weeks leading up to their wedding putting together centerpieces and buying decorations. It’s all included in the cost here and they have a TON to choose from, so it still feels personal. The catering menu is huge too, so it shouldn’t be hard to find food you like.
    Valerie Married on 03/31/2018
    Wow! What a fabulous experience we just had with our wedding ceremony and reception at Loose Mansion.

The bride and groom were totally taken with the beauty and timeless elegance of the venue and felt it would offer not only a beautiful location for their ceremony, but such a fun and unique environment for their reception.

Abbey, their sales manager, always responded promptly as we booked the venue and set the date. The wedding date was the last weekend in March. The venue offers wonderful rates for the first quarter of any year and I was able to take advantage of these.

Brad, their wedding coordinator, was our “go to” guy. He was AWESOME!! We reserved the entire mansion for our event (about 200 guests) using all four floors for a variety of purposes—ceremony, small bites and drinks following the ceremony, dinner, and dancing. I was wondering if this might end up being confusing or chaotic, but Brad and his staff are so experienced and organized that all the transitions were totally seamless.

The Mansion made planning so easy. They provide a vendor list, which was especially helpful for choosing a photographer, a florist, and a wedding cake. They offer an evening for the bride and groom to come in and have dinner so that a variety of appetizers and main course choices can be tasted. They don’t miss a thing and there is so much available in-house—table settings, linens, table decorations, room decorations.

The food was fabulous. Their chef is wonderful. Be sure to order the homemade cinnamon rolls as a combination with the dinner rolls. Yummy! They offer a variety of bar packages. We went with the beer and wine package which also includes one frozen choice. A very popular addition.

I cannot rave enough about our experience with Loose Mansion. It was the best event and the easiest event I have ever hosted. Thank you to Barbara (owner), Brad, Abbey, and the Loose Mansion staff for an unforgettable evening!

Jeanice Married on 11/17/2017
    We chose a Sunday ceremony with a brunch reception and could not have been more pleased. From the moment we saw the Mansion we just knew this was the place. The history and vintage feel were exactly what we were looking for. Our guests are still telling us how beautiful everything was. The food was extraordinary!! The team of wait staff and wedding coordination were on top of it the entire time from selection to the last detail at the end of the day! We highly recommend Loose Mansion for any type of event! We also stayed at the Carriage House the night before the ceremony. What a great decision that was. Two story historical building with five bedrooms, two bathrooms, a loft area upstairs, living area with kitchen downstairs... perfect for our family! We can't thank the team enough for helping us make our special day even more amazing than we imagined!!
    Bria Married on 10/28/2017
    We absolutely loved having our wedding at Loose Mansion! The Team at Loose went above and beyond to ensure we had a wonderful, memorable wedding. The venue is breathtaking, and the staff is fabulous! Brad, Britt and Abbey are amazing! The best part is they coordinate the entire event for you so no need for a wedding planner! They truly made our wedding a day we will cherish forever!