Longwood Golf Club Reviews

12 | Cypress, TX

12 Reviews for Longwood Golf Club

Ashley · Married on 07/21/2013

Longwood did a great job with my wedding! We did not have a huge wedding budget, but they worked with us to still make my day perfect. My husband and I are so happy with the way everything turned out! The DJ and food was excellent and I would definitely recommend this to any bride looking for a venue!

Sent on 10/03/2013

Jessica · Married on 06/16/2013

I absolutely recommend this place to any bride! They let you customize every detail instead of having to pick a wedding package I was able to get all the things I wanted. The food was delicious and my guests really loved it. No complaints from this very happy newlywed.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Katy · Married on 06/02/2013

My husband and I got married here in June! We couldn't have picked a better place to celebrate with our family and friends. The staff is super friendly and took care of everything! I loved the décor and food! I wish we could have stayed there all night! Definitely happy I chose this place.

Sent on 10/21/2013

This place is simply magical! The golf course background was so pretty! My guests loved taking pictures outside. The weather was perfect and thankfully it didn't rain. So happy we chose to have our day here. The food and staff was superb!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 03/23/2013

I got married here in May and it was a great venue! The coordinator helped us plan everything and was so helpful. The catering was excellent and my friends and family had a wonderful time. Definitely my dream wedding!

Sent on 09/25/2013

This venue was perfect for my wedding! The golf course background was beautiful and the staff was so friendly and helpful with everything! The food was A+ and I couldn't have pictured a better place to get married. The prices are affordable and my husband and I were able to have our dream wedding and have money for a house down payment!

Mel · Married on 03/17/2012

My aunt and mother found this on a whim. My husband and I were initially planning a Vegas and doing a reception when we got home. When we came to check it out, we decided to go ahead and have the wedding here. It was gorgeous! It included the food, an open bar, the DJ, and the cake (We only had to pay a little out of pocket for custome changes). They only complaint I had was there really isn't a good place for a bride to get ready, but honestly, that is small compared to the value. I would 100% recommend this place. Kristen Shirely is the wedding coordinator and she's great! One year later, we are both still receiving compliments on the food and the venue!

Sent on 03/18/2013

Mel · Married on 03/17/2012

We had originally intended to have a reception only, but decided to the wedding last minute. Longwood was extremely accommodating and professional. Compared to the many other venues we researched, the price was very reasonable and well worth the money! A year and a half later, my husband and I are still getting complements on our wedding.

Sent on 10/09/2013

Gabe · Married on 02/19/2011

We were very impressed with the venue and excellent services!

Sent on 10/11/2013

Michael · Married on 05/24/2013

Great people to work with. The event was actually a wedding rehearsal dinner. Food was excellent, the staff is pleasant and professional. I'll be working with them again for a golf tournament next year.

Sent on 10/15/2013
  • User3559886 · event on 10/20/2012

We had our corporate fundraising dinner here! Great staff and service! Only complaint is that we needed more parking....due to the fact that a golf tournament was going on. We are planning on hosting are next party here as well!

Priscilla · Married on 06/28/2014

2.6
      2.0
      2.0
      1.5

Cons
    Poor communication
    Unprofessional
    Can't be trusted to fulfill special requests
    Reception room and furnishings need to be updated
    Pros
    Food was excellent
    Inexpensive catering and venue fees
    Willing to work with you on pricing

Now I know why they are such a good value. The Golf Club management has changed twice since we began working with Longwood in March. The staff was slow to respond to email, but a call usually got a response. After working with the sales director only shortly, I was asked to work with the wedding coordinator. This person was unresponsive to the point that I had to copy the Exec. Chef and Sales Director in order to get any response. We scheduled our tasting and arrived at the Golf Club to find that the wedding coordinator had not told the Executive Chef that we were coming so we were forced to reschedule. We got our tasting done and the wedding coordinator told me she was getting married and would be out so I was to contact her assistant if I had any questions. Again, no response to email or phone calls from the assistant. Once the wedding coordinator came back things went smoothly as long as I followed up with her by phone. I was not confident that what I'd asked for would be done at the reception. Turns out I was right to be skeptical. Of the things I asked them to do only 2 out of 5 were completed. And, one of the simpler tasks had to be done by a friend who arrived to the reception early. Longwood, if you can't do the requested tasks please say so upfront. The actual reception room is dated and they do not take advantage of the beautiful golf club setting by putting planters of flowers and such outside on the wide verandah. I don't know if this is a personnel problem or if the golf club management was the cause. This was not a pleasant experience and caused a lot of stress and anxiety. Not what you want when planning a wedding and reception.

Sent on 07/07/2014