Lighthouse Sound Reviews

53 Lighthouse Sound Reviews
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/20/2018

October 20th 2018 Wylde-Snyder Wedding

Lighthouse Sound is a beautiful place to have a wedding. I highly recommend having your wedding here. When my husband and I got engaged we contacting Lauren Thorp the event Coordinator right away because we knew they book up fast and we couldn't see ourselves getting married anywhere else in the area. Lauren Thorp is absolutely amazing. She is easy to work with. She works extremely hard to make your day special. She is very organized and caring. In fact, she goes above and beyond what her job title is. If I had a concern, problem or question she got back to me right away.
    When I walked into my reception everything was PERFECT!!! I have to give all the credit to Shellie, Lauren, and the staff at Lighthouse. They made my wedding the absolute best day of my Life! I was so very happy with everything. My parents who actually paid for the entire wedding were even more impressed with everything. ( My parents have been to a lot of weddings, ones that cost 300,00 dollars and they said this venue, staff, food and everything about lighthouse sound was better then any of those weddings they had been too)
    The food is absolutely delicious. We decided to go with a buffet with all the eating allergies our guests had. Everyone at our wedding couldn't stop raving about the food.
    My guest enjoyed my wedding very much. They must have told my parents a hundred times that this was by far the best wedding they have ever been too. These amazing reviews could not have happened without the Staff who made this day amazing. The staff at lighthouse sound are so accommodating, friendly, and fun. I love how they were always on top of everything. Food came out promptly, clearing of the plates was on point and their mannerism were perfect. Overall, my husband and I would highly recommend Lighthouse Sound. Everything was perfect. Nothing went wrong at all!!

• Nicole

Nicole Oursler · Married on 10/06/2018

The perfect venue

We cannot say enough great things about Lighthouse Sound! First of all, their venue is GORGEOUS. The water and the ocean city skyline is beautiful day and night. Second, they are a pleasure to work with. Lauren Thorp was our coordinator and she went above and beyond every expectation to make our day a success. She is such a warm and welcoming person, we felt at home with her from the very first day. Lastly, everyone at the venue was so accommodating and attentive. From the bar staff, to the waiters, to the chefs, to Lauren, everyone doted on us to make it our best day ever. You can't go wrong choosing Lighthouse Sound for your special day.
    (PS- if you are worried about it feeling too much like a golf course, you won't even NOTICE. They have so many gorgeous locations for photos-- a dock on the water, a wooded area, a private beach!!! From inside the venue and from the photos, you cannot even tell it is a golf course. It just looks like a fairytale!)

Shailyn · Married on 08/18/2018

Spectacular!

I had my wedding here. Lauren was amazing... our big day went from beginning to end with no hiccups and to be honest I was very hands off. Lauren and the friendly staff handled it all. I have absolutely no regrets about choosing this beautiful venue for my wedding. The food is spectacular!

Stephanie · Married on 05/12/2018

Our wedding was May 12th, 2018 and was an absolute dream. This venue is absolutely gorgeous inside and out ( especially out ;) ). Each and every single staff member that worked that night was friendly and seemed genuinely happy to serve our guests and my husband + I in any way that they could. The food was delicious and the view is simply to die. I also can not say enough about the wedding planner that The Lighthouse Sound provided to us - Lauren Thorpe. She was absolutely incredible in all the days leading up to our wedding and on the day of. She answered all calls and emails promptly and accommodated every single request that I had. She worked her butt off and helped to make this wedding the dream that it was. I can not say enough about her and am so grateful to her.

B · Married on 05/05/2018

Lauren and company were phenomenal!!!

Scott · Married on 03/17/2018

I can't say enough nice things about The Restaurant at Lighthouse Sound. My daughter just had her wedding there. Great "one-stop shopping": the contract included the site, set-up, the ceremony, the food, the open bar, and Lauren, our amazing wedding planner. The manager, Shellie, was sharp, too. The food was delicious. The waiters were extremely courteous and responsive. And the scenery was really, really something -- your photographer will have a lot to work with. I wish I could give 'em six stars. Superior job! Best wishes, Scott.

Krystie · Married on 02/10/2018

Lighthouse sound, Lauren Thorp and staff helped make my wedding day the perfect fairytale wedding! Just 30 days before my wedding I received a phone call that my original venue was closing and couldn't accommodate my wedding. Just when I thought my heart was broken, Lauren and her wonderful staff were there to pick up the pieces. They were able to accommodate my date within 30 days. They made sure everything would stay the same and my vision of my wedding day wouldn't be ruined! And everything was simply perfect, the food, the flowers, the set up of the tables and dance floor, the VIEW and of course the amazing staff! I sure do have one crazy wedding story, but my wedding day was beyond perfect! It was more perfect then I could have ever imagined! I highly recommend this venue for any celebration that you may have. The staff welcomed my family and I with open arms, I could truly feel their pain for me with the cancellation of my original venue, and lauren communicated with me daily up to my wedding day! My wedding was on February 10th, and we have already re-visited the venue for their Easter brunch buffet, and the warm welcome back I received was amazing! I couldn't thank Lighthouse sound enough for the amazing experience!

Marissa · Married on 10/14/2017

I got married at Lighthouse Sound on 10/14/17. Lauren the events coordinator and Shellie the general manager were great to work with during every step in the process. They were extremely responsive and accommodated our every request. They are clearly very experienced in running weddings and anticipated our needs before we even knew to ask. All 120+ guests at my wedding had a great time and the evening went off without a hitch. If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely choose to get married at Lighthouse Sound again.

Rachel · Married on 09/25/2016

Lighthouse Sound was a perfect spot for my wedding! Melissa and the staff were very attentive and helpful. She let us customize our menu options and the food was fantastic! Our guests loved the patio outside for cocktail hour and the view was incredible!! I would highly recommend!

Jayme · Married on 08/26/2016

My husband and I got married at Lighthouse Sound on 8/26/16. We planned our wedding from Florida and Melissa was amazing. She helped us with vendors and accommodations and everything in between. She is fantastic at her job!! The day of our wedding I didn't have to worry about a thing, Melissa and her team took care of everything. Everyone said it was one of the best weddings they had been to and I give all that credit to Melissa and Lighthouse Sound for making the process so easy for us! Reasonable prices, beautiful views, organized/professional -- all top notch! Thank you!!

Tami · Married on 08/13/2016

Melissa at LHS was great to work with!

Sarah · Married on 08/06/2016

Lighthouse sound was perfect for our wedding the perfect picture the perfect day everything was perfect the food was wonderful I love having my wedding there Melissa was wonderful

Hannah · Married on 06/18/2016

I recently got married at Lighthouse Sound on June 18th 2016 and it was everything I had always hoped for! Melissa and her staff were so organized and professional. If i ever had any questions Melissa always responded in a timely manor. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking for a water front venue on the eastern shore!

Cristina · Married on 06/03/2016

Melissa and the staff at Lighthouse Sound are absolutely amazing - first class service all around. The food is incredible, the view is spectacular, and the entire venue is just WOW from beginning to end.

We just had our wedding there on 10/10/2015 and it was AMAZING. The view,the food, the service was perfect. All our guest were impressed about how beautiful this place is. I am really happy that we chose the Lighthouse Sound Restaurant and thank you Melissa for all her help. The Lighthouse Sound team made our special day AWESOME...They are very friendly, very professional, reliable and super fun! I would highly recommend Lighthouse Sound Restaurant for your special occasion ... I have no doubt they will help you have an extraordinary and memorable event.THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!

Tripper · Married on 08/08/2015

We had our rehearsal dinner at Lighthouse Sound. What a breathtaking view! The food was also delicious. My parents set up a slide show, and the staff at LHS helped them set up the screen. Everyone was so courteous and helpful. I also play gold and cant wait to get back there to play and eat again.

Stephanie · Married on 10/18/2014

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at Lighthouse Sound on 10/18/2014. The event coordinator, Olya Tilley, was wonderful. She was very flexible, detail oriented, and super accommodating. The gazebo where we held the ceremony was very nice and our guests could see the whole ceremony nicely. As soon as the ceremony was over, Olya's staff was passing drinks and appetizers so my guests didn't have to wait in line. Olya let us use two golf carts to get photos throughout the course. The dinner was fabulous and Olya continued to stay throughout the night and make sure we didn't need anything. I would highly recommend this venue for any type of event!

Sarah · Married on 06/26/2014

Lighthouse Sound was the most amazing venue for a wedding. I could not be happier with the decor of the restaurant, the professionalism of the staff, and the guided assistance from the event coordinator Olya. From beginning to end, Lighthouse Sound truly made my wedding an unforgettable experience.

Thank you for everything!

What can I say, our wedding was the perfect day thanks to Olya and Lighthouse sound!! Everything went off without a hitch and the food and setup were perfect! Gorgeous place for a wedding!!!

Olya and the staff were great to work with! We had our wedding in Sept 2013 and it was truly amazing. My husband and I could not have asked for a better venue. There were about 130 adults and about 15 children. At first I was a little nervous about space (especially since we had a band), but it worked out great. It was a little hard for speeches/first dance since the rooms are separated, but it worked out fine. We did the food stations, with the mashed potato bar, and we did NOT do assigned seating. This was great because people ate when they were ready and were not forced to sit down during the entire meal. We did a large head table along the back windows We had the cocktail hour out on the patio and the view was perfect. There was a bar set up outside and guests loved the fire pit, too.

We mainly contacted Olya through email to plan the wedding, and she was very good about responding with thorough, timely answers. She made the food tasting very fun, and the food was delicious, even down to the late night snack of cheeseburger sliders!

The day of the wedding the chef introduced himself to us and wanted to make sure everything was perfect. We really appreciated that. The entire waitstaff was great!

They give a round of golf for 4 complementary, then a discounted rate for additional golfers.

Such a beautiful venue, delicious food and wonderful service.

Renee · Married on 07/06/2013

Amazing! Everything was perfect! I am very peticular, and I felt nervous leaving all my decorations in the hands of Olya, but I couldn't have been happier. It was the best day of our lives, and we couldn't have picked a prettier venue. PERFECTION!

Carol · Married on 10/01/2011

The staff at Lighthouse Sound provided exemplary service to the wedding party and our guests. Every attention was given to detail.

Maria · Married on 09/10/2011

We had both our ceremony and reception at lighthouse sound. Olya and the staff at Lighthouse Sound are amazing at what they do. Everyone is so friendly and attentive. They truly went out of thier way to make our day special. The chef even came out to say hello and made sure the food was up to par. Olya worked with us every step of the way and is so organized. Our friends and family are still talking about how beautiful our wedding was and how delicious the food was, especially the crab cakes! Lighthouse sound was definitely one of the more expenses venues we looked at, but the saying is definitey true, you get what you pay for! We cannot say enough about Lighthouse Sound and would definitely recommend to anyone who wants to be treated like a royalty for a day.

Stacy · Married on 08/03/2011

Olya was there every step of the way! She is very knowledgeable and easy to work with. We were treated wonderfully and all of our questions were answered and our special requests were generously granted. The food and service were amazing and beyond what we had expected. We would highly recommend this site for both the wedding ceremony and reception. We are looking forward to returning for a dinner on our first anniversary!