Linden Place Reviews

85 | Bristol, RI

85 Reviews for Linden Place

• Meredith

Meredith · Married on 04/29/2018

We had a great experience at this venue. It was a beautiful place to be married and everyone was so responsive and very helpful.

Sent on 05/24/2018

Katie · Married on 09/22/2017

I can't imagine a better wedding venue than Linden Place! I knew well before I became engaged that this would be our top choice. It is such a unique space; from the mansion itself to the beautiful gardens to the rustic carriage house, it makes for an incredible backdrop. The staff at Linden Place is just as fabulous as the space. Susan was especially incredible to work with. She was so super helpful throughout our entire process and was able to offer some great suggestions when we had to re-arrange our ceremony and cocktail hour due to rain. Despite the rain, the entire event was flawless. Having everything take place inside the carriage house, made for an intimate and cozy experience. We wouldn't change anything and will definitely recommend Linden Place to friends and family! It was the best day of our lives!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Colleen · Married on 08/12/2017

My husband and I absolutely loved having our wedding ceremony and reception at Linden Place. Susan was wonderful to work with and very responsive anytime we had a question, and she was a big help during our planning process. The garden, where we had our ceremony, was beautiful, and we took some amazing photos both in front of and inside the mansion as well. Our guests had a great time at our reception, which we had at the carriage house right next to where the ceremony was. Linden Place was the perfect venue and we wouldn't have changed a thing!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Jillian · Married on 06/17/2017

Deciding to get married at Linden Place was the easiest decision we made throughout our wedding process, and it ended up being the PEEFECT venue for us. I grew up in Rhode Island, and stumbled upon Linden one day before I was engaged. I instantly fell in love with the history of the buildings and the unique grounds. I loved how there are so many different little areas to utilize on your day (makes for lots of variety in photos) and I loved the statues, the garden and the design elements of the mansion itself (those windows!) It's also helpful that there is a lot included, like lighting, the courtyard tent, a kitchen, bathrooms, ceremony chairs, etc. That stuff can really add up. When I first brought my then-fiancé up to RI to look at venues, we both got chills opening up the back door to the rose garden and decided to look no further. Susan was AMAZING throughout the entire process. I was nervous about planning everything from out-of-state but she made it really easy, with lists of recommend vendors and honest advice. Everyone we interacted with was just so nice, helpful and laid-back. Many of our guests were visiting Rhode Island for the first time, and left with a wonderful impression of the state after spending time at Linden Place. Highly, highly recommended!!!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Sheila · Married on 05/27/2017

As soon as I walked into Linden Place I knew it was THE place for our wedding. The wedding was over a week ago and I get teary just thinking about how much Linden Place will always mean to us. This place is unlike any other venue. It is in the quaint town of Bristol, which I knew nothing about before booking the venue. It is like a mini Newport. Beautiful tree lined streets, charm, pet friendly shops, restaurants and bars for your guests to enjoy, a hotel across right down the street. if guest are coming from out of town, this is the ideal location. If they are local, this is still the ideal location. The mansion and the grounds of Linden place are perfect for photos and there is no reason to go to a second location for photo opportunities. If it rains-you will be covered! Susan Battle is amazing to work with. Really nice, helpful, responds quickly. If I could go back and do it all over again I would chose this venue in a heartbeat. Linden Place will always have a piece of our hearts. THANK YOU!

Sent on 06/08/2017

Linden Place's reply:

Dear Sheila,
    Thanks so much for your thoughtful review of Linden Place! It was truly our pleasure getting to work with you and we are so delighted to hear that Linden Place lived up to your expectations! Congrats and Best wishes from everyone at Linden Place and we hope you will come visit some time soon!

Alayna · Married on 02/18/2017

Linden Place was a dream venue for our wedding. Susan and her team are absolutely amazing to work with and the venue is absolutely stunning. Susan was so easy to work with throughout the entire planning process, and answered all questions I had. The day of the wedding, the Linden Place team was a dream to work with. They helped to make sure it all went smoothly and I can not say enough good things about this venue. To any brides, you will not be disappointed with this venue-it is a truly wonderful venue.

Sent on 02/27/2017
  • User6020875 · 2+ years ago

Linden Place could not be more beautiful. While my husband and I were touring it as a potential venue I turned around and looked at him and he whispered to me "oh this is it"! We just got married there on September 17th and it was everything we dreamed of and more. We had our ceremony in the garden and our reception in the ball room (but looks more like a carriage house which we loved) and I loved how our guests could go and walk around the inside of the mansion during cocktail hour. We got so many compliments how amazing and how cool the venue was.
    Susan the site administrator is super friendly, and helpful and was quick to respond to my e-mails. The rest of the Linden Place staff was helpful as well especially Eileen. There was some confusion with some of the bridal on when they were supposed to walk but Eileen came over and straightened everyone out and it all went perfectly.
    So if you're looking for that Newport Mansion type wedding but don't have the budget and don't like the stuffiness of those massive Newport Mansion's with a million rules you need to follow, then Linden Place is the perfect spot.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Linden Place's reply:

Thank you, Ashley, for your thoughtful review of Linden Place! It was truly our pleasure working with you. Congratulations!!!

Maya · Married on 08/06/2016

Booking Linden Place for our wedding was the first big decision my husband and I made together. Even though we visited in February, when the air was frigid and the grounds were under a thick sheet of icy snow, we still fell in love with this place. Susan is out of this world - kind, helpful, full of great advice and recommendations. We asked her about everything from hotels to bands to catering services. She always responded promptly and with the right level of detail and information. It was supposed to thunderstorm the day of our wedding and we were devastated that the ceremony wouldn't be held outside. Linden Place and our catering company set up everything in the meadow and said that we will make a game time decision, which is unusual, as venues tend to require more advanced notice. In the end, the sun came out and we were able to hold the ceremony outside as planned. Our guests were over the moon and many a lovely photo was taken that evening. We couldn't be happier about the memories we made that day and I can't think of a more beautiful and magical venue we could have picked.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Paula and Brian · Married on 07/30/2016

Susan and her staff were a pleasure to work with, they were very accommodating to our need for a small, intimate ceremony. Linden Place is an absolutely stunning venue. We were able to capture many amazing photographs both inside and outside the house. We would highly recommend for any size wedding. Thank you Susan for helping to make our special day absolutely perfect , we greatly appreciate your patience and assistance through the process. Paula and Brian 7/30/16

Sent on 08/21/2016
  • #

Kaitlin · Married on 07/09/2016

Loved having our wedding here. Ground were beautiful, so many great pictures. Our rustic wine theme worked very well here. Susan was great and easy to work with :) one recommendation for brides-- do not try to fit more than 120 people in the ball room. We fit more and it worked but was vey right for guests!! If you me count is low enough -- I would try to stay close to 120! Thank you Linden Place for a unforgettable day !!

Sent on 08/16/2016

My husband and I had our wedding reception here this summer on June 19,2016, everything about Linden Place is absolutely stunning! My vintage themed wedding was everything I could have ever wanted. Not only are the grounds amazing , but so is the wonderful staff. Susan is amazing to work with, very accommodating, and is always there to answer any questions leading up to your big day. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for an amazing and unique wedding venue that will surely be the perfect day to begin your happily ever after!

Sent on 08/11/2016

Kayla · Married on 06/11/2016

Linden Place an an absolutely gorgeous place to get married. Everything about the mansion, the yard, the ballroom and the tented courtyard yells romance! Our guests could not get over the details of the mansion and the grounds. Everyone at Linden Place is a pleasure to work with, Susan, our main contact was always very responsive and helpful with any questions, concerns and recommendations. The staff available the night of the wedding were also great and very accommodating. We had plans to get married out in the yard but due to rain we moved it into the ballroom and it ended up looking absolutely beautiful. It turned out to be a day to never forget and our guests are still talking about it! I cannot recommend Linden Place as a wedding venue anymore!!

Sent on 08/29/2016

My daughter could not have chosen a more beautiful setting for her April wedding. The ceremony was held on the grounds which were stunning. A guest asked if we had to pay extra to have petals from the magnolia tree fall gently on the bridal party as they walked passed! Having the mansion as a backdrop for pictures was spectacular. The reception in the carriage house with the beautiful fireplace mantle and the huge sliding doors made for a very unique setting. It was her dream wedding for sure.
    The quaint town of Bristol is such a great place to invite weekend guests to stay given all the restaurants and shops in walking distance from a neat hotel on the water.
    And can't forget to add that Susan is so very attentive and makes sure nothing goes undone.

Sent on 05/04/2016

Casey · Married on 04/25/2016

We could not have found a more perfect location for our wedding. Both the ceremony and reception were conducted on site, which looked absolutely beautiful on a sunny spring day. Susan, the site administrator, was a delight to work with - helpful, responsive, and full of information. I wouldn't change anything about my choice to have our wedding at Linden Place. Gorgeous, historical, unique - we couldn't have asked for anything more!

Sent on 05/05/2016

Kristin · Married on 11/13/2015

If one word could describe the whole ordeal it would be - OUTSTANDING.
    From the contact person to the quality of the facility, everything was perfect.
    It is important to remember and be grateful for the fact that we are able to use a historic mansion & museum as a backdrop/venue for a wedding. This is very generous of Linden Place. Susan (contact) was always available to answer questions in person or via email. The two staff members on board the day of ran a tight ship and I never had to worry about a thing.
    The pricing was very fair (considering it IS a museum)!
    It was everything we dreamed of and more. We cannot thank the staff enough!!!

Sent on 12/30/2015

We held our wedding reception at Linden Place and it was perfect in every way! The bridal suite was a beautiful room and a perfect size for me and my bridesmaids to get ready and take pictures in. All the rooms in the mansion were a stunning background for our pictures. Our guests really enjoyed roaming around the house before our cocktail hour and learning more about the history. The carriage house and tent were absolutely magical! The house was so romantic and cozy with all of our guests. We were at capacity for number of tables and guests we could fit but it never felt too crowded. All of our guests could not stop raving about how unique and different the venue was from all the standard wedding ballrooms that they have been to. The huge sliding front doors to the carriage house were an awesome feature when doing the wedding party announcements. We got married at the end of summer and we were able to keep the doors open throughout the reception so it was a nice way for people to get some fresh air while dancing the night away! We also did a sparkler send off right in front of the main carriage house doors that was absolutely breathtaking in the pictures. All in all we didn't have a single complaint about Linden!

Susan was amazing to work with too! She was such a huge help in answering all the last minute logistic questions in a timely manner to make the whole thing much less stressful. She brought up so many details about the day running smoothly that we never would have thought of on our own. We would highly recommend having your wedding at Linden Place!

Sent on 01/31/2016

Margo · Married on 09/19/2015

Susan was nothing short of amazing. She was knowledgeable, flexible, and a great support!

Sent on 01/06/2016

Tami · Married on 09/13/2015

My daughter's wedding could not have been more beautiful. I did recommend Linden Place to a friend and they were married there 6 weeks after my daughter. I am in the wedding business and this is by far my favorite venue. The staff is second to none! The venue is stunning! Our guests loved it!

Sent on 01/02/2016

Alexandra · Married on 06/27/2015

Linden Place was an amazing place to get married. The ballroom is perfect for a crowd of about 125-130. The lawn and yard were beautiful and provided guests a lovely place for the cocktail hour. Susan was so helpful and great to work with, and the venue provided beautiful back drops for pictures.

Sent on 07/17/2015

Tricia · Married on 04/17/2015

My husband and I chose Linden Place because of it's location and beauty in the heart of Bristol. I worked with Susan in coordinating all the details prior to the wedding. She was super nice, extremely professional and quick in responding to my many questions. The day of the wedding, Jim was there to help coordinate the event and he was an absolute peach. They made sure that I had everything I needed, the grounds were pristine. Even though the weather didn't warm up to have the flowers bloom, they made sure that the gardens looked immaculate. Also because of the weather I had the ceremony inside the carriage house. With the roaring fire in the fireplace, the ceremony was a dream, beautifully set up chapel style. The entire wedding was gorgeous, couldn't have asked for a better venue, it was perfect.

Sent on 04/28/2015

We had our reception at Linden Place and are extremely happy with the location and management. Susan was a joy to work with because she was very prompt with responses and spent a lot of time honestly answering our questions via e-mail or in phone conversations. The walk through and her recommendations helped us to have a lovely, worry, and stress-free wedding day. The ballroom is so beautiful that we didn't need any more decorations than simple centerpieces and floral arrangements. The mansion looked beautiful and provide a wonderful backdrop for some stunning photos. The reception staff were friendly and accommodating to us and our guests.

Sent on 12/01/2014

Shannon · Married on 10/17/2014

They were amazing! The venue was beautiful and the staff were so accommodating!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Nicole · Married on 09/27/2014

My husband and I had been looking for a venue for well over a year. We looked in Boston, Newport, and suburbs around Boston, but nothing clicked until we saw Linden Place. At first I saw pictures of the carriage house before I knew the location, and I was immediately hooked. The property has an old-worldliness that is sophisticated and truly elegant and special. Everything from the historical house which has entertained 4 presidents, has a chandelier from Buckingham Place, was featured on the 1974 version of the Great Gatsby, to the unbelievable, perfectly manicured grounds to the carriage house with exposed brick, beautiful hardwood floors and the most amazing mantle. It was truly a perfect backdrop and environment for our day. Thank you to Susan and everyone we worked with at the property, we couldn't have picked a better venue or asked for a better group of people to support us on our special day!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Emily · Married on 07/06/2014

We absolutely fell in love with this venue! It was perfect-vintage and romantic! Our pictures came out amazing and our guests would not stop raving about the beauty and uniqueness of it. Sue was a pleasure to work with! Would do it all over again!

Sent on 07/29/2014