Little River Flower Farm Reviews

Little River Flower Farm 5
Little River Flower Farm 6
Little River Flower Farm 7

Sheena · Married on 09/08/2018

Nancy at little River Flower Farm was amazing. I didn't really have any vision at all for my flowers, but what Nancy created was exactly perfect for me and the venue. The bouquets were absolutely gorgeous, and I completely fell in love with the arrangements she made for the barrels and vases. Nancy was always so easy and pleasant to a work with. I couldn't recommend Little River Flower Farm more.

Amy · Married on 07/07/2018

I can't say enough amazing things about LIttle River Flower Farm and Nancy for my wedding flowers. I was an out of state, destination wedding bride and finding a florist was tricky. Add getting married on an island and needing 20+ table arrangements to come via ferry to the mix but LRFF was the answer! Nancy asked for photos of arrangements I liked, discussed budget and what would be in season. I gave Nancy a few ideas but overall gave her free range and the arrangements were the most gorgeous flowers I've ever seen. She exceeded all my expectations. I would have paid over double the amount had I gone with anyone else. Thank you Nancy and LRFF, so many people complimented how gorgeous all the arrangements were!

Katie · Married on 09/16/2017

Nancy with Little River Flower Farm was amazing! She was easy to work with, knew exactly what we were looking for and created beautiful flower displays for our wedding. I would recommend Little River Flower Farm to anyone looking for an amazing and stress free flower experience at a great price! Thank you, Nancy!

Little River Flower Farm 13
    Little River Flower Farm 14
    Little River Flower Farm 15

Kim · Married on 08/12/2017

Nancy at LRFF was recommended by our wedding planner, who immediately suggested her after we shared our vision for local wildflowers at an affordable price. We caught Nancy during an extremely busy time of year and she was unbelievably accommodating, and she made the most gorgeous bouquet of flowers, and a dozen or so boutonnieres with design specifications. Though we had some hesitation about driving 2 hours to pick flowers early in the morning, it was really fun and totally worth it. Between the gorgeous flowers and my mother's talent for flower arranging we were able to get a stunning display of table arrangements for a fraction of the price we would have paid to get a professional florist to do everything, and it was priceless that every flower came from Maine and was not shipped in from an anonymous supplier. We highly, highly recommend working with Nancy. Book early!!

Joyce · Married on 05/20/2017

Without ever actually meeting, Nancy helped us navigate the flower selection and design for my daughters wedding. Through emails and phone calls she nailed it and made me feel like I was working with a good friend. Everything was beautiful, just as my daughter had pictured and hoped for.

Monique · Married on 04/23/2017

Nancy and Bruce are so amazing to work with. I gave Nancy a blank canvas with a few ideas for flowers for our wedding, and she did amazing!!! I received so many compliments on them. They smelled amazing and were beyond what I could have imagined! Her attention to detail speaks for itself! I couldn't have been happier!!! I recommend for any of your flower needs!

Cyndi · Married on 10/01/2016

Nancy, Bruce and team did an outstanding job with the flowers for my daughters wedding. My daughter chose to have the girls wear mixed colors and she gave Nancy a picture of the dresses and like magic Nancy pulled it all together. If you are looking for the perfect flowers for an event in Maine Little River Flower Farm is your go to florist.

Little River Flower Farm 16
    Little River Flower Farm 17
    Little River Flower Farm 18
    Little River Flower Farm 19

Matt · Married on 08/06/2016

We decided early in our wedding planning process that we wanted to pick our own flowers, and since LRFF was only 20 minutes from our venue we decided to visit them the summer before the wedding. We were very impressed and came back just before the wedding to pick flowers for the decorations, bouquets and boutonnières. We loved the selection of flowers here and had a great morning (despite the blistering heat!) discussing, planning and picking. The flowers looked incredible, and we felt that they were very reasonably priced. Nancy and the team, thank you so much for your beautiful flowers!

• User5199832 · 2+ years ago

We heard about Little River Flower Farm from a friend who had picked her own wedding flowers and had Nancy arrange her bouquet. Everything we heard was true, and then some. Nancy was quick to return phone calls or emails. She made the whole process seamless and fun. She is very organized and helps you make sure all the details are in place. She set up an initial meeting to talk about what kind of flowers we wanted, bouquets, etc... She is truly the most knowledgable person I have ever met about flowers and clearly has lots of experience with weddings. We decided to pick all of our own flowers for centerpieces and ceremony, and have Nancy make the bouquets and boutinierres. We met again later in summer to finalize details, I was so grateful to have her recommendations for types of flowers and she also gave advice on making the centerpieces/ceremony flower bins and how to keep them looking fresh. A small group of us went out the Thursday evening before the wedding and picked flowers. Nancy was great at giving everyone an intro before we started and was available the whole time if we had questions. She even gave me some suggestions for flowers to pick for the ceremony when I was a little stuck deciding what to choose. The bouquets and boutinierres were perfect, other than colors and size she had full creative freedom and somehow made them exactly fit our wedding and personalities. The flower fields (and greenhouses) are impressive and beautiful. Even if you don't need wedding flowers you should go check out her farm! I highly recommend working with Nancy at LRFF to anyone wanting a unique, fun, and gorgeous way to get your wedding flowers.

I have been waiting to write this review from the minute my flowers were delivered. My now husband and I chose to get married in Maine because it is "our place". We researched all of our vendors individually, as we wanted to support local businesses, however, stay within our budget. My husband used to surprise me with beautiful wild flowers as we were dating, and it came to mind to have such flowers as our wedding centerpieces. After researching many flower farms, I came across LRFF, and read all of the wonderful reviews, some of which made me teary eyed. I looked at pictures, and then contacted Nancy and her husband Bruce for information. They responded quickly, as it was during the winter months. After only a short time of us sending pictures of what we wished, and her quick responses, they gave us an estimate that blew my mind. Nancy and her husband were always easy to get in touch with, and even added a last minute corsage that I asked for. When my bouquets arrived at the inn the morning of my wedding, it hit me that it was going to be the wedding of our dreams. Everything was EXACTLY what we asked for and more. The price was one fourth of what my sister-in-law paid, my guests were amazing at their beauty, and we supported a local farmer/business. Nancy and Bruce also allowed us to visit the farm a few weeks before our wedding, and if any of you get to do the same, it is amazing. The flowers are out of this world, simply beautiful. I can not say enough about my amazing experience. I hope all brides use LRFF, Nancy and her husband, for their special occasion. You will not be disappointed. Thank you Nancy and Bruce!!

Veronica · Married on 08/01/2015

I had an absolutely amazing experience with Nancy and the rest of the staff at Little River Flower Farm. From our first meeting at the farm to the day of our wedding, Nancy was extremely helpful, responsive, and generous with her talent. She took our rather vague hope for "colorful wildflowers" and crafted gorgeous bouquets and boutonnieres for our entire wedding party, even incorporating blueberries into the groom's boutonniere! Our flower girls stole the show with their beautiful flower crowns (truly the best ones I've seen). In addition, Nancy was more than accommodating when we expressed the desire to pick our own flowers to use for table displays. Two days before the wedding, my bridesmaids and I showed up at the farm with buckets and mimosas and had so much fun picking flowers. There was a huge range of vibrant, colorful flowers to choose from, and even with minimal flower arranging experience our decorations turned out wonderfully. Working with Little River Flower Farm was easily one of the most positive and stress-free parts of planning our wedding, and I could not recommend them more highly.

Marjorie · Married on 09/27/2014

This is the fourth wedding I have used LRFF and Nancy for, and this time it was my own! Every time I have worked with her the flowers have been magnificent, the prices incredibly reasonable, and the service excellent. Although most venues have been in Maine she has traveled to other destinations in Massachusetts as well. The most exciting characteristic for me has been the freshness and vibrancy of her arrangements; most of the flowers are right off her farm and they last for weeks after the event.
    At my wedding this past weekend, a nationally acclaimed flower arranger commented that my bouquet was the best she had ever seen.
    Nancy is enormously creative and also seems to understand just what the client wants. I never hesitated to let her "do her thing" and was always thrilled with the results. She did the arrangements for the entire wedding party, the church and the dinner & dancing reception. They were wonderful.
    I highly recommend LRFF for any occasion.

• W

Whitney · Married on 09/13/2014

Meeting with Nancy easily confirmed I was making the right choice on flowers, from her easy going and caring personality, to her extremely reasonable prices. She was extremely prompt at getting back to me and communication was excellent! She was able to create exactly what I was hoping for bouquets/boutonnieres and I had asked for a large amount of free flowers as well to create my own centerpieces and flowers for the ceremony and they were all so gorgeous! I received numerous compliments on how the flowers looked. Nancy was willing to accommodate changes in my plans throughout the process and even was able to add on a piece of my own wedding dress into my bouquet as requested on short notice. Nancy was able to take my vision and add her own creative touches which only added to the finished product. I would highly recommend working with her as she was lovely to work with!

Beth · Married on 08/29/2014

Nancy was SO helpful with information and staying in touch, especially the weeks before the wedding date. I am not a professional florist but knew that I could do arrangements and she gave me some great tips and went out if her way to make sure I knew some important things about arranging fresh flowers. She came through in a pinch for me because I had originally retained another flower farm for most of the flowers and when that fell through a month before the wedding, Nancy stepped right up and made sure to fill the whole order for me. She is a very calm influence and really knows her stuff. The flowers were stunning! If you are considering doing your own arrangements, little river flower farm is the place to go!

Beth · Married on 10/05/2013

Little River Flower Farm was amazing! When I saw the flowers lined up in the venue, I was overwhelmed with a feeling that everything had come together even more perfectly than I could have asked for. Nancy was AMAZING to work with - I had some very specific and some odd requests and she was so encouraging about them all-and she made each come to life! From building barn boxes for our placecards and centerpieces (yes, she built them) to finding the most gorgeous vibrant oranges for our flowers, she made the vision a reality. She also built my bouquet to specification-including creating and deconstructing it so that I could have a core bouquet that I built on as I picked up flowers from my besties on the way up to the aisle (I did not want 10 bridesmaids, but did want them all in the wedding!). It was amazing, everyone was so touched and while neither one of us quite knew how it was going to work, it was perfect. Her flowers are gorgeous, farm fresh and local; and her rates are very reasonable --I would highly recommend Little River Flower Farm for amazing flowers and a great, easy to work with vendor.

Ryann · Married on 08/31/2013

Nancy was wonderful to work with! She took my vision and made it even more beautiful than I could have imagined! My bouquet was gorgeous!!! All the centerpieces looked amazing too! Our guests loved that they could take them home. Highly recommend this vendor!

Emily · Married on 08/23/2013

Not only did Little River Flower Farm provide us the most gorgeous flowers but the beautiful farm served as the backdrop for our wedding day. We were married under a canopy of trees down by the river and had the reception on a hill complete with rock wall and fire pit, overlooking the farm and flower fields. It was exactly what we had envisioned and couldn't have asked for a more idyllic setting to be married.

Bruce and Nancy Stedman are incredibly hard-working and accommodating. Little River Flower Farm is a little piece of heaven!

Tania · Married on 08/10/2013

Little River picked all the flowers for our wedding, and my mom arranged them. They were lovely to meet with, lovely to work with, the flowers were absolutely beautiful and just what I had pictured.

Julie · Married on 11/19/2012

I was referred to Nancy at Little River Flower Farm, and I was not disappointed. Nancy was very responsive, knowledgeable, and informative... She was very accommodating also. I contacted her on short notice, was working on a tight budget, and forwarded her a picture of a bouquet that I hoped to replicate. I was very grateful for how Nancy pulled all the details together, and helped me to have a really lovely wedding. Our motif was very simple and rustic and at the same time tasteful and classy. We received a lot of compliments about the elegance of our wedding.
    If you are planning to have your wedding in Southern Maine, I would highly recommend contacting Nancy at Little River Flower Farm.

Janelle · Married on 09/15/2012

Nancy was wonderful! When I first was looking for flowers I wanted to decorate our wedding with local beautiful flowers. Nancy and The Littler River Flower Farm definitely provided that. She was so patient and flexible (we could chose if we wanted to pick, what we wanted to put together and what we wanted her help with). We were able to go to her farm to pick the flowers the thursday before the wedding and while she created the bouquets we brought back the flowers we had picked so a friend could make the centerpieces.
    It was wonderful to have her expertise and experience while also being able to be part of the experience. She was so accomodating on the delivery. The wedding was in York and we got ready in Portsmouth, NH. Her and her husband delivered the bouquets to us at the hotel and dropped the arbor flowers off in York. I didn't really consider that detail until close to the last minute but she saved the day and delivered the flowers to two separate locations. What a relief that was!
    All I did was showed her some pictures and gave her the color theme of the wedding. The bouquets she made were so beautiful. When they arrived in the morning I couldn't have been happier! Nancy had somehow managed to put together bouquets of exactly what I was looking for but couldn't really put in to words prior to the event. I got so many wonderful compliments how pretty they were and how unique some of the flowers were.
    I would 110% recommend Nancy and The Little River Flower Farm!

Anne · Married on 08/11/2012

Nancy was incredible. We left the flower choices up to her based on what was in season and looking great from the farm. I can't tell you how many compliments we got. She is very flexible and able to help with last minute changes and went out of her way to make sure we have lovely arrangements! For anyone who is looking for unique flowers and someone who it is a pleasure to work with, I highly recommend them!

Nancy was so great to work with. I described to her what I was looking for, and everything was perfect for the day! We just got our photos back and the flowers looked amazing. I would definitely recommend Nancy!

Heather · Married on 10/02/2010

Amazing. Everything was beautiful!

Megan · Married on 08/22/2009

I can not say enough about Nancy and Little River Flower Farm.
    She did my bouquet, bridesmaid's bouquets, boutonnieres, posies for our Moms, and then we did pick your own at the farm for the table flowers and a few big arrangements for the catering tables.
    We also had her buy us a big lot of daisies for our church flowers.
    Every single thing was beautiful, and our flowers lasted a long time!
    We came back from our honeymoon and the daisies were wilted, but still looked pretty good! (That was 10 days later!)
    She can do table arrangements - you don't have to do it yourself, but for me it was one of the more fun things we did in the week leading to the wedding.
    She was also just a nice person, very encouraging, and helped us a great deal on the day we did pick your own.
    She is also VERY reasonable with prices...
    I highly recommend her!