Lighthouse Sound Reviews

Lighthouse Sound 6
Lighthouse Sound 7
  • Amanda

Amanda Pryce · Getting married on 09/27/2020

Gorgeous venue, booked immediately after tour

Felt compelled to write this review because I saw another review that I wanted to counteract.

We toured the venue with Laura over Labor Day weekend and knew RIGHT AWAY this was our venue. The inside is country club chic and the outside is absolutely magnificent. The views are gorgeous and the grounds are so well kept. Laura has been an absolute dream to work with, and even booked us a dinner reservation the night before our tour so we could try the food. The only smells we encountered were the food, the fresh cut grass, and the saltwater air.

We're booked for next year and cannot WAIT to have the best day of our lives with our friends and family at Lighthouse Sound!

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • housetyrrell2020

Jacqueline · Getting married on 05/21/2020

Wonderful Tour!

My fiance and I went to go check out Lighthouse Sound as a potential venue. Lighthouse would be a beautiful venue and has some more affordable wedding packages if you are a bride on a budget. When my fiance and I went on a tour, everyone was extremely nice and all of our questions were answered. I would have totally picked Lighthouse Sound as a choice if my fiance and I didn't decide on a destination wedding instead! A note for brides with a smaller guest count: check this place out! I had a guest count of 20-40 people and they were more than willing to work with me!

Sent on 02/05/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 09/21/2019

All around amazing!

We got married at the Lighthouse Sound on 9/21/19. Lauren and the staff were phenomenal. Lauren was beyond helpful throughout the whole planning process. Whenever I had a question or concern or needed to change something, she was prompt with a response and always accommodating. She was so calm, cool and collected during the planning process and the day of, it put me at ease. The venue is beautiful, the food is always delicious and everyone had a great time! I can't put into words how happy I am to have had Lauren's help, along with the rest of the staff, and I'm so happy we chose the Lighthouse Sound for our special day!

Sent on 10/07/2019
    Lighthouse Sound 8
    Lighthouse Sound 9
    Lighthouse Sound 10

Rachel Cagiwa · Married on 12/07/2018

The perfect wedding venue DOES exist

The lighthouse sound made my wedding day absolutely perfect! Every little detail was thought of and handled promptly. On my big day I did not have to worry about a single thing. First of all there’s always a dilemma about whether or not to hire a wedding planner. With the lighthouse sound comes a lovely little angel named Lauren Thorp. She is AMAZING. Any question that I or my mom had during the process could be emailed directly to her and we would receive quick responses. She is a problem solver that aims to please. She was hugely accommodating letting us store decorations in her office the week of, decorate the dining room the day before, giving us a thourough information on the food and letting us change our minds on things without complaint. Just a few examples. Now I’m sure having our wedding in the off season (December) helped but we always seemed to be high priority for Lauren and the whole lighthouse sound staff. The venue accommodates up to 120 people our own wedding was about 80. Being that it was December the ceremony took place in the main dining room and as the guests enjoyed cocktail hour in the separate bar the room was flipped for the reception to take place. The whole process was smooth and perfect. The space is beautiful and the grounds offer the most beautiful backdrop for photos. Also the restaurant has lots of lovely Christmas decorations and being that we had a Christmas wedding, that was a huge plus! Looking back on my wedding day I have zero regrets choosing the lighthouse sound.

Sent on 02/03/2019
  • Serena

Serena · Married on 11/03/2018

Extraordinary

I can’t be happier about my decision of having the reception at lighthouse sound! My wedding planner Lauren Thorp is the best!! She is very professional and responsible! She made my wedding reception like a dream to me! I am very lucky!

Sent on 12/24/2018
    Lighthouse Sound 24
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/20/2018

October 20th 2018 Wylde-Snyder Wedding

Lighthouse Sound is a beautiful place to have a wedding. I highly recommend having your wedding here. When my husband and I got engaged we contacting Lauren Thorp the event Coordinator right away because we knew they book up fast and we couldn't see ourselves getting married anywhere else in the area. Lauren Thorp is absolutely amazing. She is easy to work with. She works extremely hard to make your day special. She is very organized and caring. In fact, she goes above and beyond what her job title is. If I had a concern, problem or question she got back to me right away.
    When I walked into my reception everything was PERFECT!!! I have to give all the credit to Shellie, Lauren, and the staff at Lighthouse. They made my wedding the absolute best day of my Life! I was so very happy with everything. My parents who actually paid for the entire wedding were even more impressed with everything. ( My parents have been to a lot of weddings, ones that cost 300,00 dollars and they said this venue, staff, food and everything about lighthouse sound was better then any of those weddings they had been too)
    The food is absolutely delicious. We decided to go with a buffet with all the eating allergies our guests had. Everyone at our wedding couldn't stop raving about the food.
    My guest enjoyed my wedding very much. They must have told my parents a hundred times that this was by far the best wedding they have ever been too. These amazing reviews could not have happened without the Staff who made this day amazing. The staff at lighthouse sound are so accommodating, friendly, and fun. I love how they were always on top of everything. Food came out promptly, clearing of the plates was on point and their mannerism were perfect. Overall, my husband and I would highly recommend Lighthouse Sound. Everything was perfect. Nothing went wrong at all!!

Sent on 11/18/2018
  • Breanna

Breanna Keich · Married on 10/13/2018

Perfect Venue

From the moment we walked into Lighthouse Sound we knew it would the venue we would get married in. All the planning and prep that led up to our big day was made easier by Lauren, the wedding coordinator. She answered every question and went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect and everything we could have ever hoped for. The venue has a perfect location, situated just outside of the main hustle and bustle of OCMD. The backdrop of our ceremony and our pictures left us and all of our guests in awe! As did the delicious food. We can’t wait to go back and celebrate our wedding anniversary with a wonderful dinner.

Sent on 01/09/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Oursler · Married on 10/06/2018

The perfect venue

We cannot say enough great things about Lighthouse Sound! First of all, their venue is GORGEOUS. The water and the ocean city skyline is beautiful day and night. Second, they are a pleasure to work with. Lauren Thorp was our coordinator and she went above and beyond every expectation to make our day a success. She is such a warm and welcoming person, we felt at home with her from the very first day. Lastly, everyone at the venue was so accommodating and attentive. From the bar staff, to the waiters, to the chefs, to Lauren, everyone doted on us to make it our best day ever. You can't go wrong choosing Lighthouse Sound for your special day.
    (PS- if you are worried about it feeling too much like a golf course, you won't even NOTICE. They have so many gorgeous locations for photos-- a dock on the water, a wooded area, a private beach!!! From inside the venue and from the photos, you cannot even tell it is a golf course. It just looks like a fairytale!)

Sent on 10/20/2018
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 09/23/2018

The Perfect Wedding Day

My husband and I will forever be thankful for Lauren and the staff at Lighthouse Sound. Our day could not have been more perfect. Leading up to our wedding, Lauren was always responsive to my emails, and she was willing to help out in any way she could. We were an out-of-town couple (we live in California), so her help was appreciated in every step of the way. It ended up raining our wedding day, but Lauren and her staff made sure the day was executed perfectly. The staff who worked our reception treated everyone like family. It was an incredibly experience in every way. Endless thanks to Lauren and the Lighthouse Sound staff!

Sent on 12/01/2018

Taylor · Married on 09/08/2018

Lauren and the team at Lighthouse Sound were absolutely AMAZING in preparing for and executing the plans for our big day. We were so excited to have the wedding outside, but when an unexpected storm came through the morning of the wedding, we made the decision to have it inside the venue. BEST DECISION EVER. It was so beautiful and felt so romantic inside. The lights were dimmed, and we had a panoramic view of the bay, which was truly stunning. Lauren was so calm throughout the whole day, which helped me to remain calm, and set the tone for the whole day! Sylvia was our "handler" during dinner, and she made sure our drinks were always full, and we had everything we needed (and didn't know we needed!). It was the most beautiful, perfect, and FUN day! It is, without a doubt, the best place to have your wedding--or any party--on the Eastern Shore. I can't thank Lauren and everyone at Lighthouse enough!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Shailyn · Married on 08/18/2018

Spectacular!

I had my wedding here. Lauren was amazing... our big day went from beginning to end with no hiccups and to be honest I was very hands off. Lauren and the friendly staff handled it all. I have absolutely no regrets about choosing this beautiful venue for my wedding. The food is spectacular!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Stephanie · Married on 05/12/2018

Our wedding was May 12th, 2018 and was an absolute dream. This venue is absolutely gorgeous inside and out ( especially out ;) ). Each and every single staff member that worked that night was friendly and seemed genuinely happy to serve our guests and my husband + I in any way that they could. The food was delicious and the view is simply to die. I also can not say enough about the wedding planner that The Lighthouse Sound provided to us - Lauren Thorpe. She was absolutely incredible in all the days leading up to our wedding and on the day of. She answered all calls and emails promptly and accommodated every single request that I had. She worked her butt off and helped to make this wedding the dream that it was. I can not say enough about her and am so grateful to her.

Sent on 05/30/2018

B · Married on 05/05/2018

Lauren and company were phenomenal!!!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Scott · Married on 03/17/2018

I can't say enough nice things about The Restaurant at Lighthouse Sound. My daughter just had her wedding there. Great "one-stop shopping": the contract included the site, set-up, the ceremony, the food, the open bar, and Lauren, our amazing wedding planner. The manager, Shellie, was sharp, too. The food was delicious. The waiters were extremely courteous and responsive. And the scenery was really, really something -- your photographer will have a lot to work with. I wish I could give 'em six stars. Superior job! Best wishes, Scott.

Sent on 03/22/2018

Krystie · Married on 02/10/2018

Lighthouse sound, Lauren Thorp and staff helped make my wedding day the perfect fairytale wedding! Just 30 days before my wedding I received a phone call that my original venue was closing and couldn't accommodate my wedding. Just when I thought my heart was broken, Lauren and her wonderful staff were there to pick up the pieces. They were able to accommodate my date within 30 days. They made sure everything would stay the same and my vision of my wedding day wouldn't be ruined! And everything was simply perfect, the food, the flowers, the set up of the tables and dance floor, the VIEW and of course the amazing staff! I sure do have one crazy wedding story, but my wedding day was beyond perfect! It was more perfect then I could have ever imagined! I highly recommend this venue for any celebration that you may have. The staff welcomed my family and I with open arms, I could truly feel their pain for me with the cancellation of my original venue, and lauren communicated with me daily up to my wedding day! My wedding was on February 10th, and we have already re-visited the venue for their Easter brunch buffet, and the warm welcome back I received was amazing! I couldn't thank Lighthouse sound enough for the amazing experience!

Sent on 04/22/2018

Marissa · Married on 10/14/2017

I got married at Lighthouse Sound on 10/14/17. Lauren the events coordinator and Shellie the general manager were great to work with during every step in the process. They were extremely responsive and accommodated our every request. They are clearly very experienced in running weddings and anticipated our needs before we even knew to ask. All 120+ guests at my wedding had a great time and the evening went off without a hitch. If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely choose to get married at Lighthouse Sound again.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Rachel · Married on 09/25/2016

Lighthouse Sound was a perfect spot for my wedding! Melissa and the staff were very attentive and helpful. She let us customize our menu options and the food was fantastic! Our guests loved the patio outside for cocktail hour and the view was incredible!! I would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/08/2016

Jayme · Married on 08/26/2016

My husband and I got married at Lighthouse Sound on 8/26/16. We planned our wedding from Florida and Melissa was amazing. She helped us with vendors and accommodations and everything in between. She is fantastic at her job!! The day of our wedding I didn't have to worry about a thing, Melissa and her team took care of everything. Everyone said it was one of the best weddings they had been to and I give all that credit to Melissa and Lighthouse Sound for making the process so easy for us! Reasonable prices, beautiful views, organized/professional -- all top notch! Thank you!!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Tami · Married on 08/13/2016

Melissa at LHS was great to work with!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Sarah · Married on 08/06/2016

Lighthouse sound was perfect for our wedding the perfect picture the perfect day everything was perfect the food was wonderful I love having my wedding there Melissa was wonderful

Sent on 10/11/2016

Hannah · Married on 06/18/2016

I recently got married at Lighthouse Sound on June 18th 2016 and it was everything I had always hoped for! Melissa and her staff were so organized and professional. If i ever had any questions Melissa always responded in a timely manor. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking for a water front venue on the eastern shore!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Cristina · Married on 06/03/2016

Melissa and the staff at Lighthouse Sound are absolutely amazing - first class service all around. The food is incredible, the view is spectacular, and the entire venue is just WOW from beginning to end.

Sent on 07/25/2016

We just had our wedding there on 10/10/2015 and it was AMAZING. The view,the food, the service was perfect. All our guest were impressed about how beautiful this place is. I am really happy that we chose the Lighthouse Sound Restaurant and thank you Melissa for all her help. The Lighthouse Sound team made our special day AWESOME...They are very friendly, very professional, reliable and super fun! I would highly recommend Lighthouse Sound Restaurant for your special occasion ... I have no doubt they will help you have an extraordinary and memorable event.THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Tripper · Married on 08/08/2015

We had our rehearsal dinner at Lighthouse Sound. What a breathtaking view! The food was also delicious. My parents set up a slide show, and the staff at LHS helped them set up the screen. Everyone was so courteous and helpful. I also play gold and cant wait to get back there to play and eat again.

Sent on 08/21/2015

Stephanie · Married on 10/18/2014

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at Lighthouse Sound on 10/18/2014. The event coordinator, Olya Tilley, was wonderful. She was very flexible, detail oriented, and super accommodating. The gazebo where we held the ceremony was very nice and our guests could see the whole ceremony nicely. As soon as the ceremony was over, Olya's staff was passing drinks and appetizers so my guests didn't have to wait in line. Olya let us use two golf carts to get photos throughout the course. The dinner was fabulous and Olya continued to stay throughout the night and make sure we didn't need anything. I would highly recommend this venue for any type of event!

Sent on 10/30/2014