Little Miami River Catering Reviews

17 | Xenia, OH

17 Reviews for Little Miami River Catering

Jennifer · Married on 08/04/2018

Working with Little Miami Catering for our wedding was excellent. From the beginning they were more responsive than any other vendor I had reached out to. They were willing to customize a menu for our special day at a lower price than most. Upon taste testing, I had made a few suggestions and the day of the wedding those suggestions were executed. I received several compliments from my guests on the potatoes and chicken and the appetizer presentation was beautiful. Thank you so much for helping to make our day perfect!

Chelsea · Married on 05/05/2018

I am so glad i chose LMR Catering! The food was amazing! I got the hog roast, green beans cheesy potatoes! I got married Cinco De Mayo and I requested a sombrero on the pig and they did that no problem! Such a blast!!Thank you LMR!!

• Molly

Molly · Married on 10/14/2017

The food and service on our wedding day was amazing. I could not of been happier. I would highly recommend.

Lindsay · Married on 08/12/2017

The food was amazing and the staff did a great job. They were cleaned up and out ahead of schedule so we weren't waiting around for them at the end of the night so we could leave.

Elaine · Married on 06/23/2017

Thank you for making the wedding stress free. The caterers were so efficient and the food was delicious. All the guests complimented the wonderful job LMR did for my son and his new wife's wedding at Polen Farm. Great job! Thank you.

Nicole · Married on 06/03/2017

Delicious food, staff very courteous, friendly, and helpful. Everyone involved was very timely and did an excellent job with set up, serving, and clean up.

Deborah · Married on 06/03/2017

Loved Stacey and Molly!! They made my daughters wedding a day for all to remember! Everything was perfect! They set up everything and took down everything, which made a mother of the bride's job so less stressful! Food was amazing!!

Teresa · Married on 07/30/2016

I cannot say enough great things about LMR, Molly and Matt. They catered my daughters wedding and it was amazing. Food was awesome, they were very accommodating down to how I wanted my grandmas green beans :). We had a whole hog, turkey, cheesy potatoes, green beans, and salad. We had more than a couple people tell us hands down best wedding food ever! Their staff is awesome and worked all night long to ensure the reception was smooth and a great success. Thanks to Molly and Matt for helping make Chelsea's day so special.

Daniel · Married on 07/09/2016

Great caterer, food was excellent. Staff at my wedding were amazing. They checked with me on everything and made recommendations for cleanup / handling of left over food.

LMR was responsive, professional, and their food was delicious!! We had a great tasting, and really loved Molly and her food. They provided food for cocktail hour, buffet dinner, and 2 bartenders for our wedding. The staff was great and the whole process went very well. Hands down the best wedding food according to our guests. We also had the LMR staff stick around for clean-up at our venue, and they did an excellent job since we received our deposit back.

For our backyard fall wedding we had a hog roast for pulled pork sandwiches along with some turkey breasts and 3 different barbeque sauces, green beans, sweet potatos, corn on the cob, and a few varieties of mac 'n' cheese... it was all a huge hit! We received many compliments and the food was all cooked to perfection! My favorite was the blue cheese mac'n'cheese although the buffalo mac'n'cheese was a second favorite. I will use them again and highly suggest them for a hog roasting event! Yum Yum. Wish we had leftovers! It was devoured by the time the dancing began!

Tim · Married on 06/02/2018

Emmy was awesome. She continuously worked with a smile on her face. Shes deserves a raise/bonus.
    bartender & bus guy were great too!!! I will use you in the future
    Tim Mundy
    My Lawn Landscape, Inc.

Mary Beth · Married on 06/04/2017

Absolutely wonderful! I was very pleased with LMR catering. On the day if the wedding, I did not have to worry about anything! My entire venue was set well before the ceremony. They even helped put up our decorations that we brought ourselves. They did forget to bring a special meal for me because I have an allergy, which was not a huge deal at the end of the day since I waS too worked up to eat any ways.

For our summer barn wedding, we had pork and pulled chicken with mac n cheese, veggies, and bread. We also did cheese tray, nacho bar, chicken wrapped in bacon and shrimp cocktail for our appetizers. It was all a hit! We received many compliments and the food was all cooked to perfection! The only thing is that we did not receive a mac n cheese bar like we asked. It was just a platter of Mac n Cheese. The staff before the wedding was great to work with and the servers were amazing! They set up and then had to move inside real fast because of rain and they did a great job! I will use them again for sure and highly recommend!

kathy · Married on 04/23/2016

4.2
      2.5

My daughter decided on southern fare, and LMR was the best tasting experience we had, so we went with them.
    The food was good the night of, and the staff was professional. I paid the extra amt for complete cleanup afterwards, and that was well worth the fee. The only thing that needs improvement is response when waiting for a call back. I know that they are SO BUSY, because they are just that good. But responsiveness to messages left need to have a quicker turn around, but that would not deter me from hiring them again.

Brittany · Married on 09/30/2016

3.8
      3.5
      3.5

LMR did a fine job. The food was pretty good and just what we asked for. I wouldn't say it was the greatest meal of all time, but it certainly was pretty good for wedding food. Molly can be a bit difficult to get ahold of sometimes. You will often wait a bit to get a response via email and often have to call & remind her of things. But, overall, she is great. She is willing to sit with you, let you try whatever you'd like, and will modify your menu until it meets your liking and your budget. I have zero complaints about LMR - staff was professional & food was just fine.

• Amber

Amber · Married on 09/29/2018

3.6
      3.0
      3.0

The staff was professional and the food was okay

Overall, the staff was professional and the food was okay. Every time I communicated with our caterer, I spoke with or met someone different which allowed room for errors such as not providing a vegetarian dish for one of my bridesmaids which was discussed with at least two different people. The chicken and tenderloin was dry and did not taste like it did when we went for a tasting. I barely ate any meat at my wedding. However, the mac and cheese is great. I would not choose LMR catering again to cater an event. For the money spent, we expected higher quality and better communication.

Sent on 11/17/2018

Little Miami River Catering's reply:

Hi Amber I am sorry that your experience was not up to our normal standards. We work to provide exceptional service along with a wonderful meal. I hate that neither scored that way in your book. The office transition was the reason for dealing with multiple people during the planning of your reception. We tried to make it seamless for all our brides but fell short with you. I am really sorry. Mediocre food is also not a norm for us! I am very shocked to read this part. I wish I would have discussed this with you sooner. We do hope the best for you and are sincerely sorry your experience was not perfect! Thanks for the review