Limelight Images Reviews

Limelight Images 2
  • Tara

Tara Lynn · Getting married on 06/20/2020

Fun & Kind

My FH hired Jimmy for a surprise engagement shoot (I was told it was just a normal photo shoot). He was highly recommended from our good friends. I’m super awkward and terrible in front of a camera, Jimmy was very kind helping by telling me where to look, pose, etc. I was nervous at first, but Jimmy made it such a fun and comfortable experience. He’s booked for our wedding and we can’t wait, great person and great photographer!

Sent on 09/11/2019
    Limelight Images 3
    Limelight Images 4
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 12/05/2015

Professional, detailed oriented, artistic, and unique. Love these guys! Love our pictures! They became a very special part of our day. Highly recommend.

Sent on 01/25/2016

Autumn · Married on 10/10/2015

These photographers are amazing!!! My pictures came out perfectly, Jimmy and Elaine were the best at getting candid photos, and everyone had nothing but wonderful things to say about both of them. I couldn't ask for a better photography team for my special day!!! Love these guys!

Sent on 12/04/2015

Brittany · Married on 05/18/2013

For the entire year leading up to our wedding, Kristy and crew were great! She responded to every email in a timely fashion and showed a true interest in our wedding. Our e-pics were with Jimmy who was fabulous! The day of, our two photographers were right on time and ready to go. They were efficient and kept pre ceremony pictures running smoothly, even in the heat! We met with Jimmy again for the day after photos/trash the dress (a MUST do!) and had a blast.

Our photos look great, and we enjoyed working with Limelight. Their prices are very reasonable, and they're truly passionate about what they do.

Sent on 06/01/2013

Kelly · Married on 07/14/2012

We can not say enough about how wonderful our photographer, Kristy Taaffe, and her staff at Limelight-Images were on our wedding day. They had a very modern approach and still were able to capture all the traditional pictures we wanted. From the first day we met Kristy, we felt so comfortable and knew we wanted her to be our photographer. They worked with us on pricing and our budget to make sure we got everything we wanted. I highly recommend Limelight-Images to all couples looking for friendly, professional, and creative photographers to capture their big day!

Sent on 08/05/2012

Rebecca · Married on 06/08/2012

I absolutely love the photos that Abbey and Jimmy took. They were so kind, warm and easy to work with. On the day of, it didn't even feel like they were there. They took some great candid shots, which were my absolute favorite of the bunch. I would highly recommend them for a wedding! Their prices are very reasonable and you get a lot of bang for your buck!

Sent on 09/18/2012

Mark and Lindsay · Married on 07/30/2011

Wonderful Photographers! Package included two photographers all day! Photographers put us at ease, and our wedding pictures were the best pictures we have ever taken!

Sent on 01/02/2012

Kerri · Married on 07/03/2011

Kristy and Jimmy provide the best product and terrific value. They have amazing personalities on top of that!

Sent on 09/24/2011

Robyn · Married on 11/06/2010

Jimmy and Kristy are WONDERFUL. From the consultation to engagement pictures to the wedding, they were nothing but professional and worth every cent. I would highly recommend booking them for your wedding! We can't wait to work with them again in the future.

Sent on 12/23/2010

Emilee · Married on 07/31/2010

Jimmy and Michelle were fantastic! We are so happy to have had the chance to work with them capturing the sweet memories of our wedding day. They were extremely fun and made our friends and family want to get their photos taken. We will definitely look to them for future events!

Sent on 08/14/2010

Molly · Married on 07/10/2010

Michelle & Jimmy are wonderful photographers. They captured so many fabulous pictures it's hard to pick the best. They were great to work with and we both enjoyed having them share our special day.

Sent on 07/31/2010
  • Cassi

Cassi · Married on 05/04/2013

I had the best time with Jimmy and Bree (Sorry if I spelled your name wrong). I could not imagine having anyone better. I love the creativity that was captured in the pictures. Overall I had an amazing day and the photos will be a lifelong reminder of it.

Sent on 06/26/2013
  • Kristin and Alex

Kristin and Alex · Married on 06/04/2010

The nicest people you will ever meet! Very flexible and creative and willing to do anything you want. Great prices and give discounts for referring people and for Friday weddings!

Sent on 06/29/2010

Julie · Married on 05/14/2011

We were so happy with Limelight! Jimmy and Kristy were so helpful when our first photographer, completely backed out on us and dropped off the planet just 4 months before our wedding when we had booked her 10 months in advance! They were so understanding and happy to help us. We didn't originally plan to do engagement photos but they were included in our package and we are so glad we did! We didn't get to use them for Save the Dates but found other ways and they're great photos to have! Jill and Jay shot our wedding and did a very nice job, though we weren't too happy they didn't get very many decent shots of my bridal party. But they got some absolutely breathtaking photos of my husband and I together and a lot of good "action" shots during the ceremony, I would definitely recommend then and use them in the future!

Sent on 08/29/2011

Courtney · Married on 08/03/2012

Photos came out good, and they were fun to work with. We got lots of gorgeous sunset photos. Great price for the package we got. Love that you can keep all the images.

Sent on 02/12/2013

Jamie · Married on 07/20/2019

1.2
      2.0
      1.0

Do not use for your wedding day.

We went with Limelight for our wedding day pictures due to many rave reviews from both people we know and also on Wedding Wire/online. However, our wedding pictures were extremely disappointing. He did not do traditional photos of us at all and also did not pay attention to whether we were smiling or ready for the picture. He completely rushed us and our pictures. He also appeared irritable and annoyed throughout the day - not just to us, but to other family members and vendors who have made comments to us about this since the wedding. We felt so incredibly stressed while taking family pictures especially because it was on us to call out who was next, despite us giving him a list of shots we wanted. We have also had 2 other photographers look at the photos for us who said it did not look like he edited our pictures at all.

Some of the poses were also very provocative and just not what we were looking for at all. I have 16 (yes 16, I counted) pictures of myself straddling a chair with my dress up and legs out (because he made me) but not one useable picture of just my husband and I that I could hang up. I also don't have a picture of my husband's reaction as I walked down the aisle; which was also on my shot list and extremely important to me.

He also took nearly every single picture from the ground, which is just simply not a flattering angle for anyone. Also, he seems to like taking crooked pictures. Meaning, taking them at an tilted/diagonal angle. Which makes the somewhat decent pictures that we do have, also not useable.

I honestly wouldn't have done a review, had he handled our feedback in a positive way. When I confronted him on all of this, he appeared very defensive and angry with me. He didn't really apologize initially and offered zero compensation for us disliking our WEDDING PHOTOS. Kind of a big deal, but he just minimized our feelings and just kept saying how this is just "his style" and that he thinks the pictures are great. In the end, we are recreating our wedding day outfits/looks and my friend is taking additional pictures for us to make up for this; but really shouldn't be necessary for a photographer that charges $3,000.

There is so much more that went wrong with our experience with Limelight, but there really isn't enough time in the day or space in a review. I highly discourage anyone from using this company who wants quality wedding pictures and someone who will help your day run smoothly. He was definitely not it.

Sent on 09/04/2019

Limelight Images's reply:

Hi brides and grooms! I absolutely regret this review. I had a wonderful time shooting her wedding. Please simply email me and I will gladly send you a link to the wedding gallery and let you decide for yourself! Cheers! Jimmy