Long Key Nature Center Reviews

22 | Fort Lauderdale, FL

22 Reviews for Long Key Nature Center

Christina · Married on 03/23/2019

Amazing service thus far!

As of now, everything has been great! Everyone has been very nice, sweet, and helpful! We've gone multiple times, emailed, called and it's always been a pleasant experience. Even the booking process was quick and easy. We can't wait for our wedding day!

Sent on 01/09/2019
  • LeeAnn

LeeAnn · Married on 08/04/2018

This location was beautiful and accommodating (up to 260 guests with chairs and tables included). We chose this venue because of the environment and potential for gorgeous pictures. This truly was a great venue. The only down side is that they do not allow hard liquor due to it being a county park, but it was for the best as we didn't want guests stumbling everywhere and causing a scene. They do allow beer and wine so it worked out perfectly. I would recommend this venue to anyone potentially looking to get married.

Sent on 08/05/2018

Somer · Married on 03/19/2016

the first time we went to the nature center to scope it out the staff were very friendly and were more than eager to show us around to help us make our decision. I called about a week before we booked the place to make sure the date we wanted was still available and the woman on the phone was very helpful. When we went to book Long Key the woman we dealt with was wonderful and explained all we needed to know before signing the contract. She also gave us her card and told us we could call, email, or stop by at any point if we had any questions. i have had a great experience with them thus far and look forward to my wedding day with them!

Sent on 08/20/2015

Angelica · Married on 12/08/2012

We had our reception at Long Key Nature Center and it was absolutely gorgeous. Perfect place to capture unbelievable photos. The bridge in the background gave us some great shots. The staff was very nice and set up all the table and chairs just the way we wanted and we're very helpful in all the last minute preparations. Overall would def recommend!

Sent on 12/17/2012
  • Precious

Precious · Married on 11/19/2011

Beautiful venue! Kind and helpful staff.

Sent on 12/18/2011
  • Aldric & Lafanta

Aldric & Lafanta · Married on 08/13/2011

The staff at Long Key Nature Center was very professional and prompt. They did everything they could to make sure my day was perfect. I would definitely recommend anyone in this area to check them out. Very pleased!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 02/15/2012

Silvye · Married on 09/25/2010

Long Key Nature Center was the perfect place to have our wedding. The greenery in the background make our pictures look awesome. Because it is a state park, they have a lot of restrictions about alcohol and what music, but we were able to work around them. I would recommend this venue to anyone who loves the outdoors.

Sent on 10/24/2010

Sarah · Married on 06/20/2009

The scenery around the nature is center is perfect for wedding pictures.

Sent on 06/26/2009
  • Christiane104

Christiane · Married on 05/02/2009

Most amazing park to have a wedding! The scenery is breath taking and the pictures come out amazing!

The reception hall is huge and it's neutral colors make for easy decorating!

Everything turned out perfect!! Would recommend this park to any Bride and Groom looking for such a gorgeous back drop!!

Sent on 05/12/2009
  • Debbie

Debbie · Married on 09/10/2011

Great venue! Truly magical views...if it's not raining, check out the two oak trees at the side of the venue...gorgeous ceremony location....unfortunately, it rained on my wedding day, so we had to transition to the reception venue, the Oak Hammock Hall...but I definitely didn't complain....still a very very gorgeous hall! My caterer absolutely loved the size of the kitchen area....the bathrooms were very new, clean, fresh! Butterflies everywhere...and the beautiful lake at the back of the venue is tranquil and serene....I love the touch of the rocking chairs in the back...I can go on and on about why I loved this venue, but you have to see it for yourself! Highly recommended for a wedding!

Sent on 10/03/2011

Brianna · Married on 05/24/2015

We were really happy having our reception at the long key nature center. It was very affordable and suited our scenic needs. Our wedding had about 200 guests and there was more than enough space.

Sent on 06/02/2015

3.5

We booked Long Key Nature center for our wedding. All my guests said they thought that our wedding was from the movies. The great canopy trees was an excellent backdrop to the ceremony, and I got a great wedding package through Imperial Design that turned the adjacent banquet hall into a fantasy reception. We really liked the fact that you can have an outdoor wedding and then move inside for the reception, which was great because I found out that it actually started raining at some point during the evening and I didn't even realize it. It has a large catering kitchen which made things really easy for the caterers and the park will set up the tables and chairs for you which are included for the hall (not for outside) in whichever layout you want, so your wedding coordinator only have to worry about decorating. We were also able to use the outside for free by renting the hall which was a great bargain for us.

There are restrictions that you must be aware of: You will have to use violins or guitars because loud amplified music is not allowed. We were able to get away with a keyboard on a small power pack. The outside outlets are locked and unavailable so you will have to take that into account.

You can't throw anything that will endanger the wildlife, so we had our guests blow bubbles after the ceremony. Also no hard liquor allowed, only wine and beer in cans or kegs ONLY. The restrictions can be daunting at first but it if you want that nature theme it is worth it!

We had a wonderful wedding and the staff was very helpful. Vicki the event director at the park will help walk you through the whole process of how to have a great venue experience. She was a great help to us and was very detailed, which made it easy to work with the park.

Sent on 11/18/2012

gabrielle · Married on 03/09/2013

The venue was so beautiful. It was great for familys.

Sent on 03/26/2013

Kelly · Married on 12/12/2015

3.5

I'm using this venue for my upcoming wedding because my fiance and I love the outdoors, so when we came to look at this place a few months back we just fell in love with the scenery. Everything is just beautiful and gorgeous and exactly what we hoped for. We always imagined having a gorgeous natural looking scenery as a background for our ceremony & pictures then we'll take the party inside to the reception hall for dinner and dancing fun :)
    If you're planning on doing most of the wedding yourself, decorations etc and don't want to spend an arm and a long, then this is the place to be. Reasonably priced, gorgeous background scenery for outside ceremony & a nice sized hall for dinner and dancing.

Sent on 06/16/2015
  • F

Elizabeth · Married on 10/22/2011

3.0

The park is absolutely beautiful as well as the reception hall. Everything is new, clean, and neutral for easy decoration.
    My only complaint is the countless rules and regulations. It is worth it though because of the end product. Our pictures came out amazing and we had a great time.

Sent on 11/14/2011

4.2
      3.5

The venue is very beautiful and well set up

Sent on 06/20/2014

Tori · Married on 11/22/2014

3.0

It was tough to find a wedding venue to accommodate my 200+ guest list within my price range but the Long Key Nature Center fits perfectly. It has a beautiful outdoor area for the ceremony and cocktail hour. I believe it shows off everything that represents Florida with all the tree and wildlife. It also has a nice air condition Hall that can host a large number of guest. I like that they provide all the tables and chairs and an ice machine! It is a great venue if you are doing your own catering and a lot of amenities are included in the price.

Sent on 07/30/2014

Malissa · Married on 07/18/2009

3.0

We had our reception here; Beautiful setting; keep in mind it is a county park and you must understand all rules and regs; also beer and wine only allowed at county parks as well (but if your guests love you they will deal :)

Sent on 10/09/2009
  • Christi

Christi · Married on 04/09/2011

3.8
      2.0

Lot of rules due to the nature preserve, but if you're flexible and creative, you'll have great use of this place and its fantastic surroundings.

Sent on 04/28/2011

1.8
      0.5
      0.5
      2.0

We were recently married here and there were quite a few cons; no lighting outdoors, the contact person returned my phone calls and emails only shortly before the wedding, and the cleaning crew was entirely unprofessional and rude. Never in my life have I ever had such rude interactions with staff. They yelled at us and slammed/locked the doors in our faces at 11pm- just as we were about to leave. Having a destination wedding proved to be very challenging with this venue, as I mentioned, Nancy and Vicky didn't return my phone calls until 10 days before my wedding. Even after the one time I was able to speak with someone they still did not answer my questions. They constantly sent emails requesting information we provided to them several times. Honestly, communication seems to be a big issue with them. It was difficult to then coordinate the other vendors I had in place. Also, Long Key prohibits the use of their chairs and tables outside and the only rental areas are the hall and the tree covered area to the left of the hall. On the upside, the venue was clean and ready for set-up at the beginning of our rental time. For the amount we paid, we should have gone to Thalatta Estate.

Sent on 04/28/2014

Lytisa · Married on 11/04/2018

1.0

My sister just had her wedding here. The staff was unprofessional! She couldn't have 1 dress rehearsal, alcohol, or a cocktail hour in the waiting area. I wouldn't recommend this location unless it's for a baby shower.

Sent on 05/09/2017

Sarah · Married on 04/19/2014

1.0

Unfortunately I absolutely loved the location but didnt love the manager that was in charge while my wedding was taking place. She was very rude, constantly yelling at everyone and not acting professional. She should definitely not be working with the public. Unfortunately after my experience there I will not be recommending this venue to anyone!

Sent on 05/20/2014