Longleaf Vineyard Reviews

25 Reviews for Longleaf Vineyard

• Jennifer

Jennifer Roehl · Married on 10/03/2020

Perfect Fall Wedding Venue

WOW, where do I begin? My husband and I started looking early for venues around Asheville because we knew October weddings booked up quickly. Something about this venue resonated with me, even from just looking at the photos online! We decided to "blind book" and decided that we would just go for it. We are SO happy that we did - once we got a chance to visit the venue we realized we had made the best decision possible for our dream wedding. Wendy and Brian were so accommodating, helpful and knowledgeable about their venue and wedding day expectations. Longleaf's wines are so delicious; I added on the wine tasting cellar to my package so that my guests could try all of the wines with Brian! He gave them information on each wine as they tasted. The venue has the flexibility of being all outdoors, however there are bride and grooms cottages, a pavilion for the bar, and of course a covered tent for dinner. The backdrop is also breathtaking, Wendy and Brian even let you take your wedding photos in the vineyard! One of the best parts is that Longleaf has their own specific wedding planner, Jennifer Russ, who I would say you absolutely need to hire for your day. Jenn was such an incredible communicator, always organized, and in the end she took all the ideas I had been telling her and turned them into a reality. All in all I would say if you are looking for a venue around Asheville, look no further than Longleaf Vineyard and Jennifer Russ! Two of the best choices I've made thus far in life!

Sent on 10/11/2020

Rosemary L · Married on 08/21/2020

Beautiful Views / Romantic Vineyard!

Romantic venue for a wedding- incredible views, beautiful vineyard, spacious areas for guests to wonder - to gather/celebrate or to find a quiet place to take in the views. And, of course – great wine. We looked at a lot of venues but knew Longleaf was it from the moment we visited. I especially liked the various areas (pavilion, tent, lawn) and other open space to roam. Choices are available if you prefer to take more of an active role in planning or of you prefer the all-inclusive option so that depends on your personality/availability. Wendy offered recommendations, prompt at answering emails and she and her and her husband Brain were hands on the wedding day to ensure all went smoothly. The venue was perfect for our daughter’s wedding.

Sent on 09/07/2020

Rachel Hudspeth · Married on 08/08/2020

Incredible Views and Amazing Owners

We are grateful that our forever began at the beautiful Longleaf Vineyard! Not only are the views of the Appalachian mountains breathtaking, Wendy and Brian (owners) were incredible to work with. I was an out of state bride and they made it easy to plan our day from afar. I highly recommend booking here for your wedding! I wouldn’t change a thing.

Sent on 09/04/2020
  • Brandon

Brandon Meisner · Married on 07/18/2020

Perfect Venue, Amazing Owners

We just had our wedding here and first and foremost- Wendy and her husband are amazing people. They’re so nice and friendly and you can tell they really care about your wedding. They will go out of their way to make sure you get everything you need. As for the venue itself- it truly is in unique place. You could not ask for a better place to get married! Would highly recommend having your wedding here, it definitely made ours SO special!

Sent on 07/20/2020

Brandon and Mallory,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! It was such an honor to host your wedding at Longleaf Vineyard. We are thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed your day, and wish you many years of wedded bliss!
    Cheers!
    Wendy & Brian
  • Amy

Amy Roppe · Married on 05/05/2020

Exceptional Views, Unparalleled Service

The views are breathtaking and provide the scene wedding the bride has been dreaming of since they were a little girl. However, service, flexibility, adaptability, customer responsiveness, and the attention to detail make the entire day the perfect fairytale. As the Mother of the Bride for a wedding on May 17, 2019, it is my pleasure to give Wendy and Brian 10 stars (the official scale ends at 5 stars) for location, customer support, service, kindness, responsiveness, and their focus on the little things that make a wedding day memorable. Complete with a private cottage for the bridal party and separate one for the groom, the amenities provide comfortable accommodations for pre-ceremony activities. Separate locations for the cocktail hour and dinner helped to ensure a smooth transition between events. Wendy and Brian were truly amazing and I strongly recommend this venue. The only disappointment was that it went too quickly!

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Viani

Viani Menges · Married on 11/02/2019

Longleaf Vineyard is a hidden gem!

The amazing mountain top views, the scenery and vibrant colors, and the quality of service provided by Wendy and Brian, made Longleaf Vineyard the best choice for our fall wedding! Tucked away in Marshall, North Carolina, Longleaf Vineyard is a hidden gem every bride deserves to find! We got married November 2019 and our guests are still raving about Longleaf Vineyard’s mountain top views. We've unofficially won the award for " Most Breathtaking Wedding Venue". We booked the venue sight unseen (and from out of state) but Wendy and Brian were so easy to work with. They were happy to help and provided what they could to bring our vision to the big day. Wendy’s wedding planning experience was so helpful throughout the wedding planning process and ensured that our dream wedding went off without a hitch. And let’s not forget the wine! Longleaf Vineyard has a great selection of wine for every kind of taste that shows up to the party. We are so happy we chose Longleaf Vineyard as the venue for our dream wedding! 10 out of 10 would recommend!

Sent on 03/23/2020
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/13/2019

Gorgeous venue!

I adored this venue from the moment I saw it, and the second I talked with Wendy! The venue is so scenic and Wendy was a huge help throughout the planning process. My husband and I could not have pictured a more perfect place to tie the knot and are so thankful to Longleaf for allowing us the opportunity.
    I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married in the area! You get almost 360 degree views of mountains, delicious local beer and wine options (Longleaf's wine is SO GOOD) and plenty of vendor suggestions to help make sure the day goes off without a hitch.

Sent on 10/19/2019

Longleaf Vineyard's reply:

Thank you for your review Becca. It was such a pleasure having you and Brandon celebrate your wedding day with us! We love sharing our property for such happy occasions, and I'm thrilled when our couples can look back on their day and feel that it was stress free. Brian and I wish you many years of happiness as Mr and Mrs Hodnett!

JENNY · Married on 10/12/2019

The venue is beyond gorgeous - you just can't beat that amazing mountain view! The layout was perfect for our 100-person wedding - from the ceremony space with incredible mountain and vineyard views, to the cocktail hour pavilion, to the new tent with chairs/tables included. All of our guests were raving about what a beautiful venue it was, and our pictures look incredible! We loved that it had a secluded feel, yet was still close in proximity to the Asheville area. Wendy was so helpful throughout the process, and has been working hard on renovations to make the vineyard look its best. We highly recommend Longleaf Vineyard to anyone looking to get married here. Thank you Wendy and Brian for hosting our perfect day! We can't wait to come back!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Patricia · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing views that will wow your guests

Amazing venue. The scenery is incredible. Our photos ending up turning out amazing with the gorgeous backdrop.

Wendy is a former event planner and that came in handy when planning. If you didn't think of it, you had time to make the right decision for you with the timeline she sets in the contract.

Only negative can be location. About 25 minutes away from Asheville so transportation for your guests needs to be considered but it is worth it. You can see the city from the wedding arch on a clear day!

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Sallie

Sallie Bissette · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing Views

Longleaf is one of the most beautiful places to get married! We did their elopement package with just our immediate family and it was everything we could have ever hoped for! The view is amazing! Wendy and Brian were so kind and helpful! Allowed us to come several times to check out the place (views, music, etc). They are some amazing people who just want your wedding to be magical! Ours was!! Great, Great place!!!

Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 09/21/2019

Gorgeous views, fun venue.

Longleaf Vineyard was absolutely perfect for our wedding. The view was the icing on the cake, but there are so many great things about this place. The owners, Wendy and Brian are so incredibly nice and very easy to work with. I love that there were multiple areas in which guests could hang out and take pictures. It’s a great place for those looking for an outdoor venue, but don’t want to d the typical barn. It was a perfect day and I’m very thankful that I chose the right place!

Sent on 11/10/2019

Longleaf Vineyard's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Hannah. We loved having you and Drew celebrate your wedding day with us at Longleaf Vineyard!! It was a pleasure getting to know you both, and we hope you'll visit when you are in the Asheville area. Cheers! Wendy & Brian

Lori · Married on 09/14/2019

Wendy was fabulous

I don’t live in the area so we planned everything with Wendy over the phone. When we arrived, it was even more beautiful than I could have imagined! Loved it!! A picture perfect location and Wendy was the best!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Adcock · Married on 06/02/2019

Amazing!

We had our wedding at longleaf vineyard this June, and we could not have asked for a more perfect night. Wendy is amazing and made our wedding planning process so much easier. She also was an incredible help during the event. I have nothing but good things to say about the venue and owners.

Sent on 06/16/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Hussion · Married on 10/06/2018

Longleaf Vineyard: Perfect view and perfect owners

If I could rate Wendy and Longleaf Vineyard with 1000 stars I would!
    Wendy and her husband are the sweetest people I had the pleasure of working with during my 13 month engagement. Wendy is dedicated to her clients to make sure that the day is everything the bride and groom imagined and more. On my big day we somehow forgot to pick up the wedding cake. As the bride I was FREAKING out. Without hesitation, Wendy jumps in her car and goes to pick up our cake while our ceremony goes on without a hitch. I highly recommend Longleaf Vineyards, the view and the owner's wonderful hospitality make that venue absolute perfection I wouldn't have had my wedding day any where else.

Sent on 11/02/2018

Trish Nemitz · Married on 09/22/2018

Wonderful, gorgeous, romantic wedding venue

We loved Longleaf for our wedding. The views are spectacular. The cocktail area and the reception pad were spacious for our 100 guests plus a band. Wendy was fantastic and so sweet and helpful. All our guests raved about the location. We highly recommend Longleaf.

Sent on 07/10/2019

Longleaf Vineyard's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Trish. We loved having you and Chad celebrate your special day with us. Best wishes for many happy years as Mr and Mrs!

Stephanie · Married on 06/02/2018

INCREDIBLE in every aspect!!! Wendy, the owner used to be a wedding planner so she makes hosting your wedding super STRESS FREE, easy, and fun. My wedding was June 2nd and the weather was perfect, the vines were beautifully green, and the mountain view was priceless. Multiple guests said it was "the best wedding they had ever been to". The pergola you give your vows under is beautiful with the vines and mountains in the backdrop, the pavilion provides a rustic cover incase it rains, and a large white tent with beautiful lighting guarantees a formal and sophisticated feel to an outdoor reception. Wendy and Brian did a wonderful job of making sure the property looks great for your wedding day. We are so lucky we found this gem just a 20 minute ride from downtown! I highly recommend this picture perfect venue to everyone!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Lindsay · Married on 05/05/2018

We chose this venue for its beautiful views of the mountains, and it was a delight to be able to look over my soon-to-be husband's shoulder during the ceremony and see the beautiful Appalachian mountains in the background. To make it even better, the owner Wendy and her husband Brian were so easy to work with and made the day seem flawless. The venue was also so easy to love. From the cabins to get ready in, to the happy hour and reception tent being located directly behind the ceremony site, making it easy for our guests to navigate. Overall, we had a great experience with Longleaf and will highly recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful venue!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Patty · Married on 05/05/2018

My daughter and her husband had a wonderful wedding at Longleaf Vineyards. The scenery is breathtaking. Wendy and her husband, the owners, were very easy to work with and made things run very smoothly during the ceremony and reception. We would highly recommend this venue who ever really wants a magical experience!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Lynn & Kathleen · Married on 04/27/2018

After visiting several vineyards in NC, we settled on Longleaf for our wedding and we were not disappointed. In fact, everything went perfect. Brian and Wendy were excellent to work with. Very professional, helpful, accessible and flexible. They worked extremely well with the caterer, DJ, bartender and transportation vendors with no issues. The venue layout was perfect for our needs and many of our guests said it was the best wedding they ever attended. The view was awesome and we highly recommend Longleaf for a wedding, reunion or any other outdoor party.

Sent on 05/17/2018
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 04/07/2018

I cant say enough about Longleaf vineyard! My now husband and myself visited the venue last year and were amazed with the views! I felt like it was a shot in the dark to have our intimate ceremony here. (This great for an intimate or larger wedding)The new owner Wendy Knowles was so responsive and helpful from day one! On the day of the wedding, everything was set up just like we had discussed. It was the perfect day at the perfect venue! Wendy and her husband made some significant improvements to the ceremony area just weeks before our ceremony and we were so pleased! I feel lucky that we have a place to come back and visit...and we most certainly will. If you book this venue, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 04/20/2018

Laura · Married on 10/26/2019

My wedding was beautiful

My wedding was beautiful. I had a wonderful day even with the rain. The venue is beautiful.

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Emily

Emily Eichenbaum · Married on 10/04/2019

Perfect location

We had our wedding here in October 2019. The views were spectacular and guests were in awe about how beautiful everything looked. Very minimal decor was needed because the venue truly speaks for itself. Once our pictures came back you could truly see the diversity of the venue. It looks like we were at 3 different locations for our wedding because there are SO many areas to take photos that make it seem like you’re in a different place. It was truly perfect and we wouldn’t have changed a thing!

Sent on 12/24/2019

Carly Reuther · Married on 10/19/2019

Reasonable Outdoor Venue with Spectacular View

After touring multiple venues, this one is the one we ended up with. The price was reasonable, and the views are to die for. The owners were always so responsive and helpful along the way which made things much easier for a destination bride!
    It rained the day of our wedding (boo) but it still ended up wonderfully.

Sent on 11/13/2019

Longleaf Vineyard's reply:

Thank you for your review Carly! Yes, if we could only control the weather, but I'm so glad we could make the pavilion a beautiful ceremony setting for you and John. Emily did a fabulous job! And your decor in the reception tent was perfect for a Fall wedding...loved it! Thank you for sharing your special day with us. We wish you many years of happiness as husband and wife! Wendy & Brian
  • Kiana

Kiana · Married on 05/17/2019

3.0

The View is Worth it!

My husband and I are so glad we chose Longleaf Vineyard for our wedding! The views were perfect on our wedding day and we appreciated all of the spaces available. We had our ceremony outside at the pergola, cocktail hour in the pavillion with cornhole on the grass, dinner in the tent, then dancing back in the pavillion. It was truly beautiful and we would definitely recommend it.

PROS:
    - The view!
    - The many spaces on the property and wedding suites
    - They constantly make improvements (for us that meant beautiful new ceremony chairs, new fencing, stairs from the pavilion to the tent, and more).
    -They have decor available on site that you can borrow if you want. We borrowed a few great things from them that helped save us money while keeping the decor look we wanted.

CONS:
    -There are a lot of details and very specific requirements. We planned and designed our wedding ourselves (did have the required day-of coordinator) and we would often have a plan, then realize we had to alter it to accommodate the rules. This was frustrating, but after the wedding, I also think they made sense and helped our day be a success.
    -The rules/requirements add up to more money.

SUGGESTIONS:
    -Read through the contract before signing to make sure the rules/requirements are doable and affordable for you.
    -Also, if new requirements arise that you didn't initially agree to or if you're having trouble with something, talk to Wendy before worrying. She's really kind and wants you to have a great wedding! She's also quick to respond.

P.S. My mom also reviewed from the attendee perspective.

Sent on 07/15/2019