Live Wire Athens Reviews

26 Reviews for Live Wire Athens

• Jordan

Jordan · Getting married on 05/10/2022

A+ venue & staff

With all the curveballs that COVID threw, Live Wire was excellent working and communicating with us until the rehearsal day was a great success. Erin's attention to detail ensures you will have all the points covered for your event. The venue was perfect and we received compliments from our friends/family on it.

• Abi

Abi A. · Getting married on 10/30/2021

We've booked our wedding and reception here

Erin and the Robertson family have been incredibly hospitable and super helpful during our communications. We live in Detroit but will be getting married in Athens next October and Erin has taken such good care of us virtually. She gave us a virtual tour and has been super responsive and informative during the entire booking process. The venue is super cute and a good price for being in the heart of downtown Athens. We were having trouble finding a place that would let our two lab pups participate in the ceremony and Live Wire has been incredibly accommodating and welcoming - exactly what we were looking for! We are so looking forward to getting married here!

Sent on 12/13/2020

James G. · Married on 06/12/2021

Only Positive Things to Say

Extremely helpful and thoughtful. Gave suggestions and ideas for us to think about and consider when planning, but in a way that was not pushy or unwarranted. Really made sure that we were getting what we had envisioned. Answered all questions and made sure that there were no misunderstandings. Made the whole planning aspect extremely easy. Has own list of vendors that they work closely with, so it makes getting music, catering, flowers, and all the other items required a breeze.

Louise B. · Married on 04/10/2021

Louise Baldwin

My experience thus far has been exceptional! The personnel have provided much needed answers and support. We look forward to our event and know that it will live up to the expectations of the wedding couple.

Sara M. · Married on 03/20/2021

Amazingly Loving Team

This family owned business has been so welcoming and helpful throughout the whole process. They make you feel like you’re part of the family and help come up with ways to make your vision possible. We cannot recommend this venue enough!

Taylor H. · Married on 10/25/2020

October 2020 Wedding Rocked at LiveWireAthens!

LiveWire management was responsive as well as accommodating when it came to personally making sure our wedding event was exactly what we wanted and executed safely during pandemic times.

• Nicky

Nicky W. · Married on 06/10/2020

Perfect venue!!

I can't say enough how wonderful it was to work with Live Wire Athens! Erin communicated throughout the entire process and had everything very organized for planning the layout and walk throughs. I would chose this venue again for other events in the future as well!! it is a beautiful venue!!!

Sent on 11/06/2019

Shannon S. · Married on 05/05/2020

Favorite Venue in Athens!

I have held several events at Live Wire over the past 4 years. Each time, I am reminded why I continue to book with them. They are helpful, attentive and very friendly. Their patio space is awesome! You cant find this at any other venue in downtown Athens. We held a luncheon for my daughters high school graduation, complete with a taco bar, and photo booth. It was the perfect space for our family to gather for a meal and drinks to celebrate. I highly suggest the venue and their team! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Katheryn S. · Married on 02/14/2020

Amazing and Affordable

This was definitely one of the most affordable venues we could find. Erin was upfront about all costs and how much time we would have before and after the reception to prep and clean. When we got there, the tables and lights had already been set up for us and she even let us do a last minute purchase of some decorations using the bar tab money instead of paying more out of pocket. All in all, I highly recommend Live Wire.

Sent on 09/29/2020

Katie W. · Married on 10/27/2019

The perfect venue!

Our wedding ceremony and reception at Live Wire were amazing - it was everything we could have ever hoped for! We worked with them for a year leading up to the wedding to plan it all out, and Erin was so helpful and easy to communicate with. The place looked amazing for the wedding, and the coordinator and bartenders were all great. They checked in with us through out the night to make sure we had everything we needed and we're happy with the night. I would highly recommend them for a wedding!

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Allie

Alexandra L. · Married on 07/20/2019

BEAUTIFUL reception space

After we visited Live Wire for the first time, I knew right away this was the perfect space for our reception. Andrew and Erin awesome, and really made the process easy. While this is certainly not the cheapest option in Athens, it is worth the money, in my opinion. They do some of the coordination work, however, I do recommend still having a day-of coordinator because we had our ceremony elsewhere. The space is really kind of rustic/industrial which is exactly what we were going for. We had 86 guests and 8-9 people at each table and it was PERFECT. I wouldn't recommend any more than 8-9 people at that size table or you would be on top of each other, and I think max you can fit 12 tables in there (and you would have to move 2 after dinner to clear the dance floor), so this isn't a space for a massive wedding, but it was absolutely awesome for our number of guests! We had our cocktail hour in the bar area and outside, and then opened up the big barn doors for dinner and dancing. I love the drama of the barn doors, it was perfect. As well, there is corn hole outside and several picnic tables up on the patio area to the side, so people can sit out if they like. We also had our buffet along the wall outside just to try to keep more room inside, and it worked perfectly. They have the main bar inside, as well as a portable bar they can set up outside for cocktail hour, so there were plenty of bartenders! They also own a tent that they can set up (for only the price of setup rather than renting a tent and setting it up with someone else!) if the weather is looking bad. We didn't wind up needing it, but it was very nice to know that we had the option and could decide kind of last minute if we needed it. Our reception turned out perfectly and the space is amazing! Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/15/2019
  • Madison

Madison · Married on 05/04/2019

Perfect Wedding Venue

We knew the first time we went to Live Wire that it was the perfect venue for our wedding. The space, decor, and overall layout were perfectly-suited for both our reception and ceremony. We were drawn to the fact that it's a family-run business, which felt more personal during a time where we were overwhelmed by all of our options. They took time to meet with us on numerous occasions, including meeting with other members of our family to make sure that everything was perfect. Erin was fair and flexible, and did a great job of getting everything organized and running smoothly. Our vendors had a great experience working with them, as did our family members that were involved in setting up the day-of. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and were a huge asset in making our wedding day perfect. As big music fans, their lighting and sound equipment were top-tier for musical entertainment. We'd recommend Live Wire to anyone looking for a fun and intimate setting for their wedding, reception, or both.

Sent on 06/02/2019

Lisa D. · Married on 03/13/2019

Fantastic service

"I could not have asked for anything more from Live Wire, it exceeded my expectations. From start to finish, everything was handled with such professionalism. I appreciate all Andrew's efforts, as well as, the staff. He was so accommodating and everything was perfect. We had a wonderful night celebrating with friends and family. There were several in attendance from the Athens area and they were definitely impressed with your venue.

Thanks again for everything,
    Lisa Daughtrey"

Sent on 03/13/2019

Shannon B. · Married on 01/11/2019

Extreme satisfaction with Live Wire Athens (Casual wedding reception)

After 35 years, my high school sweetheart and I reunited and Live Wire Athens handled our reception. Our experience with them from start to finish was exceptional. After meeting Andrew upon our initial appointment, we knew this was our place. He handled everything with such professionalism, yet kept it at a relaxed level, which was exactly what we needed. He even brought things to our attention that we did not even think about...all to help make our event the best it could be. I recommend them highly, and would use their services again.

Sent on 01/23/2019

Michael M. · Married on 11/03/2018

Live Wire Athens Wedding Venue

My daughter and new son-in-law were married at "Live Wire Athens" on November 3rd, 2018. What a great venue a wedding, reception, and the dinner! The venue is run by the Robertson siblings - Daniel, Brenden, Andrew and sister Erin! All great people that were very invested in our event going off without a hitch! Live Wire Athens has a rich history with the "Athens Music Scene" - so the venue had it's own character. We had a lot of out of town guests - so we held the wedding and reception at the venue. The staff staged the evening perfectly! I would highly recommend the Live Wire as a wedding venue! Many thanks to Erin, Andrew, Brenden, and Daniel - your hospitality was fantastic!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Mackenzie M. · Married on 11/03/2018

Best place to get married in Athens!

I can't say enough good things about Live Wire Athens. If I could give them more than 5 stars in each category, I would. Live Wire was the first venue we visited after getting engaged, and after leaving that day, we didn't bother looking at any others - we were in love!

Andrew and the rest of the Robertson family were incredible throughout the wedding planning process. He stayed in constant communication with us, checking in often with updates. He offered many great suggestions for vendors and worked with them directly to help take some items off our plate. He listened to our ideas and desires and made sure that they happened. He made my fiance and I feel calm throughout the entire process. Overall, I don't think there is a better event coordinator in Athens than Andrew.

We had numerous guests come to us during/after the wedding to tell us how much they enjoyed the venue. We were extremely satisfied with Live Wire Athens and highly recommend them to any couple looking to get married in Downtown Athens.

Sent on 01/06/2019

Kelsey · Married on 10/13/2018

Covid wedding

Despite COVID, Live Wire Athens really went above and beyond to make our special day as perfect as we imagined!

Sent on 12/15/2020

Kathy · Married on 03/10/2018

The Robertsons at the Live Wire in Athens were extremely wonderful to work with -- had great ideas and very accommodating of our ideas and requests. My son's rehearsal dinner was awesome -- and the couple and I fell in love with the venue! I highly recommend it!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Jen · Married on 11/11/2017

My husband and I had our reception at Live Wire on 11/11/2017. We were so impressed with the professionalism and attentiveness they provided. Planning our wedding from 1500 miles away seemed like a difficult task but Live Wire made it easy and fun. LWA had so many options for us to customize our wedding and make it perfect for us. When we saw the venue in person (a week before the wedding) it was everything we thought and more, with plenty of space and wonderful atmosphere (lighting, decorations, music) Andrew was so great to work with and we feel like he really cared about what we wanted. They went above and beyond for us and our guests had a blast. Our decision to have our reception at Live Wire was an amazing one.

Sent on 02/19/2018

Jen,
    Thank you so much for the kind words! It was absolutely our pleasure to host your reception. I hope all future couples who book with LWA are as enjoyable to work with as you and Brandon. I truly feel like I gained you as friends throughout the planning and event process. Please drop in the next time you're in Athens.

On behalf of the Robertson family, we appreciate your business and support!

Sarah · Married on 07/23/2016

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Live Wire Athens last weekend and can't recommend it enough. Andrew and the staff were so accommodating and friendly. We looked at several other venues and felt like we were immediately offered a tired, inflexible wedding package that didn't fit what we wanted to do. The Live Wire team did just the opposite, and for a better price. They listened to our ideas and made them happen and when we weren't sure what to do, they gave us their ideas. They also provided great recommendations for other vendors and worked closely with the ones we booked. The service leading up to the wedding and at the wedding was excellent and did not go unnoticed by our guests. Finally, the space is wonderful and has something for everyone. It promotes a fun, friendly atmosphere and had guests from all different parts of our lives mingling, dancing, and having a great time. We absolutely loved the experience and our guests did too.

Sent on 07/28/2016

Live Wire Athens's reply:

Thank you Sarah! It was our pleasure to be of service for your special day. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town. Andrew sends his regards as well.

Jennifer · Married on 07/23/2016

My husband and I recently hosted a wedding here, and they were fantastic. Management was extremely attentive & responsive to all our needs. The staff was extremely efficient and helpful - before, during and after the main event. They worked well with our caterer & moved things around as needed so we could transform areas from 'wedding' to 'reception.' I just can't think of a negative comment about the experience. As an "old lady," I was a little nervous about a non-traditional venue, but we were pleased, and our daughter's & new son-in-law's dreams came true.

Sent on 07/28/2016

Brittany · Married on 04/30/2016

We literally stumbled upon Live Wire while visiting our college town of Athens and immediately knew it would be an awesome spot for a rehearsal dinner space of ~50 people! Andrew was super easy to talk through the process with and the crew offered great service from bartending through set-up and clean-up! It offers a unique inside and outside feel with projectors for a slideshow and great sound for music! I would recommend for any type of event!

Sent on 05/08/2016

Live Wire Athens's reply:

Congratulations again, Brittany and Travis! Thank you for having your rehearsal dinner with us. We look forward to reminiscing with you when you come by to enjoy a football game on the big screen this fall.
  • Morgan

Morgan W. · Married on 05/09/2020

Local and unique

The family and crew at Livewire took excellent care of our reception this past summer. They were flexible, accommodating, and easy to work with. Pandemic aside, there are not many other wedding venues in Athens that have so few restrictions on outside vendors, creativity, etc. If you are looking for a no-nonsense venue, definitely go check out Livewire.

Jesse · Married on 05/13/2017

Livewire was the perfect venue for us to have our reception. The staff was willing to help us with anything we needed. The own worked with us and guided us with every step. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 05/15/2017