Lights Out Entertainment DJ Service Reviews

Lights Out Entertainment DJ Service 6
Lights Out Entertainment DJ Service 7

Allison · Married on 06/29/2019

Awesome dj

If you want to have a good time at your wedding, this is the DJ you need! Made our day smooth and easy because of their professionalism and knowledge of wedding industry!

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Barb

Barb Blankenbeker · Married on 02/09/2019

JT is the best of the best. Very helpful along the whole planning process.

I first came across JT at an event and I knew from the moment I met him that he would be the DJ for my daughters wedding. Professional, helpful and fun all rolled up into one. You will not go wrong in hiring Lights Out Entertainment.

Sent on 02/13/2019

Ben Hughes · Married on 10/27/2018

Great Party!

I’ll start with the result...JT and Mike led a heck of a party all night! They kept the energy up in a large room with a diverse crowd for a 4 hour reception, not to mention their thoughtful, but concise MC services throughout the night. We were lucky enough to have both JT and Mike available for our wedding and they seemlessly tied together all of the transitions in the night’s schedule. A few progressively detailed planning sessions helped us arrive at all of the important decisions we needed to make. Highly recommended, great value!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Jennifer · Married on 10/21/2018

Exactly what we were looking for

Mike was exactly what we were looking for in a wedding DJ. He was super thorough and really got to know us as a couple. Because of that, he played exactly the kind of music that we wanted. He did a great job of keeping the energy high throughout the entire night. And he was constantly checking on us to make sure that we were having a good time. I can't say enough good things about our experience! I would recommend this DJ to anyone!

Marcus Rich · Married on 10/20/2018

Best DJ in Indy bar none

Easily the best DJ I’ve ever experienced at a wedding and I’m really glad it was mine :). Amazing to work with and extremely helpful and diligent.

• Kelli

Kelli · Married on 10/20/2018

So much fun and so professional!

I struggled quite a bit with picking a DJ - it is a huge decision. We met with Mike and JT, and were so impressed with their professionalism. Fast forward to the day of the wedding, and JT did an amazing job. Our dance floor was packed for the entire reception - something I never imagined would happen! They were slightly higher priced than other DJs I spoke with, but worth every single penny. If I ever need a DJ again, I'd pick them for sure!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Maggie Klint · Married on 10/14/2018

Great! Would recommend

Mike was very accommodating, listened to our requests, and contributed his own ideas and experience to make our reception perfect! He even made a quick video slide show of pictures he took and sent it to us after the wedding.

Alyx · Married on 10/13/2018

Made our big day perfect!

DJ Mikey was awesome! He kept the crowd moving all night. He was super flexible with our requests and always easy to get in touch with.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Paige · Married on 10/06/2018

Mike Nickolich was a phenomenal DJ for us and our wedding. He was more on top of some of the planning aspects than we were and took care of and asked us questions about things we hadn't even thought of. Through the evening he did a wonderful job of communicating with us and letting us know what was going on since we had some rain and our timeline had to get pushed around. He was well organized and professional and it's apparent that he's been doing this for a while and really good at it too. He was a wonderful DJ and MC and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for any occasion! Thank you Mike for helping us throw one heck of a wedding!!

Sent on 10/09/2018
    Lights Out Entertainment DJ Service 8

Elaine · Married on 09/22/2018

Mike went above and beyond to make sure to make our special event wonderful! He gets to know you so he matches what he has to offer with our personality and what we want. Additionally he is very kind and humble. He knows how to throw a party and make adjustments as needed and had some nice added touches to make it very special...a night to remember. Mike is the one you will want. Thank you Mike...you’re the best!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Jessie · Married on 09/22/2018

First, just let me say that DJ Mikey completely set the tone for our amazing wedding! With his upbeat, yet professional demeanor, he helped make our guests feel welcomed and ready to dance from pre-ceremony through the end of our reception. He accurately read the room and kept the loving, fun, community spirit alive all evening. The lighting in the reception hall was top notch. He interacted with our guests, and we received SO many comments about how much they loved him. Aside from the day-of, he was also very communicative and receptive about what we wanted throughout the planning process, offering suggestions when we were unsure, and finding obscure songs that were special to us. If I could give him 1000/10 stars, I would do so in a heartbeat. Don’t even look for another DJ!! You’ve found him!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Tom Rauh · Married on 09/08/2018

Highly recommend!

Michael was an awesome DJ for our wedding! He did a great job keeping the music bumping and the party on the dance floor. He also supported our last minute request for karaoke! His introductions were perfect and his online portal for our wedding made it easy to submit requests for songs to play and not play well before the wedding night. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Jared · Married on 07/27/2018

We reached out to JT just a few months in advance of our wedding. We were short on time and didn’t have a lot of structure. After meeting with JT we immediately felt
    better and he was extremely helpful in all areas with assisting us in getting organized. He is very professional and fun to work with. He exceeded our expectations and even went outside of his job description to help us. I would recommend JT and Lights Out Entertainment for any event as we couldn’t have been more pleased. He made our special day even that much more enjoyable and he’s a great overall person. Thanks so much JT!

Sent on 08/05/2018

Maddison · Married on 06/16/2018

Amazing! Absolutely and truly amazing. It has been a few months since our wedding but our friends and family are still talking about the fun time they had at our wedding. We highly recommend, if you are lucky enough book them they are worth every penny and then some. They are the best in the Midwest

The Long Version:

If you are looking for a DJ I highly recommend these guys. My husband and I interviewed many DJs in Indy before we made our decision to use Lights Out and we are extremely glad we were able to book them. We read all the reviews online, believe me their reputation precedes them. All the reviews we read are true.

Our DJ took the time to get to know us instead of trying to upsell us more stuff. This is one of the many things that stood out to us before we booked. We also really liked that we knew our DJ was going to be Michael when we booked, when we asked other Companies who our dj will be it felt like we were getting the run around. Something we were not comfortable with.

Leading up to the big day:

All in all we had a few meetings with Mike before our wedding day. He was always quick to respond to emails and phone calls and very understanding of what our needs and preferences were. He even made a custom edit for our dance song and sent it to us a few weeks before so we could practice dancing.

Day of the wedding:
    Mike was amazing! He showed up well before he said he would to set up.

We loved his energy and really liked that Michael had a strong presence when needed and still made it about us. The day flowed so smoothly and everything was flawless we attribute that to our dj for keeping us on track.

When it came time for dancing he completely crushed it. (Had the dancefloor packed all night for a solid four hours.)

Sent on 08/31/2018

Graham · Married on 05/05/2018

DJ Mike was fantastic through the entire process. He made planning easy and was always responsive. The ceremony and reception musoc was perfect.

Sent on 05/12/2018

Sheri · Married on 05/04/2018

Awesome job .. had everyone up damcing .. played all requests .. made our daughters wedding day extra special .. THANK YOU !!!

Sent on 05/08/2018
  • F

Faith · Married on 05/04/2018

Mike was awesome to work with! He was very patient and so kind! He got the party going and kept everyone involved the whole night! He knew just the right music to play and we had an amazing night!! Although as the brides and us being very busy all night, we missed a few of our favorite songs, but so glad he played them!! I would chose Mike a million times over again and recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 05/22/2018
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 04/07/2018

Mike did an AMAZING job at our wedding last weekend! In preparing for the big day Mike and I communicated through email- he always responded right away. Professionalism was 100%. We met up only a few times to discuss details- this was very convenient since planning a wedding and meetings can be overwhelming. Lights Out Entertainment makes it easy to request songs with their online portal. We had the ability to prepare as many songs as we wanted for cocktail hour, dinner, dancing, etc. Mike visited my venue multiple times to make sure of the layout preparation and setup. Once the big day arrived things went SO smoothly. My husband and I arrived at the venue after cocktail hour and Mike found us right away. We were about to welcome the party and I had a slight moment- he immediately found me a drink without even asking- clutch. As soon as the party started it did..not..stop! The dance floor was overflowing with guests- the music was always on point. Before the dancing even started Mike made his way around to my guest's tables and got to know them- and even made sure some had a designated driver. I would recommend this service to anyone and everyone looking for a perfect reception. DJ Mike- hats off to you!!!

Sent on 04/16/2018
    Lights Out Entertainment DJ Service 9
    Lights Out Entertainment DJ Service 10
    Lights Out Entertainment DJ Service 11

Erin · Married on 02/10/2018

I cannot say enough wonderful things about DJ Mike! He was absolutely amazing! His experience in the field does not go unnoticed. He was communicative, flexible and easy to work with. He was always willing to talk via phone, email or in person. At times, he would even reach out to check-in. He is able to read a crowd better than anyone I have ever encountered and he adds a personal touch to the reception (which was very important to us). He did both our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception music. He was prompt with the timelines and was able to keep the dance floor full all night! WE EVEN PLAYED THUNDERSTRUCK! I could not be more pleased with our wedding day. His service and knowledge of music/dj-ing are impeccable. I will recommend Lights Out Entertainment to EVERYONE!

Sent on 02/16/2018

Jason · Married on 11/05/2017

Michael is the best! He went out of his way to accommodate us. Throughout the whole process, he was more than willing to meet with us several times to make sure everything was just right. He was more than willing to purchase music that wasn't already in his catalog so that we could have the music we wanted. That included special songs for our 4 year old son. I found it was easy to maneuver and pick songs using his online playlist software. Our wedding had a racing theme and Michael matched the wedding party by wearing his checkered flag tie along with the groomsmen. Michael made sure he was available for the wedding rehearsal. The day of the wedding turned out great. Michael was a wonderful MC and DJ. He personally took me and my bride's food orders and made sure we got our food. He went out of his way to greet each table of guests personally. Everybody had fun. I'm not a dancer but had fun dancing to his music! Michael is the best and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Rebecca · Married on 11/05/2017

Michael was the DJ for our wedding and we couldn't have been any happier. We were impressed with Michael on day one. He is easy to get ahold of and quick to return messages. He is attentive to not only the bride and groom's needs, but to all the wedding guests. He went and talked with every table while they were waiting to be dismissed to the buffet. He was not only distracting them from thinking about when their turn would be to get food, but he asked what kind of music they like to help give him an idea of which songs from my play if possible list he should play. He even downloaded some of my 4 year old son's favorite songs and let him press the button to play one of them during the reception. He also was able to attend our wedding rehearsal and play the ceremony music to help us out with timing of the ceremony. Michael met with us several times throughout the year to make sure we were doing ok with the wedding planning and offering help with whatever we needed. I would highly recommend Lights Out Entertainment to anyone!

Sent on 11/21/2017
    Lights Out Entertainment DJ Service 12
    Lights Out Entertainment DJ Service 13
    Lights Out Entertainment DJ Service 14
    Lights Out Entertainment DJ Service 15

Jerry · Married on 11/05/2017

I am the mother of the bride and I have to say Michael was excellent in every way!! From the moment I met him to the ceremony he was gracious, professional, attentive, and kept the wedding on target and lots of fun. Would recommend him totally

Sent on 11/22/2017

Mandy · Married on 11/04/2017

Absolutely amazing!! Cannot recommend DJ Mikey enough. He was so easy to talk to and work with, made the whole process go smoothly from start to finish. Getting married is stressful and expensive enough as is, you should not have to deal with vendors trying to upsell you or adding to your stress! Michael was so professional and courteous, and listened to what WE wanted and envisioned for our day. Even though we booked almost a year in advance, Michael was always there if we needed him, returning emails immediately and taking care of any road blocks along the way. Not sure our wedding would have been as amazing with anyone else there by our side. So glad we chose him and hope you do too!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Janice · Married on 10/28/2017

In our search for a wedding DJ last spring, we had a tough time initially deciding. Then a friend recommended Lights Out and we couldn't have been happier with our decision! Mike, our DJ, took the initiative to set up his own meeting with the event planner at our reception venue. He met with us as well to discuss our tastes in music and how he could incorporate our preferences but also throw a good party. Every step of the way, Mike was helpful and there for us! He was very patient as we navigated planning a wedding! We received so many compliments for our music at the wedding. My favorite part was having all the cocktail hour and dinner music only be by bands my husband and I have seen live together - it made for an extra special evening!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Ashley · Married on 09/30/2017

DJ Mikey was our wedding DJ from Light Out Entertainment and we couldn't be happier that he was our DJ. He was very thorough in preparing for our wedding and his website allowed us to customize the playlist for our event. He was even able to help us edit our first dance songs to be the perfect length. Mike kept the evening running smoothly and took time to learn the wedding party names before introductions. We through a few curveballs at Mike with last second requests to end the evening and he was more than accommodating. He also took some great pictures and video during the evening which gave us another perspective on our wedding. We are so thankful that Mikey was our DJ and would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 12/10/2017