118 Reviews for Long Island Sound

Photobooth (3)
Liability Insurance (2)
Projector (1)
118 Long Island Sound Reviews

We had Sal and Chris as our DJ/MC Combo on Friday September 29th, 2017. They played the perfect music, the dance floor was packed all night. We gave them a general overview of what we wanted to hear and they ran with it. They remixed a bunch of songs to give them a real party feel. We had TV screens with the Zap photography that LI Sound offers, it wound up being such a cool focal point for people who were taking a break from the dance floor. We got the pictures a week later, which was awesome because our professional wedding photos are going to take 8 weeks to get. They also played a photo montage during dinner, which didnt take any time away from the dance floor and we really enjoyed.

It was a great night, we couldnt be happier. There were two couples at our wedding who just got engaged and both of them are going to be using Long Island Sound. There isn't a better DJ on Long Island.

Thank you for a great night!

Profile Picture Matthew, 9/29/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Flat Screen

LI Sound is the BEST DJ ever. My husband and I are were sooooo thrilled with their service and professionalism. They played EVERY SINGLE song on our request form and made sure every thing went exactly as we requested it. Even when we went to book the DJ, the salesperson we met with, Danielle, was an absolute pleasure to work with and we signed the contract right then and there. The owner Chris was really easy to deal with also and whenever we had questions we emailed him and got a timely response. Our DJ and MC the night of our event were both really awesome. We really can't thank you enough for making our wedding day the most memorable. My husband and I highly recommend this vendor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Stephanie , 9/17/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used Long Island Sound for our wedding and it was the best decision we could've ever made! Chris was amazing to work with from day one. He listened to all my crazy requests and even made special mixes on some of them. We previously had gone to weddings knowing Long Island Sound was the DJ and everyone was constantly on the dance floor having a great time so we automatically knew he was gonna be the best. Our wedding was one of the best days of our life and every single person came up to us saying how much fun it was and how great the music was all night long!

Profile Picture Jovina, 6/25/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Flat Screen, Do-Not-Play List, MC

LI Sound DJ's are awesome! We just had our wedding last weekend and Chris was helpful and so easy to work with throughout. He recommended some changes to our day of timeline and we are so glad we took his advice. We had Frank the keyboard player for our ceremony, the jazz trio for cocktail hour and then a DJ for our reception. All of them were fantastic and couldn't have been better. The MC was great and very attentive, checking in to see if we needed anything throughout the evening. We had a crowd on the dancefloor all night, and all our guests have told us how much fun they had and what a great party it was. We highly recommend LI Sound - you will not be disappointed if you book them!

Profile Picture Holly, 6/10/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ

LI SOUND was amazing! excellent at communicating and really had our crowd dancing the entire night! we got so many compliments from our guest about how amazing they were! I danced the night away and the dance floor was packed the entire night! highly recommend!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/28/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Being the very cautious and thorough couple that we are, we attended several wedding show cases to review and select the best DJ we could find. Your DJ can make or break the wedding. There were several recommendations made by the East Wind but we quickly locked onto LI Sound and gave them careful review after a couple of good mock demonstrations of excellent performance. We selected our package which was a painless process made easy by a well oiled operation of knowledgeable staff. We set everything up many months in advanced. Nearing our day, one of those it could happen to anyone things happened and our selected MC was no longer available. Now having a "the sky is falling" feeling we met face to face with the owner (Chris) and this is where we really began to get impressed. A last minute quarterback change is not to be taken lightly. They introduced us to our DJ (Craig) and the proposed MC (Leo) and set up a full scale personal demonstration in their sound room and set our concerns straight. With stone faces we watched. We made poor Leo perform under pressure and he took it home without missing a beat under difficult conditions. He has an upbeat game show host personality that you can't help but to love. 5 minutes talking to Craig and you'll feel like you made a very good choice. He's a man who takes his trade very serious and his performance matches his hype. The wedding went off flawlessly! Craig and Leo killed it for us and did an excellent job. We added a drummer who did a great job also and was a nice touch. We couldn't have been happier with their game day performance. Customer service was above and beyond and this is a company that can be counted on to get it right!! Good job guys!!

Profile Picture Roger, 10/16/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Flat Screen, MC

Everything was perfect from the second I called Long Island Sound. Of course, I read all the reviews on wedding wire :) And decided that I really wanted DJ Craig to be the DJ at our wedding. I called to see if he was available for our wedding date and he was. For our initial appointment the secretary set us up to meet with Craig... he was awesome and easy to talk to. He helped us pick a package that fit our desires and fit our budget. He knew all about our venue, Lombardi's on the sound, which really helped. He did not try to push us or sell us... he really seemed like he just wanted to make us happy. For our next appointment we brought our paper work and again met with Craig. He made us feel comfortable and got us excited for our wedding. He helped us make our final music and lighting decisions. Then the day came, our wedding day. When we walked into our reception room everything was perfect. The lighting was ON POINT. For our reception, Scott was our MC and Craig our DJ. The dance floor was packed the ENTIRE night... I couldn't stop dancing and either could anyone else. My one regret from my wedding is that I did not talk to enough people... and it was all the DJs fault.. because I could not stop dancing! haha We requested a few songs and Craig was sure to play them all. He played songs from every genre we wanted. I just can't say enough. The wedding was 5 days ago and everyone came up to me to say how awesome the DJ was. We love Craig and he is the best DJ EVER. If you are getting married and you want people to have fun and to dance at your wedding, have Craig DJ! Have Scott MC! I truly enjoyed my experience working with Craig at Long Island Sound.
Love, Amy and Justin!!!

Profile Picture Justin, 9/10/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Uplighting

I think everyone at my wedding danced the night away, and everyone told me how much they LOVED the music! Craig was our DJ and he ruled! Mike was our emcee and he was so much fun! High energy, danced with us and had an awesome voice! I would use them over and over!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/4/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones

We had Leo (as our MC) and Sal (as our DJ) for our wedding at Flowerfield on 7/3/16. They throw an absolutely AMAZING party! We danced all night and my guests loved the varied music selection. Leo was an absolute pleasure to work with and we could not have been happier about the way our wedding turned out. Long Island Sound definitely knows how to get the crowd going. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Tara, 7/3/16, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Craig did a great job working with us for our wedding. I feel horrible that I don't remember who was our actual DJ, but whoever it was he did a fantastic job! We were trying to be money conscious and requested someone who could be a DJ and MC rather than paying for an MC. I didn't want someone over the top, just someone to help keep the party going. This guy did a fantastic job! We had so much fun! He got a lot of people dancing and everyone had such a great time! I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Bianca, 6/3/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We chose LI Sound because they were recommended by our venue. I will say we were a bit overwhelmed when we first met with them at their studio. They have tons of package options and upgrades with different booths, lighting, TVs, photo booths, decor, etc. We chose a basic package with just the DJ and basic lighting and we were very pleased. Scott was our DJ/MC and he was fantastic! Our wedding was non traditional and we didn't want any cheesy wedding music/ group dance songs played. Scott played great music and had everyone dancing without having to default to the cha cha slide. We had a great time!

Profile Picture Deirdre, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I have to start by saying that there are really no words to accurately express how great a job Long Island Sound DJ did at our wedding two weeks ago. Long Island Sound will totally take your affair to the next level and beyond. They have a very classy and gorgeous white backdrop stage area, which really blends beautifully at wedding venues. They also have many other color backdrops for different types of parties. The energy level that they bring is through the roof. Scott, our MC was unbelievable. We had musicians (horn player and drummer) who were incredible. Spider, was the Harlem Globe Trotter of drummers. The dance floor was packed all night because the energy of Long Islamd Sound was so contagious.

We debated having a band but decided on a DJ with accompanying instruments because we like to listen to original artists. This turned out to be the perfect choice. Long Island Sound's most cutting edge equipment, incredible entertainers and beautiful backdrop made for a party that rocked from start to finish!
I suggest adding the large screens to your package. An action photographer from Long Island Sound uploaded his action shots on
onto the large TV screens as the party was happening. The guests loved watching themselves as they partied on the dance floor.

Kudos to Long Island Sound! They will exceed your highest expectations!

Profile Picture A, 5/7/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Flat Screen, Microphones, Uplighting

Craig & Leo were a dynamic duo who made the best day of our life even better than we imagined. From our meeting with Craig 5 days before our wedding to the last song played, we really enjoyed our experience with LI Sound. They provided us with speakers for the cocktail space so our guests could hear our carefully chosen cocktail music. They listened and took into account every song we wanted on our play list and tried really hard to get them all into our reception. Our dinner music was tv show theme songs and each time the musisc came on, our guests would completely lose it and sing along. Leo and Craig kept the party going and handed out all the give aways we had purchased. Our guests left telling us this was the best wedding they've ever been to and I attribute a lot of that to Craig, Leo and the LI Sound team.

Profile Picture User4924866, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Music is one of the most important parts of a successful wedding reception and Long Island Sound was AMAZING!!! They came highly recommended to us and they surpassed our expectations! We had a dynamic duo, Leo was our MC and Craig was our DJ, these two men were an unbelieveable team. They are incredibly talented and they work so well together. Anything I needed during the planning process they were there to help talk through details with me, and make me feel so comfortable and confident . My guests have not stopped talking about how our DJ was the best DJ they have ever seen at a wedding. We gave them some suggestions of what we were looking for, but from there we gave them full creative freedom and they shined. The dance floor was full from the start of the night to the very end! Another very unique touch, Leo has the talent and skill to create a custom personalized "movie mash up" entrance video for the bride and groom to come into the reception. It was one of the most memorable parts of our day and people were in awe. Ask about it is all I can say, you will be amazed! We can't say enough about how wonderful Leo, Craig and their team were, and will be forever thankful for making our day so special and unforgettable!

Profile Picture Danielle, 11/13/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Flat Screen, Photobooth, Uplighting, Consultation, MC

We had an amazing experience using LI Sound DJ. From the moment we walked into their office, we knew they were the best in the business and they followed through all the way to the end of the wedding. Guests could not stop raving about how they have never seen people have more fun or spend more time on the dance floor (and that's coming from someone who owns a catering hall!). LI Sound DJ never tried to push any additional products on us, listened to what we envisioned and allowed us to make several changes to our contract leading up to the big day. I would highly recommend their DJ services - they definitely know what they're doing!

Profile Picture Elyse, 10/3/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Wedding date September 20, 2015. Where do I start?!! Long Island Sound topped every wedding I've ever attended. I'm Arabic and my husband is Italian American, so we wanted different types of music to please both families. Even though the DJ didn't speak a lick of Arabic, he did an amazing job with the music. We had Leo as the MC, this guy was awesome! He was dancing with the crowd, my dance floor was only empty for the special moments (ex. cake cutting). Nothing negative at all. We had a piano player during the ceremony and cocktail hour which we didn't think we were going to do, VERY happy that we spend the extra money on him everyone complimented how elegant he was. Thank you Long Island Sound for making our wedding amazing.

Profile Picture Mariyam, 9/20/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Scott is the best! Our wedding was great and everyone loved the music. They were also able to play Portuguese music and worked it in seamlessly.

Profile Picture Cristina, 8/22/15, 9 Reviews

Best DJ on Long Island!
My husband and I were very happy that we went with Long Island Sound. The dance floor was packed and they never stopped playing music from start to finish. They played every song that I had requested them too. The add on of the saxophone and percussion is a must! they were well worth the extra money and the crowd loved it, especially taking pictures with them on the dance floor. The mahogany booth was beautiful in our ballroom. Our DJ was Rusty and he killed it but our MC James really stole the show! He was the perfect fit our crowd and what we wanted from out MC. He is an amazing acoustic singer too and also did our cocktail hour. We were extremely happy with him and would tell anyone to request him as there MC.

Profile Picture Stacy, 8/21/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Long Island Sound was out of this world! Our guests havn't stopped talking about how good the music was. The dance floor was packed the entire wedding. We explained exactly the kind of music we wanted and they listened to our requests. We saw them do a demo at a bridal expo and I immediately got chills. I KNEW they were the ones! The drummer was definitely a nice addition. I never got his name but he was phenomenal. We also had a steel drummer for the cocktail hour- he also did fantastic job and our guests really liked the mood that he set. We are so glad we used them! Thank you LI Sound!

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/31/15, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used LI Sound for our wedding on June 12th. They were amazing!! They had our guests up dancing the entire time and played all of the music we requested. They played a ton of great songs that kept the party going. Our MC Leo was awesome as well - highly recommended. Our reception was at the Cottage at East Wind and with the LED uplighting, light towers and beautiful white DJ system from LI Sound the room was totally transformed and looked even more amazing. We highly recommend LI Sound - the music is a huge part of a wedding and we definitely made the right decision!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 6/12/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We had Our wedding This Past weekend and I cannot tell you how awesome LI Sound did!!!…everyone of our guests danced the entire time. At first I was a little worried, because I have a unique taste in music and my wife's family is Dominican, But The MC and the DJ read my guest perfectly. They blended the different styles together and everyone was entertained and dancing all night. One of the biggest reason we went with LI Sound was because they understood exactly what we wanted without being pushy or trying to "sell" us everything they had. I really enjoyed the planning process with them and my wife was really happy that the MC and DJ really understood her families culture. All and All LI Sound was a great choice and would recommend them to everyone

Profile Picture User5160281, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Li Sound was AMAZING!!! Rusty was by far the best DJ I have ever heard. Vito and Rusty had the dance floor packed all night and always knew the right music to play. One of the best vendors we worked with for our wedding!

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/23/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I used Long Island Sound for the entertainment for my wedding a few weeks ago and I am SO glad we went with them! Not only were they extremely professional and helpful to us, but they were more than flexible with a number of things (i.e. scheduling meetings on off-hours, last minute changes, etc), to which we are extremely grateful! We are still getting rave reviews from all of the guests at our wedding, and even had a few engaged couples ask for LI Sound's info, which is the ultimate compliment, for their own weddings. Absolutely, 100% check them out if you want a wedding that people are up on the dance floor from the minute guests walk in until the end of the night!!

Profile Picture Amy, 4/10/15, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

UNBELIEVABLE PARTY! If you want all your guests dancing and having a good time non-stop you should go with LI SOUND. They listened to my husband's and I requests and made our dreams come true. All of our guests told us that our DJ was great! We were not disappointed! We are trying to figure out how we can throw another party just to have them again! Our MC was Leo and he definitely kept the party going!

Profile Picture User3731662, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews