Loon Pond Lodge at Ted Williams Camp Reviews

View more information

• lindy
    Lindy Married on 10/11/2019

Great experience

Wedding was 10/11/19 :Staff at loon was amazing they made my day absolutely amazing! huge shout out to Sarah and Nicole and Nicole’s daughter who was the bartender that night thank you for everything especially filming the ceremony for us so my father in law could watch as he was in hospital the day of our wedding. I can not thank you all enough !
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 10/14/2018

Can I please give them more than five stars? Like maybe twelve?

When we originally booked this venue, Mary Beth was the manager. She was unremarkable, but we didn't think much of it. She was able to help us find a caterer and she recommended a day-of coordinator (who we later relieved of her duties so I won’t mention her name here). Sometime last year, Nicole took over as the new venue manager. Do you ever get that feeling where you don't know you're missing something until you find it? Nicole is AMAZING, and she was the missing piece we needed. Last fall, a solid year before our event, I asked Nicole if she happened to be in the office that day because my parents wanted to see the venue. She said she could be there at X time (okay, fine) and then later told me she was running a few minutes late, the ferry got delayed. Wait, what?!? She had come back from Martha's Vineyard just to let us in for a viewing. She simply said, this is important to you and you should be able to do it. My parents and I were floored. And she didn't make it a thing, barely mentioned it. This is Nicole in a nutshell. She is so selfless, thoughtful, and hardworking that no matter what event brings you to the Loon Pond Lodge, you will have a wonderful experience. Fast forward to a few months before our reception, when Nicole stepped in as our day of coordinator because she understood that our vision was less traditional wedding reception, more (as she put it) "choreographed event." She was able to pull all of our ideas and elements together and make them flow into a day that was nothing short of perfection. So many of our guests said that it was the best wedding they had ever been to, and we owe so much of that success to Nicole. We seriously cannot thank her enough.
    Christy Married on 06/03/2017
    We absolutely loved Loon Pond Lodge! It was exactly what what we're looking for. We booked both rooms. We booked the Diamond room from 12-12 so that we had time to drop off the decorations and so that our vendors had time to set up before the ceremony. We also booked the smaller room from 4-6 so that we could have a satellite bar setup for cocktails and have our appetizer stations set up for cocktail hour where our guests were served both inside and out. We had had the whole venue to ourselves! We got married outside in the gazebo that overlooked the pond which made for some stunning photos! I would highly recommend Loon Pond Lodge to anyone, especially bride's on a budget like we were. Everyone loved the venue and how they were able to go in and out all night long to enjoy the outdoors as well. I will will definitely be using them again in the future!
  • User2889337 2+ years ago
    Overall we had a really good experience! Marybeth is very responsive and helpful.
    Kimberly Married on 10/01/2016
    Was married here in October.. beautiful outdoor area for ceremony. It unfortunately rained on my wedding day so we had it inside, and even still it was beautiful. They have twinkle lights up on the wood beams, the lights were dimmed and it was very intimate and romantic. The guests went into the other room for cocktails while the ceremony room transformed back into the reception room. I had a wedding day coordinater who helped out immensely but they also had a young man working and was there to help with everything and he was fantastic! They give you a list of caterers to choose from and I was very happy with my choice as well. Marybeth was great and always responded so quickly! She always had lots of great suggestions as well. The only thing that would have been easier is if the lodge has a floor plan for the place. I drew it up and did my table placements wrong so when i sat down with the caterer we had to change everything but i had already did all the work for seating card placements, so the table numbers were all random. But i dont think anyone noticed and wasn't a big deal in the end. Just my recommendation. Overall i would absolutely recommend loon pond lodge for a wedding! It was cost effective, and just as beautiful as I imagined!
    Nancy Married on 09/21/2019
    wonderful venue. a little more costly than we expected when utilizing all 3 rooms for the day. it's too small to anticipate that another party would be going on at the same time as our wedding. but Nicole was fabulous. lots of helpful ideas. can't wait for the big day
    Kathryn Married on 09/21/2019

Gorgeous venue on a gorgeous day

The venue was great and we couldn’t have asked for such a gorgeous day for our wedding with the weather and colors on the water to even the fine details on the gazebo
    Lynne Married on 05/21/2016
    The venue is really pretty and Marybeth was great to work with. The prices were very reasonable since it's owned by the town.