Long Island Sound Reviews

144 | Bohemia, NY

144 Reviews for Long Island Sound

Jennifer · Married on 11/27/2010

They were great, everything was very professional. They did our uplighting around our room also and it came out great. They kept our entire family up dancing the entire night. They stayed away from our do no play list. We highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/05/2011

Valerie · Married on 11/12/2010

I can't say enough about LI Sound! They were absolutely amazing at my wedding. Everyone was up and moving. They played all the songs I requested and added more to get the party started. Our team was Terrence and Mike....absolutely awesome! Planning the the ceremony music and cocktail hour music was a pleasure, as I was given great ideas that I hadn't thought of. Their prices were competitive but fair and the quality of service was beyond exemplary! I HIGHLY recommend LI Sound!!

Sent on 08/01/2012

Anita-Eve · Married on 10/17/2010

Kept our party ROCKING'! Thanks Steve!!

Sent on 05/09/2012

Melissa · Married on 09/14/2010

Very professional. The music was great & our guests were dancing all night!! MC Chris was awesome!! Very easy to work with & lighting was great as well.

Sent on 10/11/2010

Jennifer · Married on 08/06/2010

I booked LI Sound for my ceremony music, for cocktail hour we had a steel drummer, and they also dj'd my reception. They were EXCELLENT they had people that dont dance up and dancing all night long! My uncle said he never danced this much not even at his own wedding! They played ALL the music I picked out and dispite all the requests they had from guests for certain music, they stayed away from my "do not play list"! The guys there were so professional but easy to get along with and VEry outgoing! I would definately rec them and book them again for another party!!

Sent on 08/24/2010

Jeanne · Married on 03/12/2010

Chris did an outstanding job. Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 03/30/2010

Maura · Married on 03/06/2010

kept the party dancing all night

Sent on 03/15/2010

Lisa · Married on 12/05/2009

Long Island Sound was wonderful. They played great music and all the music i exactly wanted. I never had people sitting at their tables, they were always up dancing due to them playing constant wonderful music to have people up dancing. They did a great photo montage of my husband and I. I would 100% recommend them!

Sent on 12/14/2009

Keriann · Married on 09/01/2007

They were awesome!!!!

Sent on 07/21/2008

Tara · Married on 11/26/2014

Great djs. Played exactly what we wanted. Nice music during dinner so people could have a conversation. Kept the party going but was not in everyone's face on the dance floor. Everyone complimented them.

Sent on 12/04/2014

Nachica · Married on 07/24/2014

They were great from start to finish the dj was awesome everyone loves the music, the lighting was beautiful. They were professional and catered to our likes and wants!!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Jennifer · Married on 07/04/2014

LI Sound blew us away with their demo room. We got to see and hear exactly what we would be getting for our wedding. And they really listened to the type of vibe we wanted as well as who are guests are to match us with the an MC that works with our style. Leo and his team of DJ and lighting tech were amazing! He really kept everything upbeat and energetic and knew how to capture our guests attention for moments like the mother/groom dance. We also booked our photo booth through LI Sound which was a hit.

Sent on 08/19/2014

Kelly · Married on 09/30/2017

Long Island Sound was amazing at my wedding this past September. Craig and Scott were an incredible duo and they kept the party going at the right pace all night. My guests had a blast on the dance floor and they played almost all of the songs we requested and avoided all of the songs on our do not play list. The music was never too slow or too loud and they covered all of the genres. Will be recommending LI Sound to all of our friends and family getting married.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Craig is really awesome to work with! He totally got what I wanted and made sure everyone was dancing all night. He also came to our rescue when our original DJ didn't work out! Our MC, Scott, was great also. Not overly chatty, but did a great job. The ONLY reason they are not a 5.0 is because I was very specific that I did not want ANY music older than the 90s except for a few specific songs. Before the 2nd dance set, I heard some 70s or 80s music (2 songs). I did not like them (although, they were fine songs and people were dancing and singing - just not what i wanted! lol). They did change it and when the dance set started with what I wanted, it was awesome!!! The dance floor was packed and everyone was dancing. So much, that I missed the Ice Cream Sundae Bar – but it’s ok because I love to dance! They also threw in Piano Man as the last song (again, not on the list!). They had everyone get in a circle around the room and sway back and forth. Then hubs and I danced in the middle. It was actually really cool and a great way to end the night. I’m glad they did it!!! - although i thought the song could have ended a little earlier. But one of my vendors saw it and loved it and is adding it to her wedding!! We had the 2 man DJ/MC, white set up (which looked awesome), up lighting (also awesome!), a riser for our dais table (I wanted to be slightly above the guest tables – which worked out great in the end), and the mic for the ceremony. I loved them and would recommend them over and over!

Sent on 03/23/2017
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 08/16/2015

Long Island sound played a great variety of music at our wedding. Guests were very pleased with the selection of music. Scott was a great emcee! We would highly recommend this company. The equipment is great!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Mary · Married on 08/16/2014

Long Island Sound was a great choice for our wedding! We had Jason as our DJ and everyone was raving over how awesome he was! He played a good mix of music (a lot of country and top 40 which is exactly what we wanted!) and had everyone dancing from the minute the reception started to the minute it ended. Everyone was having so much fun that we had to actually tell him to stop playing and make an announcement so that people could actually eat! He was great, played everything we wanted and was very accommodating throughout the night whenever we wanted him to switch it up.

Only negative I have about LI Sound was that they tried to pressure us to get an MC. If you are like me and don't want someone talking into a microphone and just want music being played, just go the DJ route. You will not be disappointed! Jason did an awesome job and was able to get everyone's attention whenever we needed him to. He was great!

Sent on 09/01/2014

Scott and his team were amazing! Our steel drummer for the ceremony and cocktail hour was a big hit and all of our guests thought they were on an island! We had a great time with them and they really catered to our music needs. The photo booth was a big hit as well! They set it up to create a unique feeling and the lounge made everyone feel like they were in another world!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Lauren · Married on 06/27/2014

My husband and I were extremely happy with Long Island Sound. They did an amazing job and had everyone dancing the entire night at our wedding. They provided a generator for us to use so that our guests were able to hear our ceremony out on the beach. We had a string trio perform during the ceremony and they performed songs for us that were were not on their playlist. Scott did an incredible job as our MC. He started the night off after our first dance with 20 mins of non stop dancing to get the night started off right. Most weddings I have been to they have everyone sit down right away so the staff can take take dinner orders. They did a great job with uplighting to change the look of the ballroom and the photo booth was a huge hit. They provided us with a custom back drop and custom prints from the photo booth. The song selections were great and they really seemed to know what we liked as a couple and what would keep the crowd going. We had the zap shots included in our package and they took hundreds of pictures. They caught things even our photographer missed. They also set up a custom dj booth that worked better for our venue. Overall Long Island Sound did an incredible job. If you want to have a great time dancing all night at your wedding you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 02/08/2015

Long Island Sound's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you as well!

Viviane · Married on 06/09/2012

I used LI Sound as my DJ and couldn't have be more happy with their service. They provided us with great entertainment and got the party going right from the start and had everyone dancing until the last song was played. They also provided us with the uplighting around the room which looked amazing!
    I gave them one less star from professionalism because we had a misundertsanding that caused a lot of stress for me and my husband the day of the wedding. When we went into the reception to take a photo of us alone in the room before all the guests arrived, DJ Mike came up to introduce himself as our DJ...Only problem is, we booked everything with DJ Vito! We immediatley panicked because we had done our final appoitnment and got to know and trust Vito to do our wedding. Not only were we panicked but also upset that we werent notified of Vito's termination that occured 2 weeks prior to our wedding!!... So we had to go downstairs with our new DJ to go over the the introductions, the dances, type of music we wanted played, etc. which caused an extra 15 minute delay for our guests waiting to get out of the cocktail room who had already been in there 30 minutes too long because our room wasnt ready on time!!
    I wrote to Chris the manager after all was said and done and he explained and apologized for the misunderstanding. Turns out, LI Sound was booked in both rooms at the venue and they contacted the wrong bride to notify her of the change!
    Anyway, DJ Mike was incredible and we couldnt have asked for better entertainment. Everyone had an amazing time and the room looked beautiful with their uplighting and all-white DJ setup. Also, the quality for the value is unbeatible!!

Sent on 06/20/2012

Mary · Married on 11/11/2011

Mikey B was right on the money-he kept the party going all night and played most of our requests. I highly recommend this vendor for any party or wedding...thanks for allowing our input on our most memorable evening.

Sent on 11/21/2011

Kendra · Married on 07/16/2010

LI Sound was great! My side of the family is very conservative and do not dance much and my husbands side it wild and crazy. LI Sound did a fantastic job of getting everyone up and moving. They provided a great mix of music that everyone enjoyed. They were organized and really took the stress off me on my big day!

Sent on 08/11/2010

Rebecca · Married on 08/31/2008

These guys were so professional and easy to work with right from day one. They knew exactly what to do and what questions to ask so that we’d have the kind of party we imagined. We filled out all the request songs and they actually played almost all of the songs unfortunately it was usually while we were busy and couldn’t dance. A lot of guests came up to us and said how much fun they had and how much they enjoyed the party and the dancing so I can give that credit to our DJ.

Sent on 09/05/2008

Dori · Married on 07/05/2008

The MC exhibited a lot of positive energy.

Sent on 08/18/2008

Evira · Married on 11/18/2007

Greatest DJ and MC ever!!!!

Sent on 11/18/2008

Dana · Married on 07/13/2013

Long Island Sounds is a fantastic DJ/Music company to use for your wedding or event. The only reason they did not get a full "5" for us was because they forgot to play one of the songs we put on our "must play" list. Additionally, we had originally requested a wood setup, and they called a week before the wedding to say it broke and that they had to provide a different setup instead. They did throw in a free lighting package due to the inconvenience. However, none of our guests noticed and everyone commented on how wonderful they were. Would definitely recommend despite the few hiccups!

Sent on 08/13/2013