Long Island Sound Reviews

127 | Bohemia, NY

127 Reviews for Long Island Sound

127 Long Island Sound Reviews

Amanda · Married on 08/18/2018

What an incredible job by LI Sound at our wedding just a few weeks ago. Chris was our MC and Craig killed it as our DJ. The whole night the dance floor was packed and the music selection was excellent. Craig really knows how to read the room and keeps the energy level high on the dance floor. My fiance and I danced the night away and could not have asked for a better night. Also, big thank you to our lighting tech as well as our percussionist!

Chris was a pleasure to work with from the first day with stepped into the office. He was very responsive, communicated any issues or concerns in a timely manner and made the final meeting a breeze.

Could not have asked for a better experience! All of our guests have been raving about the party.

Alexa · Married on 07/28/2018

Couldnt have been more happy with our MC and DJ. We also got so lucky that the owner of LI sound (Chris) was our MC. He did an amazing job!!

Nicole · Married on 07/08/2018

We went with LI Sound for music, and up lighting and extra cool stuff for our wedding…and are still reeling from what a great find this was!! The music for entire ceremony and cocktail hour was exactly how we requested, no surprises! We used the Print Budii photo machine and it was a hit at our wedding! If anyone had trouble, Scott and his team were right there to help our less tech savvy guests and then they were hooked on printing photos all night long! We were fortunate to book Scott as our MC and couldn’t be happier. He is charismatic, funny, friendly…the list goes on but basically everything you could hope for in an MC and more. The only thing that could top his professionalism was his skill as an MC in keeping the party going and bringing the wedding together. I also have to mention how sincere Scott was and showed genuine care in making our wedding a special day. He gave great and candid advice, suggestions, encouragement which resulted in an amazing production. Our wedding guests are still complimenting us on how much fun they had on the dance floor and the great music selection. Our guests haven’t stopped raving about the unique, and personalized entrance video LI Sound created for us! Scott was able to play a full night of great music which kept everyone on the dance floor and matched our taste just knowing a few things about what we were looking for in our playlist. We are sincerely grateful for everything LI Sound have done for us to make our wedding such a perfect, fun, and unforgettable day!

Nicole and Michael Sarro

James · Married on 06/23/2018

These guys are unreal!!! Absolutely the life of the party!!! One of the biggest compliments we received for the wedding. They kept people on the dance floor for hours! Would highly recommend. Huge shout out to Leo and Matty T for an amazing night.

Danielle · Married on 05/26/2018

Every aspect of their entertainment made my wedding a hit . We had. Keyboard player at cocktail hour , the percussionist and Dj plus MC and up lighting in the room . We could not have been happier. Long Island Sound was phenomenal .

Lea · Married on 03/24/2018

Long Island Sound provided our photo booth and print Budii station at our reception. Scott and his team were incredibly accommodating. They made the process so easy and so happy that we chose them!

Teresa · Married on 11/03/2017

Had a great experience with this company. Everyone is still talking about my DJ 7 months later. We used Craig and he was incredible!

Cambria · Married on 10/17/2017

We had such an amazing experience with LI Sound. Chris, the owner, was super responsive from the start. Their prices are reasonable and they have an awesome studio and great selection (different packages and setups to fit your needs). He was very flexible in terms of our requests. We could not be happier with the end result. Chris is an INCREDIBLE emcee. He has the perfect voice and knows how to get the crowd started and followed all of my directions on the day of the wedding. I highly recommend this company for your special day! Thank you LI Sound!!!!

Matthew · Married on 09/29/2017

We had Sal and Chris as our DJ/MC Combo on Friday September 29th, 2017. They played the perfect music, the dance floor was packed all night. We gave them a general overview of what we wanted to hear and they ran with it. They remixed a bunch of songs to give them a real party feel. We had TV screens with the Zap photography that LI Sound offers, it wound up being such a cool focal point for people who were taking a break from the dance floor. We got the pictures a week later, which was awesome because our professional wedding photos are going to take 8 weeks to get. They also played a photo montage during dinner, which didnt take any time away from the dance floor and we really enjoyed.

It was a great night, we couldnt be happier. There were two couples at our wedding who just got engaged and both of them are going to be using Long Island Sound. There isn't a better DJ on Long Island.

Thank you for a great night!

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 09/17/2017

LI Sound is the BEST DJ ever. My husband and I are were sooooo thrilled with their service and professionalism. They played EVERY SINGLE song on our request form and made sure every thing went exactly as we requested it. Even when we went to book the DJ, the salesperson we met with, Danielle, was an absolute pleasure to work with and we signed the contract right then and there. The owner Chris was really easy to deal with also and whenever we had questions we emailed him and got a timely response. Our DJ and MC the night of our event were both really awesome. We really can't thank you enough for making our wedding day the most memorable. My husband and I highly recommend this vendor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jovina · Married on 06/25/2017

We used Long Island Sound for our wedding and it was the best decision we could've ever made! Chris was amazing to work with from day one. He listened to all my crazy requests and even made special mixes on some of them. We previously had gone to weddings knowing Long Island Sound was the DJ and everyone was constantly on the dance floor having a great time so we automatically knew he was gonna be the best. Our wedding was one of the best days of our life and every single person came up to us saying how much fun it was and how great the music was all night long!

Holly · Married on 06/10/2017

LI Sound DJ's are awesome! We just had our wedding last weekend and Chris was helpful and so easy to work with throughout. He recommended some changes to our day of timeline and we are so glad we took his advice. We had Frank the keyboard player for our ceremony, the jazz trio for cocktail hour and then a DJ for our reception. All of them were fantastic and couldn't have been better. The MC was great and very attentive, checking in to see if we needed anything throughout the evening. We had a crowd on the dancefloor all night, and all our guests have told us how much fun they had and what a great party it was. We highly recommend LI Sound - you will not be disappointed if you book them!

Darcy · Married on 01/13/2017

Long Island Sound provided our ceremony music (Steel Drummer Andre) and reception music for our January wedding. Craig and Scott kept our guests dancing from beginning to end and were the best DJ and MC we could have asked for. Booking with Chris was amazing and they have us exactly what we wanted and were one of the easiest vendors Ive ever dealt with. We also booked our photobooth through LI Sound and it was a HUGE hit with our guests. Thank you, LI Sound!

Lauren · Married on 10/28/2016

LI SOUND was amazing! excellent at communicating and really had our crowd dancing the entire night! we got so many compliments from our guest about how amazing they were! I danced the night away and the dance floor was packed the entire night! highly recommend!

Roger · Married on 10/16/2016

Being the very cautious and thorough couple that we are, we attended several wedding show cases to review and select the best DJ we could find. Your DJ can make or break the wedding. There were several recommendations made by the East Wind but we quickly locked onto LI Sound and gave them careful review after a couple of good mock demonstrations of excellent performance. We selected our package which was a painless process made easy by a well oiled operation of knowledgeable staff. We set everything up many months in advanced. Nearing our day, one of those it could happen to anyone things happened and our selected MC was no longer available. Now having a "the sky is falling" feeling we met face to face with the owner (Chris) and this is where we really began to get impressed. A last minute quarterback change is not to be taken lightly. They introduced us to our DJ (Craig) and the proposed MC (Leo) and set up a full scale personal demonstration in their sound room and set our concerns straight. With stone faces we watched. We made poor Leo perform under pressure and he took it home without missing a beat under difficult conditions. He has an upbeat game show host personality that you can't help but to love. 5 minutes talking to Craig and you'll feel like you made a very good choice. He's a man who takes his trade very serious and his performance matches his hype. The wedding went off flawlessly! Craig and Leo killed it for us and did an excellent job. We added a drummer who did a great job also and was a nice touch. We couldn't have been happier with their game day performance. Customer service was above and beyond and this is a company that can be counted on to get it right!! Good job guys!!

Justin · Married on 09/10/2016

Everything was perfect from the second I called Long Island Sound. Of course, I read all the reviews on wedding wire :) And decided that I really wanted DJ Craig to be the DJ at our wedding. I called to see if he was available for our wedding date and he was. For our initial appointment the secretary set us up to meet with Craig... he was awesome and easy to talk to. He helped us pick a package that fit our desires and fit our budget. He knew all about our venue, Lombardi's on the sound, which really helped. He did not try to push us or sell us... he really seemed like he just wanted to make us happy. For our next appointment we brought our paper work and again met with Craig. He made us feel comfortable and got us excited for our wedding. He helped us make our final music and lighting decisions. Then the day came, our wedding day. When we walked into our reception room everything was perfect. The lighting was ON POINT. For our reception, Scott was our MC and Craig our DJ. The dance floor was packed the ENTIRE night... I couldn't stop dancing and either could anyone else. My one regret from my wedding is that I did not talk to enough people... and it was all the DJs fault.. because I could not stop dancing! haha We requested a few songs and Craig was sure to play them all. He played songs from every genre we wanted. I just can't say enough. The wedding was 5 days ago and everyone came up to me to say how awesome the DJ was. We love Craig and he is the best DJ EVER. If you are getting married and you want people to have fun and to dance at your wedding, have Craig DJ! Have Scott MC! I truly enjoyed my experience working with Craig at Long Island Sound.
    Love, Amy and Justin!!!

Stephanie · Married on 09/04/2016

I think everyone at my wedding danced the night away, and everyone told me how much they LOVED the music! Craig was our DJ and he ruled! Mike was our emcee and he was so much fun! High energy, danced with us and had an awesome voice! I would use them over and over!

Tara · Married on 07/03/2016

We had Leo (as our MC) and Sal (as our DJ) for our wedding at Flowerfield on 7/3/16. They throw an absolutely AMAZING party! We danced all night and my guests loved the varied music selection. Leo was an absolute pleasure to work with and we could not have been happier about the way our wedding turned out. Long Island Sound definitely knows how to get the crowd going. I highly recommend them!

Bianca · Married on 06/03/2016

Craig did a great job working with us for our wedding. I feel horrible that I don't remember who was our actual DJ, but whoever it was he did a fantastic job! We were trying to be money conscious and requested someone who could be a DJ and MC rather than paying for an MC. I didn't want someone over the top, just someone to help keep the party going. This guy did a fantastic job! We had so much fun! He got a lot of people dancing and everyone had such a great time! I highly recommend!

• Deirdre

Deirdre · Married on 05/14/2016

We chose LI Sound because they were recommended by our venue. I will say we were a bit overwhelmed when we first met with them at their studio. They have tons of package options and upgrades with different booths, lighting, TVs, photo booths, decor, etc. We chose a basic package with just the DJ and basic lighting and we were very pleased. Scott was our DJ/MC and he was fantastic! Our wedding was non traditional and we didn't want any cheesy wedding music/ group dance songs played. Scott played great music and had everyone dancing without having to default to the cha cha slide. We had a great time!

A · Married on 05/07/2016

I have to start by saying that there are really no words to accurately express how great a job Long Island Sound DJ did at our wedding two weeks ago. Long Island Sound will totally take your affair to the next level and beyond. They have a very classy and gorgeous white backdrop stage area, which really blends beautifully at wedding venues. They also have many other color backdrops for different types of parties. The energy level that they bring is through the roof. Scott, our MC was unbelievable. We had musicians (horn player and drummer) who were incredible. Spider, was the Harlem Globe Trotter of drummers. The dance floor was packed all night because the energy of Long Islamd Sound was so contagious.

We debated having a band but decided on a DJ with accompanying instruments because we like to listen to original artists. This turned out to be the perfect choice. Long Island Sound's most cutting edge equipment, incredible entertainers and beautiful backdrop made for a party that rocked from start to finish!
    I suggest adding the large screens to your package. An action photographer from Long Island Sound uploaded his action shots on
    onto the large TV screens as the party was happening. The guests loved watching themselves as they partied on the dance floor.

Kudos to Long Island Sound! They will exceed your highest expectations!

Craig & Leo were a dynamic duo who made the best day of our life even better than we imagined. From our meeting with Craig 5 days before our wedding to the last song played, we really enjoyed our experience with LI Sound. They provided us with speakers for the cocktail space so our guests could hear our carefully chosen cocktail music. They listened and took into account every song we wanted on our play list and tried really hard to get them all into our reception. Our dinner music was tv show theme songs and each time the musisc came on, our guests would completely lose it and sing along. Leo and Craig kept the party going and handed out all the give aways we had purchased. Our guests left telling us this was the best wedding they've ever been to and I attribute a lot of that to Craig, Leo and the LI Sound team.

Danielle · Married on 11/13/2015

Music is one of the most important parts of a successful wedding reception and Long Island Sound was AMAZING!!! They came highly recommended to us and they surpassed our expectations! We had a dynamic duo, Leo was our MC and Craig was our DJ, these two men were an unbelieveable team. They are incredibly talented and they work so well together. Anything I needed during the planning process they were there to help talk through details with me, and make me feel so comfortable and confident . My guests have not stopped talking about how our DJ was the best DJ they have ever seen at a wedding. We gave them some suggestions of what we were looking for, but from there we gave them full creative freedom and they shined. The dance floor was full from the start of the night to the very end! Another very unique touch, Leo has the talent and skill to create a custom personalized "movie mash up" entrance video for the bride and groom to come into the reception. It was one of the most memorable parts of our day and people were in awe. Ask about it is all I can say, you will be amazed! We can't say enough about how wonderful Leo, Craig and their team were, and will be forever thankful for making our day so special and unforgettable!

Elyse · Married on 10/03/2015

We had an amazing experience using LI Sound DJ. From the moment we walked into their office, we knew they were the best in the business and they followed through all the way to the end of the wedding. Guests could not stop raving about how they have never seen people have more fun or spend more time on the dance floor (and that's coming from someone who owns a catering hall!). LI Sound DJ never tried to push any additional products on us, listened to what we envisioned and allowed us to make several changes to our contract leading up to the big day. I would highly recommend their DJ services - they definitely know what they're doing!