Light Impressions Photography Reviews

76 | Somerset, NJ

76 Reviews for Light Impressions Photography

Monique · Married on 07/16/2010

Peter Podeszwa from Light Impressions was a pleasure to work with. He did our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures. He was not intrusive, we didn't even realize he was there. His pictures are amazing. He is extremely flexible and patient. I would highly recommend Light Impressions Photography for any wedding. We will use him again.

Sent on 07/28/2010

Erin · Married on 05/09/2009

Peter and Colette did a wonderful job. We just picked up our finished wedding album...and wow! This is a family memento we will cherish for a lifetime and well worth the cost. Our wedding was well covered and he was hardly noticable. He worked at our wedding location and knew the best spots for the perfect photos. The photo we used for our thank you cards was a work of art. In fact, Peter liked it so well he used it in his example booklets. We hope to use Peter for a family portrait soon.

Sent on 11/04/2010

Courtney · Married on 10/24/2008

We met Peter at a bridal show--his display stood out from all of the other photographers. When we visited his studio, we were blown away by the samples of portraits and albums from other weddings he had photographed--they were absolutely beautiful. It was a pleasure to have Peter be part of our wedding day--he made everyone feel completely at ease and helped make the day go smoothly. I haven't seen our proofs yet, as my wedding was just last month, but I cannot wait to see what he captured. His assistant was completely professional and helpful as well.

Sent on 11/17/2008

Candi · Married on 05/25/2008

Peter did an amazing job with my wedding! The way he tells a story with his photos is exactly what I was looking for as opposed to stage traditional photos. I was 100% happy with my photos and albums. He also makes you feel at such ease which is something you want when you are spending the day with a photographer and at the same time you barely knew he was there. Peter and his wife Collette were an absolutely pleasure to deal with from the beginning planning stages all the way through selecting your pictures for albums. I highly Recommend Light Impressions Photography and since my wedding have passed their name on to friends who have booked them and have been 100% pleased also. Thank you for helping to make my wedding a special day!

Sent on 11/01/2013

S · Married on 09/02/2017

Photos are absolutely beautiful! As mother of the groom, I was very happy with the proofs! Peter had photographed many weddings at our venue and knew all the best locations for creating beautiful photos of the bride and groom. He took great candid photos during the reception being sure to catch special moments. Each photo was beautiful! They are so accommodating and have many custom options for the parents' albums to choose from. Peter even helped me create my Christmas card using wedding photos, which came out great! Peter and Colette are amazing to work with!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Anne M. · Married on 05/25/2013

Peter and Colette were absolutely amazing to work with! Peter's style of taking pictures was exactly what we were looking for. For most of the day you didn't even know he was around...as a matter of fact, I forgot he was even there. We just got our proofs back-full-size proofs in gorgeous boxes we can keep, and I can honestly say that every single picture turned out right. Picking out pics for our books is going to be a tough job!

Sent on 08/22/2013

Sara · Married on 10/06/2012

We got married a month ago and loved having Peter Podeswa photograph our wedding. He was attentive and supportive during the planning phases and during the wedding itself. He made great suggestions and planned each detail prior to the wedding so the day ran smoothly. We have not gotten any photos and it has been 5 weeks however....although I know these things take time, I would have loved a preview. All in all Light impressions does a great job and takes lovely photos (he gave us a sneak peek on his camera at the wedding)

Sent on 11/15/2012

Jill · Married on 07/24/2010

Peter's work is fabulous and he was not intrusive at all during our wedding. I actually forgot he was there after the initial family portraits ! We selected Peter because of his fine work. My husband has been a screenwriter and knows film well. He trusted Peter's work. Several of our guests were film people, too, and photographers, and they were impressed with Peter's work during our wedding and reception. I did request one pic to put on thank you's I was making and needed to send out now, before the rest of the pics were ready, but couldn't get one for copyright reasons. I do understand Peter's position on this, but am disappointed nonetheless, since his work is more costly compared to other wedding photographers.

Sent on 08/15/2010

Melissa · Married on 10/13/2017

3.5

Peter did an amazing job capturing our best moments! He has a very calming relaxed presence about him which is a blessing among all the wedding chaos. I would highly recommend his services!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Melissa · Married on 10/13/2017

3.5

Peter did an amazing job. He has a calm and relaxed presence which is invaluable among all the chaos a wedding brings. I would highly recommend his services.

Sent on 12/20/2017

Andrea · Married on 06/11/2016

3.5

Peter was fantastic on our wedding day - his experience in not only wedding photography but weddings in general helped shape our day and made everything run smoothly. We loved his style of capturing real moments instead of posing us and family all of the time. He was able to capture photos from farther away too, not overwhelming us or our guests with cameras in your face. He is very traditional with his style and really works with you to make sure your album looks like you want it, not his own vision (although if you're not the creative type, he'll certainly help you out!). You have a ton of face time with him after the wedding to make sure the album is just how you want it.

He's very flexible with different photo packages and presents a lot of options.

One thing to note, would have been helpful to have information re: prices of individual photos beforehand (then again, I didn't think to ask about that at the beginning) for relatives that want specific photos only and not necessarily a full album.

My rating for responsiveness is <5 only because email is definitely not the way to contact them - and for me personally with my lifestyle and job, it's not always convenient to call. But if you leave them a voicemail they always call back if you have questions or concerns.

Sent on 09/01/2016

Chen · Married on 07/18/2015

Peter and Colette were such a pleasure to work with. Their professionalism and great attitude made everything go smoothly and stress-free. Peter is truly an artist - there were virtually no "bad" pictures. He was also very knowledgeable about all the different film techniques and processes and I think his finished products look the most unique / personalized of any vendors that we had evaluated. Our only complaint is that access to digital prints was not included and we had to pay an extra fee (and we could only get about half of them posted), and I feel this is something that should be a basic inclusion these days.

Sent on 01/04/2016
  • F

Fraus · Married on 04/07/2019

I Couldn't Be Happier with My Wedding Photos!

Peter is awesome! He is very creative, and took terrific photos throughout our wedding day! He was also very helpful in many ways... corsages, helpful hints, timing of day, etc. Best of all, I was very comfortable with him and he stands behind his own business,

Sent on 08/01/2019

Samantha · Married on 11/01/2013

Peter and his assistant took photos for my Nov 1, 2013 wedding. Before the wedding Peter and his wife were great to work with, they made the process easy. While Peter's prices are a little high I believe his work is well worth it. I have not received my photos yet but from the shots Peter showed me I know they are going to be great! I can not wait to see them. Best thing about Peter is that you really don't even notice him taking pictures during the reception!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Peter and Colette were a pleasure to work with. They were very personable, professional, and despite being very busy, were rather easy to touch base with when needed. They also spent a fair amount of time with you during appointments to discuss photography preferences, album layout, etc. Moreover, they have quality equipment that produces great pictures and isn't too clunky and in the way during the wedding day. The only downside would be the length of time it took to get our albums (16 months!). Overall however, they are great, and would recommend their work!

Sent on 10/20/2013

Allison · Married on 10/23/2011

Peter was fantastic to work with! He took many different types of shots (color, black and white, infared), and offered us a variety of posed pictures and candids/ photojournalistic. We just got our proofs back and cant wait to start putting together our album-- it will be hard to decide!

Sent on 12/20/2011

Alison · Married on 06/23/2012

Peter and Colette were great to work with and our photos came out beautifully. We are still waiting to see our final album (my fault, I was slow in choosing photos!), but I am sure based on all the example albums that Peter shared with us that it will be beautiful. Peter captured all of our wedding details that we worked so hard on so that we have them in our images, which was wonderful. He was also very respectful and accommodated family requests from family for groups shots etc. Peter also went above and beyond to help us incorporate photobooth images into our formal album, which will make it extra special. Overall, I would highly recommend Peter and light impressions photography for your wedding!

Sent on 10/23/2013
  • Tyler

Tyler S. · Married on 11/02/2020

Professional, affordable, hands-on, caring, but a little old fashioned.

Peter and Collette were a pleasure to work with and offered an intimate hands-on experience each step of the way. When working with Peter you are working with someone who clearly loves his craft and tries very hard to ensure that his and your vision are part of your wedding day. Peter covered all the bases and we came away with many beautiful photos from our day. Peter was also great during the wedding reception and was right in the action (or at the top of a ladder) but did so subtlety and respectfully (unlike experiences I’ve seen at other weddings).

That being said, Peter is a little old-fashioned. If you are expecting instant gratification, fast turnaround and digital photos that you can share shortly after – than this may not be the best choice for you. Our photos were not available digitally for months after the wedding and only after request and some prodding. Our photos were beautiful and met expectations – however the modern touch ups and style of photography you’ve seen elsewhere are a little different from the style at Light Impressions.

Overall, Peter and Collette were a pleasure to work with. However, be cognizant of your expectations and the modern v. old-fashioned style.

Sent on 10/16/2020

Andrea · Married on 09/27/2015

Big fan of them. Very kind and responsive. We did feel like we would have liked 2 photographers at the wedding, now looking back. Not their fault. Quality was good and we ended up with a few shots we love. I recommend asking for Peter as your photographer day of. He is very talented.

Sent on 12/12/2017

Emily · Married on 04/11/2015

We had a great experience with Light Impressions for photography on our wedding day. Peter and Colette did a great job working with us ahead of time to make sure that he captured all the moments that were important to us. The day of, Peter and his assistant kept us on track and did a great job capturing the moments, yet stayed in the background so we did not feel like our day was posed and we were able to enjoy ourselves. Our pictures turned out beautiful and we will treasure them for our lifetime. Light Impressions is the go to photographer for weddings in northern NJ, especially if at the Conservatory at the Madison Hotel. Our only complaint is that you will have to wait a few weeks to see the initial photos, then another few months to get the digital versions. The pictures are worth the wait!!!

Sent on 11/22/2015

4.2
      3.5

When looking for a photographer, I asked several friends who had recently gotten married for a recommendation - none were willing to recommend theirs. I, however, am happy to recommend Light Impressions. They are a bit "old school" which may not appeal to everyone - those looking for more instant gratification in terms of prints / albums or more modern / artsy pics - but that does mean that the quality is high! Importantly, as photographers are with the bride all day long, Peter was very respectful of all that the day represented and was not too "in your face" as I have heard of other photographers. He worked with us to get the portraits done efficiently so we could enjoy the party. We were very happy with Light Impressions on the day of, when reviewed our proofs, and when we got our final album! Peter's wife Collette helps with the business side and she is a delightful person to work with throughout the process!

Sent on 06/06/2015

4.2
      3.5

Peter's work is just beautiful! I felt like I would be in good hands, and he proved it on our wedding day. He and his assitant were very professional and our photos are gorgeous-especially the black and white ones. Peter uses actual B&W film instead of changing color photos via a computer, so they look extra perfect. I can't speak to our album yet as we haven't started working on it yet, but I would definitely recommend Peter for your wedding!

Sent on 10/28/2013
  • O

Kate · Married on 10/27/2006

3.5

This is a husband and wife team. I chose Peter to be my photographer after I had seen many others. After sitting with at least 10 different photographers and seeing basically the same pictures over and over and ooooover again, I found Light Impressions. This guy is an artist. He takes beautiful pictures. I don't have my album back yet, but I'm confident that it will be gorgeous. The only problems I had were - it was just him, no assistant. I would have preferred another person there for more coverage. I saw Peter almost missing my father daughter dance when I watched my wedding video. That was a close one. Another problem I had was that he doesn't put the pictures online. He uses probably a 50/50 mix of digital and film photography, but even the digitals weren't put online for sharing. I have 3 boxes of proofs, which I'll have to scan one by one if I want to archive them on my computer. To me, having beautiful photographs was more important, so that's why I went with Peter and Light Impressions.

Sent on 10/07/2008

Christina · Married on 07/16/2016

3.6
      3.0

The photos of our wedding came out really nice. Our album came out really nice and the pictures look beautiful.

Sent on 12/31/2017

Kaitlyn · Married on 04/16/2011

3.6
      2.5
      3.0

If you don't care about having your pictures online or right away after your wedding, go with Light Impressions. Peter and his assistant took beautiful pictures. His assistant took real black and white film which turned out awesome. The pictures were natural. Peter was great to work with on my wedding day and very professional. The issues were after my wedding. He told me he could put my pictures online, however later told me there was a charge. I got my proofs fairly quickly, but nothing digital. He told me, AFTER booking and after my wedding, that it takes 6 months from when we pick album pictures to produce the album. And then, and only after the album is created, do I get the digital pictures so I can put them online. This is not the modern way of doing things. My brother was married less than 2 months ago and has his pictures online already for family and friends to admire. Peter's pictures turned out great, but I want my prints right away to share and give as gifts.

Sent on 11/02/2011