Livinh Events Reviews

Livinh Events 7
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazingggg!

I cannot say enough how amazing Vinh and his company are! I worked with Vinh to plan my wedding, and had DJ Joseph assigned as my DJ. First off, Vinh and Joseph are both just all around amazing people and I hope I can see them again when I visit Vegas in the future. They were both absolutely fantastic to work with-professional, responsive- and I asked a lot of them! I had a separate ceremony set up and the venue also required 2 DJ set ups for the reception. I also got up-lighting and cold spark machines through Vinh. They also supply cool colorful lights over the dance floor area, which really make it feel like a party. Everything worked flawlessly! I had surprise performances from Elvis and a Chinese lion dance troupe. I planned a couple of surprise karaoke performances to sing to my groom that required special songs. Vinh and Joseph helped me execute all of this according to plan. Joseph turned my reception into the absolute party of my dreams! He made time to meet with me at my venue twice before the wedding and to have several calls. Even with working with him so much in the months leading up to the wedding, I ended up giving him all of my preferences and music requests very last minute, but he absolutely killed it. Plus he is an amazing emcee and super skilled at mixing music. Joseph and Vinh made me feel like they really cared about me and what I wanted. I told them what I wanted and they made it happen, and made it even better than I ever could have imagined. They helped bring my vision to life, and I can’t thank them enough!!

Sent on 06/29/2019
    Livinh Events 8
    Livinh Events 9
    Livinh Events 10
    Livinh Events 11
  • Roanna Aimee

Roanna Aimee · Married on 01/18/2019

Vinh- Our Amazing DJ

To say that Vinh is amazing is a total understatement! Vinh was INCREDIBLE, and made our wedding day literally the best day of our lives. These words alone don’t do enough justice to capture how wonderful Vinh is.

I can still remember like yesterday the stress of wedding planning and the anxiety of trying to put together the right key players to make your day. The day we met Vinh - we KNEW we chose the right person. With his bright and colorful personality, it wasn’t difficult to decide if we wanted to hire him. He drove from Orange County to San Diego...just to meet us in person and discuss his services. That alone showed us his dedication to deliver something of quality, and also - his loyalty to a prospective client. I’ll never take that for granted after coming across many other vendors with empty promises. Vinh, never, not once ever, let us down. We booked him the very day we met him, and as my husband and I walked away from that meeting something in us felt right and we knew we were in for something great.

Each meeting thereafter was easy and convenient. Up there with his easygoing character is his professionalism, there was so much ease in planning our timeline and the music to go with. Amidst the stress of wedding planning, I always felt at ease after a meeting with Vinh. Not only just ease and reassurance, but excitement at what was to come. Now what bride or groom doesn’t want that in the middle of their planning? What was wonderful was Vinh’s way of getting to know and understand us. He’s got a very unique skill of being able to read his couple and know what vibe we’re going for...and we were ready for an epic celebration of high energy, and non-stop fun.

The day of the wedding was nothing short of perfect. I know that sounds far fetched and exaggerated, but it’s not. It was perfect. Vinh and our wedding planner had a very large contribution to the seamless execution of our day. He came for both the ceremony and reception, which was perfect. He greeted our guests and played every song we requested right on time. Our cocktail hour was beautiful, with songs that represented Anthony and myself. And for the reception, gosh, this is where Vinh truly shone.

All of our guests were so hyped during our grand entrance as my husband and I danced our way into a sea of lights and a blur of a hundred seventy smiling faces standing and cheering us on. I still remember standing in the center of the dance floor surrounded by the people I love the most and hearing Vinh’s voice telling us to look around and feeling so overly saturated with love. I’ll never forget how epic that moment was to dance and twirl our way into the reception when at the drop of our song choice.

The entire reception was incredible. I don’t ever remember and awkward silence or lull in time during the entire night. Vinh made the entire night so interactive and fun with games, and I feel like in between crying, there was so much laughing because he was so entertaining. From an epic dance battle to learning how to disco and watching Vinh get down with our loved ones...the entire night was spectacular!

It’s been a few weeks after our wedding and I’m still flooded with compliments about our wedding with people saying, “your wedding was THE best wedding I have ever been to, and YOUR DJ is amazing!” Everyone has come to me telling me how much fun they had, how much love they felt, and how a large contribution was from Vinh and his ability to keep the party going and elevate the moments that were special, fun, and funny. Our dance floor was never empty or barren. To my surprise it was full every second until we went off for our grand exit!

If you’re a bride and groom in search of your DJ, bear in mind who you choose will make or break your day. You don’t get to re-do your wedding day. People say, “it’s only one day.” But it’s ONE incredible, and special day! The DJ makes a lot of your special moments so much more special, or at least Vinh did for us. You can tell he loves what he does by how he delivers on your special day. I can’t say, we would’ve been able to find anyone else who was more passionate, caring, easygoing, professional, and so extremely entertaining than Vinh. To us, Vinh wasn’t just another vendor or just our DJ. His investment in us was so special it was just as if he was a part of our wedding party, and to be honest, we wouldn’t have it any other way. I would recommend Vinh to anyone in a heartbeat, without a second thought.

Sent on 02/14/2019
    Livinh Events 20
    Livinh Events 21
    Livinh Events 22

Samantha · Married on 11/03/2018

Super nice wish I could have afforded him. His videos are amazing and so nice to talk to via email

Sent on 05/25/2018

Annie · Married on 09/21/2018

We couldn't have chosen a better DJ for our wedding then Vinh! He was exactly what we were looking for to entertain our guests. We wanted someone that was easy going, laid back and fun. Vinh was all of that and more! He took the time to meet up with us to gather any important items we wanted for our ceremony to the reception. He communicated to us from start to end and made sure that our timeline was met throughout the entire day. Coming from a big family we wanted to incorporate songs from both sides of our family and Vinh made sure it was done seamlessly. We loved his energy and how he transitioned to each event. Even had a few games to allow our guests to let loose and have fun. We still get compliments till this day about the music we played and how Vinh kept them on the dance floor all night long! Thank you Vinh for keeping the dance floor hot! - Annie & Nate

Sent on 10/14/2018

julie · Married on 08/25/2018

DJ Vinh was great as a DJ and MC at our wedding. We weren't entirely clear what all a wedding DJ was responsible for and originally we were going to just have friends who were professional musicians take care of the music but we were SO happy we went with Vinh at the end of the day. In addition to handling the music – which we were very particular about since we wanted different moods for each stage of the ceremony & reception – he also really brought a lot of energy to the various parts of the reception program. During the more sentimental moments he helped make sure people were seated and did amazing introductions for the speeches. Plus for the high energy moments, he got people up off their feet...and he really knew how to set the dance party off. His DJ packages were also reasonably priced when comparing with other DJs...and his style and enthusiasm ended up being the perfect fit for our wedding.

Sent on 09/17/2018
    Livinh Events 23
    Livinh Events 24
    Livinh Events 25
    Livinh Events 26

LC · Married on 06/24/2018

Quality of Service: AMAZING!

If you want high energy, someone who is passionate about music and doing what they love...stop reading and just book Vinh.

I was nervous about my family not dancing because their age range is from 6 years old to 75 years old.

Vinh had my family dancing for 2 hours straight! He played boy band faves, sing alongs, new wave, to hip hop and turned up with EDM.

It was eclectic but it flowed perfectly. My family could not stop talking about our engagement party and now everyone is so hyped up for our wedding day!

He really helped set the tone for what is to come for our big day!

Responsiveness - emails were answered very quickly. If I needed song suggestions, he would help me nail the right song. He would suggest games and other elements to create a unique event

Value - worth every penny. There are DJs that just press and play, look bored and ready to go home. Vinh genuinely had fun with our guests, got on the dance floor with us, and really showed us a great time. If he wasn't a DJ, he would definitely make an amazing guest who can hype up your guests lol.

Thank you Vinh for making us so excited for what is to come. Our event's success really relied on you. You did not disappoint! My Mom is hard to impress and she could not stop bragging about our party and how much fun we all had on the dance floor. Thanks for all that you do! You bring so much happiness to the world!

Sent on 07/11/2018
    Livinh Events 32
    Livinh Events 33
    Livinh Events 34

Stephanie · Married on 03/24/2018

Vinh was amazing! Not only the night of the wedding but throughout the whole planning process. He met with us to personally go over our timeline and playlist. He executed everything perfectly the day of the wedding and people were on the dance floor until the very last second of the wedding!

Sent on 04/30/2018
  • I

Irene · Married on 03/18/2018

Don't settle, and book everything as early as possible.

Sent on 03/25/2018

Laura · Married on 03/17/2018

We hired Vinh to DJ our wedding in Las Vegas and I am so grateful that I did! Vinh is an amazing DJ who gets everyone on the dance floor and keeps them there. Our reception was very long, but people were dancing for five straight hours, which is no small feat. We gave Vinh very vague guidelines as far as what we wanted, but he nailed it. Our guests kept coming up to us during the wedding to tell us that the DJ was great. This included our 55+ year-old family members and our friends, who are in their late 20's/early 30's. Let's just say that Vinh's appeal transcends age and background.

Not only was the music selection on point, but the volume levels and sound quality were also very appropriate. For example, the music during the dinner still allowed for conversation and did not irritate my elderly guests. The volume of the dance music was higher to allow for more energy, but it did not hurt anyone's ears. We also hired Vinh for our ceremony so that our Elvis could use Vinh's equipment. The sound quality was great; the guests could hear what was being said and record it on their phones with ease.

Aside from music, Vinh also served a critical role of directing the guests and keeping the flow of the reception. For example, he reminded the guests about the wedding favors, guest book, and photo booth and got them on and off the dance floor when needed. He accommodated all my weird ideas, such as my custom couple introduction song (a blend of the Falcon's Rise Up song and the Buffalo Bills Shout song). Vinh even helped me surprise my husband with my Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson cardboard cutout mock "first look". (I covered my husband's eyes and then unveiled the cutout while Vinh played the Rock's WWE intro song). Vinh even danced with our guests a bit when we did fun slides an shuffle dances.

In short: YOU MUST HIRE VINH!!! HE IS THE BEST!!!

Sent on 03/21/2018

Amanda · Married on 03/03/2018

Absolutely amazing! We had Vinh do our wedding and we had scouted our several more expensive vendors. Vinh exceeded our expectations and helped all our guests have an amazing time! To his credit we still have guests of our wedding tell us we had the best DJ they have seen at a wedding and it is months later! We are from Minnesota and huge Vikings fans. Vinh had the idea to exit doing the skol chant. It was amazing and we have even sent it in to the Vikings team! We would not have had the wedding of our dreams without a packed dance floor! Vinh made that happen for us and we will be eternally grateful! We would recommend him to anyone who wants a personal spectacular experience!!!!

Sent on 04/16/2018
    Livinh Events 35
    Livinh Events 36

Michelle · Married on 03/03/2018

Vinh is AWESOME!!!!!!! Our wedding was an absolute BLAST and he was a huge part of that! Not only was the music great, but he was a great MC! He might have even slipped a bit of comedian in there, too! He also prepped us well and so when the day came, there weren't questions on what we should and shouldn't play, who can and cannot request things, etc. Vinh is super enthusiastic about what he does, and it resonates! HANDS DOWN, YOU WON'T REGRET IT, YOU MUST HIRE VINH FOR YOUR WEDDING OR ANY EVENT!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/08/2018
    Livinh Events 37

Kristin · Married on 02/24/2018

DJ Vinh definitely exceeded our expectation. He’s a major part on making our wedding the best it can be. He’s very entertaining, lively, and fun! Everybody had a good time! Thank you!!

Sent on 04/16/2018

kate · Married on 01/14/2018

My wedding was in January 2018, so I am extremely late writing this, I hate writing reviews and I would put it off as much as possible, so it means a lot if I am posting this. I knew Vinh Phillip for a very long time and I knew he's very good at his job, but I had NOOOO idea how bad ass he was until my wedding. I can still remember my wedding like it was yesterday, it was that good. My friends told me my wedding was one of the best weddings they've ever been to and some even told me months later can you please get married again, we want another party. Lol I want to have another wedding just so that I can have Philip DJ again lol.
    I had over 200 guests and over 100 of them are dancers, so I knew I didn't want just your average wedding or hire a mediocre DJ, my wedding was half Persian and half Chinese, I wanted my wedding to be different and unique. I am a dancer and I had a lot of professional dancers that had danced all over the world, so when I was shopping for a DJ and MC, I knew I wanted someone to take my wedding to another level. After watching one of Philip's videos, I knew he's the ONE!! Philip was so easy to work with and he gave me suggestions on music and helped me modify my time line, with having Philip I knew I didn't have to worry about music or entertainment. On the day of my wedding, Philip came early to set up and I told him, I trust his expertise and just do his magic.
    If I could give Philip 10 stars I would, he was so creative, instead of the usual kissing contest, my dancers performed shows for us. It was so AMAZING and fun!! Philip had all my guests vamped up and everyone were out on the dance floor, and boy did we closed the venue down.I told all my friends, don't look any further because he will make you're wedding worth a million dollars, for sure if he Dj's for you, you're wedding is one you won't ever forget.

Sent on 10/07/2018
  • Jae-Ane

Jae-Ane · Married on 11/18/2017

We LOVED DJ Vinh! He took the time to meet with us and go over all of the details that were important to us. It was very important for us to have a party atmosphere and he did just that. He had great recommendations on fun elements that I would have never thought to do. There wasn't a single minute that the dance floor wasn't full of people dancing. He stayed true to our vision and played all our favorite songs even though we didn't have a chance to provide a song list. One thing my husband did not want was line dances but Vinh read the crowd, approached us before playing it and it was hit! He was even out there dancing! What a great night!

Sent on 01/18/2018
    Livinh Events 38
    Livinh Events 39

Tomiko · Married on 10/07/2017

We are so happy that we picked this company for a DJ at our wedding. Since Vinh was unable to personally do the wedding, he referred Brandon as another choice through his company! What an awesome DJ he was! We had non stop dancing and everyone had a blast! Even our names on the wall was a great touch! We highly recommend them!!

Sent on 12/11/2017
    Livinh Events 47
    Livinh Events 48
    Livinh Events 49

Casey · Married on 10/07/2017

What can we say about Vinh, except you will regret not having him at your event. We experienced what he had to offer at another wedding, and we knew we wanted him at our event, that we asked him right then and there. He did not disappoint! He went above and beyond what we asked for and made our wedding day amazing! He was accommodating through and through and that's what makes him the best. He listened to what we were looking for and brought his A game to the wedding. Livinh Events provides an experience more than a service. Vinh was our DJ, emcee, he helped up with props, photo booths, lighting, timing and more. He made our night one worthy of remembering. In our meetings, he listened to what we needed, offered his own thoughts, and was flexible with regards to time and cost. We highly recommend Livinh Events for your next event, and especially ask for Vinh if you can. Thank you for an amazing memory that will live with us forever.

Sent on 05/26/2018
    Livinh Events 50
    Livinh Events 51
    Livinh Events 52
    Livinh Events 53

Alex · Married on 09/17/2017

Vihn was amazing DJ and kept our guests dancing all night. Several people told me it was the most fun reception/dance they had ever been too! We even had a few friends try to bribe him to keep playing when the reception was coming to an end.

I had made a ton of requests and had very particular music preferences- Vihn did an awesome job putting everything together and making it flow. He transitioned seamlessly from country slow songs to hip hop and sprinkled in some Britney & J Lo. He also made some amazing additions, some of which I had never heard before but absolutely loved!

We had friends be our MCs (a Canadian tradition) and Vihn did an awesome job collaborating with them to help bring their ideas to life.

Sent on 10/01/2017

AL · Married on 06/24/2017

This DJ was awesome great music and MC knew exactly what to do to make it a great experience.

Sent on 07/08/2017

James · Married on 05/28/2017

Perfect experience. When you're having a destination wedding things become very stressful and complicated, but everything was easy and seamless with Vinh. He researched our venue, floor plan, spoke with our planners and communicated amazingly well with us. He recommended a lighting package and ordered custom glow sticks for our wedding. He isn't your run of mill DJ. Everything was custom and made our dream wedding perfect!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Michelle · Married on 05/28/2017

I found Vinh after an exhaustive search of trying to find someone different than your average wedding dj. I am so glad I didn't give up because he made the night so special! I had a destination wedding in Arizona, and By the time the wedding came and I met him for the first time, I felt like I had already known him for years. My husband and I are huge into going to different clubs /venues/festivals to see our favorite djs perform, so we knew we had to include our love for dance culture and music into the wedding and Vinh was exactly that fusion for us! He was exciting and got the party started, but then knew exactly when to step aside and let the guests and my husband and I shine! We loved the additional glow sticks like they give out in Vegas clubs, and the uplighting package was the perfect touch. Our tribute to Above and Beyond and their 'push the button' theme was something I had talked to Vinh about as a surprise for our guests- he did the proper research, prepared the music and it is a special highlight that people will be talking about for years! No need to look further, Livinh Events ends the search for the best dj available. I look forward to maintaining a relationship for years to come, see you soon Vinh!

Sent on 07/09/2017

James · Married on 05/27/2017

My wife and I were planning our 50th wedding Anniversary for the past year. One of our uncertainties was the music at the reception. DJ was spectacular in his choice of the music and his active participation especially for the younger generation that attended. DJ made the anniversary a truly memorable experience for us. Highly recommended without reservation.
    James L. Roscetti, M.D.
    Lorna M. Roscetti

Sent on 06/26/2017

Jocelynn · Married on 05/20/2017

Philip "DJ Vinh" is not only one of the best DJ/MC i've ever come across but he's also an amazing friend.

When I started to research vendors in Hawaii for DJs (where we live) and the only DJ who kept popping in my head was Vinh. (Thanks to his live DJ sessions he'd do on Facebook.) After realizing we wouldn't be satisfied with anyone else, We decided on Vinh!

Throughout the whole process, Vinh was very professional and attentive to our what budget was and our genre of music. Months prior to our wedding, he would update us on his flight dates so we knew when we would expect him to arrive. Couple days before our wedding, we met with him and another vendor to go over our timeline and when I say it was energy from the beginning to end - its no exaggeration! We got so hyped at our meet up that we couldn't wait for our wedding!

OH MY GOD! Our wedding day! Words cannot describe how thankful I am for having Vinh as our DJ/MC. When i say he did the damn thing, HE DID THE DAMN THING! One of things I consulted with Vinh was that we didn't want our guest to be bored but let me tell you - the energy he gave had all of our guest in an amazing mood. I've had so many guest say it was the best wedding they've gone to - primarily  because of how amazing our MC was!

One of the highlights of our night was during one of our games we played. My husband's cousin actually caught Vinh mid air!! LOL. If it wasn't one of the most hilarious things I've ever witnessed.

All in all, Vinh went above and beyond to make our wedding the greatest night ever and he delivered beyond what we expected of him. He was able to get different generations of our families on the dance floor allowing everyone to have a great night! He was definitely worth flying home to Hawaii but then again HE IS THE EPITOME OF ALL DJs!

Sent on 10/12/2017
    Livinh Events 54
    Livinh Events 55
    Livinh Events 56

Heidi · Married on 05/13/2017

DJ Vinh is really awesome! Not just my words, but all our guests attend our wedding banquet said the same. DJ Vinh is cheerful, professional, energetic, creative, and fun. He is extremely well liked. All our guests includes kids, young professionals, and older sedentary individuals, even my grandma loved him. He is a great DJ and MC, knows how to stir the atmosphere while making it warm, romantic, fun and friendly. He even managed to use his magic stick to poke some sedentary bears to move up to the dance floor. Also colors of up-lighting, size of Gobo were very well chosen to match everything! We are very impressed by DJ Vinh!

Sent on 05/26/2017

Lisa · Married on 05/07/2017

Reserved Vinh as our wedding DJ two weeks before the wedding (recommendation by our wedding coordinator at Bali Golf Club). In those two weeks, Vinh was able to get a sense of our personalities and gave us the best party of our lives! To my surprise, Vinh stopped by our rehearsal to meet us. I am glad he did, because it was the perfect opportunity for him to touch base with my coordinator, photographer and myself.

Vinh gets the crowd going! He is funny, goofy and personable! It is his mission to deliver on what you want from your DJ/MC. He is open to ideas. He even attempted to practice his non-existence Vietnamese for us (his idea)! He suggested an unique grand entrance as well! Got all our guests all hyped up! My guests did not leave the dance floor unless it was for a drink. Multiple guests could not stop raving on how our wedding was the most fun wedding they have ever been to! Thanks to my dream team!

Don’t be that couple with the boring DJ that doesn’t say a word and just plays the same playlist at every event! Vinh is worth every penny and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/10/2017

Clarissa · Married on 04/15/2017

Best part of the wedding!!! My guests still talk about how great you were :) Thank you for setting the tone before and during the ceremony, keeping my guests entertained during cocktail hour, orchestrating our grand entrance, and keeping the party going until the last guest left. Your energy and vibe is infectious! We had so much fun at our reception and we have so many great memories because of your work. THANK YOU!

We aren't planning on getting married again anytime soon but we hope we or anyone we know has an event where you will be entertaining because we know it will be FUN!

Sent on 06/03/2017