Lighting Professors Reviews

Lighting Professors 7
  • Allison

Allison Vogler · Married on 09/14/2019

They are the phds!

They are called Lighting Professors for a reason - THEY ARE PHDs!! From start to finish a pleasure to work with. The lighting created the perfect, festive, vibe and enhanced the space for our wedding reception. PURE MAGIC! Thank you so much for adding to the amazing reception we were all thrilled with how it turned out.

Sent on 09/16/2019

Lighting Professors's reply:

Allison, THANK YOU so much for having us there with you to shine light on your beautiful event! We greatly enjoyed working with you and wish you so many years of happiness!

Erin · Married on 05/18/2019

They completely transformed our property and it was magical! 😍

Lighting Professors were amazing to work with from start to finish. Their team was super responsive and their consultation process was really fun and inspiring (who knew lights could be so exciting?)! John and Jennifer were very knowledgeable and easy to work with. They brought some amazing ideas and expertise while being honest about the budget and the value - I knew we were in good hands! We explained our vision to them and they totally ran with it. Their team made our event so much better than we ever thought was possible!

Their installation team spent an entire day setting up, they even stayed after the sun went down to make sure everything was PERFECT the day before our wedding (and it was)! They thought of absolutely everything! They transformed our private property into an amazing and magical wedding venue. We cannot thank them enough for all of their expertise and hard work, not to mention - the magical images of our guests and the event that were captured under their lights. We will always cherish the beautiful memories and photographs from that evening - all thanks to the amazing work of our vendors, especially the Lighting Professors!

(photos by thecommoneer)

Sent on 06/25/2019
    Lighting Professors 8
    Lighting Professors 9
    Lighting Professors 10
  • Haley

Haley Morris · Married on 05/04/2019

Would book again in a heart beat!

I booked the lighting professors a few months prior to my wedding. Lighting was originally something I did not include in my budget because I didn’t see the “value” in it when I first started the planning process. Oh my goodness was I wrong!! After meeting with the Lighting Professors, viewing what they had to offer, and seeing the difference lighting made we were so thankful we added them to our team of vendors. They were one of the best decisions we made throughout our entire wedding planning process. They were timely, knowledgeable, efficient, and so easy to work with! Thank you Lighting Professors!

Sent on 06/13/2019

Brenda Mills · Married on 12/15/2018

Lighting was perfect for wedding

Lighting Professors were awesome to work with. Jennifer is very knowledgeable and helpful to get the right lighting for your event. It made such a difference. Love the pinspot lighting and color changes during reception. Well worth the money spent.

Sent on 01/01/2019

Lee · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfect vision for our venue!

The Lighting Professors came up with the most perfect lighting for our wedding. We got married on a family farm property in Charles City and they converted the back terrace into the most amazing space. I really feel that the lighting was so perfectly executed that we could have done without any other decorations. It was beautiful.

Sent on 11/16/2018

Aldi · Married on 09/22/2018

Lighting Professors did an AMAZING job with the lighting for our wedding. The team was very accommodating with our last minute decision to add a tent and still executed the bistro lighting with perfection.

We are so happy with the way the lighting turned out and it certainly added a special touch to our special day.

Thank you Lighting Professors!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Caitlin · Married on 12/16/2017

Awesome company! We did the package that has someone on sight to control the lights. The lights were seamlessly changed throughout the evening and it was perfect!

Sent on 01/13/2018
    Lighting Professors 11
    Lighting Professors 12

Ashley · Married on 11/18/2017

You will not be sorry if you book these guys! They know how to transform a space and make it perfect. From simple uplighting to custom monograms, they know what they are doing. John and Pat created a great vision for our venue (Boathouse at Rocketts Landing) and really gave the room the soft, romantic feel that it needed.

If you need any sort of lighting (which you should!!) don’t go with anyone else. Lighting Professors are the best!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Jennifer · Married on 10/21/2017

Amazing! John and Pat were amazing to work with! They transformed our wedding and reception into something magical. People are still asking me about it! It couldn’t have been more breathtaking.

Sent on 12/09/2017
    Lighting Professors 13
    Lighting Professors 14
    Lighting Professors 15

Michelle · Married on 08/19/2017

Lighting Professors did a FANTASTIC of a job at my wedding. The lights were truly magical and we could not be more pleased with the work that was done. Throughout the entire process, Patrick and his team were responsive and attentive to our questions and needs. Given that we lived 2-3 hours away from Richmond, we were able to set up a phone meeting with Lighting Professors and communicated over email. We had no problems getting in touch and they delivered everything as planned and made our vision come to life. The guests LOVED the outdoor bistro lighting and made our venue even more amazing at night. Guests danced under the globe lights and had the best time. In addition to the bistro lighting, we had a spotlight on the cake which really made our cake shine!

Thank you so much for everything, Lighting Professors. Definitely worth every penny-- HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Angela · Married on 08/19/2017

The Lighting Professors are true professionals and so easy to work with! I didn't realize how much lighting could add to a wedding and I'm so glad that we did it! They even accommodated our special requests for bistro lights and some color changes throughout the night. They even worked with our band to make a really cool entrance! Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/05/2017
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 05/06/2017

The Lighting Professors were by far the most organized and professional vendor I dealt with throughout the entire planning process of our wedding. The day I met with the guys at Lighting Professors there had been a power outage that morning and there internet was down, instead of turning me away they still had their entire presentation backed up and were able to run the consultation smoothly without internet. Their display room with faux wedding setting up to compare a reception space with and without lighting is very well done. The payment process was easy and pain free and everything was set up at our venue a few days before the event. The lighting at our reception space took it from pretty to gorgeous! We LOVED the barista lights over the dance floor and the Edison bulbs cascading down the exterior brick wall, it was a huge hit for selfies at the end of the night.

Sent on 05/11/2017

Martha · Married on 04/01/2017

They couldn't have been easier to work with. They were willing to work within our budget and gave great advice on how to transform the ballroom with lighting. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Kelsey · Married on 03/11/2017

We used Lighting Professors for our Wedding Reception and I am so glad we did. They did a beautiful job at the John Marshall Ballrooms. I went in thinking I just wanted some basic amber lighting for the whole reception and after meeting with Patrick, I was so excited by all the possibilities! The pinpoint lighting on the cake and the flower arrangements truly made a huge difference! Thanks Lighting Professors for making our wedding reception BEAUTIFUL!

Sent on 03/20/2017
  • Zenaida

Zenaida · Married on 07/18/2015

Love his work!! Very easy to work with. Cant wait to see what his going to do on my big day!!

Sent on 04/17/2015

Lauren · Married on 05/23/2015

Lighting was the last vendor I had to book when planning my wedding. I was honestly putting it off because I didn't know anything about lighting and was unsure of where to begin. My husband and I met with Jake at Lighting Professors and he showed us all of the options for our reception. He listened to my vision and came through completely. Our reception was in the Empire Room at The Jefferson. We did uplighting on all of the columns in a soft amber/candle light tone. My parents didn't understand the need for lighting until they walked in the room. The room had the perfect glow and was beyond anything I pictured. I also really enjoyed getting to tell my parents "I told you so".

Thank you so much Jake for walking me through the process and making me feel like a lighting expert. I couldn't be more thrilled with how everything turned out.

Sent on 05/29/2015

The Professors know what they're doing, and are humble and gracious to boot. What they did for our outdoor evening wedding event felt beautiful and creative and perfect at the time of the event - but we really had no real sense of how important their work would be until after we got our photos back. The bistro lighting in the outdoor spaces, the tree uplighting on the patio, and the tavern lights in the tent really took things up a notch. It was a memorable night, made more so by Jake and John's artistry and technical expertise, not to mention their staff who implemented their vision. I recommend them highly and would certainly use them again, given the opportunity!

Sent on 01/01/2015

Angela · Married on 10/20/2014

Jake from lighting professors took our private home venue to another level - he added an ambiance for our dinner that was just gorgeous. We were on the water and wanted a way to have additional lighting, but didn't want anything too over the top - he created almost a canopy of lights over top of our dining table and it was just beautiful! He also did a small bit of uplighting around the house, which was perfect. With the water and the sunset - we couldn't have asked for a better outcome! Thank you so much Jake - you and your team are amazing!

Sent on 12/14/2014

Leslie · Married on 09/20/2014

Lighting Professors turned a tent and our property into a beautiful wedding venue... It was spectacular and set the mood for a fabulous reception and the best party ever!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Danielle · Married on 09/20/2014

I used Lighting Professors for my outdoor tented wedding and I honestly can't say enough good things about them. Jake was so easy and fun to work. The bistro lighting and "BAR" marquee light were exactly what I had hoped for and our guests were constantly saying how beautiful the lighting was!

Sent on 10/15/2014

I was connected to Jake via my wedding planner just a few weeks before my wedding. I hadn't considered it in my budget originally, but she convinced me that it was worth the investment. He put together the quote for me, send it, and I signed and paid the same day with their online forms! They were THAT easy to work with. The work the Lighting Professors did for our wedding was incredible - it really transformed our room night and day. The reception looked absolutely beautiful!! I can honestly say it was one of the best investments I made in planning our reception space. Great job guys!!!

Sent on 07/27/2014

Michael · Married on 05/24/2014

My daughter lives on a horse farm, so naturally she wanted her dream wedding to be held outdoors on the farm she loves. She had a vision of how she wanted the wedding to be – NO tent, eating, playing and dancing under the stars. She wanted bistro lighting strung between the trees across the open field and all the trees around the field lit up. A rather tall order! I contacted 7 different lighting companies to explore the feasibility of realizing my daughters dream. Only one company was up to the challenge – The Lighting Professors. Jake Anderson is the owner and creative talent. Not only did he bring to bear his remarkable technical expertise to create my daughters vision, he was wonderful to work with – simply a nice person. He promptly returned every phone call and e-mail. I highly recommend that anyone with lighting needs contact Jake. You will not regret the results.
    Finally, not only where bistro lights across the fields, he hung a chandelier over the bride and grooms table in the middle of the field. Additionally, 750 feet of tree line around the field where lit with lights that changed colors according to the mood of the music and the stately 460 year old oak tree at the far end of the field was fully lit. It was magical.

Sent on 05/31/2014

Jake is fantastic! I knew lighting mattered but I had no idea how much it was going to truly make our ceremony and reception so elegant and beautiful. Jake did an outstanding job using his new pinlight technique for our wedding, did an excellent job lighting us for the ceremony and dance, and used uplighting to create such a gorgeous atmosphere. He made the rotunda at the science museum look so intimate.
    Other positive notes, Jake is just a lot of fun to work with, he was super responsive to us, always available by phone and email, he was beyond reasonably priced (what a great deal he was for his time and help), he took the time to scout out the venue early on to come up with his lighting and budget proposal, and the best thing was that we felt he truly listened to us and did not offer us expensive things that we did not want or need. He understood our budget goals and our vision and did more than we thought possible to create a lovely atmosphere for our wedding.

Sent on 01/27/2014

Sandra · Married on 11/02/2013

From the beginning of my inquiry to delivery of the final product, Jake w/ Lighting Professors exceeded my expectations. He was responsive to every email and/or phone call as well as actively reaching out to me to ensure the day of ran as smooth as possible. Jake was on time, understood exactly what I wanted with me providing little direction and even better, he was very flexible when at the last minute the table arrangements changed. I received several compliments, from guests as well as the venue in regards to the quality and ambiance his services provided to the reception. I believe this was one of the key contributions to making my wedding an event that would never be forgotten, not just for us but for my guests as well.

Sent on 11/14/2013

Angela · Married on 11/02/2013

This review is slightly late, but I wanted to give my feedback. Lighting Professors and their owner Jake was very easy to work with. We contacted him with our interest in using him and he went out to our venue to asses the space. Within 5-7 days we had a contract. Jake responded to my questions about the contract and prices the same day. We signed the contract 2 days later. What a relief to have such an easy vendor to work with! Thank you Jake and Lighting Professors!

Sent on 05/28/2015