Light Impressions Photography Reviews

76 | Somerset, NJ

76 Reviews for Light Impressions Photography

Christine · Married on 07/25/2015

Light Impressions does amazing work our wedding pictures came out beautiful!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Josephine · Married on 07/11/2015

My Favorite part about Light Impressions was that our parents got to pick and design their own albums which most photographers give the parents the same exact album as the bride and groom. In addition, most photographers design the albums were as we had the artistic freedom to do as we please. I would recommend them and I will be using them for any future events. Thanks!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Michela · Married on 07/03/2015

Peter does more work beforehand so you have less to worry about on the day of your wedding. He also makes sure you have every shot you asked for beforehand because the day of will go by so quickly that you will forget everything. While Peter will take a few "standard" wedding party photos he won't take anything cheesy. You will get elegant photos that are artistic and natural. If you are booking him for the Madison Hotel his really knows the space so well!!

Sent on 09/24/2015

Lisa · Married on 06/27/2015

We were very happy with everything! Very nice people, absolutely love what they do! Responded immediately, gave us great tips to make our day even more special, very flexible, fair prices. Truly one of a kind service. Recommend to all!!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Kelly · Married on 08/17/2014

The photos that Peter took were amazing. It was exactly the type of photography that we wanted for our wedding. Peter really captured the every emotion that we felt at our wedding. They were very professional and Peter and Colette were always so welcoming and helpful. I would recommend Light Impressions Photography to all of my friends and family.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Stacy · Married on 07/19/2014

I simply cannot say enough when it comes to our experience with light impressions photography. Having an interest in photography myself, I was very picky when it came to choosing our wedding photographer. Additionally, a friend of ours recommended light impressions as they did her wedding, and she is a photographer as well. My husband and I knew from the day that we met Peter and Colette that light impressions would be the photographer for our wedding. Peter has the photographic eye that we were looking for and focuses more on the natural moments of the day rather than posed portraits. He made my husband who does not enjoy being photographed feel extremely comfortable and took wonderful shots of our day. Additionally, as a teacher I am extremely organized and knew exactly the photos I wanted taken (whether it be a pinterest idea or a large family photo) and Peter had a photo check list for us to fill out before our wedding day to ensure all of our pictures we taken. He even had an assistant with him to check off each photo as it was taken in order to make sure we had everything we wanted! Furthermore, I did a lot of DIY projects for my wedding and wanted all of that hard work captured in photos. Peter took it upon himself to get to the venue early and photograph what I wanted just to make us happy!
    With light impressions photography, you not only get great quality photos (with real film in black and white) but you get a personable experience. You will never be just another client to light impressions, you become a friend. Peter and Colette get to know you and your style and use that knowledge to photograph your day just how you want it. Peter also sits down with you after the wedding and helps you design a one of a kind album that is just what you wanted. Light Impressions is always available to call when you have any questions and they genuinely care about making you happy. I would strongly recommend this photographer for your wedding!

Sent on 12/28/2014

Kristin · Married on 07/05/2014

The photographer and his partner were a lot of fun to work with and made sure that the true special moments were captured. They were extremely professional and willing to take suggestions from the Bride and Groom as to any special pictures they wanted to have taken. Their pictures always told the smaller stories as well as the main story of the day. Overall, their pictures are a work of art.

Sent on 11/28/2015

Carolina · Married on 06/21/2014

Peter and Light Impressions were ABSOLUTELY THE BEST PHOTOGRAPHY COMPANY to work with. We met Peter at a wedding show and were impressed with the quality of his work. We booked him as our photographer and were very pleased with his professionalism, courtesy, patience with our questions, quality of his work, timeliness, and his knowledge of the industry. He was very timely the day of our wedding and worked the whole day to capture natural moments which most photographers don't do! He never was pushy during our wedding in asking us to pose or take pictures but rather captured shots of everything and everyone naturally having a great time. He went above and beyond for us from point A to Z and we would recommend him to all of our family and friends.

Sent on 08/03/2015

Kaitlin · Married on 06/14/2014

Peter and his wife, Collette, were an absolute pleasure from the beginning. We met Peter at the bridal show at the Madison Hotel and he was extremely professional and had great samples. We then met Peter where he walked us through our package options and what to expect from him the day of the wedding. We even hired Pete for our engagement photos. He and his wife came to Hoboken for a beautiful photoshoot by the waterfront.

The week before the wedding, Pete called and walked us through the day, being specific with timings and the flow of the day, ensuring we had nothing to worry about. Peter arrived right on time, starting with casual getting ready pictures of the bridal party and then the First Look. Peter flawlessly transitioned between the various bridal party and parent groups for pictures ensuring he went through all the pictures we had requested. At the reception, we hardly noticed he was there, but he seemed to capture every important moment. A great part about Peter, different from other photographers, is that he stays until the very end, so he captured all the priceless dancing photos (he even got on a step ladder!).

The box of photos we received were spectacular from the formal bridal party photos to the candids. The black and white photos are also the best I have seen. We cannot wait to select our pictures and make our album!

Sent on 08/26/2014

Lauren · Married on 05/09/2014

Easy and kind

Working with Light Impressions was an easy experience. It took us quite a bit longer to complete our album, but Peter was patient and helpful throughout the process.

Sent on 04/04/2019

Caitlin · Married on 12/14/2013

Peter was wonderful!!! So organized and the pictures all came out amazing!!! Colette was super sweet and lovely to deal with. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Peter was a phenomenal photographer for our wedding! He was patient and very organized! Our favorite photos are the candid pictures he took and he did not miss one moment of our day! Colette is lovely and a pleasure to deal with. Both Peter and Colette are very professional yet still make you feel like family. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 02/13/2015

Sharon · Married on 10/11/2013

Peter is wonderful to have as your wedding photographer. He is not obtrusive and allows the couple to actually enjoy their big day without sticking a camera in your face. I saw a few of the shots he had taken at the wedding and they were all incredible shots. Either Peter has eyes in the back of his head because he seems to always be around for those pic taking moments or he has developed a sixth sense by now. We had a halloween themed wedding and Peter is probably considered a halloween expert by now after our shindig at the bretton woods mansion. Choose Peter.... His assistant is friendly and his wife is terrific....you will meet her when you go for your consultation. . I'm happy I chose light impressions... This is one of the few times in your life that you want pictures to be perfect. Peter takes pride in his work, you can just feel it when he's buzzing around snapping shots. Thanks again , Michael and Sharon 10/11/13

Sent on 10/20/2013

Ashika · Married on 08/24/2013

Peter Podeswa with Light Impressions was the perfect photographer for any wedding! I had two ceremonies and a reception and he was able to capture amazing moments from the whole day! Even now when I look at my photos, I can relive the day because each photo tells a story. There were no intrusions and myself and my guests did not even know of their presence. I am very happy I chose Light Impressions for my special day and would recommend them to any bride looking for a carefree day with someone who knows what they are doing!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Peter was professional and creative at the same time!

Sent on 12/26/2014

Angela · Married on 07/20/2013

Peter was very professional and our wedding pictures were wonderful! I cannot thank him enough for such wonderful pictures. Collette was also wonderful with setting up appointments, discussing pricing options, etc...Thank you! Very personable and friendly. They know their stuff!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Amanda · Married on 06/29/2013

we had a great time working with peter and colette and look forward to creating our photo album

Sent on 10/29/2013

Leah · Married on 05/18/2013

Peter took beautiful pictures of our wedding that have a very natural feel and are not too "posed". He captured the feelings of the day and looking at the pictures brings back great memories of the day each time I look at them. One thing that I really liked about Peter, what that I never felt like he was in our faces taking pictures. It seemed like he was invisible at times, but he still got great pictures of things that I didn't even know were happening around us.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Gina · Married on 11/04/2012

My husband and I were married the Sunday following Super Storm Sandy. Even though that week was extremely stressful, Peter went out of his way to help calm our nerves and to make the day run smoothly. We actually had no electricity in our church, but you would have no idea from looking at our wedding photos. Peter did such a wonderful job especially given the circumstances. We were so happy with all of the photos that it was so difficult choosing which ones we would place in our album. Also, Peter's black and white photos are truly amazing. Peter is a very experienced photograph and he has great suggestions. He and his wife Colette made every step of this process absolutely wonderful. We would absolutely recommend Light Impressions Photography.

Sent on 10/24/2013

Megan · Married on 08/25/2012

Peter & his assistant Kevin were fantastic to work with! Leading up to the wedding and at the wedding Peter was always very professional. At the wedding he made sure to take all of the photos/portraits with our famillies/bridal party that we requested and made sure that no time was wasted before our ceremony. During the ceremony and reception, Peter seemed to capture all the key moments without being intrusive at all. We've only seen a few pictures so far, but can't wait to get our proofs back and start putting together our album!

Sent on 09/23/2012

Megan · Married on 08/18/2012

They did a fabulous job from the moment we found Light Impressions at a bridal show. Super friendly to work with and we had Sean as our photographer on wedding day and we felt so comfortable with him + we loved how creative he was!! We got tons of really unique shots- couldn't be happier!! We are looking forward to meeting with them to design our bridal album
    :-)

Sent on 10/01/2012

Kathy · Married on 08/11/2012

Their photography is absolutely beautiful! Peter is such a professional and knows his stuff. His experience in doing weddings is expansive and he was able to give me advice about other areas outside of photography as well. My sister also used Peter for her wedding and the pictures turned out so great that I had to book him too. He uses real film for the black and white shots and even does some cool infra-red imaging. I'm 100% impressed with this company and would definitely recommend.

Sent on 08/25/2012

John · Married on 07/29/2011

We were so happy with our experience using Light Impressions Photography! They are true professionals and captured the best moments from our wedding day! I would highly recommend this company to anyone who is seeking a photographer. Also, the album & album design were fantastic!

Sent on 09/23/2013

Julie · Married on 07/16/2011

My family and I are so happy that we chose to use Light Impressions for my wedding. We first saw Peter's work at a wedding show and from his samples alone we knew he was exactly what we were looking for. He has a unique eye and his pictures are beautiful. He was great at capturing all the key moments without being intrusive. Other than the family photo shoot we had between the ceremony and reception, I forgot he was even there! I love that are pictures our not stiff and posed... they are nature and in the moment. We really feel like we can relive our day through his photographs. Also, being an artist he appreciates that quality of film photography and uses real film for his black and white photographs rather than just taking the color out of digital pictures. You can really see the difference. He also gives you the option of additionally using infared film and a fish-eye lens if you want even more original pictures. It was also so nice to meet with and talk to the actual photographer every time we were planning the day; rather than at some of the big photo companies where you don't even meet your actual photographer until the day of! Peter's wife Colette was also so amazing and helpful all throughout our planning process. We highly recommend Light Impressions!

Sent on 10/06/2011
  • I

Heather · Married on 10/10/2010

Peter captured our wedding day beautifully. From the very beginning to the very end, he never missed anything! We are thrilled with the way our photos came out. Peter was on time, very responsive with questions and really was wonderful. Peter and Colette are still working with us closely on putting together our albums and our thank you cards. We HIGHLY recommend them. Our photos are one of a kind and we could not be happier with them!

Sent on 12/27/2010