Long Island Sound Reviews

144 | Bohemia, NY

144 Reviews for Long Island Sound

• Michelle

Michelle F. · Getting married on 05/07/2021

Absolutely recommend, hands down!

My fiancé and I met with Chris for our initial meeting/consultation. He was amazing- super easy to talk to, explained everything in such an understandable way, friendly and professional yet also very relatable. Before we met, I browsed through their website and was a bit overwhelmed by all of the options they had to choose from- lighting, photo booths, DJ booths, instrumental add-ons, etc. Meeting with Chris made the whole process so much easier to understand the difference from one option to another, and what would be the best value for our price range, etc.

I could definitely tell that LI Sound puts so much effort into the quality of their work and their strive for professionalism- their website is beautiful to look at. I'm very much someone who appreciates a well-organized and updated website for a business and LI Sound 100% delivers on that experience. They have demos of their DJs and MCs so you know exactly what type of performance you can expect at your event. They have videos demonstrating all of the lighting options, TVs, DJ sound booths (which I had no idea could be so customizable and unique). You can also "build your package" on the website to piece together everything you want and get prices for it all so nothing is a surprise.

After having our initial talk and discussing the package options, Chris showed us the showroom which was extravagant and really brings to life all of their equipment so you can see how everything looks and performs- we even got to play around with the different photo booths. We felt very comfortable throughout the whole experience, meaning we didn't feel pressured to spend more than we wanted, and we felt free to ask any questions that we had. I honestly cannot say enough good things about LI Sound. I'm extremely excited to continue to work with them and to have our wedding reception service provided by them.

Sent on 07/12/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa G. · Married on 09/27/2020

Great Experience!

Highly recommended Long Island Sound!
    They’re helpful, professional, and personable.
    Our DJ Scott did an excellent job with our wedding music!

Sent on 10/08/2020
  • Selena

Selena R. · Married on 09/06/2020

Such great people to work with!

Planning a wedding during COVID has not been easy, we had 3 date changes, a shift in our planned services and still LI Sound was helpful and accommodating every step of the way! I am beyond impressed with how professional they are and how awesome they've been with dealing with everything during COVID restrictions. Since we had a small celebration we only had them do the music for our ceremony service but Scott came in and made our unique situation so special. He was such a nice guy, I can't say enough good things about him and this company. Their entertainment capabilities are great but even more importantly they are the most genuine, sweetest people to work with.

Sent on 10/27/2020

Jacqueline G. · Married on 08/15/2020

Love long island sound!

best dj company around!!! everyone there is amazinggggg!
    love the mcgraws!!!!

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley H. · Married on 01/17/2020

The best in the biz!

LI Sound is incredible!! Chris was our MC and Craig was our DJ and they had the room up and dancing the entire night. From the moment we entered the room til the very last song the dance floor was packed. They are the best of the best!

Sent on 08/18/2020
  • Jena

Jena C. · Married on 12/28/2019

Most amazing DJ!

We could not be happier with LI Sound! We got married on 12/28 and are still getting texts and calls from our guests saying that it was the best wedding they have ever been to, mainly because of how much dancing there was. Maybe I'm biased, but Chris and Vito kept our guests on the dance floor ALL night! I trusted them completely to keep it going (no matter what kind of music I thought I wanted played), and they did! I would recommend them 100 times over! I'm SO glad we had them and wish we could relive this night again!

Sent on 01/07/2020

Adana · Married on 10/13/2019

5 Star Rating - Thank you!

Long Island Sound was very accommodating in the sense that it wasn't just hiring a DJ, there were phone conversations with MC Scott to ensure that our vision and music style came to life. We chatted about the list of songs that were going to be played during cocktail hour and reception, Scott had given us some great suggestions which we incorporated. Thanks for keeping our guests busy on the dance floor!!

Mr. and Mrs. Vincent Magro

Sent on 10/18/2019

Cynthia · Married on 09/21/2019

Great Company!

This company's professionalism and customer service is an A ++++. We initially met with Chris to determine what would wanted to have for our wedding. We never felt pressured to build our package in any kind of way and because of their great customer care , we added additional items such as the custom dj booth, and a photo booth - both were very well worth it. We had Russell as our DJ and Tommy as our MC. They were an amazing crew and I received a TON of positive feedback about how great they were. For me, it was important for people to have a good time and to be able to read the room and they did a stellar job. Thank you for making our day such a memorable and dance filled day!

Sent on 11/21/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer H. · Married on 09/14/2019

Best DJs in NY!

We wanted a super simple set up for our wedding and LI sound came through to deliver big time! They were professional, friendly, and attentive to what we wanted. Everyone danced the night away thanks to LI sound!

Sent on 10/05/2019
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 06/08/2019

Everyone was up dancing!

We used Long Island Sound for ceremony and reception music. We had a DJ (Scott), MC, percussionist, and photobooth. The percussionist was a huge hit!!! Not overbearing and just a blast!! I thought they played everything on our wish list wonderfully. The only reason I deducted the plus was because my husband and I both imagined the entrance song played differently then we hoped. Also, the first guest to use the photobooth had to tell the attendant that this was not “Tim and Kelly’s Wedding” as it stated on the photo. But they fixed it immediately. All in all they rocked it and any mistakes on their end were unnoticed by my guests. I would use them again!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Danielle · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing DJ/MC - Nonstop Party!

I recently got married May 2019 and MC Leo and DJ Marty absolutely crushed our wedding. Leo was wonderful and charismatic on the mic. Matty read the room and knew exactly what songs to play when! I don’t think anyone ever left the dance floor. Even my sister in law said “they are playing such great songs early! I hope it lasts!!” Well it did!!! I couldn’t thank them enough!!! And if you are contemplating a love musician, I say go for it! Gives you a band vibe without the downtime of the band’s songs!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Kathleen · Married on 05/11/2019

Excellent!!

We are so happy we had LI Sound as our DJ/MC for our Wedding!! We had Scott as our MC and Rusty as our DJ. They were both SO great!! From the beginning, the guys at LI Sound were so accommodating to our schedules for planning and answered all of our questions as needed. Scott and Rusty kept everyone on the dance floor all night and we felt like Rusty read the crowd very well to which music direction to go in. It was a perfect night and in large part because of the DJ/MC. We would definitely recommend LI Sound to those couples who are looking for their Wedding DJ. We were also unsure if it was necessary to have both the DJ and MC, and we would recommend to have both. Scott and Rusty were SO great, ask for them!!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Long Island Sound's reply:

Kathleen, Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy you had a great time and your wedding, congratulations and much success, LI SOUND.

Kacey · Married on 02/22/2019

Great to work with

Great to work with even with living in a different state, the paperwork provided was very detailed and gave us some direction since we felt overwhelmed doing everything from out of state. Met with them a few days prior and they somehow read our vibe perfectly and curated the perfect playlist that incorporated everything we wanted including my husband's family Persian song requests. Couldn't have asked for a better team, made our day a blast and helped everything go smoothly.

Sent on 11/11/2019

Aimee P. · Married on 01/19/2019

The Dance Floor Was Packed All Night!

Chris and his team were ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL! From the first day we met through the wedding day, LI Sound was attentive, professional, energetic, and gracious both in person and over the phone. The dance floor was packed throughout the entire reception – our guests are STILL talking about what an amazing time they had! Even though I provided Chris with a specific and lengthy play list, he and his team rose to the occasion and went above and beyond to make sure all our favorite songs were heard. We had disco divas and thirty somethings dancing together in perfect harmony to the best dance songs of the 70s and 80s through the hits of today! Creative mash-ups, song blends, and segues ensured that the crowd’s energy level remained high! They also made sure some go-to Irish, Italian, and Greek songs were played, allowing our friends and family to enjoy traditional dances! I can’t thank them enough for making our wedding GLORIOUS! I wholeheartedly recommend them for a wedding, and any other type of formal affair!

Sent on 04/22/2019

Danielle · Married on 09/01/2018

FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! I don't even know where to begin. From start to finish, this company made the day! LI Sound provided music for our Ceremony, Cocktail Hour (steel drum), and Reception. Everything was on point the entire day. Our MC Chris helped us plan out our day perfectly and provided us with all of the necessary (easy) forms needed in order to make sure we had the best music playing for our wedding, and made sure that all of our up lighting was livening up the room. Chris got everyone up and dancing!! There was not a second where someone's feet were not moving on the dance floor. Leo created the most AMAZING Movie Mashup for our entrance, which had the whole room laughing and hyped up before my husband and I even entered the reception. This DJ provided us with photographers would joined us on the dance floor capturing every silly and emotional moment. Those pictures showed right up on the TV screens for everyone to see in real time. AMAZING!!! And we can't forget about the photo booth. What a hit!!!!! Our guests loved everything about LI Sound, and so did we. Thank you for such an amazing time. The music makes the wedding!!!!!!!!! 10 thumbs up!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Marisa · Married on 09/01/2018

Go with them!

If you are thinking about using them DO IT! They had EVERYONE on the dance floor! The drummer is a great addition!

Sent on 01/21/2019

Amanda · Married on 08/18/2018

What an incredible job by LI Sound at our wedding just a few weeks ago. Chris was our MC and Craig killed it as our DJ. The whole night the dance floor was packed and the music selection was excellent. Craig really knows how to read the room and keeps the energy level high on the dance floor. My fiance and I danced the night away and could not have asked for a better night. Also, big thank you to our lighting tech as well as our percussionist!

Chris was a pleasure to work with from the first day with stepped into the office. He was very responsive, communicated any issues or concerns in a timely manner and made the final meeting a breeze.

Could not have asked for a better experience! All of our guests have been raving about the party.

Sent on 09/05/2018

Alexa · Married on 07/28/2018

Couldnt have been more happy with our MC and DJ. We also got so lucky that the owner of LI sound (Chris) was our MC. He did an amazing job!!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Stephanie · Married on 07/21/2018

Absolutely Incredible!

Chris (MC), Matt (DJ), Justin (Dummer) and the entire LI Sound team helped make our wedding a party that our family and friends still can’t stop talking about nearly one year later.

When we first called LI Sound we sat down with Chris and he was open and honest about all of our options. He didn’t try to sell us a thing. He simply laid out the incredible number of services that he and LI sound had to offer and assured us of one thing, no matter what we went with he was going to make sure our wedding was an unbelievable party. When the night came, he and his team absolutely delivered. Chris and his people are absolute professionals through and through. They honored all of our musical requests the night of the wedding, and DJ Matt had a perfect feel for the room and the people at our party. He navigated from set to set with our requests and awesome surprises that made it impossible to leave the dance floor.

If it were just Chris and Matt, the night would have been incredible. But we made the right decision when we signed up for the movie mash-up video introduction. Make sure you ask about it when you meet with them! Every person we said hello to after we made our entrance was talking about that personalized movie mash up they put together for us. And finally, there was LI Sound’s drummer Justin, playing along with every song with the energy and enthusiasm of an entire orchestra. He truly helped bring the party to another level, and created one of the best moments of the entire night when he willingly let my best friend and his father on his drum kit alongside of him and put on a show that my wife and I will never forget.

Everyone knows that you can’t have a great wedding without a great DJ. This team is unbeatable. An absolute sure thing that just happen to be the incredibly friendly, helpful, and the definition of what it means to be a consummate professional in this business.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Nicole · Married on 07/08/2018

We went with LI Sound for music, and up lighting and extra cool stuff for our wedding…and are still reeling from what a great find this was!! The music for entire ceremony and cocktail hour was exactly how we requested, no surprises! We used the Print Budii photo machine and it was a hit at our wedding! If anyone had trouble, Scott and his team were right there to help our less tech savvy guests and then they were hooked on printing photos all night long! We were fortunate to book Scott as our MC and couldn’t be happier. He is charismatic, funny, friendly…the list goes on but basically everything you could hope for in an MC and more. The only thing that could top his professionalism was his skill as an MC in keeping the party going and bringing the wedding together. I also have to mention how sincere Scott was and showed genuine care in making our wedding a special day. He gave great and candid advice, suggestions, encouragement which resulted in an amazing production. Our wedding guests are still complimenting us on how much fun they had on the dance floor and the great music selection. Our guests haven’t stopped raving about the unique, and personalized entrance video LI Sound created for us! Scott was able to play a full night of great music which kept everyone on the dance floor and matched our taste just knowing a few things about what we were looking for in our playlist. We are sincerely grateful for everything LI Sound have done for us to make our wedding such a perfect, fun, and unforgettable day!

Nicole and Michael Sarro

Sent on 07/10/2018

James · Married on 06/23/2018

These guys are unreal!!! Absolutely the life of the party!!! One of the biggest compliments we received for the wedding. They kept people on the dance floor for hours! Would highly recommend. Huge shout out to Leo and Matty T for an amazing night.

Sent on 07/14/2018

Danielle · Married on 05/26/2018

Every aspect of their entertainment made my wedding a hit . We had. Keyboard player at cocktail hour , the percussionist and Dj plus MC and up lighting in the room . We could not have been happier. Long Island Sound was phenomenal .

Sent on 06/03/2018

Lea · Married on 03/24/2018

Long Island Sound provided our photo booth and print Budii station at our reception. Scott and his team were incredibly accommodating. They made the process so easy and so happy that we chose them!

Sent on 03/29/2018

Teresa · Married on 11/03/2017

Had a great experience with this company. Everyone is still talking about my DJ 7 months later. We used Craig and he was incredible!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Cambria · Married on 10/17/2017

We had such an amazing experience with LI Sound. Chris, the owner, was super responsive from the start. Their prices are reasonable and they have an awesome studio and great selection (different packages and setups to fit your needs). He was very flexible in terms of our requests. We could not be happier with the end result. Chris is an INCREDIBLE emcee. He has the perfect voice and knows how to get the crowd started and followed all of my directions on the day of the wedding. I highly recommend this company for your special day! Thank you LI Sound!!!!

Sent on 03/16/2018