Lights Out Entertainment DJ Service Reviews

118 | Avon, IN

118 Reviews for Lights Out Entertainment DJ Service

Evonne Darwin · Married on 10/11/2020

A party from the beginning to the end!

DJ Mikey was amazing! Professional, detailed, fun, kept the crowd on the dance floor until the end of the night! Also, handled a last minute change when our guitarist fell through for the ceremony. It was seamless and he did a wonder job! He also worked within our budget, which we really appreciated.

Sent on 05/26/2020

Amy Fouche · Married on 10/10/2020

Worry Free

JT was awesome. So personable and easy to work with. It was so great having the DJ link on the wedding website for guest to request music. Never had to worry. Would hire again with no hesitation.

Sent on 10/12/2020

Lights Out Entertainment DJ Service's reply:

Thanks Amy! It was truly an honor to help your family celebrate. Thanks for sharing some pics of the venue. For those who do not know, this is the Starr Gennett Records building in Richmond, IN. May our paths cross again!

- JT

Heather Cress · Married on 08/01/2020

Wonderful DJ that felt like family.

JT was absolutely attentive to us. He went above and beyond as a DJ. He helped to move the arbor, asking my daughter and her groom if they needed anything to drink, while they were getting pictures taken, and just being attentive to everything or anything that we might need. He did not need to do this because he was hired for music. I felt like he was a part of the family not just a DJ. I would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 08/03/2020

Patty Snyder · Married on 03/10/2020

Perfect DJ = Perfect Day

Dan was awesome!! He helped us during the entire process and made sure we didn't forget anything!! Music and sound were amazing; the dance floor was always full. Hire him for your special day...you won't regret it!!!

Sent on 10/09/2020
  • O

Olivia Mohr · Married on 02/12/2020

Amazing Wedding DJ's

Our experience with Michael and Lights Out Entertainment was a great one. We had the most fun during our reception and he knew how to keep the guests on the dance floor all night! We told him that we wanted our reception to be a party and he definitely delivered. He interacted well with the guests and knew how to work the room well. We are forever thankful for his vital role in making our wedding day so successful. If you are in the market for a wedding DJ, Mike and Lights Out Entertainment is definitely the best choice!

Sent on 01/13/2020
  • AaronandLaNette

Aaronandlanette Orebaugh · Married on 02/10/2020

Dancing the night away

Where to begin?! In the midst of COVID and from 1,100 miles away Michael aka DJ Mikey helped us navigate the music, the timeline, special requests, the I don’t knows, and put our minds at rest that no wedding is perfect but it is perfectly memorable. With a small gathering in a field with a circus tent, a very eclectic play list and DJ Mikey in the booth, the dance floor was never empty. Everyone at our wedding was raving all night (and still are weeks later)about our DJ. He kept them dancing, laughing and on their toes with every song he played. On top of being a great DJ, Mike has an amazing personality that is engaging and upbeat! We HIGHLY recommend Lights Out Entertainment for any and all your events! If Indiana wasn’t so far away we would definitely be hiring him again!! (10/2/20 Orebaugh Wedding, Camby IN)

Sent on 10/20/2020
  • Aaron

Aaron Orebaugh · Married on 02/10/2020

Simply The BEST!!

This man is a genius. Yes, I said GENIUS!! DJ Mikey is a one of a kind find in this world right now. He took such good care of our needs for our wedding. From the first phone call we had, we knew we wanted to have him take care of the music for our special day. The amount of time and attention to detail Mike gave us was the best we have ever had, and the best part was that he did it all from over 1,000 miles away. He took the time to find out who we were and what our music tastes were, not just here is a playlist. Mike really takes the time to get to know the couple that he is helping out for their special day, this is what sets a good DJ apart from an INCREDIBLE DJ like Mike. He kept us laughing and dancing all night long, our guests could not stop telling us what a great job he did, and how much fun they had. The best part about having Mike as a DJ for our wedding is that we can now call him a friend. I will do nothing but recommend the hell out of Mike, he is a class act and a great DJ.

Sent on 10/20/2020

Lauren Wahle · Married on 09/14/2019

Jt was amazing

JT with Lights Out Entertainment was a phenomenal DJ and amazing person to work with. He went above and beyond his duties and everything he did was perfect: the music, day-of timeline, coordination with the venue and photographers, and keeping me sane leading up to wedding day and during the event. He was always available for a quick phone call or longer Skype session. He offered me recommendations when I was unsure of specific activities (bouquet toss, parent-children dances, etc) and was extremely flexible with all of my non-traditional additions. He integrated my husband and my music tastes so well and brought so many to the dance floor. Throughout the night and after I was constantly hearing how great JT was from so many of my wedding guests, which is saying a lot. Truly look no further than JT with Lights Out Entertainment. He was instrumental in making our big day what it was!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • F

Farrah Taylor · Married on 08/31/2019

Excellent DJ!

JT was awesome and so helpful from planning through the wedding day! He took the time to get to know us and our tastes and made some great recommendations for our timeline before the wedding. During the wedding, he went above and beyond to make sure things were running smooth and we were taken care of. He provided exceptional service and the music he played was absolutely perfect for each moment/mood! Our guests really enjoyed the music and we received a lot of compliments. We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Allison · Married on 06/29/2019

Awesome dj

If you want to have a good time at your wedding, this is the DJ you need! Made our day smooth and easy because of their professionalism and knowledge of wedding industry!

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Alexis

Alexis Benny · Married on 03/05/2019

The Best Day Ever!

Amazing! I really felt overwhelmed but then I found Mike with Lights Out. One of my coworkers recommended him. He made everything easy and litterly calmed my nerves leading up to our wedding. Everything was perfect. Hire these guys! #BestDayEver

Sent on 10/26/2019
  • Barb

Barb Blankenbeker · Married on 02/09/2019

JT is the best of the best. Very helpful along the whole planning process.

I first came across JT at an event and I knew from the moment I met him that he would be the DJ for my daughters wedding. Professional, helpful and fun all rolled up into one. You will not go wrong in hiring Lights Out Entertainment.

Sent on 02/13/2019
  • Cody

Cody · Married on 01/19/2019

💯💯💯👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼🙂🙂🙂 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Absolutely amazing! Everything we hoped for and more! Just absolutely amazing! Truly the very best! Thank you!

Sent on 09/26/2019

Ben Hughes · Married on 10/27/2018

Great Party!

I’ll start with the result...JT and Mike led a heck of a party all night! They kept the energy up in a large room with a diverse crowd for a 4 hour reception, not to mention their thoughtful, but concise MC services throughout the night. We were lucky enough to have both JT and Mike available for our wedding and they seemlessly tied together all of the transitions in the night’s schedule. A few progressively detailed planning sessions helped us arrive at all of the important decisions we needed to make. Highly recommended, great value!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Jennifer · Married on 10/21/2018

Exactly what we were looking for

Mike was exactly what we were looking for in a wedding DJ. He was super thorough and really got to know us as a couple. Because of that, he played exactly the kind of music that we wanted. He did a great job of keeping the energy high throughout the entire night. And he was constantly checking on us to make sure that we were having a good time. I can't say enough good things about our experience! I would recommend this DJ to anyone!

Marcus Rich · Married on 10/20/2018

Best DJ in Indy bar none

Easily the best DJ I’ve ever experienced at a wedding and I’m really glad it was mine :). Amazing to work with and extremely helpful and diligent.

• Kelli

Kelli · Married on 10/20/2018

So much fun and so professional!

I struggled quite a bit with picking a DJ - it is a huge decision. We met with Mike and JT, and were so impressed with their professionalism. Fast forward to the day of the wedding, and JT did an amazing job. Our dance floor was packed for the entire reception - something I never imagined would happen! They were slightly higher priced than other DJs I spoke with, but worth every single penny. If I ever need a DJ again, I'd pick them for sure!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Maggie Klint · Married on 10/14/2018

Great! Would recommend

Mike was very accommodating, listened to our requests, and contributed his own ideas and experience to make our reception perfect! He even made a quick video slide show of pictures he took and sent it to us after the wedding.

Alyx · Married on 10/13/2018

Made our big day perfect!

DJ Mikey was awesome! He kept the crowd moving all night. He was super flexible with our requests and always easy to get in touch with.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Paige · Married on 10/06/2018

Mike Nickolich was a phenomenal DJ for us and our wedding. He was more on top of some of the planning aspects than we were and took care of and asked us questions about things we hadn't even thought of. Through the evening he did a wonderful job of communicating with us and letting us know what was going on since we had some rain and our timeline had to get pushed around. He was well organized and professional and it's apparent that he's been doing this for a while and really good at it too. He was a wonderful DJ and MC and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for any occasion! Thank you Mike for helping us throw one heck of a wedding!!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Elaine · Married on 09/22/2018

Mike went above and beyond to make sure to make our special event wonderful! He gets to know you so he matches what he has to offer with our personality and what we want. Additionally he is very kind and humble. He knows how to throw a party and make adjustments as needed and had some nice added touches to make it very special...a night to remember. Mike is the one you will want. Thank you Mike...you’re the best!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Jessie · Married on 09/22/2018

First, just let me say that DJ Mikey completely set the tone for our amazing wedding! With his upbeat, yet professional demeanor, he helped make our guests feel welcomed and ready to dance from pre-ceremony through the end of our reception. He accurately read the room and kept the loving, fun, community spirit alive all evening. The lighting in the reception hall was top notch. He interacted with our guests, and we received SO many comments about how much they loved him. Aside from the day-of, he was also very communicative and receptive about what we wanted throughout the planning process, offering suggestions when we were unsure, and finding obscure songs that were special to us. If I could give him 1000/10 stars, I would do so in a heartbeat. Don’t even look for another DJ!! You’ve found him!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Tom Rauh · Married on 09/08/2018

Highly recommend!

Michael was an awesome DJ for our wedding! He did a great job keeping the music bumping and the party on the dance floor. He also supported our last minute request for karaoke! His introductions were perfect and his online portal for our wedding made it easy to submit requests for songs to play and not play well before the wedding night. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Jared · Married on 07/27/2018

We reached out to JT just a few months in advance of our wedding. We were short on time and didn’t have a lot of structure. After meeting with JT we immediately felt
    better and he was extremely helpful in all areas with assisting us in getting organized. He is very professional and fun to work with. He exceeded our expectations and even went outside of his job description to help us. I would recommend JT and Lights Out Entertainment for any event as we couldn’t have been more pleased. He made our special day even that much more enjoyable and he’s a great overall person. Thanks so much JT!

Sent on 08/05/2018

Maddison · Married on 06/16/2018

Amazing! Absolutely and truly amazing. It has been a few months since our wedding but our friends and family are still talking about the fun time they had at our wedding. We highly recommend, if you are lucky enough book them they are worth every penny and then some. They are the best in the Midwest

The Long Version:

If you are looking for a DJ I highly recommend these guys. My husband and I interviewed many DJs in Indy before we made our decision to use Lights Out and we are extremely glad we were able to book them. We read all the reviews online, believe me their reputation precedes them. All the reviews we read are true.

Our DJ took the time to get to know us instead of trying to upsell us more stuff. This is one of the many things that stood out to us before we booked. We also really liked that we knew our DJ was going to be Michael when we booked, when we asked other Companies who our dj will be it felt like we were getting the run around. Something we were not comfortable with.

Leading up to the big day:

All in all we had a few meetings with Mike before our wedding day. He was always quick to respond to emails and phone calls and very understanding of what our needs and preferences were. He even made a custom edit for our dance song and sent it to us a few weeks before so we could practice dancing.

Day of the wedding:
    Mike was amazing! He showed up well before he said he would to set up.

We loved his energy and really liked that Michael had a strong presence when needed and still made it about us. The day flowed so smoothly and everything was flawless we attribute that to our dj for keeping us on track.

When it came time for dancing he completely crushed it. (Had the dancefloor packed all night for a solid four hours.)

Sent on 08/31/2018