Liz Zimbelman Photography Reviews

Liz Zimbelman Photography 2
Liz Zimbelman Photography 3
Liz Zimbelman Photography 4

Briana Troutner · Married on 10/07/2018

Amazing Photographer and Person!

I can't say enough about how amazing Liz is! I've been in the Wedding Industry for over 5 years, and have worked with her on countless weddings and seen a variety of her photos. Before I was engaged, I told her that I wanted her to be my photographer because I knew she was one of the best! Immediately after my now husband and I announced to our families about our engagement, I contacted Liz to hold our date.

Liz is hilarious, caring, fun, sweet, and makes any one feel comfortable behind the camera. She has such a great eye and notices beauty in places that others may not! We love that we were able to have an engagement photo session with her before our wedding, so she could capture our personalities. We love her romantic, soft, and airy photography style, and know these photos will be something we always smile and look back on!

We're so thankful that she was part of our vendor team, and we can't wait to get an album of our beautiful wedding day!

Sent on 10/18/2018
    Liz Zimbelman Photography 5
    Liz Zimbelman Photography 6
    Liz Zimbelman Photography 7

Jesse · Married on 11/11/2017

We only had spoken with 1 other photographer when we found Liz! She was so personable and funny, not to mention she took time out of her family vacation to speak with us, and we hit it off right away! After my now husband and I hung up our Facetime call, we looked and each other and knew right away that she was the photographer for us!

Her style isn't as posed or rigid as others and she doesn't do those dumb poses so many other photographers do. The engagement session she did produced work beyond our wildest dreams and the 2 preview photos we've seen from the wedding have blown us away! We had so much fun together and I cannot WAIT to see our all of our final photos!

THANK YOU, Liz! We love you!!!

Sent on 12/01/2017

Jenna · Married on 10/14/2017

Stop looking for a photographer, cross it off your to-do's because Liz is IT. I am riding a high because I just received my wedding photos and I've been ugly/happy crying for most of the day looking at them. What do I say that is straight to the point so you can know just how amazing this woman is? Let's see... because the list is endless. She's professional to a fault. This woman is timely, she knows her stuff like the back of her hand, she's a natural, she makes you feel great (even when you have no idea what you're doing). Liz is so funny and charismatic. She make the experience FUN! These are photos you are going to look at, your children will look at and theirs after that. I knew from the moment we hired Liz she was the right decision but man, she exceeded ALL of our expectations and then some. Photos to me, were of the utmost importance and am so grateful to Liz for this special gift. Book her fast- she's the best.

Sent on 12/17/2017
    Liz Zimbelman Photography 8

Nancy · Married on 10/13/2017

Liz is the BEST!

Liz is the GOAT!! Her work is amazing!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Susie · Married on 05/13/2017

Liz is the ABSOLUTE best at what she does. The quality of her work is incredible and she makes the experience so fun and lighthearted. Well worth it!

Sent on 01/28/2017

Christen · Married on 08/13/2016

Hands down, Liz is the BEST photographer my husband and I have ever seen and worked with. (And we're picky!!) From the moment we met Liz, we knew we wanted her to shoot our wedding. She has such a contagious personality - warm, friendly, outgoing, funny, and man does she know her stuff. My husband is not particularly fond of taking photos, (is any guy really??) but Liz did such an amazing job of making us both feel comfortable and relaxed. The photos she took, both for our engagement session and wedding, are some of the best photos I've ever seen. They are all "real" - not the stuffy, fake, posed kind. You truly feel like you are there when you look back at what she took. She captured our day in a way I didn't even know was possible. I am so pleased and so thankful we met her, and I would recommend her to anyone 100%. And I cannot wait to have her shoot our future maternity, baby, and family photos. Do not search any farther for a photographer- call Liz!! You will not be disappointed. :)

Sent on 08/25/2016

Christie · Married on 09/12/2015

What can I say? But just amazing work done my Liz. She really makes you comfortable during her shoots. Plus she is funny!! We were worried on how to pose in front of the camera, it just feels awkward, but Liz just makes it so simple, she guided us through the whole posing part. She is very talented with her camera and really give it her best, she climbs, squat, kneel, lay on the floor just so she can take awesome pictures.She took awesome pictures on our wedding day, she really captured our wedding how we wanted it, a celebration of our love with friends and family. Best decision ever made!

Sent on 02/15/2016

MARIA · Married on 07/10/2015

You want to be excited when you see your photos? You hire Liz Zimbelman. She can give you that feeling of, "Oh many, these are amazing." Liz has the eye and the talent for creating lasting images that you will be able to enjoy forever.

We loved our engagement and wedding photos so much that we decided to have Liz shoot our 1 year anniversary photos and most likely are photos for every anniversary if she isn't already booked up.

You will definitely not be disappointed when booking Liz. She is not only an amazing photographer she has a great personality that will make you and your significant other smile and sometimes laugh at her many jokes. Book Liz now. If you still need proof just check out her photos on her website or FB.

Sent on 08/16/2016
  • Brandi

Brandi · Married on 04/11/2015

Booking Liz as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions my husband and I ever made! I found out about Liz from a friend of mine who was also one of her clients. I had already spent hours looking for a wedding photographer, but when my friend showed me her engagement photos I instantly fell in love with her style of photography and the beauty of the photos she took. It is obvious from first glance that Liz has a true gift for photography and really enjoys her work. I have received countless compliments on my engagement photos and the few 'teaser' photos she has already posted from my wedding last weekend. Don't book Liz if you can't handle all the attention you will get from your beautiful photos! ;]

Apart from being a great photographer and producing gorgeous photos, Liz is just a fun person to be around! I was nervous about being in front of the camera in busy downtown Sacramento for our engagement shoot, but after a few minutes with Liz and her infectious personality I had forgotten all about being nervous! The day of the wedding she was even better. As any bride would be the day of her wedding, I was feeling a little on edge because my groom wasn't at the venue on time, hair and make up was taking longer than planned, and family was stressing both me and my new husband out. Liz kept me calm by assuring me we had plenty of time for photos and that everything would work out fine, and offered to send our family away so my husband and I could take photos without the stress from our families showing on our faces. I don't know if all wedding photographers are that way, but I really appreciated working with Liz, who treats you like you're a friend rather than a paycheck. Even my bridesmaids told me being shot by Liz was a lot of fun!

Bottom line, I CANNOT wait to get all my wedding photos because I know that Liz has done a wonderful job capturing all the details and important moments from my special day and I would recommend her again and again!

Sent on 04/21/2015

Liz Zimbelman Photography's reply:

OMG!!! This review almost had me in tears! Thank you so so much Brandi! You and Paul are so wonderful and I loved hanging out with you two and it was just a bonus that you guys happened to be my clients. I am so moved by your kind words. I don't even know what to say but THANK YOU!!!

Chris · Married on 04/10/2015

Liz Zimbelman is simply the best. She is honest and professional in all the work she does. She works hard to make sure everything is perfect. She is a true artist and will do anything she can to make your experience fun and easy.

Sent on 12/03/2014

Larissa · Married on 11/22/2014

Earlier this year, my husband and I were researching bay area photographers on Google and Liz was by far our number one choice. Her use of natural lighting and overall style of photography fit what we were looking for. When my husband and I met with her at a coffee shop and hit it off—she was talented, professional, direct and, as a bonus, HILARIOUS! Liz’s eye for great lighting and scenery and her unfaltering determination to get the perfect shot is evident in her work and she is no doubt a pleasure to work with. My husband and I were completely at ease for both our engagement and wedding photo sessions and could not be happier about booking Liz to cover the most important moment of our lives thus far. We would definitely recommend Liz and look forward to finding reasons to book her in the future. Thank you so much Liz and team!!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Charlene · Married on 07/26/2014

Picking a great photographer was one of the most important things to me. I searched hours upon hours to make sure I found the perfect one. Liz was that AND more! She went above and beyond in every aspect.

When I first met Liz we went to coffee and sat there talking for hours. I felt like we had been best friends for years. She is so light hearted and easy going! I knew that I had nothing to worry about. She did our engagement photos and our wedding. She showed up to our engagement session full of energy and jokes! She made us feel so comfortable and we couldn't stop laughing. We got to the end of our session and the last outfit - I put on my outfit and I asked her what she thought. Liz hesitated a little, but eventually told me that the shirt I had on wouldn't look good on camera because it was too dark. So, she gave me the shirt right off her back and just buttoned up her jacket. Any photographer willing to give you their shirt is a keeper! I decided from that point on she must be the BEST photographer in the world. About 2 weeks later I got an email with all our engagement photos. I couldn't believe how fast she was - I was more than happy with the results and couldn't wait for her to shoot our big day.

July 26 came & Mrs. Liz showed up early & ready to get to work! She did such an amazing job - she got every detail possible. The photos from our wedding were beyond breathtaking and we still have people telling us how great they look. These are memories that we can look back on and some day our children can look at! Capturing every moment and every detail is something I can't forget because I have pictures to always reminisce on. The best part about Liz - she gives you all the photos. If you are looking for a photographer that has an eye for detail, beauty shots and captures the light in ways you can't describe... you've found her. You can't put a price on memories!

Sent on 12/04/2014

Kacy · Married on 05/03/2014

Liz was absolutely wonderful and so easy and fun to be around. Having a photographer that is funny and able to keep everyone in a good mood is a must, and Liz is just that! She is so outgoing and full of life and energy. I would definitely recommend Liz to anyone needing wedding photos, engagement photos or any other photos you might need. Liz is that person who will dedicate herself to you whole-heartedly and you will receive nothing but the best. Her creativity and enthusiasm are only a few of her many attributes and you should definitely meet this talented photographer!!

Sent on 05/29/2014

Michael · Married on 03/27/2014

Overall, my wife and I had a great experience in having Liz as our wedding photographer. We were looking for a talented photographer who could work with our situation, as our wedding was "spur of the moment", and having contacted Liz only one day prior to our wedding she far exceeded our expectations! Liz was fun, personable and very professional and we couldn't be happier with the way our photos turned out. I would recommend Liz for anyone wanting high quality, unique photos for any event!

Sent on 04/12/2014

Jenny · Married on 12/27/2013

This lovely lady is absolutely incredible in many more ways than one. Liz did both our engagement and wedding photos. We had so much fun during our engagement session. She made us feel so comfortable, and we were laughing practically the whole time. We had looked at photos in her portfolio beforehand so we knew our photos were going to be good, but we were completely thrilled with the finished product. We have never looked so good! The photos were so creative and well done. There were also so many to choose from. On the morning of the wedding day, Liz was there to document myself and the bridesmaids getting ready. You wouldn't have even noticed her, she was great at letting us just do our thing and the end result was fabulous. She had tons of great ideas for poses later in the day for the bridesmaids, groomsmen and myself and my husband. The wedding and reception was very much the same as the morning of, she was so good at capturing everything so naturally, which is exactly what we wanted. I can't say enough good things about the photos. We will treasure them for the rest of our lives.

Not only is Liz an amazingly talented photographer, she is very professional and responsive to any questions or concerns. I loved working with her! You will be beyond pleased to have her as your photographer.

Sent on 04/12/2014

Abby · Married on 10/06/2013

(A little late but better late than never.)

My husband and I were fortunate enough to hire Liz to do our wedding invitations for our wedding. I was looking for someone who did custom invitations because I was going for a very specific design and theme (Alice in Wonderland). I explained to Liz what I envisioned and she delivered 100%. The invitations came out perfect and looked EXACTLY how we wanted them. She nailed the colors, the font, and the design. It took many emails back & forth to reach the final product, but she was ALWAYS easy to contact and easy to communicate with.

The material she used was awesome! The paper was not cheap at all. It just made all the difference in the world when we were choosing the types of paper & material. She was an expert and was able to guide us in the right direction towards the final product.

She always kept it professional and was very flexible with meeting times and payments. I honestly had/have no regrets or complaints. Seeing as she told us that we would be one her last invitation clients, we felt very lucky that we were even able to work with her.

Invitations are the first impressions to your wedding and all of our guests were blown away. We received countless compliments on them from the day they went out till now. I'm just overall thankful.

Sent on 07/25/2014

Kristine · Married on 09/22/2013

Liz was absolutely amazing, from the moment we met! We met and talked about what I wanted for my wedding and she delivered. She was on time and she knew which direction she wanted to go into with our wedding. She was so creative! Our wedding pictures are more than I could have asked for! I have recommended her to friends and when people ask about our pictures I don't hesitant on giving them her number! Best wedding photographer!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Sarah · Married on 09/14/2013

LIZ IS AMAZING!!! I was so impressed with her professionalism and ability to make the entire process so effortless. I didn't have to worry about a thing. Her creativity was so inspiring she even got my husband excited to take photos and that's a challenge. The photos were so stunning and I was 100% pleased with everything, and can't rave about her work enough.

Sent on 10/30/2013

Patricia · Married on 08/31/2013

Future Brides & Grooms, If you want to capture your special moments, you should really take a look at Liz's photography!! She works her magic and enhances those moments you want to remember forever. You will thank me later, you're welcome :) Liz, again thank you for everything!! You truly did an amazing job and I will treasure these photos FOREVER. I would give more than 5 stars!!! <3

Do NOT pass up this opportunity of a life time!! You will want those moments captured by LIZ. PURE MAGIC!!! :)

Sent on 09/03/2013

Christian · Married on 06/01/2013

Liz is such a fun creative photographer! Not only does she make you comfortable in front of the camera but her work honestly speaks for itself! She is awesome!!

Sent on 06/07/2013
  • Trisha

Trisha · Married on 05/19/2013

Liz was our photographer for our engagement sessions and wedding. She was very professional, yet very personable and made you feel very comfortable. She listened to what you wanted and also incorporated many of her creative ideas. On my wedding day, she focused on you, without being in the way. Our pictures turned out amazing and many of our friends and family have complimented how beautiful they came out. All of my precious moments were captured thanks to her! One of the best things to invest in is a fabulous photographer for your wedding and I'm so glad Liz was our photographer. Check her out, you won't regret it!

Sent on 06/09/2013

Heather · Married on 05/18/2013

It was OUR pleasure to have Liz as our photographer! Besides being extremely talented, she is one of the sweetest people ever! Highly professional and a joy to have with us on our special day!

Sent on 06/09/2013

Beth · Married on 02/17/2013

Liz was very easy to talk too! Super fun and creative best describes Liz. She's great at incorporating what we want into the photos and also suggested great ideas on how to incorporate things or places that meant something to us into our photos as well. She's a great listener and we are very lucky we found her! If you go with her you will not regret it one bit!! She's FABULOUS!

Sent on 06/21/2013

Amber · Married on 10/06/2012

Liz is amazing. From our very first meeting, all the way through our big day, I felt absolute confidence in her skills and professionalism. She captured moments I didn't even think about and produced beautiful images I'll always cherish.

Sent on 06/21/2013
  • Nabella

Nabella · Married on 09/15/2012

Liz is an amazing photographer hands down!! I can't thank her enough for everything she has done for our wedding. She truly has become a good friend after working with her, she has the skills and professionalism to match her work but also has a warm and friendly personality to make anyone feel welcome. I would recommend her to all my family and friends in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/14/2013