Long Beach Museum of Art Reviews

Long Beach Museum of Art 5
Long Beach Museum of Art 6
Long Beach Museum of Art 7

bonnie · Married on 01/02/2019

amazing work!!! Great service !!!!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Karyn · Married on 10/05/2018

Amazing AF

From the first meeting to our wedding day, the process was so EASY! Adreanna and team made it so simple and would answer all my questions and emails within a day or two. You can truly tell that they take pride in their work and putting on a fantastic event. The food is phenomenal and the bar perfect. We chose the standard bar, which include beer & wine and one signature cocktail form the restaurants menu. You need very little decoration because the ceremony and reception space is beautiful. Definitely worth the visit/tour if you are looking for an outdoor wedding space!

Sent on 10/29/2018
    Long Beach Museum of Art 8
    Long Beach Museum of Art 9
    Long Beach Museum of Art 10

Jennifer · Married on 08/18/2018

We love LBMA and wish we could re-live our wedding! First, the LBMA team are all-stars: we loved working with Adreanna and Andrii, who were personable and offered the highest level of customer service from start to finish. Second, the ocean views and photogenic premises made it a perfect venue for our all-outdoor event. Third, the food and signature cocktail selection are excellent! We would recommend LBMA in a heart beat!

Sent on 09/23/2018
    Long Beach Museum of Art 11
    Long Beach Museum of Art 12
    Long Beach Museum of Art 13
    Long Beach Museum of Art 14
    Long Beach Museum of Art 15
    Long Beach Museum of Art 16

Cynthia · Married on 04/21/2018

LBMA was the perfect place for our wedding, we couldn't have asked for a better venue, view, and team to work with! The team was so organized from the beginning, the food/drinks were fantastic (guests still tell me how great the appetizers and main course were!), and the over all ambiance/setting made this place worth every penny! Adreanna, Dahnia, and Andrii were amazing to work with, very prompt and professional. They definitely know what they're doing at this venue! We HIGHLY recommend choosing LBMA for your wedding!!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Kimi · Married on 02/23/2018

We had our daytime wedding at LBMA and I cannot recommend it enough! I gave it 5 stars for each category and I'll try to break it down in this review. Overall experience was perfect and our wedding was better than I could have ever dreamed. Andrii and his special events team did a fantastic job making sure everything was in order for our big day. From their professionalism to their attention to detail, they did an excellent job.

Our original wedding location canceled on us and, in the end, we are so glad everything worked out the way it did. We were able to have a daytime, ocean view wedding at a much more affordable price. Although the venue fee only provides 3.5 hours (for a daytime wedding), it ended up being the perfect length for our wedding. I was worried it was going to be too short but it truly was the perfect amount of time. You're able to pay for additional hours but it wasn't necessary for us. The site fee includes an on site coordinator, food tastings, and all the essential rentals (chairs, tables, heat lamps, flatware, arbor, etc.)

Working with Andrii and his team made the planning process very easy. He is very organized, communicative, and professional. We felt very well taken care of and trusted he would be able to deliver our expectations for the day (and he absolutely did!).

The food is catered by the restaurant at the Museum called, Claire's. We had such a difficult time making our food selections because everything was delicious. We had gotten several compliments about the menu options at our wedding. So while you are not able to use an outside caterer, you will not be disappointed by their onsite caterer.

I could go on forever about how great our experience was at LBMA. All in all-- excellent service, excellent venue, and excellent price. You will not find an ocean view wedding venue at this price in all of Southern California. I highly recommend having your wedding or event at LBMA, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Hannah · Married on 06/17/2017

Words can't express how grateful my husband and I are to have had the wedding of our dreams at LBMA!!!! There is no other venue in the world that I would have rather had my wedding take place. Everything down to the finest details were taken care of so seamlessly by the attentive and caring staff. From food and alcohol tastings, to mapping out our tables and selecting our chairs and utensils, to the month of meeting, the LBMA staff was there listening and prepared to deliver on our big day. They provided input and guidance and were more than gracious in making sure every request of ours was met.
    A very special shout out to Adreanna and Dahnia for going ABOVE AND BEYOND to deliver and exceed our expectations. They took care of us from start to finish and treated my family as if we were their own. When Adreanna left on maternity leave, Dahnia stepped in full time and was so quick to respond to every email and phone call we had with questions regarding even the smallest details. Our experience would not have been the same had these two incredible ladies not been a huge part of making our wedding flawless. I cannot wait to return to the venue for brunch at the delicious Claire's restaurant and share our wedding book with Dahnia and Adreanna. 10/10 would recommend this venue to anyone that is looking for a beautiful and charming venue with incredibly delicious food and drinks, a stunning view of Long Beach and a staff and coordinators that will do everything possible to put you at ease not only on your wedding day, but in all of the months leading up to it as well. I am eternally grateful for all of the fond memories I will have and those that were made possible by everyone involved at LBMA.

Sent on 07/18/2017

jessica · Married on 12/20/2016

GREAT!!! Nice work....keep it up!!

Sent on 12/25/2016

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2016

From start to finish, LBMA exceeded all of our wedding expectations. The LBMA staff's professionalism and knowledge, as well as their organization, provided my husband and I with peace of mind throughout the entire wedding planning process. Adreanna was the BEST event coordinator! The day of was beautiful and flawless. Both food & drink were amazing, and nothing beats the view! We were so privileged to have our ceremony and reception at LBMA!

Sent on 11/28/2016

SoCal Wedding · Married on 09/18/2016

I cannot rave ENOUGH about Long Beach Museum of Art! I've been a wedding planner for the past 10 years and the team at LBMA is one of the absolute best that I've worked with. Every one of my couples who sees LBMA instantly falls in love (what's not to love about a waterfront view??). The food is also not only great for "wedding food", it's stellar food!! Their staff is so detailed, the customer service is unparalleled, and they're a fine tuned machine. Could not recommend them more highly!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Kristen · Married on 08/20/2016

This place and Sara are amazing!!! We had such an beautiful wedding and it was so easy!!! We couldn't have found a better venue, and trust me we looked at about 11 up and down the coast! Just simply the perfect place and they are the BEST!! Plus all our guests were blown away with everything including the food:) Don't look any where else you found it!!!

Sent on 09/09/2016

Eliud · Married on 11/20/2015

We couldn't be any happier with this location. Service, attention, and commodities were certainly on point! The view and the ambiance they provide is just breath taking!

Sent on 12/23/2015

Sarra · Married on 07/11/2015

The Long Beach Museum of Art was the perfect location for our summer wedding. We could not have asked for a more beautiful and elegant location. Besides the ocean front view, the onsite buildings are gorgeous and rich in history. LBMA is an all-inclusive experience, providing both the ceremony and reception venue, catering, and breathtaking views. They provide you with a plethora of preferred vendors, ranging from florists and Djs to transportation. If you are looking for a venue with great food, look no further. Claire's at the Museum has an excellent selection of food from the appetizers to the main course. We have eaten at the restaurant before and knew the food was incredible. The food for our wedding was amazing. The top sirloin was perfectly cooked, the chicken was tender and the salmon was perfect. We could not have asked for a better meal! The team at LBMA is phenomenal. We worked with Sara from our first meeting until the wedding day. She is professional, sweet and extremely organized!! She has an answer to literally everything. She helped us organize and shape our wedding day into the image we had in mind. She recommended vendors to us, set up food tastings and drink tastings, and answered any and all questions we had. On our wedding day she made sure everything went smoothly and without a hitch. If any problems came up, I did not know about them. She took care of everything and made sure we enjoyed every minute of our day. In the end, she was the glue that held everything together. I would highly recommend this venue. Between the amazing staff, great food and wonderful drinks, we could not have asked for a better wedding experience. I would recommend contacting vendors from the preferred vendors. They know the venue well and have worked with the coordinating team a lot in the past. Thank you LBMA and Sara for the best wedding we could have asked for!
    Sarra and Daniel

Sent on 08/18/2015

Matthew · Married on 06/13/2015

me and my wife couldn't have asked for a better venue and staff! there professionalism throughout our event was outstanding! We recommend this place for everyone's wedding

Sent on 06/28/2015
  • User6219921 · 2+ years ago

This review is woefully belated but the gratitude my husband and I have for everyone at LBMA knows no time limit. We were married there in May. The area is stunning, beautiful view of the beach and charming buildings full of great art, but the people that work there are really what stands out. I'm just going to copy below the email that we sent Sara, our venue coordinator, after our wedding because I think it sums up how great our experience was with them:

"Dear Sara and team of superheroes,

We just wanted to say THANK YOU for everything you and the whole team did to make our wedding so absolutely perfect. We were just blown away by how hard everyone worked and how unendingly nice they were, especially when the next day was another big event. Over and over me and E have said to each other how much it meant that everyone seemed really invested in making sure we had a wonderful day. The LBMA staff are our personal superheroes.

The food was somehow even better than at the tasting and the drinks were perfect. E's grandfather, who usually refuses to drink anything but Budweiser, even loved the lavender whiskey magic the bartender made (enough of it to make him dance, something else he won't do, much to E's grandmother's delight). The tent looked AMAZING, we are so lucky that we got to use it. The lighting, just everything was so lovely.

Sara, you have just been absolutely the best throughout this whole process. We always felt 110 times better after meeting with you and we could not have asked for anyone better to help shepherd us through all the madness. You are so stellar at your job, but also just a marvelous human being and well, we just think you rock.

Please let the whole team know that they have our unending gratitude for everything they did for us, especially all that we don't even know about.

With so Much Thanks,
    M & E

Sent on 01/17/2016

Mui · Married on 04/26/2015

My husband and I had our dream wedding at the Long Beach Museum of Art a few weeks ago and can’t recommend this place enough.

The venue itself is beautiful. You have the ocean backdrop, the beautiful brick buildings, and the lush grass. It’s like you’re getting all the aesthetically pleasing things you could possibly wish for. You could spin the wedding into a Nautical wedding, a garden wedding, a black tie affair. It’s just that versatile. We walked in the first time and instantly fell in love with the venue!

Sara and her staff were amazing to work with and they made up for the fact we didn't have a wedding coordinator. Sara was there for us the whole time and got us anything we needed!

There were NO hidden fees and they returned our security deposit 3 days after the wedding.

Only downfalls (they didn't really matter to us though):
    -Your event has to start by 5:30 and end by 10. Our wedding felt very short. There’s no possibility for extending the wedding because it functions as a museum in the day time and there’s a night ordinance for sound.
    -You have to use their catering services and rentals on site. However the food is delicious and the rentals went smoothly!
    -You must use their preferred vendor for valet parking. It was an additional expense we weren’t planning on (~$1000 for 150 guests) but in the end it was nice not having to try and find parking on that busy street.

Sent on 05/06/2015

Joi · Married on 04/03/2015

The LBMA was my dream venue. I never thought that it would be a reality. Having an initial meeting with the ladies of the special events team (Sara and Nalleli) they assured me that I could make this the place of my dreams. THEY WERE RIGHT! Every detail I wanted, I had. The staff was AMAZING, the epitome of customer service. I couldn't have asked for a better day. And the executive chef, Martin, is an EXTRAORDINARY chef who is personable and easy going. I'm sad my day is over because I don't get to pop in on them. Guess lunch at Claire's is in order very soon!

Sent on 04/09/2015

Mindy · Married on 10/11/2014

Nallely and her amazing team made our day spectacular! The venue itself is beautiful as is, but we were allowed to place a bit of our own flair to the place to personalize the spacet. The evening was magical and Nallely handled every little thing imaginable so as to keep the night running perfectly smooth. Her team is professional, friendly and had constant smiles on their bright and cheery faces. Claire's provided incredible food dishes, which turned out even better than we received at our food tasting. Jaime and his bartending crew created a specialized drink for the occasion. He has a knack for creating exotic concoctions out of seasonal fruits and herbs. A spectacular touch to the night.
    I don't see myself EVER getting married again, but if I do, i'd do it all over again at the Long Beach Museum of Art!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Ha · Married on 08/10/2014

We fell in love with this venue immediately. We wanted a small intimate wedding with a gorgeous view. Nallely and her staff were amazing! Nallely was very professional and helped manage our big day smoothly. Everyone was friendly and it was a pleasure to work with them. We got so many compliments on the venue and the food was deeelicious!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Kristina · Married on 08/08/2014

LBMA was where my husband and I had our first date, naturally it was the perfect spot for our wedding! Nallely (and of course all the other people, like Adreanna) were so incredibly helpful, knowledgeable and caring! They were ALWAYS friendly (even while getting stressed out calls from *cough* a stressed out bride). The wedding was smooth with them keeping us on time. We were so thankful to have them and would recommend the LBMA to anyone having a wedding in Southern California!

Sent on 08/26/2014

Julianne · Married on 05/24/2014

When looking for venues for our reception (we got married in a Catholic church) I wanted something more unique than your typical hotel ballroom. As soon as I visited LBMA, I knew it was perfect! The beautiful ocean view and unique location was just right for my reception. After the wedding, guest continuously commented about how beautiful/unique/amazing/perfect the LBMA was! I was so happy to hear they loved it as much as I did! Not only is it beautiful, the staff is amazing! We worked with both Sara and Andrea and they were so nice and helpful and accommodating through the entire wedding planning process, and on the day of! They couldn't have been better! Overall it was definitely a 5+ star experience and I highly recommend it!

Sent on 06/26/2014

Steve · Married on 04/04/2014

The Long Beach MOA was the absolute perfect place to have our big day! They have the perfect combination of the two biggest things when looking at venues...the venue itself being beautiful and the venue's staff being helpful. We were highly impressed with both as the venue is very gorgeous and unique and our coordinators Sara and Nallely were amazing! They both were extremely important to us and helped us out greatly through all the planning leading up to and then on the actual day of. We couldn't have had such a wonderful and memorable wedding without them and it allowed us to be confident through all the stages of our wedding and make the most of everything. Thank you so much for all your hard work! The LBMOA and all the staff there will always have a memorable place in out hearts not just because we said 'I Do' there but because of all the amazing memories that were created and people we met along the way!

Sent on 05/20/2014

Rita · Married on 02/15/2014

The staff at LBMA was amazing. I have never worked with such professional and kind people before. They were very flexible with what we needed and made sure everything was perfect. They made our day so special and it is a day we will never forget! We had so many complaints on the venue - truly amazing!!!

I would highly recommend this venue and especially Sara and Nallely.

Sent on 04/22/2014

Samantha · Married on 10/11/2013

I have nothing but great things to say about this venue. It was a perfect location to have both the ceremony and reception in one place, and the view is amazing! They are very accommodating to your budget and schedule, and the staff alone was impeccable! They have a bridal & groom suite at separate housings in one location, and the bridal suite was in the main historic mansion. They provided bucket of beers for the boys and a bottle of champagne with cheese and fruit platter for the ladies! We ordered more from the menu and the food is absolutely delish!

They allowed groom photography to take place in the museum and I can't wait to see them!! The staff was helpful throughout the whole 10 month process, and they went above and beyond with their services. Sara and her team was amazing with our dog as well. They made the day of stress free and everything went smoothly even in the sudden temperature drop that week! They filled in the gaps seamlessly and I was very impressed!! I would do it all over again with them but thank goodness it's a one time thing for us because we didn't hire a wedding planner. However, they did a superb job following through and stepping it up as event coordinators. I adore them!! I can't wait to go back just to say hello. We're now part of the LBMA family! :)

Sent on 11/02/2013

Jeff · Married on 09/21/2013

It was the most amazing day for us. Everything that we talked to Sara about was executed flawlessly. The food was delicious and the staff was so attentive. Sara and Nallaly were at our event overseeing every detail throughout the day.

So happy!!!!!