Longleaf Vineyard Reviews

Longleaf Vineyard 7
  • Amy

Amy Roppe · Getting married on 05/05/2020

Exceptional Views, Unparalleled Service

The views are breathtaking and provide the scene wedding the bride has been dreaming of since they were a little girl. However, service, flexibility, adaptability, customer responsiveness, and the attention to detail make the entire day the perfect fairytale. As the Mother of the Bride for a wedding on May 17, 2019, it is my pleasure to give Wendy and Brian 10 stars (the official scale ends at 5 stars) for location, customer support, service, kindness, responsiveness, and their focus on the little things that make a wedding day memorable. Complete with a private cottage for the bridal party and separate one for the groom, the amenities provide comfortable accommodations for pre-ceremony activities. Separate locations for the cocktail hour and dinner helped to ensure a smooth transition between events. Wendy and Brian were truly amazing and I strongly recommend this venue. The only disappointment was that it went too quickly!

Sent on 05/20/2019

JENNY · Married on 10/12/2019

The venue is beyond gorgeous - you just can't beat that amazing mountain view! The layout was perfect for our 100-person wedding - from the ceremony space with incredible mountain and vineyard views, to the cocktail hour pavilion, to the new tent with chairs/tables included. All of our guests were raving about what a beautiful venue it was, and our pictures look incredible! We loved that it had a secluded feel, yet was still close in proximity to the Asheville area. Wendy was so helpful throughout the process, and has been working hard on renovations to make the vineyard look its best. We highly recommend Longleaf Vineyard to anyone looking to get married here. Thank you Wendy and Brian for hosting our perfect day! We can't wait to come back!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Lori · Married on 09/14/2019

Wendy was fabulous

I don’t live in the area so we planned everything with Wendy over the phone. When we arrived, it was even more beautiful than I could have imagined! Loved it!! A picture perfect location and Wendy was the best!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Adcock · Married on 06/02/2019

Amazing!

We had our wedding at longleaf vineyard this June, and we could not have asked for a more perfect night. Wendy is amazing and made our wedding planning process so much easier. She also was an incredible help during the event. I have nothing but good things to say about the venue and owners.

Sent on 06/16/2019
    Longleaf Vineyard 8
    Longleaf Vineyard 9

Ashley · Married on 05/26/2019

Incredible views & Amazing owners

Longleaf was everything that we dreamed of. We had almost given up hope in finding a venue, but as soon as we got to the top of the hill overlooking the vineyard into the mountains, we knew that this was it. It was the perfect intimate setting with the most gorgeous views. Wendy and Brian were fantastic. Wendy made sure everything was perfect and was quick to answer any and all questions that we had. Brian's passion for the vineyard showed through the amazing wine that they offered-- everyone is still raving about that Peach Chardonnay. This is definitely a venue that you don't want to miss!

Sent on 07/14/2019
    Longleaf Vineyard 14
  • Jessica

Jessica Hussion · Married on 10/06/2018

Longleaf Vineyard: Perfect view and perfect owners

If I could rate Wendy and Longleaf Vineyard with 1000 stars I would!
    Wendy and her husband are the sweetest people I had the pleasure of working with during my 13 month engagement. Wendy is dedicated to her clients to make sure that the day is everything the bride and groom imagined and more. On my big day we somehow forgot to pick up the wedding cake. As the bride I was FREAKING out. Without hesitation, Wendy jumps in her car and goes to pick up our cake while our ceremony goes on without a hitch. I highly recommend Longleaf Vineyards, the view and the owner's wonderful hospitality make that venue absolute perfection I wouldn't have had my wedding day any where else.

Sent on 11/02/2018
    Longleaf Vineyard 15
    Longleaf Vineyard 16
    Longleaf Vineyard 17

Trish Nemitz · Married on 09/22/2018

Wonderful, gorgeous, romantic wedding venue

We loved Longleaf for our wedding. The views are spectacular. The cocktail area and the reception pad were spacious for our 100 guests plus a band. Wendy was fantastic and so sweet and helpful. All our guests raved about the location. We highly recommend Longleaf.

Sent on 07/10/2019

Longleaf Vineyard's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Trish. We loved having you and Chad celebrate your special day with us. Best wishes for many happy years as Mr and Mrs!

Stephanie · Married on 06/02/2018

INCREDIBLE in every aspect!!! Wendy, the owner used to be a wedding planner so she makes hosting your wedding super STRESS FREE, easy, and fun. My wedding was June 2nd and the weather was perfect, the vines were beautifully green, and the mountain view was priceless. Multiple guests said it was "the best wedding they had ever been to". The pergola you give your vows under is beautiful with the vines and mountains in the backdrop, the pavilion provides a rustic cover incase it rains, and a large white tent with beautiful lighting guarantees a formal and sophisticated feel to an outdoor reception. Wendy and Brian did a wonderful job of making sure the property looks great for your wedding day. We are so lucky we found this gem just a 20 minute ride from downtown! I highly recommend this picture perfect venue to everyone!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Lindsay · Married on 05/05/2018

We chose this venue for its beautiful views of the mountains, and it was a delight to be able to look over my soon-to-be husband's shoulder during the ceremony and see the beautiful Appalachian mountains in the background. To make it even better, the owner Wendy and her husband Brian were so easy to work with and made the day seem flawless. The venue was also so easy to love. From the cabins to get ready in, to the happy hour and reception tent being located directly behind the ceremony site, making it easy for our guests to navigate. Overall, we had a great experience with Longleaf and will highly recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful venue!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Patty · Married on 05/05/2018

My daughter and her husband had a wonderful wedding at Longleaf Vineyards. The scenery is breathtaking. Wendy and her husband, the owners, were very easy to work with and made things run very smoothly during the ceremony and reception. We would highly recommend this venue who ever really wants a magical experience!

Sent on 05/09/2018
    Longleaf Vineyard 18

Lynn & Kathleen · Married on 04/27/2018

After visiting several vineyards in NC, we settled on Longleaf for our wedding and we were not disappointed. In fact, everything went perfect. Brian and Wendy were excellent to work with. Very professional, helpful, accessible and flexible. They worked extremely well with the caterer, DJ, bartender and transportation vendors with no issues. The venue layout was perfect for our needs and many of our guests said it was the best wedding they ever attended. The view was awesome and we highly recommend Longleaf for a wedding, reunion or any other outdoor party.

Sent on 05/17/2018
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 04/07/2018

I cant say enough about Longleaf vineyard! My now husband and myself visited the venue last year and were amazed with the views! I felt like it was a shot in the dark to have our intimate ceremony here. (This great for an intimate or larger wedding)The new owner Wendy Knowles was so responsive and helpful from day one! On the day of the wedding, everything was set up just like we had discussed. It was the perfect day at the perfect venue! Wendy and her husband made some significant improvements to the ceremony area just weeks before our ceremony and we were so pleased! I feel lucky that we have a place to come back and visit...and we most certainly will. If you book this venue, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 04/20/2018
  • Kiana

Kiana · Married on 05/17/2019

3.0

The View is Worth it!

My husband and I are so glad we chose Longleaf Vineyard for our wedding! The views were perfect on our wedding day and we appreciated all of the spaces available. We had our ceremony outside at the pergola, cocktail hour in the pavillion with cornhole on the grass, dinner in the tent, then dancing back in the pavillion. It was truly beautiful and we would definitely recommend it.

PROS:
    - The view!
    - The many spaces on the property and wedding suites
    - They constantly make improvements (for us that meant beautiful new ceremony chairs, new fencing, stairs from the pavilion to the tent, and more).
    -They have decor available on site that you can borrow if you want. We borrowed a few great things from them that helped save us money while keeping the decor look we wanted.

CONS:
    -There are a lot of details and very specific requirements. We planned and designed our wedding ourselves (did have the required day-of coordinator) and we would often have a plan, then realize we had to alter it to accommodate the rules. This was frustrating, but after the wedding, I also think they made sense and helped our day be a success.
    -The rules/requirements add up to more money.

SUGGESTIONS:
    -Read through the contract before signing to make sure the rules/requirements are doable and affordable for you.
    -Also, if new requirements arise that you didn't initially agree to or if you're having trouble with something, talk to Wendy before worrying. She's really kind and wants you to have a great wedding! She's also quick to respond.

P.S. My mom also reviewed from the attendee perspective.

Sent on 07/15/2019