Look No Further Entertainment Reviews

109 Reviews for Look No Further Entertainment

Look No Further Entertainment 1
Look No Further Entertainment 2

Catherine · Married on 11/10/2012

Ross and Laura are awesome!!! They were professional, quick to respond, and were able to accommodate my every wish! They are also way better than other DJs I have seen at weddings because they are not corny and can feel out a crowd and get everyone dancing even after the party is over. I would recommend them 100%!!!

Sent on 12/10/2012

Melissa · Married on 10/27/2012

Ross did an amazing job!!! We could not be more pleased with his services. From our first meeting to the wedding, he made everything stress free. We are the type that never remembers song names and figured it would have been quite stressful to come up with all the songs for our reception by ourselves. However, Ross made it extremely easy for us with his online music database and online music planner. We simply chose a few songs and he was able to get a feel for what we like and expand from there. He did a great job of keeping our guests on their feet dancing and having a good time. We received numerous compliments on the music. Ross truly did an amazing job and we would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking for a top notch DJ!

Sent on 11/15/2012

Christine · Married on 10/22/2012

I cannot say enough about how awesome it was to work with Ross & Laura! They were professional, helpful, and friendly every step of the way. From the first visit to the last goodbye. When we decided to throw some curveballs at the reception (Mortal Kombat theme, anyone?!) they were thrilled to have the opportunity to try something new! They followed our list of do's and don'ts without losing any of the creativity and flexibility that makes them unique. Great job!!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Grace · Married on 10/20/2012

We hired Ross and Laura for our wedding reception, and we couldn't have been happier with our decision. They were both very easy to work with and made the whole process stress free.

With minimal effort on our part, Ross and Laura were able to understand our vision and convey it throughout the night. They did an excellent job of playing to the audience while staying within our preferences, and appropriately kept our guests engaged all night.

Outside of their professionalism and talent, they're just fun! We're still getting compliments on them a month later.

Sent on 11/19/2012
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/11/2012

Ross and Laura are amazing! Seriously, if you are looking for a DJ for your wedding, book them-now! From the very first meeting, I knew they would be the perfect fit for our wedding. We weren’t looking for a cheesy, over the top production; we simply wanted someone who could mix our musical styles and tastes into something everyone could enjoy. Mission accomplished! Honestly, Ross and Laura made everything so seamless. They are super easy to work with, accommodating and encourage individual expression and creativity. I know that may sound a bit odd, but my husband and I remember thinking “we better pick songs that everybody will enjoy.” While this can certainly be accomplished, they were more interested in what YOU want, not what’s universally popular. That was so important, and they were 100% right. Sure, we mixed in some crowd pleasers but we made sure our own personalities were represented as well. We certainly were not the easiest clients—I mean we are literally Mr. and Mrs. Procrastination. We didn’t finalize our music list until the day before our wedding. Yes, the day before. They never said one word, never pushed us and still fulfilled every selection (including custom requests) we asked for-impressive! I cannot tell you how many compliments we received—and not only on the music, but on Ross and Laura themselves. My mom cannot stop gushing about them. Laura literally stepped into the role of wedding coordinator and was assisting in getting paper towels to wipe mud off my heels, checking on the bridesmaids and ensuring we were on time, and even went so far to try seeking out a band aid when my Mom broke a nail and her finger was bleeding. It’s that “above and beyond” type of service that really impressed me. They didn’t have to do any of that, and yet they did—and they weren’t even asked to. Look No Further was one of the best decisions we made, I would recommend them to anyone. Trust me, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/25/2012

Guillermo · Married on 10/06/2012

Ross and Laura were great to work with. They were easily accessible and very professional/organized. They took our suggestions and requests without difficulty. The set list they put together was exactly what we wanted, and plenty of our guests told us they enjoyed the selections. We especially loved the slide show they put together. Laura did an excellent job helping to MC the event. Overall, we had an excellent experience with Look No Further, and would recommend them without hesitation!

Sent on 11/07/2012

Jacy · Married on 09/22/2012

We couldn't be happier that we chose Look No Further Entertainment for our wedding on September 22, 2012! I was planning an Austin wedding from another city in Texas (which in theory can be nightmare-ish), but this wasn't a problem for Ross and Laura. We tried to organize a meeting to discuss our vision for the music, but my schedule made that pretty impossible. They were so flexible and understanding- Instead, Ross and I had a quick phone conversation to cover all the basics. He seemed to really understand what we were looking for! More than that, LNFE offers online tools to help with coordination and planning. SO simple! Our last name tends to get botched pretty regularly, but before announcing us as husband and wife Laura checked with us on the pronunciation.. thank you for that Laura! All of the dances (first dance, father/daughter, mother/son) ran smoothly too! A friend of ours played acoustic guitar for our ceremony, but Ross and Laura provided a microphone and stand for him and also recorded the whole ceremony. They played cocktail music during our cocktail hour outdoors before moving on to the reception... WOW! We wanted the biggest dance party and we got it! Everyone was out on the dance floor until the last song. Ross played every song we had requested and was able to read the crowd for the rest. He is incredibly talented as a DJ, and we had SO many compliments on the music! Acting as MC, Laura was outgoing and fun without being overbearing! They checked with us before tweaking anything and worked with us throughout the night before making any kind of changes to the original plan. I can't say enough good things about Look No Further Entertainment, and this review doesn't do them justice. They work so well as a team and it's clear that they love what they do. They truly seemed to enjoy themselves all night! You'd be crazy to choose anyone else as your DJ. Thanks for everything Ross and Laura!

Sent on 10/07/2012

Kelley · Married on 09/15/2012

BEST DJ EVER. EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE DJ'S.

Our wedding was September 15, 2012. When I was searching for DJ's I knew I didn't want anything cheesy or weird-- lame guys who make lame/awkward jokes or DJ's who badger your guests to do the cha cha slide on the dance floor. The SECOND I found Look No Further Entertainment, I KNEW this was my DJ. Ross and Laura are NORMAL (and the complete opposite of creepy/cheesy) and LOVE what they do. Great price, and wonderful people. We met with Ross a few weeks before the wedding and with a few suggestions he totally knew our vibe and what kind of music we liked. They both did such a fantastic job, I can't even put it into words. Their name is true-- you won't look any further because they are IT! Plus they record the evening on a CD so you can always have your toasts and the music you played at your wedding. They are professional, know you are their customer and are super nice to work with. If I could give 10 stars, I would.

Sent on 10/08/2012

Amanda · Married on 08/04/2012

I booked Look No Further Entertainment without ever meeting Ross or Laura, simply because they had received such awesome reviews online. After speaking with Ross on the phone, I had complete confidence that he was the right DJ for our wedding, and we quickly signed the contract in order to reserve our date. During the months leading up to our wedding, anytime I called or emailed with a question, Ross was extremely prompt in getting back to me and always happy to explain anything I was confused about. We had a couple of special requests regarding our ceremony music, and Ross did exactly what we were hoping for! The music was perfect and truly added so much to our special day. The reception music was great, too. We gave Ross a list of song requests, and he did an excellent job of mixing our requests with other songs that fit right in with the style we were going for. Our guests loved the variety of music, and people of all ages were up and dancing most of the night! Ross and Laura were fantastic to work with, and I would recommend their services to anyone. We also loved receiving the recording of our ceremony/reception--it's like our own "Best Day Ever" soundtrack. :)

Sent on 09/15/2012
  • Kelli

Kelli · Married on 06/23/2012

Ross and Laura were absolutely amazing! My mom and I met them at the bridal extravaganza and immediately knew we had to have them dj for the wedding. Anytime I had a question they were so quick to respond with an answer! They did both the ceremony and reception music and it was amazing! The night of the wedding and afterwards we got so many compliments on the music. Our guests really appreciated the fact they were able to dance to a variety of genres and music selections. My husband and I had created a small list of songs that we would like to hear at the wedding and from that Ross totally nailed our vision and music taste. They did such a great job of appealing to all ages. They even played my grandparents wedding song (they have been married 64 years) as a surprise to them! It brought tears to the entire crowd and was absolutely amazing to watch them dance to it! I was on the dance floor the entire night and was sad to leave at the end of the night!!! Ross and Laura are such sweet and super nice people. We knew from the beginning we had nothing to worry about with them in charge of music. I would recommend them to anyone wanting to have a great time at their wedding!!! They are fabulous!!

Sent on 07/17/2012

Look No Further Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Kelli! We knew that we were an instant fit with you guys, and I am so happy to hear that you had so much fun!

Brynn · Married on 05/25/2012

Ross and Laura were absolutely wonderful during the whole process. They were extremely helpful when we first contacted them, easy to get ahold of, and perfect the day of our wedding (both dj-ing and coordinating with everyone). They did our ceremony music and it was PERFECT! We had "All You Need Is Love" by the Beatles for the recessional and right afterward, they led into "Electric Feel" by MGMT.. It was awesome and definitely something we will remember forever. We didn't have many requests, but from our list, Ross knew exactly what we liked and picked all the right songs.

We got sooo many compliments and comments on how great the music selection was! I have absolutely no regrets in choosing Look No Further.. the name says it all! :) I would recommend them a thousand times over.

Sent on 06/14/2012

Look No Further Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Brynn! Your group was amazing to perform for, and we had such a good time @ your wedding. Congratulations again!
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 05/19/2012

Ross and Laura of Look No Further were absolutely incredible. I should mention that I first discovered Ross when he DJ'ed my friends' wedding. He was so good, and the music was so fun, that I said, "That's who has gotta do my wedding!"--and I wasn't even engaged!!!! Talk about awesome.
    Ross's prices are very reasonable and he even worked with me to make sure his setup would work for my venue--even offering not to charge me an extra set up fee because we only needed a feed for one particular dance. How kind and accomodating!
    Meeting with Ross was amazing--every little detail was attended to. He knew all the right questions to ask, even things that I hadn't thought of, and trust me, I had thought of everything! He didn't mind that even one day before the wedding I was changing my mind about a certain song and he went right along with it! He was always super easy to get ahold of, even when I had to reach him just a day before the wedding.
    LNF's planning website is amazing as well. You get to make a list of "must play songs", "try to play songs" and even "do not play" songs!!! Super super easy for those of us who like to have control over every little detail. I loved how Ross created a loop of my favorite song for our entrance--it was timed perfectly. Ross let me have all the creative control I wanted, yet was able to suggest songs or an order of songs when I wasn't sure what to do. His professionalism shines--this guy knows how to DJ! He even DJ's professionally at a fancy club in downtown Austin regularly--so his equipment and expertise is really top of the line.
    I should also mention Laura, who emcee'd my event. When one guest wanted to make a surprise speech, Laura made sure to clear it with me first! Not even my day-of coordinator, but with me personally!!! That was service like none other, and I'm so thankful she ran it by me first, because we had a very specific plan for who was speaking first during the toasts!!!
    Finally, the best part was their uplighting. Ross so kindly gave us uplighting at no extra charge, as they wanted to try out their new lighting system, and I can't thank him enough. My event would not have looked NEAR as beautiful without this soft ambient purple lighting. It was something I never would have paid for, and it was my absolute FAVORITE part of the decor. I highly reccomend spending the money--your pictures and everything will look so amazing. Ross seemed to just know that my venue would be a great place to add extra lighting and I'm so so happy that he suggested it.
    Overall, I cannot say enough amazing things about Look No Further. They are a perfect team and create a perfect event. Ross's expertise is fantastic. I even received my wedding soundtrack just a few weeks after the wedding. Every detail working with Ross and Laura is perfect. Thank you!

Sent on 07/26/2012
  • U

NATALIE · Married on 05/12/2012

if you want your wedding to be a good party, pick these guys! They are 1000% worth what slight pricing difference you may find in other DJ quotes. You get what you pay for and we got exactly what we wanted with Look No Further! We had rave reviews and several people asking us "where did you find them?!?" I couldn't be happier with their services. They helped us to have a perfect wedding

Sent on 05/29/2012

Look No Further Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review Natalie! We had such a good time @ your wedding, and we are so proud to have played such a large role. If you ever need music or event coordination in the future please don't hesitate to contact us!

Valerie · Married on 05/12/2012

Ross and his wife were amazing! My husband and I originally learned of LNF from my brother. He and his wife had LNF DJ their wedding. They did such a great job at his wedding all of the groomsmen paid them to continue playing for an extra hour. Having been a part of this experience my husband and I decided to go ahead and book extra time with them for our wedding. We had no regrets.

The website was easy to use and LNF followed my play/don't play list to the T. Though incredibly sick for my entire wedding I found myself pulled to dance floor simply because LNF seemed to know every favorite song I have ever had in my life. I found myself unable to leave the dance floor as every song was a "must dance to this" song. I have never seen my husband dance so much in the 7 years I have known him.

I have recommend LNF to every bride I know. Even still, more than a year after the wedding, I have people tell me it was the best they have ever attended. That is due, in large part, to Ross and his wife with LNF.

Sent on 09/17/2013

Rhianna · Married on 04/20/2012

Our wedding had a very international crowd. I couldn't figure out what kind of music we were going to play to allow everyone to have a great time. When I met with Ross and expressed this concern, and he assured me I didn't need to worry. He was absolutely correct! I personally danced all night! Literally lol...before I knew it, it was 12am and we were leaving! I had a blast at my wedding, and Ross' DJ skills played a big role. Ross has a HUGE advantage because he has personally created a website that has a very large song database. The greatest part is the database is then broken down into decades. After decades, there are lists of the top 100 most popular songs for categories such as Father - Daughter Dance, etc. You are then able to pick different songs. This makes your life so much easier, plus you have a bit of an idea of the music at your wedding. He truly did an incredible job, and if you want an amazing reception, hire Look No Further...they will make it amazing!

Sent on 06/01/2012

Hey Rhianna!

Thank you for all of the kind feedback. I was so honored when Karim & you asked me to do the music, and I am thrilled that you had such a good time. International crowds are some of our favorites to entertain, and we had an absolute blast at your wedding! Congratulations again! I can't wait to see you two soon.
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 03/23/2012

Perfect evening:

Ross and Laura from Look No Further Entertainment were the perfect DJ and Day of Coordinator for our wedding in March. Ross switched from Rat Pack to Adult Alternative to Western Swing so smoothly you didn’t even realize the genre change that went with each stage of our wedding’s evening. They brought lighting with them and helped to create a great evening with the right kinds of music. Even later when people stopped dancing as much Ross knew how to switch up the music to get everyone back on the dance floor!

Laura already does a lot of Day Of coordination, but agreed to do a little more for our wedding and I am so glad she did! She was amazing all day- she made sure everything was handled, all our vendors were paid, and that the night progressed smoothly. She was so good at managing the group, many of them didn’t even realize she was steering them to certain areas- they just thought that was where they wanted to be!

I cannot say enough good words about this duo- they are so professional and fun to work with- we were so lucky to have them with us! Both Ross and Laura are a large part of why our wedding in March went so smoothly and was so much fun. Thank you both again for helping make our dream wedding happen!

Sent on 12/22/2012
  • W

Wesley · Married on 01/21/2012

Let me start by saying, as the bride, I did not want to leave the dance the floor the ENTIRE night of our wedding! Ross did such a GREAT job of taking our "music vision" and turning it into a FUN and memorable night and we could not be happier with our choice in Look No Further. When we first started looking into music for our reception, we immediately thought we wanted a band, but quickly realized how limited we would be when it came to a wide variety of music. I was hesitant to get a DJ thought after having attended too many weddings and other events with the same type of DJ playing the same songs. As soon as we met Ross, our worries were over! We were able to meet with him in person before the wedding to discuss what types of music we liked/didn't like and he listened!! We had so many compliments on the music the night of the wedding, and more importantly, we had THE BEST night ever! We HIGHLY recommend (and love!) Look No Further!!!!!

Sent on 02/04/2012

Amy · Married on 11/19/2011

Ross and Laura are amazing! As a wedding photographer I was recommended to them by another photographer. When I shot a wedding they were DJ'ing I was blown away. They are truly talented, fun professionals. The floor was packed the whole night with dancing! I loved them and have several of my newly engaged bridesmaids looking at them to book! Well worth the investment! They rock!!!!

Sent on 12/04/2011

Alex · Married on 06/24/2011

This DJ was amazing! They coordinated all the events for the whole reception (cake cutting, toast, etc.) and I didn't have to worry about anything. They only played music that I approved and made it flow well together.

Sent on 10/06/2011

Jessica · Married on 05/21/2011

Ross and Laura are AMAZING!! The reception music was so much fun...NOT you average cheesy wedding D.J. They have an online database of music you can pick the songs you want played at you wedding, or they will pick for you based on your preferences. Laura was awesome!!! She kept the reception timeline on schedule...letting me know when I needed to do the 1st dance, cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc. This allowed me to enjoy my reception and not worry about what I was supposed to be doing next. We got soooo many compliments on how much fun the music was at our wedding. They were prompt and professional in returning phone calls and emails!! Highly recommended!!!!!!

Sent on 06/17/2011

Adrienne · Married on 05/21/2011

I cannot express how incredible Ross and Laura are, nor how absolutely special they made our wedding day. The music was perfect, and they did a wonderful job changing from softer cocktail hour and dinner music to the louder, more eclectic dance music! Everyone at our wedding had so much fun, and neither I nor my husband left the dance floor the entire night except to cut the cake!! Laura did a great job handling all the transition periods, which was wonderful for me since I didn't have a wedding planner. They are such lovely people, and I cannot recommend them enough. Book them quick, they are the best in Austin!!

Sent on 10/07/2011

Margy · Married on 04/30/2011

Ross and Laura are so cool! I had no worries about my DJ on my wedding day. I put together a slideshow and had them bring a projector, but unfortunately we had an issue with the cables fitting my sister's laptop. No problem though! Laura whipped together another slideshow with special effects, etc. that was even better than my original right there on the spot and never missed a beat! My guests loved the slideshow. They are very professional, super easy to work with, and really good at what they do!

Sent on 05/10/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 04/02/2011

Look No Further was awesome. My fiance and I wanted our reception to be a party for everyone, young and old. We wanted people on the dance floor all night long...that is exactly what happened. Look No Further picked music that appealed to everyone andgot everyone moving. We had a fabulous time and couldn't have asked for a better DJ.

Sent on 04/21/2011

Naomi · Married on 02/26/2011

Awesome! Best DJ ever! Look No Further the was perfect choice for our wedding. Ross and Laura were so easy to work with and made me feel at ease. They are super professional with a laid back feel, a must for any bride and groom on their wedding day. They kept the music going and everything flowed seemlessly. Perfect night.

Sent on 03/10/2011

Richard · Married on 02/20/2011

We were very, very happy with the level of service that Look No Further provided at our wedding. From the outset, their website gave us the flexibility to choose the artists that we wanted to hear and exclude the ones that we didn't. At the ceremony Laura got everyone organized and made each event flow naturally, from the toasts to the dance. Ross kept the mood light and airy and made the music enjoyable for everyone. I highly recommend this company.

Sent on 03/23/2011